PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Gauges Aeronca

Thomas J Wood
April 7th, 2019, 07:16
Ok... so I was asked for a more vintage look to the gauges. so I sat down and wrote up a new set, minus the clock.

I am debating whether or not to put in a actual fuel gauge to go along with the fuel pressure gauge I put in. But it means losing the clock.

I will make a decision on that later as it is you can figger out your range and when you hit "0" pressure...well your out of fuel....and the Aeronca only holds a little bit so pressure is around 30 pounds...so around 250 miles range which is accurate.:encouragement:

Oh also added a new gauge... its called the seat cover... the old one looked like ...ermmm crap?...something like that.

Ok, I'm going to finish up the Vc mapping for the screws on the floor and the new ceiling texture and then I have to finish the FDE, ITS GETTING HAIRY!:biggrin-new:
With the air tunnel data the 100hp engine pulls her to the left so hang on man and stab the rudder a couple of times or its pine tress and tourists bouncing off your wind screen at the next fly in! :biggrin-new:

Here are your new gauges....and don't worry the ASI gauge is very vintage.. I will teach you guys how to read it in the documents and the official flight training video for the Aeronca On the new web site!

I love old shi...ermmm stuff.:playful:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68400&stc=1

FlyingsCool
April 7th, 2019, 09:05
Nice!

The "clock" could be an old wristband watch hanging from the cross-support... ;)

Did the old Aeronca's even have a fuel gauge?

Thomas J Wood
April 7th, 2019, 10:22
I dont think so, but my customer service went bizzonko when i released the standard version with out a fuel guage... so for the sake of my sanity I put one in...lol :biggrin-new:

cavaricooper
April 7th, 2019, 12:36
I'd personally much rather see a floating wire with a 90 degree bend (on the fuel cap)... much more reliable and realistic...

C

binarkansas
April 7th, 2019, 13:31
I believe the 7-AC had a model A ford Fuel Gauge on top of the panel............

Mike71
April 8th, 2019, 02:26
I flew a couple of these as a student pilot in the early 60's - they were so bastardized I doubt the FAA ever paid attention to how they were modded. What STCs existed then I am not sure.

I doubt there was ever a "common" cockpit unless it was what the catalogue saless brochure showed.