PDA

View Full Version : Missing gauges on RWD-8pws

Cazzie
October 9th, 2008, 10:00
Lucas, I need help.

This is a beautiful airplane, but I have no gauges for it. I went back and downloaded the self-exe. to a temp file to look for them , but I see nothing. Is there a fix available or something I did wrong? Everything else is wonderful and I can fly without the gauges (real men don't need them :d), but it would be nice to have them.

Caz

thefrog
October 9th, 2008, 10:11
Caz
There are no gauges in the rear cockpit as far as I know. If you press A you should find yourself in the front where there should be a few gauges.
Frog

Lucas, I need help.

This is a beautiful airplane, but I have no gauges for it. I went back and downloaded the self-exe. to a temp file to look for them , but I see nothing. Is there a fix available or something I did wrong? Everything else is wonderful and I can fly without the gauges (real men don't need them :d), but it would be nice to have them.

Caz

empeck
October 9th, 2008, 10:41
That's true - it was a simple trainer aircraft, and most gauges (except oil temperature and pressure) were in first cockpit only.

I'm glad you like our little plane Cazzie :wavey:

Have you tried Lublin R.XIII and RWD-14?

lucas81
October 9th, 2008, 10:44
Exactly. Thanks thefrog!

The RWD-8 was very simple. The first seat was occupied by the student, the secound by the pilot.

The student had:
-RPM gauge and HSI gauge installed externally (so the instructor could see them)
-Oil temp and Oil pressure gauges (and so the instructor - look down in the VC: left/right)

The fuelmeter is very simple and it is installed in front of the cockpit, just behind the engine.
Just use the "A" key to jump in the VC (front, RPM, HSI, rear)
Also, when the plane is standing on the ground, press shift+2 to open custom gauge which will allow you to set the horizontal stabilizer - just like in the real one.

Be sure to install "expansion pack" for the RWD-8. It contains new, long range model, simple damage model for the engine and corrected gauges ;)

Regards,
Lucas

Edit: Right, Cazzie, get Empeck's Lublin R.XIII pack with float version, RWD-14 and our three bases: Puck (built especially for the float Lublin - this is vintage base), Jastarnia (small aerodrome close to the Puck) and Pole Mokotowskie (vintage aerodrome scenery in Warsaw)

Cazzie
October 9th, 2008, 11:23
Thanks a million Lucas and empeck.

I do have the Lublins for FS9, but have not downloaded the FSX versions as I just purchased FSX Tuesday evening. I still need to learn the keyboard shortcuts for FSX, thanks for the tip on the "A" key frog.

It is wonderful for you to include the .psd Paint Kit too, I wish payware aircraft would do so also.

Caz