PDA

View Full Version : Frame Rates

Ravenna
February 27th, 2019, 23:52
Is there something about windows 10 which stops the sim displaying frame rates? I can't get a display. I used to call up FRs using shift + Z but that does nothing. How do others using Win 10 call up frame rates?:banghead:

Shadow Wolf 07
February 28th, 2019, 06:14
Try shift + Z to display frame rates in the sim. You may have to hit it several times to display the FR and other data. :wavey: I'll give that a try myself when I get home and see if I can duplicate the problem. In the meantime, a program called FRAPs also shows FR in the sim as well as shoots screenshots and video's. http://www.fraps.com/download.php

mav
February 28th, 2019, 06:48
Have you installed directx9?????

Helps or needed in running old games.

Allen
February 28th, 2019, 10:23
The 1st Shift + Z gives you Latitude, Longitude Alt, heading and speed. 2nd Shift + Z gives frames. 3rd will be both together.

Ravenna
February 28th, 2019, 12:09
Thanks for the HU on FRAPS Shadow Wolf. I'll try that.

Mav, I don't know whether I have directX9. It may have been installed by the technician who set up my PC, but I'm not sure. Where would I look for it? My CFS2 installs are in two locations: half of them are on my C drive in Programs (x86), the rest are on my D drive. They all work and all respond to commands in missions and QC, but I can't call up the readout on the top of the screen for co-ordinates and/ or frame rates.

Allen, I've tried hitting shift + Z....once, twice, three times. I get zero response. Just a thought...is there a setting entry for displaying co-ordinates and frame rates? I'll look at that and then try FRAPS.
Thanks guys.

Ravenna
February 28th, 2019, 18:11
OK, I installed FRAPS and it works well. Thanks Shadow Wolf. Interesting phenomenon over the Bruges scenery I'm testing. Getting close to the city my FRs dropped to 9, but quickly bounced up to 19. Overflying the harbour/ U boat base I'm getting 20-22 fps. Everywhere else is between 28 and 35 fps. All this is of course without adding a lay file or othe aircraft.

mav
February 28th, 2019, 19:03
Do a search in system32 folder for files named "d3dx9" in them.... if you have it's been installed.

Ravenna
February 28th, 2019, 20:34
Thanks Mav. Found it. I now have two frame rate counters, one through FRAPS and one by assigning shift + Z in settings. Somehow that key combination was set to shutting down the throttle.
Interesting that the in game fps count is higher than the same locations in FRAPS.