PDA

View Full Version : Doubt

Mario Donadon
April 15th, 2019, 16:41
I often put aircraft from FS2004 or even FSX on P3d V3 and this happens, the question is? Is this fixable without touching the model?

https://i.imgur.com/f0lLOYn.jpg

edakridge
April 15th, 2019, 16:46
Nope, You have to go into MCX and make the Virtual Cockpit polygon transparent.

Mario Donadon
April 15th, 2019, 16:58
I wanted to be able to learn this, but my attempts at MCX are a defeat

Milton Shupe
April 15th, 2019, 17:50
I wanted to be able to learn this, but my attempts at MCX are a defeat

In FSX and P3D native models, the vc panel texture is identified in the texture material settings.

In FS9, it was identified in the panel.cfg with a "texture=" statement and the texture name identified with a preceding $ like this:

[Vcockpit01]
file=panelbg.bmp // if 8-bit or 24 bit texture is in the panel folder, you need this statement too, otherwise, no statement means texture must be in texture folder
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$panelbg // indicates texture name is transparent gauge background used for positioning and displaying the gauges

Not sure this will work but it is worth trying.

So, determine what the texture name is, and where it is, and change the panel.cfg to try this method.

Mario Donadon
April 15th, 2019, 18:04
In FSX and P3D native models, the vc panel texture is identified in the texture material settings.

In FS9, it was identified in the panel.cfg with a "texture=" statement and the texture name identified with a preceding $ like this:

[Vcockpit01]
file=panelbg.bmp // if 8-bit or 24 bit texture is in the panel folder, you need this statement too, otherwise, no statement means texture must be in texture folder
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$panelbg // indicates texture name is transparent gauge background used for positioning and displaying the gauges

Not sure this will work but it is worth trying.

So, determine what the texture name is, and where it is, and change the panel.cfg to try this method.

I tried this but no result.