PDA

View Full Version : Section F8 F-86 re-imagined to CA-27 Avon Sabre

Jafo
February 18th, 2019, 15:34
It's been quite a while - converting a 1024 paintkit to 4096 was the bug-bear, particularly with discovering several 'anomalies' with the graphics-mapping to the model.... along with the several discrepancies between what 'was' an F-86 and now a Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation CA-27 Avon Sabre.
When working at 4096 level even one pixel of misalignment shows up painfully so the eternal trial-and-error-adjust-and-retry becomes er eternal.
Pretty much everything related to the exterior bitmaps [there are 3] has changed, the most important was the removal of the overlaps so all the pixels in paint would be only those that painted save for a limited cut-out line.
The biggest anomaly with the model paint was the U/C doors....they simply cannot be defined, and the U/S rear wing roots are mostly iffy.
One of the early fun bits was trying to locate one tiny bit of the forward-left tailplane root.... I knew it was there somewhere [it painted] but I almost had to look through every one of the 16 million pixels. It ended up about as far away from where it 'should' have been as you could get and still be in the same bmp.

All that aside, it's a great model/plane [with the usual canopy glass prob], and no-one has done a '27 so I thought it was worth the effort.
Needless to say, once I've uploaded the 6 real paints I've almost completed I'll have to rework everything again so I can release an updated 4096 kit of the F-86 itself - sigh - will have to type all the notes on that one with an American accent...;)

Here's a latest pic of A94-101, the CA-26 prototype of the 27.
I only decided to do all this when I noticed the machine gun ports were painted, not modelled...so Cannons would work the same way...;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67503&stc=1

Aircanuck
February 18th, 2019, 16:47
Always thought this is the epitome of a jet fighter for FSX, and a pilot figure that other developers should take note of .... looking forward to your contribution.

Jafo
February 18th, 2019, 18:25
Here's a simple comparison between an original paint and what happens with a 4096...
...and also what the high res kit looks like with 6 paints inside... up against the original, both at 1/4 full size. There's a wee bit of difference.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67509&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67510&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67511&stc=1

Daube
February 19th, 2019, 00:28
That paint looks really nice and crisp !
As noted above, that model is probably one of the best freeware ever made.
Was the Section F8 Sabre ever converted to native FSX format, or is it still a portover ?

Jafo
February 19th, 2019, 01:33
That paint looks really nice and crisp !
As noted above, that model is probably one of the best freeware ever made.
Was the Section F8 Sabre ever converted to native FSX format, or is it still a portover ?
Thanks, yes I always try to take advantage of the higher res...though this time I avoided the actual typos some of the notes were found to have...

It's unfortunately not FSX native....has the auto-gen tree argument with the canopy glass [as oldies do].
Perhaps we can convince Jan to update it - it's such a nice plane otherwise...

Here's A94-901 the first production '27 sporting the aluminium paint [yes, 'aluminium' - it's not American]...;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67522&stc=1

Jafo
February 19th, 2019, 02:04
Needless to say, timing is everything...I'm shortly off to the World Superbikes at Phillip Island [my Jafo-ing] so won't be ready to upload these paints till sometime after the weekend...all that compiling and DDS-ing to do yet...;)

Here's a pic of VH-SBR, one of the two [currently] Avons still flying...;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67523&stc=1

wombat666
February 19th, 2019, 03:53
I'm shortly off to the World Superbikes at Phillip Island [my Jafo-ing) Here's A94-901 the first production '27 sporting the aluminum paint [yes, 'aluminum' - it's not American]...;)

I presume you'll be doing the pit lane release thing Paul?
We'll be there, I'll do my thing with the KTM and park it among all the Dukes as I'm a member of the Ducati Owners Club. :pirate:

Way back when I was cutting up Monogram F86E kits to make Avons I acquired several litres of RAAF 'aluminum dope', IIRC it was clear Cellulose Dope loaded with Aluminum powder.
It ate Styrene unless it was applied over a base coat.
Even further back I remember seeing it on Wirraways, Ginwheels, Mustangs and Vampires, later on Sabres and Miracles.

Jafo
February 19th, 2019, 04:17
I presume you'll be doing the pit lane release thing Paul?
We'll be there, I'll do my thing with the KTM and park it among all the Dukes as I'm a member of the Ducati Owners Club. :pirate:

Dunno where I'll be stationed....it's my 25th SBK, BTW... but hopefully not at 12 right where a Moto2 spat kitty litter at me...got one in the shoulder ...like a rifle bullet...not bad to be hit about 100 meters from where a back wheel could have spat one from.

Next month I'm 8 left at Albert Park for the F1 [and that'll be my 40th consecutive AGP] ...;)

Meanwhile.... here's a more recognizable one...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67525&stc=1

dvj
February 19th, 2019, 07:20
It's been quite a while - converting a 1024 paintkit to 4096 was the bug-bear, particularly with discovering several 'anomalies' with the graphics-mapping to the model.... along with the several discrepancies between what 'was' an F-86 and now a Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation CA-27 Avon Sabre.
When working at 4096 level even one pixel of misalignment shows up painfully so the eternal trial-and-error-adjust-and-retry becomes er eternal.
Pretty much everything related to the exterior bitmaps [there are 3] has changed, the most important was the removal of the overlaps so all the pixels in paint would be only those that painted save for a limited cut-out line.
The biggest anomaly with the model paint was the U/C doors....they simply cannot be defined, and the U/S rear wing roots are mostly iffy.
One of the early fun bits was trying to locate one tiny bit of the forward-left tailplane root.... I knew it was there somewhere [it painted] but I almost had to look through every one of the 16 million pixels. It ended up about as far away from where it 'should' have been as you could get and still be in the same bmp.

All that aside, it's a great model/plane [with the usual canopy glass prob], and no-one has done a '27 so I thought it was worth the effort.
Needless to say, once I've uploaded the 6 real paints I've almost completed I'll have to rework everything again so I can release an updated 4096 kit of the F-86 itself - sigh - will have to type all the notes on that one with an American accent...;)

Here's a latest pic of A94-101, the CA-26 prototype of the 27.
I only decided to do all this when I noticed the machine gun ports were painted, not modelled...so Cannons would work the same way...;)

So does this now mean the Section 8 F-86 model is DX10 compatible with these mods? -d

Bjoern
February 19th, 2019, 09:13
I think I still have the partially converted GMax file for the F-8, Jan never minded a conversion and I've always offered it when the subject was brought up so far, but if there are no bakers, there'll be no bread.

By now, however, I figure a direct conversion with ModelConverter might be faster and easier to do.

Jafo
February 19th, 2019, 14:27
So does this now mean the Section 8 F-86 model is DX10 compatible with these mods? -d
Only change is the image resolution [biggest FSX can handle] .... I'm running them as extended Bitmaps which are huge [65meg]...they'll be uploaded as DDS DXT5 compacted images which are 16meg. That's all.

Here's number 5 of the 6.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67538&stc=1

....and number 6 of the 6. [actually the first one I did].

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67539&stc=1

Javis
February 19th, 2019, 22:52
I think I still have the partially converted GMax file for the F-8, Jan never minded a conversion and I've always offered it when the subject was brought up so far, but if there are no bakers, there'll be no bread.

By now, however, I figure a direct conversion with ModelConverter might be faster and easier to do.

Before Milviz released their F-86 Colin kindly asked me to refrain from going down the native FSX path with our freeware Sabre model. I thought, givin the commercial aspect of Milviz, that was a reasonable request so let's stick to that. Besides, particularly the VC is way ahead of ours. I have great respect for the modeler who put that piece of art together (Kevin Miller and/or Dmitriy Usatiy ?..) :cool:

Cheers,
Jan

Timmy74
February 19th, 2019, 23:27
Nice work Jafo. However I do not know if you can move the gun ports up a tad...they look to low.

You could say that they are placed evenly between the base of anti glare black nose and the bottom line of the fuselage.

I am off to Super Bikes too this weekend and then Avalon the following. Great time of year in Melbourne right now!

Jafo
February 20th, 2019, 02:51
Before Milviz released their F-86 Colin kindly asked me to refrain from going down the native FSX path with our freeware Sabre model. I thought, givin the commercial aspect of Milviz, that was a reasonable request so let's stick to that. Besides, particularly the VC is way ahead of ours. I have great respect for the modeler who put that piece of art together (Kevin Miller and/or Dmitriy Usatiy ?..) :cool:

Cheers,
Jan
Just the glass and I'd be happy.....trees drawing on the wrong side of the canopy glass is a real pain...like prop disks and clouds...;)

Jafo
February 20th, 2019, 02:58
Nice work Jafo. However I do not know if you can move the gun ports up a tad...they look to low.

You could say that they are placed evenly between the base of anti glare black nose and the bottom line of the fuselage.

I am off to Super Bikes too this weekend and then Avalon the following. Great time of year in Melbourne right now!
I originally had them higher....then came to do all the panels and decided they were simply too high to work. It probably comes down to actual differences with the fact it's an 86 model, not a 27. The fuse is substantially different. The Avon motor was shorter, wider and way more powerful...and the intake was therefore quite a bit bigger....;)

Assuming it's OK to release my workup of the paint kit I'd be more than happy for others to have a crack at compromising the rework from 86 to 27...;)

Supers are always fun....better racing, usually, than the overly officious Moto ...;)
Meanwhile.....my 'what if' I used to test other bits....like fuse and wing stripes....and what happens when you go all metallic on badges....[and zeus fasteners]...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67540&stc=1

Jafo
February 20th, 2019, 03:44
Had a look at the gun ports yet again.....
Decided some trickery was in order....
Here's a comparison...my version is on the left.....and that's the real animal on the right.
They're pretty close, considering... and you can clearly see the intake difference that exacerbates the issue...;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67541&stc=1

...of course...if I'd done that exactly like this sooner...I might have redone the entire thing an inch or 2 higher...;)
Ignore the blackout....mine's the 26 with the early ports....the prototype 94-101.

Timmy74
February 20th, 2019, 10:56
Had a look at the gun ports yet again.....
Decided some trickery was in order....
Here's a comparison...my version is on the left.....and that's the real animal on the right.
They're pretty close, considering... and you can clearly see the intake difference that exacerbates the issue...;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67541&stc=1

...of course...if I'd done that exactly like this sooner...I might have redone the entire thing an inch or 2 higher...;)
Ignore the blackout....mine's the 26 with the early ports....the prototype 94-101.

See just a little higher... Sorry its me just me being anal! F-86 to CAC Avon Sabre is like apples to pears, when one knows a lot about the locally built one.

I totally agree with supers over MotoGP. At least you can ride your bike around the grounds to get from turn 1 over to Siberia and Lukey Heights with out hassle and walking....

All in all great work on the Avon! Its about time there was one in Flight Sim.

Jafo
February 20th, 2019, 11:37
Off to PI in a few hours....will be doing radio/flag as usual....hopefully it's neither wet nor windy....those flags get heavy when they're wet....

When I get back I plan to go through the pain of raising the ports....and associated notes/details the grand total of 24 pixels higher at 4096 res.... may as well be as close as can be got....;)

Bjoern
February 20th, 2019, 11:58

Ooooooh, that's why you've never converted it. Although it seems a bit odd, seeing how the MV version caters to a totally different audience.

awstub
February 20th, 2019, 14:43
The Milviz Sabre has been out on the market for quite a while now and I doubt a native Avon version of the Section 8 Sabre would have much of an impact on their sales....if any at all.

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
February 20th, 2019, 16:35
Yes, that might all be fine and true, gentlemen, but i have a new ConvairLiner series, a NAF N3N and a DC-3 to finish up on my plate here and that's more than enough to keep me from wandering the streets at midnight looking for trouble. Besides, i'd LOVE to have another go at the venerable Sabre now that we have P3Dv4 to play around with of course but because of the MV F-86 i would not be thinking about the Avon CA-27 in the first place. I would rather go naval with the FJ-2/3 Fury or even the completely different FJ-4 (thinking about it (NOT!) certainly the F-86D/K still springs to mind too)

Jafo, just stick to the interesting and colourful liveries, mate, you'll never make it a CA-27 just by moving around the gun ports. Good job nontheless ! :encouragement:

Cheers,
Jan

Jafo
February 20th, 2019, 17:46
Jafo, just stick to the interesting and colourful liveries, mate, you'll never make it a CA-27 just by moving around the gun ports. Good job nontheless ! :encouragement:

Cheers,
Jan

Yes, we just do what we can with what we've got....;)

I'd love to know why the left side of the tailplane was a reflected right side....then rotated left a curious 181.7 degrees....

Sometimes I think modellers just want to test our attentiveness...;)

Bjoern
February 21st, 2019, 07:18
Sometimes I think modellers just want to test our attentiveness...;)

I think any modeler should also be a painter. It would reduce the amount of models with awful UV mapping by 87.45%.

delta_lima
February 21st, 2019, 16:31
Jan, the Convair looks fantastic - and I'll fly the wings off it when it's done. But a -4 Fury ... now that's the stuff of dreams .... :wiggle:\\

Back to Jafo - Great project! I'll dust off the S8 F-86 just for these repaints.

cheers,

dl

Jafo
February 22nd, 2019, 17:46
Currently on turn 10 right at the supers and enjoying the sun

gastonj
February 22nd, 2019, 23:31
Hi,

I think any modeler should also be a painter. It would reduce the amount of models with awful UV mapping by 87.45%.

No doubt but it is very distinct skills. One refers to a technique that everyone can acquire (modeling 3D), the other is more art and requires some talent.

JMC

Bjoern
February 23rd, 2019, 08:05
Anybody can model, anybody can paint, anybody can code gauges. It's just a matter of focus.

Jafo
February 25th, 2019, 03:13
Hi,

No doubt but it is very distinct skills. One refers to a technique that everyone can acquire (modeling 3D), the other is more art and requires some talent.

JMC
I certainly wouldn't diminish either of the 'trades', both require dedication/commitment.
Once you go down one path or the other...you're stuck....lost in the specifics of the one...at the expense of ever pursuing the other...;)

Jafo
February 25th, 2019, 11:33
Took a bit of work....13 layers to alter...but here's A94-101 with the cannon ports exactly 20 pixels higher. At some time I'll 'do the math' and work out just how far they were moved IRL.

The other paints 'should' be less of a pain....now that the first one is sorted....;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67658&stc=1

gastonj
February 26th, 2019, 02:52
I certainly wouldn't diminish either of the 'trades', both require dedication/commitment.
Once you go down one path or the other...you're stuck....lost in the specifics of the one...at the expense of ever pursuing the other...;)

Hi,

Counting certainly among the worst freeware developers and certainly the least representative of the genre, it was only my humble opinion (lol).

JMC

Jafo
February 26th, 2019, 04:31
A94-901 - first proddy CA-27 now with cannons in the better location....over YMML.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67679&stc=1

Edit.....and VH-SBR aka A94-352 .....getting easier to do...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67680&stc=1

Jafo
February 26th, 2019, 14:58
962 Black Panthers....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67703&stc=1

Might have another go at that darn stripe...as it gets to the top it's like 1 pixel paints 50 so getting it smooth is nigh on impossible...;)

974 ....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67705&stc=1

....and 983.... Black Diamonds.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67706&stc=1

Timmy74
February 27th, 2019, 01:23
Jafo she looks 100% better now with the gun ports raised a wee bit. Well done!

As for "do the math" in relation to how much the guns were moved.....quite a bit and no where near the original 20mm gun ports. You could say close to 90% of the fuselage was changed to accommodate the Avon engine and our requirements for the 2 x 33mm cannons and not the 6 x 20 mm guns. The intake alone was increased to 435 cubic inches for the Avon and thus the intake was lowered 3.73 inches. If you get a chance to get up close to one, pop your head in the intake. You can clearly see the "patch" where the amendment was done.

Not sure if you have it? Stewart Wilson's book "Meteor, Sabre and Mirage In Australian Service" is a fantastic read and a great reference.

Cheers,
Tim.

Jafo
February 27th, 2019, 02:57
Jafo she looks 100% better now with the gun ports raised a wee bit. Well done!

As for "do the math" in relation to how much the guns were moved.....quite a bit and no where near the original 20mm gun ports. You could say close to 90% of the fuselage was changed to accommodate the Avon engine and our requirements for the 2 x 33mm cannons and not the 6 x 20 mm guns. The intake alone was increased to 435 cubic inches for the Avon and thus the intake was lowered 3.73 inches. If you get a chance to get up close to one, pop your head in the intake. You can clearly see the "patch" where the amendment was done.

Not sure if you have it? Stewart Wilson's book "Meteor, Sabre and Mirage In Australian Service" is a fantastic read and a great reference.

Cheers,
Tim.
In my researching I found a photo of a Sabre at Mildura Aerodrome ...at the time my dad was running the Airport....for the DCA as a FSO grade 3. I would have been too young to have noticed. At that time he was also taking air samples for the Govt thanks to Maralinga. Those was the days....;)

Jafo
March 1st, 2019, 04:08
Been experimenting with full paint....to see if it threw up any oddities.....and managed to find the pitot tube on the right wing....as you do...;)
Definitely getting closer to upping the paints I've done....though needless to say I'll need to incorporate the pitot/s ....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67751&stc=1

Jafo
March 2nd, 2019, 19:36
Needless to say...found more quirks....getting camo wrap to align discovered more issues....but I think I got it....
Bit of 'SEA' just for fun....;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67783&stc=1

Jafo
March 3rd, 2019, 05:09
Time to do something about calling them finished...so this'll be the first to upload - presently....currently compiled into DXT5 DDS ....just need to package it and upload...;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67789&stc=1

Timmy74
March 3rd, 2019, 23:07
Excellent work Jafo!

Thank you.

Jafo
March 5th, 2019, 14:02
I've compiled the 6 versions into DXT5 format and am preparing the text files, etc for upload.... so perhaps I can then get on to something else. It's been months of fiddling/tweaking [and moving guns]...;)
Edit....yay...just uploaded the first of 6....

Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation RAAF CA-26 - Avon Sabre c/n 1428. The one-and-only '26, and Prototype '27. First flew on 03/08/1953 piloted by Flt Lt Bill Scott. To ARDU 14/04/1955. Now on display, Point Cook, Victoria.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67844&stc=1

Jafo
March 5th, 2019, 15:02
Second is up, too...

Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation RAAF CA27-1 Mk.30 - Avon Sabre s/n A94-901, 1AD ex CAC 19/08/1954 - at some time converted to Mk.31. To 78 Wing, 18 August 1960. Static display HARS Albion Park, NSW.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67845&stc=1

...and third...
Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation RAAF CA27-92 Mk.32 - Avon Sabre, s/n A94-352. First served with 75 Sqn, Noted as being part of the Black Diamonds Aerobatic Team (75 Sqn), the Black Panthers Aerobatic Team (76 Sqn) and the Red Diamonds Aerobatic Team (76 Sqn). First flight after restoration - 21/09/2013. Currently restored and airworthy - Latrobe Valley Airport, Vic. Registered VH-SBR.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67846&stc=1

Jafo
March 5th, 2019, 15:19
Fourth is up...
Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation RAAF CA27-62 Mk.32 - Avon Sabre s/n A94-962, 1AD ex CAC with Avon no.RR3540 to 78 Wing, 17 May 1957. Now painted as No.76 Sqn. Black Panthers aerobatic display, static display RAAF Amberley Aviation Heritage Centre.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67847&stc=1

...and fifth...
Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation RAAF CA27-74 Mk.32 - Avon Sabre s/n CA 2-74. Served with 79 Sqn at Ubon, Thailand during the period 1962 to 1968. Intended to be restored to flying.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67848&stc=1

...and sixth.
Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation RAAF CA27-83 Mk.32 - Avon Sabre s/n A94-983, [VH-PCM/VH-IPN] formerly FM1983 1AD ex CAC with Avon no.163. Now No.75 Sqn. as Black Diamonds aerobatic display, restored to flying in 1978 [1 of only 2 airworthy 27s in the world] and now at Temora [TAM], NSW, and grounded until a suitable ejection seat is found.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67849&stc=1

T Square
March 6th, 2019, 10:00
I have got a question about the base model it's self. I don't have it installed in FSX, so I downloaded the FS9 base model, then I go to Section F8 site to download the FSX update, this is a dead link. That being said where or which is the best update for FSX or is there a converted FSX model out there somewhere ?

Jafo
March 6th, 2019, 13:01
If you type 'sectionf8' into the search engine here you'll get pretty much everything there is available.
The Aircraft is 'only' a FS2004 model [but a good one], and there are various repaints and updates, none of which will make it a 'native' FSX model, unfortunately.
The paints are all 'simple' extended bitmaps [flat image with 'shine' alpha channel] and no Specular layers so the graphics are about as far as you can go within the limitations.

I've also redone effects such as smoke/flame and cannons and will probably upload those at some stage, but it'd be nice if we could convince the original team to get it 'native'...and/or release the other versions as was mooted way back when. Surely things have changed in the past 10 years..;)

Jafo
March 11th, 2019, 04:16
Needless to say, it's Grandprix time [in Oz] so I'm away from painting planes for a while....going to be on turn 8 [Comms] instead. Wifey is on Start/Finish.
This'll be my 40th consecutive Australian GrandPrix, or 35th International F1, though I have a feeling I'll pack it in by the time I get to 40 Inters....as I'll be pushing 70 then...;)

heywooood
March 11th, 2019, 07:29
Needless to say, it's Grandprix time [in Oz] so I'm away from painting planes for a while....going to be on turn 8 [Comms] instead. Wifey is on Start/Finish.
This'll be my 40th consecutive Australian GrandPrix, or 35th International F1, though I have a feeling I'll pack it in by the time I get to 40 Inters....as I'll be pushing 70 then...;)

THIS is good
https://www.netflix.com/title/80204890

Jafo
March 14th, 2019, 11:36
Sad news....
Charlie Whiting passed away yesterday.
Those who follow F1....he needs no introduction.
Last time I spoke to him he said 'well, that's 30 years....I don't think I'll be doing another 30....".
R.I.P., Charlie.

Aircanuck
March 17th, 2019, 10:50
Jafo,

Have a question for you,

At the present time I have landing lights but no nav lights , any thoughts how one can fix this concern ?

Cheers for now :jump:

Jafo
March 18th, 2019, 17:03
Jafo,

Have a question for you,

At the present time I have landing lights but no nav lights , any thoughts how one can fix this concern ?

Cheers for now :jump:

They appear to be there for me....just ensure you have the relevant effects in the Effects folder.
The default light section is...

light.0= 3, -12.43, 18.7, -0.82, fx_SF86_steadyg
light.1= 3, -25.55, 0.10, 1.81, fx_SF86_steadyw
light.2= 3, -12.43, -18.7, -0.82, fx_SF86_steadyr
light.3= 2, -12.43, 18.7, -0.82, fx_SF86_flashg
light.4= 2, -25.55, 0.10, 1.81, fx_SF86_flashw
light.5= 2, -12.43, -18.7, -0.82, fx_SF86_flashr
light.6= 5, 8.60, -0.55, -2.10, fx_SF86_landing
light.7= 5, 8.60, 0.55, -2.10, fx_SF86_landing

light.8= 6, -19.10, 0.068, -0.02, fx_SF86_TotalXaust_max_Orange // JR 60% N2 flame and smoke
light.9= 8, -18.50, 0.068, -0.02, fx_SF86_TotalXaust_max_Blue_B // JR 77% N2 flame and smoke
light.10=9, -17.90, 0.068, -0.02, fx_SF86_TotalXaust_low_Orange // JR 90% N2 flame and smoke
// alternate
// light.8= 6, -17.90, 0.068, -0.02, fx_SF86_TotalXaust_low_Orange // JR 60% N2 flame and smoke
// light.9= 8, -18.50, 0.068, -0.02, fx_SF86_TotalXaust_max_Orange // JR 77% N2 flame and smoke
// light.10=9, -19.10, 0.068, -0.02, fx_SF86_TotalXaust_max_Blue_B // JR 90% N2 flame and smoke

light.11=1, 0.60, 0.00, 0.00, fx_SF86_Firepower3 // JR gun flashes
light.12=7, -15.0, -18.40, -1.00, fx_SF86_Wingtip8 // JR wing vortices
light.13=7, -15.0, 18.40, -1.00, fx_SF86_Wingtip8 // JR wing vortices
light.14=10, -4.00, -4.70, 0.70, fx_SF86_Wingcloud_2port // JR wing clouds
light.15=10, -4.00, 4.70, 0.70, fx_SF86_Wingcloud_2star // JR wing clouds

light.16= 4, 1.92, -0.07, 1.48, fx_vclight
// light.17= 4, 1.0, 0.5, 1.6, fx_vclight

Mine I am using is...

light.0 = 3, -12.43, 18.70, -0.82, fx_SF86_steadyg
light.1 = 3, -25.55, 0.10, 1.81, fx_SF86_steadyw
light.2 = 3, -12.43, -18.70, -0.82, fx_SF86_steadyr
light.3 = 2, -12.43, 18.70, -0.82, fx_SF86_flashg
light.4 = 2, -25.55, 0.10, 1.81, fx_SF86_flashw
light.5 = 2, -12.43, -18.70, -0.82, fx_SF86_flashr
light.6 = 5, 8.60, -0.55, -2.10, fx_SF86_landing
light.7 = 5, 8.60, 0.55, -2.10, fx_SF86_landing
light.8 = 4, 1.92, -0.07, 1.48, fx_vclight
light.9 =10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect
light.10 = 5, 7.05, -1.95, -0.50, CA-27_Cannon // Cannon effect L key or Trigger
light.11 = 5, 7.05, 1.95, -0.50, CA-27_Cannon // Cannon effect L key or Trigger
light.12 = 7, -15.00, -18.40, -1.00, fx_SF86_Wingtip8 // JR wing vortices
light.13 = 7, -15.00, 18.40, -1.00, fx_SF86_Wingtip8 // JR wing vortices
light.14 =10, -4.00, -4.70, 0.70, fx_SF86_Wingcloud_2port // JR wing clouds
light.15 =10, -4.00, 4.70, 0.70, fx_SF86_Wingcloud_2star // JR wing clouds

[smokesystem]
smoke.1 = -26.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_JAFO_CA-27_Smoke
//------------------------------- Burner....2 stage burner toggle.
smoke.2 = -17.90, 0.00, 0.00, fx_JAFO_St1-small // 20% throttle ring
smoke.3 = -17.90, 0.00, 0.00, fx_JAFO_St2-small // 50% throttle burner

Smoke's used for the burner/smoke effects...;)

Aircanuck
March 18th, 2019, 18:25
My light section seems to be all there, I'm running a different smoke setup ... function is good , not to dark.

Not sure what "relevant effects" I should be looking for in the effects folder ??

Cheers

Jafo
March 18th, 2019, 20:35
My light section seems to be all there, I'm running a different smoke setup ... function is good , not to dark.

Not sure what "relevant effects" I should be looking for in the effects folder ??

Cheers
The relevant effects needed in the fsx/effects folder are the ones listed in the 'light' section of your aircraft.cfg ...ie the ones I show above in the default version...;)

Aircanuck
March 19th, 2019, 18:35
Ok , will scrutinize closer ....

Cheers

Jafo
March 29th, 2019, 16:33
Probably time I do something about uploading my HD Paint Kit ......
....and perhaps also adapt it all to the original US details for the '86.....reverse engineer the reversed engineering....;)

bob407
April 6th, 2019, 11:58
Probably time I do something about uploading my HD Paint Kit ......
....and perhaps also adapt it all to the original US details for the '86.....reverse engineer the reversed engineering....;)

Thank you Jafo for your awesome HD paints. Flying the ole 86 has never been more enjoyable. Looking forward to your paintkit. :applause:

Aircanuck
April 27th, 2019, 10:09
....bump !:mixed-smiley-010:

Jafo
April 27th, 2019, 16:47
I'm currently in the throes of moving house....after 32 years [so there's a lot of junk]...and it's a 220 km round trip about 3 times a week.... so no comp-time at the mo to get the kit sorted....but I'll get there...;)

Aircanuck
April 27th, 2019, 17:21
trust your move is going well !.... careful you don't hurt the ole back !!