PDA

View Full Version : New Zeland Airport

Mario Donadon
February 23rd, 2019, 16:43
Hello friends, does anyone know where this track is ?, I know it's New Zealand, but the location I do not know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aML_22bfksg

mrogers
February 23rd, 2019, 19:23
Mario, it could be anywhere in the North Island of New Zealand. It's not an airport but is a farm airstrip that is used by top dressing planes to spread fertilizer around the farm and neighbouring farms as well. Some farms have their own airstrip for that purpose and are not usually on maps and don't have a code. Most airstrips usually are like that in the youtube vid with a steep angle so that the aircraft can slow down on the landing roll on the way up hill to the loader at the top and to gain acceleration on take off down hill from the top after loading.

Twice43
February 24th, 2019, 05:36
It looks to me to be somewhere around either the Wanganui area or perhaps further North East towards Taupo/Rotorua area, or even the King Country, North of Wanganui.

The clues are it is hilly, & there are areas of planted pines. Its very hilly above Wanganui, & there is a lot of forestation over by Taupo & Rotorua.
If I had to take a pick I would say Wanganui region.

The aircraft is a Pacific Aerospace Cresco 08-600 and it is registered to Ravensdown Aerowork Ltd, based in Wanganui.

T43