PDA

View Full Version : Flight Replicas/PCAviator

mike_cyul
April 8th, 2019, 05:47
Just a small heads-up that Flight Replicas is no longer selling through PCAviator. There will be no product support for any aircraft purchased after today.

Please pass this on if you can.

Thanks!

Mike

TuFun
April 8th, 2019, 09:52
Looks like PC Aviator USA is no longer active... gone.

Well bing search gave me this and according to bing it's gone. LOL! Oh well. Google says otherwise.

https://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/home.php

Boss86001
April 8th, 2019, 10:02
Why do you say that? The website looks active to me.

Aharon
April 8th, 2019, 10:52
NOT TRUE about your claim

PC Avaitor is very active retail website and they have EXCELLENT customer service. GREAT PRICES.

Regards,

Aharon

YoYo
April 8th, 2019, 11:02

PC Avaitor is very active retail website and they have EXCELLENT customer service. GREAT PRICES.

Regards,

Aharon

Yes, works well. It is my favorite e-shop personally.

fsafranek
April 8th, 2019, 16:30
Looks like PC Aviator USA is no longer active... gone.

Well bing search gave me this and according to bing it's gone. LOL! Oh well. Google says otherwise.

https://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/home.php

Not sure what that "dlstore" is about but this works fine. And tomorrow is 10% off Tuesday.

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/
:ernaehrung004:

mike_cyul
April 8th, 2019, 17:14
How about when they don't pay the people who's products they sell?

There was some contact today, and we'll see how things work out. Although it appears it was this action that prompted contact, as there had been no answer to earlier emails.

TuFun
April 8th, 2019, 21:14
Not sure what that "dlstore" is about but this works fine. And tomorrow is 10% off Tuesday.

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/
:ernaehrung004:

Yea, it was odd to say the least. I have an account at pcaviator USA store and can log in. I do have issues with there support though.

wombat666
April 8th, 2019, 23:14
There was some contact today, and we'll see how things work out. Although it appears it was this action that prompted contact, as there had been no answer to earlier emails.

There's a lot of that happening in many areas, not just in FS.
Good thinking Mike.
:encouragement:

YoYo
April 9th, 2019, 00:01

It was the first step to falling down the FlightSimStore (what is strange its online still). As customer of PCAviator I can say only when I sent him 2-3 mails I was waiting 1-2 weeks for the reply. I hope its temporary delay.

PHo17
April 9th, 2019, 01:57

IMHO not 100% excellent customer service. Some years ago I accidentally bought there the same (downloadable) airplane I already had bought there before. They refused to refund me. Actually they never even answered to my EMails. A polite refusal would have been correct and satisfactory (my own fault anyway). Since then I haven't bought there anything.

PHo17
April 9th, 2019, 02:00
It was the first step to falling down the FlightSimStore (what is strange its online still).

I just visited the PC Aviator site and copied there all License/Serial numbers of the addons I have bought there. Just in case.

Aharon
April 9th, 2019, 06:16
PC Aviator support service always replies to my emails very fast and always answers my questions promptly as long as you allow them appropriate 24 hour to reply due to different time zones.

PC Aviator support department NEVER NEVER disappoints me.

They are excellent and I love their prices.

Regards,

Aharon

expat
April 9th, 2019, 08:07
Hmm. Have bought more payware there than anywhere else and hear from them often. No complaints or problems here. Like 10% Tuesdays.

blanston12
April 9th, 2019, 08:45
I do hope this is just a temporary issue, I have purchased many things from them and have not had any problems (including about half of the Virtavia products at 50% off).

But if they are starting to have problems I agree the prudent thing to do is make backups of all the installers and they licences.

centuryseries
April 9th, 2019, 09:35
Buying is not the problem, getting what is owed to you as a developer is the problem. You're not alone Mike.

heywooood
April 9th, 2019, 10:22
A distributor has TWO roads to maintain - the one his customers use, and the one his suppliers use.
Unless he maintains BOTH roads he is a lousy distributor. Period.
now crossed of my list, along with the one that charges me $5.00 to download my own previous purchases.
Thanks to Mike for keeping the community informed of the bad actors. We can all help have an influence on proper trade when we know what’s up

mike_cyul
April 9th, 2019, 11:23
To be fair, I have no way of knowing what's going on behind the scenes, it could be any number of things, so I try not to make a judgement. It really just come down to the fact that if you want to sell a supplier's products, you must pay the supplier. If Flight Replicas doesn't get paid, a vendor can't sell Flight Replicas products. That's all there is to it.

There have been some positive things going on today, and I hope to have good news later. If not, well then, things will stand as they are.

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2019, 11:44
As being a former online retailer (Not Flightsim) this is how businesses get hurt. If you have a personal experience that has NEVER been addressed it is certainly important to inform others so they don't get burned. BUT...I have done business with PCAviator since 2011 and have NEVER had a single bad experience including support issues. I just checked my account. Every purchase still has a download link active all 14 of them including 2011 which I know a lot of manufacturers and etailers only keep download links so long. Now, when that DID happen to me at Carenado, EVERY purchase was reinstated with a new serial by them and my account updated when I had to do a complete reinstall of all aircraft. They have even replaced a defective DVD of Megascenery Earth for me in the past. Saved downloads with serials don't work for all mfr's because of piracy issues but I have never had a problem even with Corel and their a big fish.

My point is, PCAviator has a published telephone number if you didn't get your email answered and they have answered or returned calls. Did you call them?

My 2 cents

YoYo
April 9th, 2019, 11:55
Buying is not the problem, getting what is owed to you as a developer is the problem. You're not alone Mike.

It doesn't sound good ...

mike_cyul
April 9th, 2019, 12:19
Just to bring the thread back on topic, the original message was just to let folks know that there would be no more product support for aircraft purchased from a certain vendor after a certain date, if the products were still up on the website. This solely to save purchasers from any future frustration.

And the update so far has been that we've been in touch and it looks as if things will sort out (touch wood). When sorted, I'll let everyone know, and Flight Replicas will be happy to sell with them again.

mike_cyul
April 10th, 2019, 01:34
Happy to announce that things appear to be resolved for now, and full product support is back in place for all Flight Replicas aircraft.

Thank you PCAviator for moving quickly to look after the issue.

heywooood
April 10th, 2019, 05:18
Glad to hear it and thanks for the update. I have bought a few products there in the past and had no issues at all. As long as they are taking care of the other half of our community (the developers) I can continue to buy from them.

wombat666
April 10th, 2019, 05:47
Glad to hear it and thanks for the update. I have bought a few products there in the past and had no issues at all. As long as they are taking care of the other half of our community (the developers) I can continue to buy from them.

Fair enough!:encouragement: