PDA

View Full Version : What is needed to start scenery design???

gigabyte
February 21st, 2009, 07:29
I finally want to give scenery design a go, so I am looking for a push in the right direction. What I need I guess first of all is a list of the tools I will need to start, I have PhotoShop, and several editors and format conversion tools, is there anythign else a beginner MUST have to get going. I am going to start with the Scenery Hall of fame site - looks like it is a great place to begin, is there other sites I should be looking into as a newbie.

I should also state I really just want to get my feet wet for now, I am thinking about learning how to modify some of the default scenery for the area where I live as a learning experience, just want to use default objects and the like. If I get the hang of it I might get more ambicous but I expect that will be a long way off.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
:kilroy:

Shadow Wolf 07
February 21st, 2009, 09:02
...for which game?

gigabyte
February 21st, 2009, 16:15
Sorry I should have been more specific, I run FSX and CFS3 most, so I guess I would like to start with one of those. I am thinking FSX first, perhaps just starting simply with using deafult objects and scenery, maybe I can "improve" (or destroy) the area around my home.

I have played with the Full Mission Builder in IL2 1946, and enjoyed building up bases and port facilities with the object placement tools in the included mission builder, I believe the FSX SDK has something simular and I think that would be something for me to start with.

I am looking over the tools and tutorials on SHOF now so any "Quick Start" tips or tricks to get me going will be most appreciated.

Snuffy
February 21st, 2009, 20:25
... perhaps just starting simply with using deafult objects and scenery, maybe I can "improve" (or destroy) the area around my home. ...

ROFL! There is no doubt about that ... all of us mudmovers have at one time or another destroy an area. :)

I use ADE from Scruffyduck.

Find it in here somewhere ... http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95