PDA

View Full Version : Teaser for FSX / P3D

DC1973
April 5th, 2019, 04:48
Hi all,

I honestly can't say much about this project at the moment but wanted to share this so that other developers are aware of it, to avoid doubling up on projects. I'm hugely excited about it, but with the RF-8G, TSR 2 and my commercial Farnborough project lined up for this year already, this one's not going to be available for a fair while. However, I know many were very interested whenever I mentioned it, so just to let you know that it's in the pipeline and is all kinds of awesome. I consider myself immensely fortunate to be a part of it, and will begin work on the release later in 2019.

I'll just leave this here for now :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68385&stc=1

Priller
April 5th, 2019, 05:21
Be still my beating heart!! ;)

dhasdell
April 5th, 2019, 05:51
"Grace...space...pace"?

Sundog
April 5th, 2019, 09:33
Well it's about time! I don't think we've had an original variant since FS2002. :encouragement:
I know AlphaSim had a new one in the works awhile back that fizzled out.

RS
April 5th, 2019, 09:58
Hi DC1973,

....great news! Please use a huge pipeline to guid the cat through it with high speed....

I look forward to the day when I can do some deep flights with this beast :devilish:...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68386&stc=1

Many greetings

RS

pilto von pilto
April 5th, 2019, 18:55
Hi all,

I honestly can't say much about this project at the moment but wanted to share this so that other developers are aware of it, to avoid doubling up on projects. I'm hugely excited about it, but with the RF-8G, TSR 2 and my commercial Farnborough project lined up for this year already, this one's not going to be available for a fair while. However, I know many were very interested whenever I mentioned it, so just to let you know that it's in the pipeline and is all kinds of awesome. I consider myself immensely fortunate to be a part of it, and will begin work on the release later in 2019.

I'll just leave this here for now :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68385&stc=1

It is ok to double up on projects though ?
It's a little odd to read "but wanted to share this so that other developers are aware of it, to avoid doubling up on projects."

The point is that other devs may already be at work on a Jag. I know of 2 who are ( though in both cases not as far along as this one. )

More competition, means better pricing, means more sales, means happier more vibrant community and a stronger community moving forward. Which benefits everyone. Look at the F-111 from a few years back. Suddenly 3 were being developed at once! Ours did well, so did the other 2 apparently.

So it looks like it's suddenly going to be "its a jaaaaaaaaaaag " time.:playful:

Priller
April 6th, 2019, 00:12
So it looks like it's suddenly going to be "its a jaaaaaaaaaaag " time.:playful:

And about time!! :jump: We've been waiting ages for a decent Jag! At least, I have been.

Priller

DC1973
April 6th, 2019, 00:20
It is ok to double up on projects though ?
It's a little odd to read "but wanted to share this so that other developers are aware of it, to avoid doubling up on projects."

The point is that other devs may already be at work on a Jag. I know of 2 who are ( though in both cases not as far along as this one. )

More competition, means better pricing, means more sales, means happier more vibrant community and a stronger community moving forward. Which benefits everyone. Look at the F-111 from a few years back. Suddenly 3 were being developed at once! Ours did well, so did the other 2 apparently.

I know :) But some folks, like me, have a penchant for grabbing a project that nobody has ever done before or for which there hasn't been a recent release. I thought it might be helpful for anybody who thinks the same who'd seen the recent flurry of Jaaaaaaaaag posts and was thinking about giving it a whirl.

Did I mention the package includes the T-bird and multiple foreign versions...? :mixed-smiley-010:

pilto von pilto
April 6th, 2019, 14:05
I know :) But some folks, like me, have a penchant for grabbing a project that nobody has ever done before or for which there hasn't been a recent release. I thought it might be helpful for anybody who thinks the same who'd seen the recent flurry of Jaaaaaaaaag posts and was thinking about giving it a whirl.

Did I mention the package includes the T-bird and multiple foreign versions...? :mixed-smiley-010:

Oh I get it now. Got the wrong end of the anouncement. So you're saying that if you are the type of person who doesnt like to start something and someone has already got one underway then this is a P.S.A to help those fellows out. For the others you arent saying " hey we're working on <insert plane here > and you shouldnt " Sorry about that misconception.

We're only doing the one variant and not for FSX. I think the other fellows are doing an FS/P3d version and they didnt let on if they were doing various variants. But the real winners ? The community who will finally get a Jag and a choice as well.