PDA

View Full Version : Oculus Rift

CIMOGT
March 13th, 2019, 04:58
Hello everyone, i buy the Oculus Rift lenses, waiting for the delivery I consult which will be the best simulator to use them

PREPARD3D
FSX or
DCS

Daube
March 13th, 2019, 06:23
Although I haven't tried it yet, DCS is the sim that will offer the most impressive visuals for the planes, as far as I read.
But to keep in the "FS" world, I'd say Prepar3Dv4 will be the best, as it supports VR natively.
To use VR in FSX, you'll need to buy a third party software named FlyInsideFSX, which works very well.
P3Dv4 doesn't need third party software, and offers a greater visual quality.

b52bob
March 13th, 2019, 06:27
From what I’ve seen, X-plane has the best support out of the box. Many aircraft are set up for VR without much hassle.

DaveWG
March 13th, 2019, 07:41
Aerofly also has great VR support, but out of your list I'd say DCS, then P3dv4 followed by FSX.

Stickshaker
March 13th, 2019, 11:49
I concur with Daube.

DennyA
March 13th, 2019, 12:01
You'll get the most impressive visuals and fastest frame rate with AeroFly FS2, which is a great sim for what it does but is still missing some key features. Still, it's great for VFR flying, and for showing off your goggles.

For combat, both DCS and IL-2 are excellent. Note that you can try DCS for free (comes with unarmed TP-51D and a trainer version of a Russian attack jet). IL-2 is on sale and you can Battle of Stalingrad or Moscow for just $16.99 right now. Beautiful in VR, fast frame rates.

On the civilian side, X-Plane has gotten a lot better, but I prefer Prepar3D at the moment as the third-party and freeware support is much better. Just be aware you need a monster system to get good frame rates, as is always the case with MSFS-based engines.

DennyA
March 13th, 2019, 12:04
You should also grab the demo of FlyInside Flight Simulator 0.5 beta and try it. It's still in development and pretty raw in many aspects, but the frame rates are dramatically better than P3D. Plus if you buy into the beta during development, you can fly about $250 worth (in their original FSX versions) of planes and helicopters from MilViz and a couple other developers.

https://flyinside-fsx.com/Download

YoYo
March 13th, 2019, 13:18
Hello everyone, i buy the Oculus Rift lenses, waiting for the delivery I consult which will be the best simulator to use them

PREPARD3D
FSX or
DCS

Few days ago I tested the new Pimax 5k Plus (I think the best VR on customer market till now).
Here is the big review: http://yoyosims.pl/pimax-5k-virtual-reality (use Google translate button).
I cant test it in P3Dv4 (pity, buggy) but it works quite nice with DCS and IL-2.

http://yoyosims.pl/sites/default/files/Obrazki/Pimax5kPlus/Pimax5kPlus_review_9m.JPG

DC1973
March 14th, 2019, 00:51

PREPARD3D
FSX or
DCS

As a user of Virtual Reality since the first Oculus Development Kit I can tell you that whichever sim you use it it, it's going to blow your mind. P3D looks best, obviously, FSX runs well using FSX FlyInside as long as you watch the detail levels to maintain frame rates, DCS gives overall the best performance and X-Plane 11 is also solid with excellent, real-world lighting that rivals real flying (I'm PPL trained ). But the best bit for you will be seeing your ships at full scale for the first time, it's awesome :)

Daube
March 14th, 2019, 00:56
Xplane 11 might become a good element after the next few versions.
Currently it's unusable in VR. Performance is mediocre, and cloud shadows keep flashing ON/OFF killing your eyes. Of course you can disable the shadows as a workaround, but then it looks terrible.
Once they improve the performance, and they solve the visual bugs, XPlane will indeed become a nice sim to use in VR. For now, P3Dv4, DCS world and IL-2 battle of Stalingrad are the best choices.

CIMOGT
March 14th, 2019, 04:59
thank you all, I already install DCS and I will keep PREPAR3D

CIMOGT
March 14th, 2019, 05:06
Few days ago I tested the new Pimax 5k Plus (I think the best VR on customer market till now).
Here is the big review: http://yoyosims.pl/pimax-5k-virtual-reality (use Google translate button).
I cant test it in P3Dv4 (pity, buggy) but it works quite nice with DCS and IL-2.

http://yoyosims.pl/sites/default/files/Obrazki/Pimax5kPlus/Pimax5kPlus_review_9m.JPG

thank you I did not know these vr glasses, i should have researched more before buying, I will tell you how the oculus work on my pc

CIMOGT
March 14th, 2019, 05:13
As a user of Virtual Reality since the first Oculus Development Kit I can tell you that whichever sim you use it it, it's going to blow your mind. P3D looks best, obviously, FSX runs well using FSX FlyInside as long as you watch the detail levels to maintain frame rates, DCS gives overall the best performance and X-Plane 11 is also solid with excellent, real-world lighting that rivals real flying (I'm PPL trained ). But the best bit for you will be seeing your ships at full scale for the first time, it's awesome :)

Yes, I have seen many very good comments about the VR lenses I hope to install them over the weekend !!

CIMOGT
March 14th, 2019, 05:20
From what I’ve seen, X-plane has the best support out of the box. Many aircraft are set up for VR without much hassle.

I never install xplane, I'll install it to test it

Daveroo
March 14th, 2019, 08:31
Xplane 11 might become a good element after the next few versions.
Currently it's unusable in VR. Performance is mediocre, and cloud shadows keep flashing ON/OFF killing your eyes. Of course you can disable the shadows as a workaround, but then it looks terrible.
Once they improve the performance, and they solve the visual bugs, XPlane will indeed become a nice sim to use in VR. For now, P3Dv4, DCS world and IL-2 battle of Stalingrad are the best choices.

i wonder if its your settings?..im using rift with Xplane 11 and have had NO issues at all.none,looks so much better than P3Dv4 that i removed it from my PC completely.i havent used FSX in years so i cant say anything to it.ive seen on the different forums that with Xplane you need to have your FPS at that 45 mark,but mine is way higher so maybe that is the thing here,but as i stated,no issues at all.