PDA

View Full Version : MJ C47 VC Texture Help

Duckie
April 2nd, 2019, 07:20
Stating my question here because I didn't want to interrupt/distract the other 2 active threads.

While updating my "EC47" paints to use MJ's new EC47 model I've noticed that in the VC (VVC) that the seat cushion, arm rests and seat belts/shoulder straps have no texture. All other textures from the VVC_1.dds texture sheet are there in the VC.

I've checked, double checked and re-checked the texture, orientation, spelling/format, as well as the model and texture config files, and substituted texture files but nothing has worked so far. These were all working at one time but I haven't flown the C-47 and a while and when I updated with the EC model is when I noticed the problem.

My sim is FSX Gold boxed updated.

model.cfg:
[models]
normal=EC47
interior=..\model\C47R_interior

texture.cfg:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture._USAF_IntGray
fallback.2=..\texture.I_Must_Go
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68328&stc=1

Any help is very much appreciated.

Steve

FlyingsCool
April 2nd, 2019, 07:36
I assume you're using ModelConverterX to check it and make sure you're using the correct texture file? Is this only with the EC model? Do the same textures work with other models?

mgr
April 2nd, 2019, 08:44
Hiya,

Recently discovered in my PH-PBA repaint, that the missing texture are linked to the file "vvc_2bump.dds" and not to "vvc_1.dds".

Please note "vvc_2bump.dds" is not a "bump" file, that one is called "vvc_2bump_bump.dds", spec is called "vvc_2bump_spec.dds".

Regards,

Marcel

PS think your problem is you don't have the main texture as backup/fallback, the texture.cfg should be (or copy the vvc_2bump*.dds to your "_USAF_IntGray" folder :adoration: ):

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\texture._USAF_IntGray
fallback.3=..\texture.I_Must_Go
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.5=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

mjahn
April 2nd, 2019, 22:13
Goodness, five fallback folders? My setup is running happily on the usual three:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture

At any rate this one calls up the default brown VVC texture set, including the seats, and I am sure any custom VVC texture set can be arranged similarly by setting up a different fallback.1 folder (add the original base texture lot to the new color scheme, done).

Mind you, a line such as

is totally meaningless even apart from the typo. That path only existed on the original FSX developers' desktops, if that.

Cheers Manfred

Duckie
April 3rd, 2019, 09:46
Thanks, gents, for all the replies. Very helpful.

Hiya,

Recently discovered in my PH-PBA repaint, that the missing texture are linked to the file "vvc_2bump.dds" and not to "vvc_1.dds".

Please note "vvc_2bump.dds" is not a "bump" file, that one is called "vvc_2bump_bump.dds", spec is called "vvc_2bump_spec.dds".

Regards,

Marcel

PS think your problem is you don't have the main texture as backup/fallback, the texture.cfg should be (or copy the vvc_2bump*.dds to your "_USAF_IntGray" folder :adoration: ):

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\texture._USAF_IntGray
fallback.3=..\texture.I_Must_Go
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Marcel, you get the cigar!

1. You ID'd the specific files to be modified, which were also missing from the USAF texture set.
2. You ID'd the texture.cfg structure I was unsure of.

I ended up following your suggestion and added these files to the USAF texture set.

Goodness, five fallback folders? My setup is running happily on the usual three:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture

At any rate this one calls up the default brown VVC texture set, including the seats, and I am sure any custom VVC texture set can be arranged similarly by setting up a different fallback.1 folder (add the original base texture lot to the new color scheme, done).

Mind you, a line such as

is totally meaningless even apart from the typo. That path only existed on the original FSX developers' desktops, if that.

Cheers Manfred

Manfred, thanks very much for your reply and additional info regarding texture.cfg structure. The texture.cfg I was initially using was directly from the downloaded VVC textures and the author's readme. Unfortunately when one is unfamiliar with such things we use what is instructed until or unless it fails, as in this case, then we learn, as in this case.

Thanks again, everyone, for taking the time to reply, educate, and most of all, help fix my problem.

Cheers,

Steve