PDA

View Full Version : DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

Phantom88
February 15th, 2019, 07:35
"DCS: F-16C Block 50 and Other News
https://imgur.com/sv0vnL0.png
DCS: F-16C Update

As mentioned in our yearly wrap up, one of our biggest projects for this year is the legendary F-16C Fighting Falcon, also called the Viper. In parallel with the Hornet, we already have a sub-team working on the Viper that includes programmers who have completed their Hornet tasks. Much of their focus is currently on the flight model, Flight Control System (FLCS), cockpit and the external model. Using much of what we learned with the Hornet, progress has been good, and is in no way slowing down Hornet completion.

As we pour the concrete, we can start to pass along some of our plans. Please remember they are plans, not timeline promises.

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
M61A1 20mm cannon

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
Link 16 Data Link
AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
AGM-88C HARM
AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
BRU-57/A Smart Rack
CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
AGM-158/A JASSM
Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

Victory103
February 15th, 2019, 10:19
I'll probably barely have the Tomcat landings mastered and then the Viper drops, like my current payware P3D set up, too many modules and not enough time.

StormILM
February 15th, 2019, 10:30
Falcon 5.0? lol!

Flapsfull
February 15th, 2019, 10:49
While it is nice and will doubtlessly please a lot of people, that this airplane gets implemented , I have to say I' m not that happy with the general approach
ED is seemingly taking towards developement of DCS these days.

Its just my personal opinion, but it seems to me that this is becoming more and more a hype-driven simulator with the developement team already in over their head(capacity-wise) with the complexity of the F-18 ,
which will doubtlessly keep large chunks of developement capacities blocked for a long time to come instead of other stuff and now another new complex 4th gen fbw fighter?

Yes I know, transfer of technology from the F-18 and so on, but I don't see it releasing earlier than 2020 , and with release I mean early access.

In meantime, the core sim is left to languish, with long overdue basic items not getting fixed or much needed improvement, e.g. the dedicated MP servers (announced for autumn 2018, same as MAC ) or the
awful AI air combat performance, further degraded by the simplified flight models attached to the AI. Not to speak of optimizations to the graphic engine of the sim.

Well I know, this is probably looking like a major rant, but I think fixing these basic items would really boost the quality of the entire sim much more than adding another single hype driven module.

But, of course it's ED train set and they can do what they like with it and probably need to generate enough revenue along the way too.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Mach3DS
February 15th, 2019, 13:26
I love DCS world. I agree with you about the AI Flight models. Most Modules are fantastic. Every aircraft is basically PMDG/VRS quality. And the flight models for the user flown Aircraft are better than anything I've flown in P3D. apart from VRS Bug or MV F-100D. The Graphics engine is already better than P3Dv4. There's a lot going on with lots of active development. They absolutely need to bring on more developers. They are are suffering in that regard. But Honestly I only ever flew in teh NTTR in P3D, so for me, this is fantastic. Love the Persian Gulf map. I love the native post processing effects like motion blur with head movements. It's so immersive, despite it's imperfections.

I fly online with my squadron mostly so I don't really suffer from the Saturn V AI behavior....but if you flind a group to fly with, you'll find it is a completely different experience. :)

Phantom88
February 15th, 2019, 15:43
Cheers friends,All valid points and opinions,I believe it was little more than a year ago that DCS had a massive overhaul of the game engine,New terrain,Lighting and Explosions to name a few.
The Sim is not perfect,We know that,but really,What other choice do we have?
Is there anything on the market now that covers modern era aerial combat as in depth and high fidelity as DCS does?

The Hornet was released in (EA)Early Access in May of last year,It has gotten almost weekly updates since it's release,I for one would hate to wait another 1 or 2 years till it was fully developed to enjoy it on my PC,I'm very happy with the realistic pace of the aircraft's development.

With The popularity The Falcon has World Wide,As it is flown as a staple in many nations Air forces,It's no wonder DCS put other aircraft (F4 Phantom) on the back burner to develop The Viper.

As has been stated above Much of the same development technology/systems modeling/coding will be transferred from Hornet to Falcon,saving lots of development time.
More $$ Coming into the Sim means more can be invested into upgrading it.
The Viper as The next DCS Aircraft is a WIN,WIN in my opinion.This as someone who desperately was looking forward to a High Fidelity F4 Phantom and is disappointed that it got pushed back,But I do understand the business side of "Falcon First" DCS Decision.

Stickshaker
February 16th, 2019, 01:15
I fully agree, Rick and Patrick! Combat aircraft simmers never had it so good! Life will never be perfect, but I can live with it.

Phantom88
May 13th, 2019, 11:46
***Could be some trouble for DCS***
https://www.standard.net/news/military/russian-jailed-in-weber-county-charged-with-smuggling-f-/article_b7055cb8-d770-5b23-bf66-785104ff5152.html
"OGDEN — A Russian is jailed in Weber County, charged with smuggling F-16 fighter manuals to Moscow and trying to obtain guides for other front-line Air Force jets.Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 19 in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City on charges of conspiring against the United States, smuggling and violating the Arms Export Control Act.
Tishchenko was arraigned and pleaded not guilty March 15.

He was charged in a sealed indictment June 15, 2016, but could not be arrested until this year after he traveled to Georgia and that nation agreed to extradite him. Russia does not have an extradition treaty with the United States."

StormILM
May 13th, 2019, 12:06
I have looked over this case and to be perfectly honest, I think it's pretty thin. The other defendant just had the charges against him dropped and I have a feeling this case is heading in the same direction. Anytime anyone is dealing with these released outdated military documents, the Arms Control Act and many other export controls are still intact so there is risk involved in disseminating them. With all the other world wide sources of F-16 documents (even the classified weapon/sensor portions), it's pretty much a safe bet that potential enemies have long had their hands on such documents.

Phantom88
May 13th, 2019, 13:21
I concur on The Falcon Material,But The F-22,F-35 mentions are a bit more serious.

**edit** Court File***
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oya6o79zz0...1qFbmFmdEPMVK8 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/oya6o79zz0kfv9e/D.Utah_1_16-cr-00034-DAK-BCW_1_0.pdf?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR3nfB2Q2vAgTbtHehaxZT2OGyiJCt07TaEnTEnbT DHfm1qFbmFmdEPMVK8)

StormILM
May 13th, 2019, 22:57
Looking at that indictment, two things occurred to me, one: the older F-16 information is freely available for sale and more or less unrestricted. Anyone could copy it and transfer it online and nobody would be none the wiser. The more current C/D TO's is a bit different. There may be some portions of it that are restricted BUT they are still being released by various aerospace and military entities here in the States. Lastly, the F-22 manuals/TO's are clearly very restricted and how any of that is finding it's way out into public hands is a serious question and problem. The problem is, we have many partners on the F-35 and I don't care how many so called safeguards are being placed on those TO's, somewhere, there are going to be those willing to sell that material to our enemies. Granted, some of that material is deliberately skewed in counter-espionage ops to deliberately pass false intelligence to enemies to find leaks and give enemies bad information. Still, sooner or later, someone will flip and sell the real material.

I dunno, the American defendant's charges were dropped, if this guy cooperates and some agreements are reached, his charges might be dropped as well. We shall see. Matters not, the materials in question are in ED's hands and the F-16C-50 development will continue I'm sure. I can't imagine the judge would enter an agreement of any kind to quash that development and sale of the future F-16 module by DCS here or in the EU. Then again, my experiences is that some federal judges can be total kooks and order mind blowing judgments being harsh or lenient.

Phantom88
May 14th, 2019, 01:59
***DCS SPOKESMAN**STATEMENT***

"Given the seriousness of this situation that Eagle Dynamics got pulled into, we will later issue a formal statement after discussion with legal counsel. Until then, nothing has changed with our future plans, and there is nothing more to say on this matter until we release an official statement."

henrystreet
May 14th, 2019, 06:12
More details. Conjecture all you want.....

https://www.standard.net/news/military/russian-jailed-in-weber-county-charged-with-smuggling-f-/article_b7055cb8-d770-5b23-bf66-785104ff5152.html

Phantom88
May 14th, 2019, 08:38
***STATEMENT***FROM***WAGS***
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3910712&postcount=1"Lausanne, 14 May 2019.

The Eagle Dynamics group, headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, confirms that one of its employees has been jailed in the State of Utah (USA) on charges of seeking to procure, export and sell restricted US fighter jet manuals, in particular the F-16.

Eagle Dynamics confirms that it was not involved in any way in the actions of its employee who acted in a purely private context and for his own personal interests.

The Company develops all of its DCS aircraft game modules exclusively on the basis of publicly available information and has never used nor tried to obtain any classified information.

The Company launched an internal investigation into the actions of its employee, and found nothing in the company's records that relates to the facts that are being held against him. The investigation confirmed in particular that no company resources were used and that no export restricted documents were obtained or stored within the company's systems. Furthermore, the Company confirms that the employee was not involved in any of the work or research pertaining to the development of the Company's upcoming F-16 module.

The development of the F-16 and other modules currently in the pipeline will continue in order to further enhance the simulation experience of DCS World. These events will not affect Eagle Dynamics' commitment to its users and faithful community.

Thank you,
Matt Wagner
Senior Producer, Eagle Dynamics SA"

StormILM
May 14th, 2019, 10:35
All very interesting, maybe this guy had ulterior motives but if what he did is how the Russians are trying to obtain classified information, then they have certainly stooped into the purest amateur class of espionage.

Phantom88
May 16th, 2019, 09:59
****FROM***DCS***FB**PAGE****

https://i.postimg.cc/jd3JGBsv/60505426-10161905288065341-8968113269935964160-n.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

From Wags on DCS Forums
"Quote:

Originally Posted by beppe_goodoldrebel https://forums.eagle.ru/images/styles/attention/buttons_en/viewpost.gif (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3912782#post3912782)
The texture on the left MFD seems like a placeholder but...trust me... i really want to be corrected! https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/lol.gif

Nothing in the image is placeholder. All is operational and in the game. The images was taken on the PG map.

As mentioned earlier, our work on the Hornet has allowed us to much more rapidly develop the Viper. Work began only in October of last year.

More news tomorrow...

StormILM
May 16th, 2019, 10:21
Nice! Needless to say, I'm in!

Phantom88
May 17th, 2019, 01:49
A few more popped up

https://i.postimg.cc/sgYkYBVM/DCS-F-16-C-Cockpit-02.jpg (https://postimg.cc/18z7P3VS)

https://i.postimg.cc/yN7wvVdv/DCS-F-16-C-Cockpit-03.jpg (https://postimg.cc/CR6PKpbq)

Phantom88
May 17th, 2019, 06:38
***NEWS**UPDATE***

Pre-Order DCS: F-16C Viper On 22 May 2019 and Save 20%
The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it next week on 22 May and save 20%. Early access is planned for the beginning of autumn 2019.

The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=210306&stc=1&d=1558075987https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=210305&stc=1&d=1558075987https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=210304&stc=1&d=1558075987

Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio.
Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the Sniper XR targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).

The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!

Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper

Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS).
The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear.
Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like "auto start" are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine.
Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now.
A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM).
Authentic F-16C sounds.
Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G's, you will feel like you are there!
Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others.

Phantom88
May 17th, 2019, 17:39
***PLANNED FEATURES***

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
RWS, SAM, TWS and ACM A/A radar modes
BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
M61A1 20mm cannon

First skin will be the 55th FS at Shaw AFB.

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
Link 16 Data Link
A/G radar modes
AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
AGM-88C HARM
AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
BRU-57/A Smart Rack
CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
AGM-158/A JASSM
Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

Boss86001
May 18th, 2019, 08:53
Was glad to see the F-16 will be available for pre-purchase in the news update! Have wanted a F-16 in DCS for a long time.

Phantom88
May 24th, 2019, 07:23
****PRE-ORDER NOW OPEN****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJrMSNM7X08

Phantom88
June 14th, 2019, 07:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Bcmo3OJJU

CybrSlydr
June 16th, 2019, 04:54
This is what it's going to take to make me buy a HOTAS.

Son of a...

scotth6
June 17th, 2019, 04:29
This is what it's going to take to make me buy a HOTAS.

Son of a...

If you're looking at the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog I can vouch that it is well worth the expense. It is a large initial outlay, but the quality is superb, and the functionality is also excellent. You should not need to buy a new controller for many, many years. It is awesome having a replica of the Warthog's controls when you are flying the Warthog, and I just recently read that the F-16 stick and the Warthog stick are actually the same.

CybrSlydr
June 17th, 2019, 04:51
If you're looking at the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog I can vouch that it is well worth the expense. It is a large initial outlay, but the quality is superb, and the functionality is also excellent. You should not need to buy a new controller for many, many years. It is awesome having a replica of the Warthog's controls when you are flying the Warthog, and I just recently read that the F-16 stick and the Warthog stick are actually the same.

The problem with the Warthog HOTAS (and the Cougar, still a few on eBay - I remember when it first came out, how I drooled over one...) is that I don't have space for rudder pedals and hate those rocker switches on the throttle. I vastly prefer a twist-axis for my rudder inputs (Like my Sidewinder FFB Pro).

I'm looking into the Logitech x56 - but the few reviews I can find say it's build quality isn't nearly good enough. -sigh-

So, honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Phantom88
July 5th, 2019, 05:31
***New Viper Pictures Up***
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70165&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70166&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70167&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70168&stc=1

Phantom88
July 18th, 2019, 12:26
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70370&stc=1

Phantom88
July 26th, 2019, 08:07
***Viper Trailer***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QfANpD0GHY

scotth6
July 27th, 2019, 06:50
Just watched this Viper preview vid on Youtube. Here's the comment I left:

"Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnnn! I was holding off on getting the Viper as I have not spent much time in the Hornet or the Tomcat, or many of the other DCS aircraft I own, or not enough time anyway. You guys are making that REALLY hard. Looks awesome!............5 minutes later........You bastards! Now I've gone and bought it."

Cost me near $100 bucks despite the pre pay discount ($96 AUD). Stoopid exchange rate. Still, I know it will be good.

Mach3DS
July 27th, 2019, 11:36
Nice....I will buy it, but I'm not giving anyone anymore interest free loans. Been burned too many times. I think that feeding the Monster that is "Pre-order" and "early access" is the ROOT CAUSE of the non-sense that goes on with ED over thier modules not every reaching a "feature complete" state. I mean the Hornet is still "Early Access" we still don't have TWS or Ground Radar, or a TGP. I will of course purchase the Viper, but not until it's complete. once I do, I'll have to be peeled out of it! LOL....but I really think they need to do right by their customers and finish the hornet before the release the Viper. My current prediction is that the viper will be released PRIOR to us getting TWS in the hornet. I hope I'm dead wrong. TWS is a main feature of the hornet radar, now that we're 1.5 years down the road from the start of "Early Access" -- I'm
Hoping the Viper Early Access will be much faster.

scotth6
July 27th, 2019, 19:35
That is true in a sense Rick, but at least ED are working fairly constantly on updates and releasing them as they go. I have bought a few pre orders via DCS now, and although I have been generally against the idea in the past, I have never seen or had an issue as far as ED/DCS are concerned. I am always confident I will get what I have paid for, even if it is not 100% feature complete. For me it's not an issue, because it gives me longer to learn all the systems before they release the next ones. I believe I bought the Mirage pre order, and that may have been the first one. Razbam recently announced a whole heap of features they are releasing for the Mirage soon, and if I am honest, I didn't know any of them were missing. Too many modules and not enough time to learn everything about them.

I really need to stop buying modules and start concentrating on what I have. The problem for me is I will jump in one module, ATM the Hornet, and just fly that for the next 6-12 months, so the others just sit idle. It's good to have the choice of so many modules, but it's not good for my pocket :biggrin-new:.

Mach3DS
July 27th, 2019, 21:27
I'm actually a hypocrite, because I pre-ordered the Tomcat and Hornet....after I swore I wouldn't do it again...so I may not be able to stand it with Viper either...but I really wish ED would hurry up and dedicate the needed resources to finishing the TWS. Ground radar....meh....it's almost never used IRL.

Phantom88
July 28th, 2019, 04:05
**From Wags via FB
page**

"Hey everyone, Viper update day!As most of you have probably already discovered, this week we released the first cinematic trailer for the Viper. Cato did a fantastic job as always, and the trailer brings across the just how fun this aircraft will be. Flying the DCS: F-16C Viper is great on a 2D monitor, but it really shines in VR."

rvn817j
July 28th, 2019, 15:08
I'm not saying what I did. Watching the F-22 demo at OSH on Thursday was fantastic...but so was that F-16 video!

StormILM
July 29th, 2019, 17:42
I jumped on Early Access Pre-Order myself today. Been using one form or another of F-16 sim for ages, mainly Falcon 3.0 & 4.0 in the old days. This will certainly be the pinnacle of PC based Flight Sim F-16's for some time to come. It's going to be a blast!

Phantom88
August 23rd, 2019, 07:51
***Viper Update***

"DCS: F-16C Viper Update
As we draw closer to the early autumn 2019 early access release of the Viper, progress has been rapid. You can find a list of our planned early access features here (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241132).

Our viper is already dropping bombs in CCIP and CCRP modes and strafing targets, and the navigation systems, flight model, and art is quite far along. The current focus is on rockets, air-to-air weapons and radar, the landing gear and underside of the aircraft, and tuning the flight model.

Next week we will start regular instruction videos. The first will be a cockpit orientation, and following that will be taxi and takeoff, waypoint navigation, VFR landings, and then unguided bomb attack."

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70948&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70949&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70950&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70951&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70952&stc=1

Phantom88
August 30th, 2019, 06:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ojj_IRQ-aLE

Mach3DS
August 30th, 2019, 07:47
Integrated VOIP Radio Comms!!!!

Phantom88
September 7th, 2019, 08:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4jp6e3LQS4&feature=share

Phantom88
September 9th, 2019, 02:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcmoJmihBaI

Phantom88
September 10th, 2019, 02:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yol9KRITtf4

Phantom88
September 11th, 2019, 02:46
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71385&stc=1

​Cockpit at Night WIP

Phantom88
September 13th, 2019, 05:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5LP-etCLA

rvn817j
September 14th, 2019, 09:34
This aircraft looks awfully good. Will we see an Alpha (or is it Beta) release soon? Anything that gets it in to my hands....I'm READY (not that I don't already have too many planes on which I'm not fully checked out)! Come on, give it to me.

Mach3DS
September 14th, 2019, 10:24
Yes, my personal guess is about 3 weeks until it enters Early Access. The official statement is that it will enter EA in "Early Autumn". But with all the video activity, it seems that this might be ready almost for the very start of Autumn. I personally have been thinking they've been delaying it since the TWS is not complete on the Hornet yet, and they SWORE UP AND DOWN, that the TWS would be complete prior to Viper EA. So if you want to save $16 you can buy it now in Pre-order. It's so close that it doesn't really mater anymore. Autumn is one week away.

Odie
September 14th, 2019, 13:13

What is a good ballpark price for the TM Warthhog HOTAS?

rvn817j
September 14th, 2019, 16:25
What is a good ballpark price for the TM Warthhog HOTAS?

I just checked and was surprised to see that Amazon and Newegg are both about $450. I purchased mine form Newegg 8 months ago and stick / throttle were a little north of $350.

I will also now admit I did EA on the F-16!

scotth6
September 14th, 2019, 19:09
I just checked my emails and I was surprised to see I paid $490 AUD for my HOTAS Warthog (plus $25 delivery) back in 2015. Just doing a search now shows the Australian prices anywhere between $600 and $950 AUD! It's one of those items you need to hunt around for as the prices are spread over a wide range and occassionally you will see them discounted a bit. I saw one in Australia a few weeks ago going for about $550 AUD but I can't recall the website now. I remember they had a deal on the TrackIR.

rvn817j
September 15th, 2019, 03:26
Having thought about it, the price in the U.S. might be currently impacted by the trade dispute with China. (My wife and I were also seeing some increased pricing on Amazon.) Maybe it's time to wait on hardware purchases until the matter is resolved.

P.S. Checked my HOTAS Order 12/2018 at $375. Something has surely impacted U.S. pricing.

Phantom88
September 15th, 2019, 04:58
This aircraft looks awfully good. Will we see an Alpha (or is it Beta) release soon? Anything that gets it in to my hands....I'm READY (not that I don't already have too many planes on which I'm not fully checked out)! Come on, give it to me.

If I remember correctly,Wags stated it will be "Very Soon" and actually the "Cold/Dark" start up video would be his last before The Viper goes EA "Early Access" so you know when that's released we're going to be "Very Close"

scotth6
September 15th, 2019, 05:47
Good news! Although, I just jumped in the F-14 today, for only the third time, and I really need to do some serious flying in that jet. Lots to do in the Hornet still too. I NEED to start using DCS more.

Phantom88
September 19th, 2019, 11:36
***mini update***

"Hey everyone, a little Viper update is in order as we approach early Autumn 2019.

First, we still plan to release the Viper into early access sometime in early Autumn 2019. We don’t have a specific day because several items are in flux, and any one of them could change any announced date. While we posted 25 September on Steam (a day is required to list a product on Steam), that is only a best estimate and not in stone. Once we have a firm date, we will announce it. This is not something we are purposely withholding.

The big areas we are working on to get the Viper before we release it:

Finalizing CCIP and CCRP bombing modes.
Tuning the flight model and braking system. Much of this involves drag values.
RWS and ACM air-to-air radar modes.
Air-to-air gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120.
CMDS.
HMCS.
Cold start procedures.
Tuning the NVIS cockpit lighting.
External model, in particularly the landing gear and aircraft underside. Even at early access release, the skin will still be preliminary.
We are also working hard on the Litening targeting pod with LGBs, but we can’t promise this will be ready in time for the early access release, but it’s something already well underway.

Thanks,
Wags

StormILM
September 19th, 2019, 17:14
When it's ready, then it's done! Having helped develop models for years now and seeing how things go (especially the last minute bugs that seem to be a never ending headache), I understand well the process. It will be worth the wait. This will bring back the good ole days of Falcon 3.0 & 4.0 but much better. BTW, does anyone remember using Spectrum Holobyte Falcon 3.0 and the scrolling "Elvis Lives" sign off the end of the Nellis runways? lol! It would be so funny if someone recreated that as a Map Mod Object just for old times.

Phantom88
September 20th, 2019, 15:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYGdLYat8Ug

Phantom88
September 22nd, 2019, 04:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XlMvkhHo4

Phantom88
September 25th, 2019, 15:47
***Viper**Update***

from Nineline........

"Dear Pilots,
We are so sorry for the confusion on the Steam release date, we thought we got the word out to everyone, but the internet is a big place. The team is currently putting in extra hours to button up the remaining issues to get you all in your pre-ordered Vipers in the next Open Beta."
:jump::jump::jump:

scotth6
September 26th, 2019, 01:03
Woohoo! That sounds promising. TBH I had no idea it was that close. Been too busy in the Hornet anyway :untroubled:

Phantom88
September 26th, 2019, 13:08
***Wags Update ***
”DCS: F-16C Viper Update

Things are moving at a very rapid pace, and here is where our focus is for the upcoming release:

1- We have RWS and STT working, but work continues the SAM sub-mode and we are cleaning up symbology and functions. We are working on Track While Scan (TWS) mode in parallel with the Hornet, so this will come shortly after release.

2- AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120 are up and running, but several items to still tune and add. Mostly the Dynamic Launch Zones (DLZ) and a few more minor items.

3- The Litening targeting pod is in and working, even for LGB self-designation. There are several items to still fix and add. Related, the DED laser page for the pod is now working. Please note that the LGB bomb laser code cannot be set in the aircraft.

4- ILS is in, but we still need to set up the needles. It’s close and I’ll create a video for it soon.

5- Tomorrow we should have the underside of the aircraft done with completed textures. With that, Cato will create the launch trailer.

6- The cockpit is more fleshed out with the Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) sensor post, some improved seat textures, a better effect for the LCD displays, and we removed the safety pin from the manual chute handle.

7- The Early Access Guide is shaping up well and will be available at release. Bunyap has done a great job with it.

8- Several interactive training missions will be available at release.

9- ACM radar modes are in, but we just need to update the HUD.

10- Dogfight switch is underway now and associated after and forward (MRM) functions.

12- We plan to have an initial IFF system but have not settled on the exact mechanization.

13- Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) is working in NAV mode.

14- Cockpit night lighting has been further improved with gauge lighting. We want to tune the flood lights a bit more though.

15- The centerline fuel tank will be ready this week.

16- Initial CMDS and RWR is functional. Four programs for chaff and flares and the RWR will be set up for the ALR-56M.

17- Cold start is working now, but we are adjusting some of the electrical panel sub-systems so the act correctly during cold start. Some of the instrument values are a bit off too, and we are working to adjust them.

18- Flight path marker (FPM) drift cut off was added.

Next week we will announce the release date. Once released though (soon), the 20% discount will end, and it will probably be over a year until we put the Viper in a sale.

Thanks for your support!

- Wags”

Phantom88
September 30th, 2019, 13:42
****Update****

Hey everyone,
To get you prepared for the release of our F-16C sometime in early autumn 2019, we are making available an early, work-in-progress draft of it’s Early Access Guide. This is being prepared by “Bunyap” and he’s doing a wonderful job (he is also creating the interactive training missions)!
As we push to release, he will be further updating it and continue to update it during the development of our Viper. Please note that if you don’t see an item in the guide that you expect at release, it mostly likely because the item is still in work and too early to write it up for the guide.
You can find it here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/viper_early_access_guide_en/
2 (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/viper_early_access_guide_en/)
We hope you enjoy it!
Thanks,

Wags

Phantom88
September 30th, 2019, 14:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfJMeWabggY

Phantom88
September 30th, 2019, 18:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0wwyEZiOvU&feature=share

scotth6
October 1st, 2019, 06:29
Thanks Patrick! Sound's like she's getting close :jump:. In the meantime, I have jumped out of the Hornet and back in to the Warthog over the past week or so, and doing some DLC campaigns I had never got around to. I am using a Rift S now, and boy does that make a difference with the MFDs.

Phantom88
October 1st, 2019, 10:56
****Release Date Announced****

"Dear Pilots!We are pleased to announce that DCS: F-16C Viper will be released on our e-Shop and Steam on 03 October 2019! Please note that the pre-order discount from our e-Shop will end then.
DCS World e-Shop:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/viper/
Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1090850/DCS_F16C_Viper/
We have also been reaching out to Steam through multiple channels to extend the pre-order period, but we have been unsuccessful. We will keep trying.
We are very excited to make this work of art available to you, and we thank you for your encouragement and support. We could not do this without you.

Sincerely,The Eagle Dynamics Team

StormILM
October 1st, 2019, 11:10
Just saw the news over on the Facebook page. Great news and looking forward to flying her and flying a Viper once again!

Phantom88
October 1st, 2019, 11:40
Just saw the news over on the Facebook page. Great news and looking forward to flying her and flying a Viper once again!

Haha!! Yea....It's been over 10 yrs since I flew Falcon 4.0.....Somehow I don't think my Viper landings will be as forgiving than what I get away with in The Hornet:mixed-smiley-010:

Mach3DS
October 1st, 2019, 11:57
You'll have to flair a little. The Hornet gear is trailing link type, so it absorbs a lot of energy and reduces the bounce from a hard impact. Perfect for carrier landings. Viper, not so much. :) Plus the viper will be more narrow track than Hornet. Can't wait!

Phantom88
October 1st, 2019, 13:20
You'll have to flair a little. The Hornet gear is trailing link type, so it absorbs a lot of energy and reduces the bounce from a hard impact. Perfect for carrier landings. Viper, not so much. :) Plus the viper will be more narrow track than Hornet. Can't wait!

Haha....yea...It Will be quite a change!!!

I remember being at EAA Oshkosh in 2011 and saw this poor guy land a little long...I felt really bad for him,knowing his Military Career was probably in jeopardy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nY4Pt3RivM

Phantom88
October 1st, 2019, 15:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre2aUWa-vM

Victory103
October 1st, 2019, 18:15
I was holding off, but as a fan of the Viper the deed had to be done. After all this time on the still WIP Hornet and then my Cat, it will be fun to remember how to flare during landing again. Not sure if I should fire up F-BMS for one last go!

I've read the AL ANG accident report, not good when pilot error is involved.

Phantom88
October 2nd, 2019, 09:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0myUrpI3u4Q&feature=youtu.be

Phantom88
October 2nd, 2019, 12:59
From FB…
" It often does not get a lot of love in flight simulations, but looking aft, behind the seat is an important graphical element to get right. We recently completed modeling of the rear portion of the cockpit.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/72212995_10162518438245341_3178426762845487104_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkUXi4dRXPU_MgQgB6xf2vy6ZZ2B499r-wDSE1HVi3eVcMR7GVMIS9Cjw42vsgyeeRpzxOfoLs9jWTXTckH vJVl&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=1d88e692dc60fb913a0a9318a86a039d&oe=5E37D23D
(https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/photos/pcb.10162518438980341/10162518438225341/?type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARBgyQ2HcNmeB27hf29l4yY-T8wWBRmplruKciwFIqlzE-fGzM9sJoGJwLLC_aLRxnISn1-rt3N6o5Wk&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAg4p_x5gKmY2qAk3vkyc0hxvF_Z_tP OmKTPi9kFitu1EfI2jhYwi2-0f8ePG6AYxsdPw7G4jREBIKsQkHNwDt5si9-GwHCnUlsiyERFvaigFd5Q2LfJ5iyVA4jbpjYOuIv7SvIR1x-6c-Y-jwGU5sgHVU0AamPNYxcgs1sPZNK87S7Dkny_rGHIwbNqcfwsVh lPte7L9voz9iO9nhGKPkxPAJsRn_ae_rqF8dqInBOF61PtyhHC DbDUZ5-_tqb_1wvx1mA2Ubojrjfwpxla4X-riUJbrHuqOYHieR_lCROiMkgaP0XePQGD0DC59BUjL5RyKyt0L T83TIJq5zP)
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/71704584_10162518438230341_8408067070889033728_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmWdbkLZoT3SFSHDgZeFeaZgNEdlMoNyCCPKX47IBw FKlpmqGm5K4ydP_1Hf1VtBA4QvJLv6DZr1bPo6ZHKkBYS&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=e3386fc9af58696c5a36e3195a5395e0&oe=5E340183
(https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/photos/pcb.10162518438980341/10162518438220341/?type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARA0hBTKDKkz47fBTcxvGfsWeYH6IImaMpwzzamgsyKXSI pe9kxAiTyVi-FPPw0FxDO2AcX8xEcZw60q&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAg4p_x5gKmY2qAk3vkyc0hxvF_Z_tP OmKTPi9kFitu1EfI2jhYwi2-0f8ePG6AYxsdPw7G4jREBIKsQkHNwDt5si9-GwHCnUlsiyERFvaigFd5Q2LfJ5iyVA4jbpjYOuIv7SvIR1x-6c-Y-jwGU5sgHVU0AamPNYxcgs1sPZNK87S7Dkny_rGHIwbNqcfwsVh lPte7L9voz9iO9nhGKPkxPAJsRn_ae_rqF8dqInBOF61PtyhHC DbDUZ5-_tqb_1wvx1mA2Ubojrjfwpxla4X-riUJbrHuqOYHieR_lCROiMkgaP0XePQGD0DC59BUjL5RyKyt0L T83TIJq5zP)

(https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/photos/pcb.10162518438980341/10162518438220341/?type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARA0hBTKDKkz47fBTcxvGfsWeYH6IImaMpwzzamgsyKXSI pe9kxAiTyVi-FPPw0FxDO2AcX8xEcZw60q&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAg4p_x5gKmY2qAk3vkyc0hxvF_Z_tP OmKTPi9kFitu1EfI2jhYwi2-0f8ePG6AYxsdPw7G4jREBIKsQkHNwDt5si9-GwHCnUlsiyERFvaigFd5Q2LfJ5iyVA4jbpjYOuIv7SvIR1x-6c-Y-jwGU5sgHVU0AamPNYxcgs1sPZNK87S7Dkny_rGHIwbNqcfwsVh lPte7L9voz9iO9nhGKPkxPAJsRn_ae_rqF8dqInBOF61PtyhHC DbDUZ5-_tqb_1wvx1mA2Ubojrjfwpxla4X-riUJbrHuqOYHieR_lCROiMkgaP0XePQGD0DC59BUjL5RyKyt0L T83TIJq5zP)

Phantom88
October 2nd, 2019, 14:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpPY7HJ3sKo

Phantom88
October 2nd, 2019, 15:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eJ7yuAuhBw

Phantom88
October 2nd, 2019, 15:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZsi7CTpys

strykerpsg
October 2nd, 2019, 19:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZsi7CTpys

If that video doesn't get your blood moving, you're probably dead.....

Great video! Already pre-ordered and awaiting time to try her out.

Phantom88
October 3rd, 2019, 02:14
If that video doesn't get your blood moving, you're probably dead.....

Great video! Already pre-ordered and awaiting time to try her out.
Haha!!! I know what you're saying:jump: This one actually really moved me.....Brought back great memories of Jane's USAF intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QfANpD0GHY

Phantom88
October 3rd, 2019, 02:16
Jane's USAF intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBZ5c8Tcgo

***Incoming***

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71736&stc=1

StormILM
October 3rd, 2019, 11:01
Haha!! Yea....It's been over 10 yrs since I flew Falcon 4.0.....Somehow I don't think my Viper landings will be as forgiving than what I get away with in The Hornet:mixed-smiley-010:

Just finished my first flight in it. Regarding the approach and landings, it's a piece of cake! Easily the most forgiving aircraft on approach and landing I have flown in DCS. When you're established on final and in the proper AoA and speed range, it doesn't take much throttle adjustment to keep it where it needs to be and only a tiny amount of flare. I greased it on my first landing and all others. It tracks straight as an arrow on the ground at varying speeds. It's is also the easiest to taxi of any model I have installed. As for my first impressions, it is very nice even in this early access level and you can tell it is in this early stage just like we did with the Hornet. Some points I will make regarding the flight model. It is very solid and crisp in handling but it contrasts with the Hornet a good bit which likely translates to the documented differences between the handling in the actual aircraft. I know guys who flew each aircraft and in once case, one of those pilots were qualified in both and I heard about the handling differences. Just like the Hornet's initial release, I take note that there is some slight areas of the flight dynamics that will get tuned over time. I did find out one thing, it appears the flight dynamics are pretty well tuned to mirror (as much as possible) the automatic trim and damping. I usually set all my modules flight control fine tuning curves to +25 and the dead zone to 5%. With this module, I set the curve to flat (default) and the dead zone to 0 except the rudder which I always leave that curve as default and the dead zone to 5%. I have yet to tweak other controls. Otherwise, she's a beauty and over the rest of the development I am certain we're going to have a lot of fun just as we have with the Hornet.

Victory103
October 3rd, 2019, 13:00
Agree about landings, 1st flight in the books and I almost forgot it's still EA/WIP as it looks complete until you start going deep into the DED menus. Read about the AB detent on/off and still never got 100% throttle, nor did the Tacan seem to be working.

Dimus
October 4th, 2019, 09:14
It seems that the F-16 is only available in the open beta version. I had stuck with the stable one so far but this is definitely a reason to update.

Phantom88
October 4th, 2019, 12:00
It seems that the F-16 is only available in the open beta version. I had stuck with the stable one so far but this is definitely a reason to update.

Hello Dimus,This is a fantastic Utility that let's you switch between DCS Open Beta and Stable with ease.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Dimus
October 4th, 2019, 12:25
Thanks! That indeed looks very handy.

rvn817j
October 5th, 2019, 05:12
Hello Dimus,This is a fantastic Utility that let's you switch between DCS Open Beta and Stable with ease.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Phantom / All - That is an interesting looking utility and the first utility / add-on (other than the user supported A-4) I've seen for DCS. I'm going to start a thread about "free" / user supported add-ons and utilities for DCS. The other thing I have problems with is simply doing things in DCS that are "already knowns" in P3D / FSX like simply changing munitions, etc., etc. I'm kind of a dope when it comes to that. Is that an easy thing to accomplish?

Phantom88
October 5th, 2019, 08:04
Excellent Idea Jay...and long overdo :applause:

Mach3DS
October 5th, 2019, 10:00
rvn817j,

LALT+'

This brings up the armament menu for fueling and arming or rearming with munitions. It can only be done on the ground with WoW. For some FC3 aircraft like the Eagle, your engines must be off and the Battery off as well. This is the same key command for every module. Not just Viper. This is also the place you can change your aircraft paint scheme from the drop down as long as the paint is part of the country you set the aircraft to in the mission editor matches the countries listed in the paints' description.lua file.

Dimus
October 6th, 2019, 22:59
This must be the easiest jet to fly and land on any sim. Feels like on rails on approach. I wonder if the real one is like that.

StormILM
October 6th, 2019, 23:26
This must be the easiest jet to fly and land on any sim. Feels like on rails on approach. I wonder if the real one is like that.

Yes, even the YF-16's were super stable. Original YF-16/F-16A Test pilots Phil Oestricher and Neil Anderson noted how they could set the aircraft in a given direction and the auto-trim kept it right where they wanted while other aircraft tended to meander off one direction or another. One of the two long time F-16 pilots I know told me that any competent pilot could fly an F-16 in terms of standard rate turns, climbs descents, takeoffs and landings with minimal training. Of course the High G envelope, that's another story.

scotth6
October 7th, 2019, 02:36

Not that it was difficult or uncontrollable for me, but I did notice my first (and only so far) final approach was a bit wonky. I had my wings rocking a bit, but I may have been too slow. It felt like it was losing control like a plane does as it approaches stall. That being said I landed it no problem and my first flight was just fun. I tried to get it over mach 2, but no chance with the loadout in the taxi and takeoff training mission. I was doing mach 1 about 50 feet off the deck though - that was fun.

Did anyone notice any performance issues with the F-16? Doing the taxi and takeoff mission, in VR like usual, I just noticed some slight stuttering when looking left or right. Mind you I was doing mach 1+ close to the ground, but I haven't really noticed that stuttering for a long time, especially since I got my new system (i9-9900k, RTX 2080Ti). I did notice there were a lot of AI aircraft flying around in that training mission though, so maybe something wasn't optimized.

The modelling of the F-16 is amazing though. I actually spent about 5 minutes just looking at the seat cover and chuckling to myself :biggrin-new:. Seriously, if you haven't yet, check out the seat cover. Even tiny little tufts of fur/wool are sticking out on the edges and there are some specks of dirt ( or dandruff?) and a stray hair, it is just amazing modelling and texturing.

Mach3DS
October 7th, 2019, 14:02
Currently Fuel Flow and power output need to be improved. They are currently inaccurate. Fuel Flow needs to be increased by about ~60% currently I can only achieve ~24K PPH, and the GE 129 should be in the almost 60K PPH range. According to a Viper driver friend of mine. At SL of course.

StormILM
October 7th, 2019, 22:38
Another area that needs to be tweaked in the flight model is the ability to sustain G's within or below the corner velocity tables. At present, the clean version will not sustain at or near Max G holding the speeds where it should for that G level. I am guessing the drag tables at higher AoA are off a bit but the lift/G vector may be as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goluWOE3q74

That being noted, something else that has needed adjustment in DCS for some time is the G strain/blackout threshold. It's simply set too low in general and especially for the aircraft where both the Anti-G Suit and G Strain averages would give the pilot more than enough ability to stay above the G curve during such a turn.

scotth6
October 7th, 2019, 23:57
Currently Fuel Flow and power output need to be improved. They are currently inaccurate. Fuel Flow needs to be increased by about ~60% currently I can only achieve ~24K PPH, and the GE 129 should be in the almost 60K PPH range. According to a Viper driver friend of mine. At SL of course.

Victory103 said above that he couldn't achieve 100% throttle, so that may be why max. fuel flow can't be achieved.

Another thing I noticed in my first run around was that the onspeed AoA indicator seemed to be lit up the whole flight despite gear and flaps (supposedly) being up. That should only be active in landing configuration shouldn't it?

Naruto-kun
October 8th, 2019, 00:11
Something interesting to note is that while the F-16 can achieve higher turn rates than the F-15, they are almost a match and in some realms the F-15 is superior when it comes to sustaining turn rate.

Mach3DS
October 8th, 2019, 07:31
Scott I can achieve 100% and more RPM. That isn't an issue for me. Sounds like he's got a joystick issue.

A blk 50 F-16C with F110-GE-129 engine and above 400 kits can accelerate under 9g radial. EDIT: Below 10K feet and over 440.

Victory103
October 8th, 2019, 08:51
I'm still checking bindings, but my TM Hawg works fine in all other modules so probably some tweaking on my end. I flew it day 1, left for a trip and come back to all the issues now that the EA masses have had a chance to wring the Viper out. I see repaints already coming in.

Phantom88
October 11th, 2019, 05:57
***Big Update for Viper*** In Open Beta Today***

DCS: F-16C Viper

Master Caution should be clearable as expected
RWR and other sounds now properly installed for Viper (sounds still placeholders)
Adjusted HUD visibility over cockpit geometry.
Engine control switch animation through guard is fixed .
Fixed unlimited weapon rearming.
EHSI font corrected, NO DATA page added.
CARA indication for high altitude fixed.
Oxygen emergency lever clickability and input fixed.
Oxygen flow indicator fixed.
Audio for radio communications identifying players aircraft fixed.
External sound update.
Loop in DED TILS ILS freq fixed.
AOA indexer lights logic fixed.
AOA bracket will appear on HUD after lowering nose landing gear, fixed.
Changed PROBE HEAT to spring loaded TEST.
Added RU localization for Viper startup.
IFF HUD data overlapped / fuzzy - fixed.
Inconsistent response from ground crew with canopy closed - fixed.
AAR with cold start fixed.
Cockpit. Lighting textures tuned. Console panels textures updated (text readability improved).
CCIP line will point in TVV sign center point.
Default frequency on UHF backup panel fixed.
Speedbrake sound dynamics update.
UHF backup panel: status function fixed.
Radio frequencies increments fixed.
Flashlight fixed.
Fixed switching between CCRP-CCIP if you use last bomb with CCRP.
Waypoints on FCR and HSI misaligned - fixed.
ILS CMD STRG disables if ILS power removed, fixed.
Added damage of some elements WIP.

StormILM
October 11th, 2019, 11:28
One note: after the update, if you created a mission with the wing pylons removed (clean airshow or aggressor config), you will see missile launch rails floating suspended below where the pylons were. Hopefully they will get that fixed soon.

Phantom88
October 13th, 2019, 14:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlM2Pq7e7W0

Phantom88
October 14th, 2019, 12:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04r7eTb0fZ4

Dondy
October 17th, 2019, 12:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUGHRW2u1u0

Phantom88
October 17th, 2019, 15:13
One of the big focus items for the Viper is the air-to-air radar with immediate focus on:
1- Track While Scan (TWS) mode
2- Contact refresh rate in SAM
3- Dual Track Target mode for SAM
Items like TWS and SAM/LTWS refresh will then help bring new functions to the Hornet radar.
https://uploads.mudspike.com/optimized/3X/0/e/0e0a1ef7c75c579eae91f4b54c79513da627f428_2_690x388 .jpeg
1920×1080 242 KB

(https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/0/e/0e0a1ef7c75c579eae91f4b54c79513da627f428.jpeg)

https://uploads.mudspike.com/optimized/3X/a/b/ab6f136ceba86767ad0edee31ee3215fc23a1a7b_2_690x388 .jpeg
1920×1080 210 KB
(https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/a/b/ab6f136ceba86767ad0edee31ee3215fc23a1a7b.jpeg)

StormILM
October 17th, 2019, 16:23
Sure hope they get the floating missile rail/ghosting pylon issue fixed on the next update.

Phantom88
October 28th, 2019, 13:39
"Mover" gives his thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtAVvQ6mPDA&t=50s

Victory103
October 28th, 2019, 14:56
Glad he confirmed the power issue and I like his "how it's done in the real jet..." comments. Looking forward to part 2.

Mach3DS
October 28th, 2019, 15:45
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/433139197294018570/636424654277312515/Screen_191022_183935.png

StormILM
November 16th, 2019, 17:18
F-16 Effects question that I am wondering about. I had taken note before the model was released that there was screen shots of the vapor/condensation affect of the top of the fuselage and wings that were spot on in looking like the actual vapor when a real F-16 is maneuver in high G. Specifically the typical curved/claw Outside Caliper look. I had not seen this effect on this F-16 model over the course of time I have had it until today when I set up a flight mission. I normally set my missions C&D and taxi out and takeoff but today I mistakenly skipped that step and that is when I first saw these effects but when reverting back to starting the mission on the ground, the effect is then missing except for the light vapor effect over the wings. Any one have any idea why this is occurring? Pardon me asking here, I usually don't get much of a response on ED forums about these kind of questions.

scotth6
November 16th, 2019, 20:20
I'm not sure Storm, but I did see this pic the other day. It's the title pic for CW Lemoines second Viper video. Looks like there's some sort of condensation occurring, and it looks to me like a real life image next to a DCS World screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/TfG6SqK.jpg

Phantom88
November 17th, 2019, 09:01
F-16 Effects question that I am wondering about. I had taken note before the model was released that there was screen shots of the vapor/condensation affect of the top of the fuselage and wings that were spot on in looking like the actual vapor when a real F-16 is maneuver in high G. Specifically the typical curved/claw Outside Caliper look. I had not seen this effect on this F-16 model over the course of time I have had it until today when I set up a flight mission. I normally set my missions C&D and taxi out and takeoff but today I mistakenly skipped that step and that is when I first saw these effects but when reverting back to starting the mission on the ground, the effect is then missing except for the light vapor effect over the wings. Any one have any idea why this is occurring? Pardon me asking here, I usually don't get much of a response on ED forums about these kind of questions.

Hello Storm,Could it be something you might not have checked of in The F-16 Module Settings ?? I believe The Vapor effect is still in the latest DCS Open Beta,but I'll ck tomorrow and make sure.

StormILM
November 17th, 2019, 16:47
Hello Storm,Could it be something you might not have checked of in The F-16 Module Settings ?? I believe The Vapor effect is still in the latest DCS Open Beta,but I'll ck tomorrow and make sure.

To be honest, I am not sure. I will open the sim and do some checking and testing to see what I can turn up and report back.

Phantom88
November 19th, 2019, 02:07
Hey Storm,I did ck....It does seem to be working in latest Open Beta,Although maybe not as "Pronounced" as in the past Beta's?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72448&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72449&stc=1

centuryseries
November 19th, 2019, 08:32
There was a bug in open beta with the over the wing vapour streak where for some reason in some circumstance only one side would show up. Just got to remember it's very much in development still.

StormILM
November 19th, 2019, 10:03
I went back and checked, there's not module specific G-Vapor setting that I could find. I also reverted that mission back to the airborne turning point and there, the full vapor effect appeared when under high G loading. My guess is that there is some specific coding trigger which controls these effects that differentiates from the ground-takeoff/landing portion of the flight from the airborne portion and there may be a bug that is causing issues with the triggering of parts of the effects. Here is what I get when starting the missing in flight:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72459&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72460&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72461&stc=1

Mach3DS
November 19th, 2019, 16:18
The wing vapor depends upon humidity, G, AoA, and is model specific for how it actually looks. But it is physics driven from my understanding. It's not a canned effect that increases with only G. AFAIK.

StormILM
November 20th, 2019, 12:01
From my testing, the wing and caliper type vapor are separate effects with different triggers but nevertheless, I have the same conditions set and the caliper vapor will not show if I start the flight off the runway or ramp. No matte where I start the flight in the air, the effect fully triggers on high G pull once the AoA and G hits a certain point.

Mach3DS
November 20th, 2019, 13:09
From my testing, the wing and caliper type vapor are separate effects with different triggers but nevertheless, I have the same conditions set and the caliper vapor will not show if I start the flight off the runway or ramp. No matte where I start the flight in the air, the effect fully triggers on high G pull once the AoA and G hits a certain point.

I think that is a known bug, which was supposed to have been fixed. Are you using open beta or Stable? Interesting testing then.....from what I read about the hornet, it was supposed to be based on level of humitidy + the other factors. I wonder if that is a broad definition for the trigger. like, as in if it's >= X or <= Y.

StormILM
November 20th, 2019, 14:55
I think that is a known bug, which was supposed to have been fixed. Are you using open beta or Stable? Interesting testing then.....from what I read about the hornet, it was supposed to be based on level of humitidy + the other factors. I wonder if that is a broad definition for the trigger. like, as in if it's >= X or <= Y.

I have he F-16 on both Beta and Stable, just the mission parameters in question are on the Beta side.

Phantom88
November 24th, 2019, 06:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4tlq2xa6o

Phantom88
November 25th, 2019, 01:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2uXtaa9z-U&amp;t=0s

Phantom88
November 25th, 2019, 10:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUWJ4lZ0NgQ&amp;feature=emb_logo

Phantom88
November 26th, 2019, 11:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNvNb9KEGEU

Phantom88
November 26th, 2019, 14:42
https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/d/f/df63446da2c7b15820fbcff17af3864d8da41363.jpeg (https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/d/f/df63446da2c7b15820fbcff17af3864d8da41363.jpeg)

Phantom88
December 12th, 2019, 10:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGS4ml7axVk

Phantom88
January 7th, 2020, 11:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgxYrAvMY2M

Phantom88
January 27th, 2020, 13:29
***mini update***

Hey everyone,

With the holidays behind us, the team is back at work on the Viper. Here is a list of the tasks the team is currently working on. Although the following are being worked on, we cannot promise that all will be ready for the next Open Beta:

The radar directed gun sight is working great internally based on EEGS Level 5 sighting. It is very stable and practically a sniper weapon. Starting tomorrow, the team will be creating the dogfight HUD (Attitude Awareness in DGFT).
The afterburner effect has been greatly improved. Quite a blow torch now!
Fuel flows have been tuned to be more accurate based on available data.
Turn performance further adjusted regarding over Mach 1 below 8,000 ft MSL.
Wind is better accounted for in the flight model and displayed air speeds.
Several updates to the INS and alignment system.
Corrected PPLI display in network play.
Updates to the AIM-120 that include launch delay and HUD cue centering in the TD box.
Added ILS declutter function.
Adjusted the command steering cue localizer to be less sensitive.
Corrected AA TCN error.
Added further functions to the Link 16 system.
Added cursor switch depress to switch between AIM-9 BORE and SLAVE modes.

There are many more, and these will be listed in the change log for the next Open Beta. Once we have the new dogfight HUD working, I’ll be creating a new video that explains it, and displays the accuracy and ease of use of EEGS Level 5.

After the next update is completed, we’ll discuss the next set of new features and changes planned for the Viper.

Thanks,
Wags

Phantom88
February 6th, 2020, 01:57
***mini update***
"Hey everyone,

Probably the most wanted new feature of the Viper is the radar-directed gunsight. After all, there is not much more fun than BFM in a Viper! Today, we completed the first pass of the system, and it's working quite well. However, it does need extensive testing before we can roll it into an Open Beta.

For the Viper version we are simulating, it uses the EEGS Level 5 sight (not the old LCOS) that combines the funnel with a radar-directed gun pipper for accuracy, even at max range. It also includes the Attitude Awareness Arc (AAA), the Ghost Horizon Line (GHL), Bullet At Target Range (BATR) cue, Multiple Reference Gunsights (MRGS), T-Symbol (Foresight Cue for Hornet pilots), the Aspect Angle On EEGS TD Arc, and more.

Here is a real-world video that is rather close to the version of the radar-directed gun HUD we are implementing."
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, &quot;lucida grande&quot;, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; background-color: rgb(206, 213, 228);">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&amp;v=su2N0RaxZ6U&amp;feature=emb_lo go

Phantom88
February 24th, 2020, 13:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW6Q-_17aHE

Phantom88
February 25th, 2020, 13:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5jIKZ95lzY

Phantom88
February 29th, 2020, 03:51
***mini**update***

Hi everyone,

It's a small thing, but something many of you have asked for: we have added an option in the Options / Special Tab of the F-16C to select between the gold tint and transparent canopy. Based on talks with SMEs, around 2007 the USAF/ANG started using the transparent canopies and phasing out the gold tint. Both have the same RCS reduction properties. We hope you enjoy the option to have both!

Also on the Viper front the next update:

1- Continued work on the Dogfight switch functions
2- Addition of the DLZ to the radar page, Dogfight HUD, and HMCS
3- Fix incorrect IFF ID in network play
4- Adding new interactive training missions
5- Adjusted horizon line when on the Persian Gulf map
6- Adding flight to refuel commands

We also hope to provide

1- Many new skins that will first focus on actual USAF/ANG Blk 50 operators
2- Steering cue adjustments
3- Next phase in damage modeling
4- Better accounting for wind in the flight dynamics

Please note that these are not promises, they are simply to let you understand that these are the items that we are working on.

Thanks,
Wags
Attached Thumbnailshttps://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=228923&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1582902714 (https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=228923&d=1582902714)

Phantom88
May 11th, 2020, 09:19
***Chuck's Guide PDF Available***
https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/DCS%20F-16C%20Viper%20Guide.pdf

Dimus
May 11th, 2020, 11:12
Great news!

I've been waiting for this! I can now get back to the Viper. I had left it aside waiting for Chuck to issue this guide.

Phantom88
May 11th, 2020, 13:23
Great news!

I've been waiting for this! I can now get back to the Viper. I had left it aside waiting for Chuck to issue this guide.
I agree,Chuck's Guides are Superb,Well Laid out and very easy to understand.

Mach3DS
May 12th, 2020, 09:49
There's so much not implemented yet. He'll have to make a HEFTY updated when the time comes.

Phantom88
May 19th, 2020, 13:34
***Mini Update***

"Dear All,

I promised that we will try to deliver the AGM-65D Maverick air-to-surface missile by the end of April. However, our new developer was not able to overpower the complexity and need a little bit more time and help from the main devs who are working with Hornet features at the moment.

That being said, we will deliver the small updates such as strobe light to be brighter at night, anti-collision light to be seen on multiplayer servers, improvement to LEF and FCR Hostiles.

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team"

Phantom88
June 3rd, 2020, 08:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-5Yp2w7ns

Phantom88
August 28th, 2020, 08:33
**Mini Update**

Viper Update – 27 August 2020
Dear DCS Pilots,
The primary development items for the Viper remain the AGM-65 Maverick and the AGM-88C HARM in HARM As Sensor (HAS) mode. These were introduced into our internal builds today, and they will be subject to testing over the next several days. Initial tests are good, but there are several items to still resolve.
We are shooting (not a promise) to release both weapons for the Viper in our September update. However, as always, it will highly depend on testing and how long it takes to resolve issues discovered in testing.
We understand how eager many of you are for these two systems, and we apologize that it has taken longer than expected due to several reasons. However, we are getting there, and we thank you for your patience.
In addition to these two new systems, we are continuing to investigate and make needed changes to the Viper targeting pod, flight model/FLCS, HMCS, and data link where needed.
Kind regards,
Wags
https://uploads.mudspike.com/optimized/3X/4/4/44f624b1c5a294868515a491d92fa83e7e7d436e_2_690x388 .jpeg2559×1439 490 KB
(https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/4/4/44f624b1c5a294868515a491d92fa83e7e7d436e.jpeg)
https://uploads.mudspike.com/optimized/3X/7/d/7d6ba9b44e4657a0ada959fc1522ac81a37fef50_2_690x388 .jpeg (https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/7/d/7d6ba9b44e4657a0ada959fc1522ac81a37fef50.jpeg)[/URL][URL="https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/7/d/7d6ba9b44e4657a0ada959fc1522ac81a37fef50.jpeg"]2559×1439 478 KB (https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/7/d/7d6ba9b44e4657a0ada959fc1522ac81a37fef50.jpeg)

Phantom88
September 14th, 2020, 14:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYvkXVKogA

Phantom88
September 17th, 2020, 14:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJihyRvxG0

Phantom88
November 5th, 2020, 09:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p_DObCNDI4

Phantom88
December 13th, 2020, 03:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4E10PNqFbc

Phantom88
December 13th, 2020, 06:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO_rjqFyMUY

Phantom88
December 13th, 2020, 14:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si4OOLDvImg

Phantom88
February 18th, 2021, 09:46
***Mini Update***

Dear all,

As has been mentioned earlier, we have two, dedicated engineers assigned full-time to the Viper, and other engineers participating when available. Once the Hornet leaves early access, additional resources will be brought to bear on the Viper.

Items currently being worked on for the Viper include:

Updated flight model dynamics for G and angle of attack.
Addition of IAM weapons that include JDAM, JSOW, and WCMD.
Pre-Briefed (PB) mode for the AGM-88C HARM.
Air-to-Air radar improvements.

After which, important development items will include:

Air-to-Ground radar
CRUS page
JHMCS Air-to-Ground mode
HARM Targeting System (HTS)
Electronic Countermeasures
And more.

In parallel, we are also addressing many bugs and needed and adjustments.

Kind regards,
Wags

Phantom88
March 20th, 2021, 14:29
2.7 might be very close....this just in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdBpvIUFkpY

Phantom88
June 12th, 2021, 06:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQB6tVK-S4

Phantom88
July 10th, 2021, 10:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9OQgD1pSRw

Priller
July 10th, 2021, 12:02
Hmmmmm, this might be the first payware addon that I'll buy for DCS!

Priller

jmig
July 11th, 2021, 07:54
Hmmmmm, this might be the first payware addon that I'll buy for DCS!

Priller

It was the first one I bought. I think it is a great model and I enjoy flying it. But my old brain isn't up to learning and remembering complex weapons systems like I did when younger. I decided that I prefer the simpler models system wise. I find myself flying the WWII P-47 and P-51 more and more.

Phantom88
July 12th, 2021, 03:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETeciL-ryCE

Phantom88
August 6th, 2021, 08:41
Dear Viper Pilots,

Thank you for participation in DCS: F-16C Viper Roadmap features poll. We received more than 9,500 responses. DCS: F-16C Viper development is again at an accelerated pace. We focused on bug fixing in the first half of 2021, and while we will continue bug fixing, we will now also be adding new features.

Our roadmap, which is heavily influenced by your voting, will cover from now and until the end of 2021.

The list of delivered features this year includes:

AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
AGM-88C HARM POS and HAS Modes
GBU-31 and GBU-38 JDAM
AGM-154A JSOW
BRU-57/A Smart Rack
VV/VAH HUD Option
Travel Pod

The planned poll features to be delivered by the end of 2021 for DCS: F-16C Viper includes:

Flight model and FLCS tuning. This focuses on angle of attack and G, and we believe it will result in more accurate sustained turn performance, instantaneous turn performance, and acceleration.
HARM Targeting System (HTS) pod and HARM Attack Display (HAD).
Air-to-Air Radar improvements: DTT SAM mode, bullseye, and intercept steering cue.
Landing and takeoff handling tuning.
JHMCS support for the Radar Warning Receiver, Link 16, and Air-to-Ground mode.
Electronic Countermeasures: ALQ-131 / ALQ-184 ECM pods and FCR jamming indications.
Air-to-Ground Radar: Ground Map, Expand, DBS modes, Fixed Target Track, Ground Moving Target, Snowplow, Sea, and AGR modes.
Semiautomatic and Automatic Countermeasures Programs.
Mark Points.
HOTAS Steerpoint Selection.
Lat / Long and MGRS Coordinate Selection.
CBU-103 and CBU-105 WCMD.
Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) cursor.

Further development will continue into 2022 with the following list of planned poll features:

Complete Lightening Targeting Pod. This mostly consists of correct offset logic and improving display clarity.
Sniper XR Targeting Pod.
Date Transfer Cartridge (DTC) and Mission Planner.
ICP Modes: CRUS, TIME, FIX, ACAL, DEST, and BULL DED pages. Of these, CRUS will be the highest priority.
RWR Handoff PRF Tones.
HUD Toss Anticipation Cue.
Desired HUD Airspeed Caret for CRUS mode.
GBU-24 Paveway III.
Remaining Bombing Modes: DTOS, MAN, and LADD. DTOS being the highest priority.
Mk-84AIR.
Wing Fuel Tank Pylon Jettison Correction.
ALE-50 Towed Decoy.
FCS BIT Animations.
BDU-50 Training Bomb.
Jet Fuel Starter (JFS) Door Animation.
Alternative Landing Gear Handle.
Cockpit View Pilot Model.
Animated Tail Hook.
Air Show Smoke Pods.
ACM Slew Mode.
Radar Velocity Search Mode.

Please note that both the 2021 and 2022 lists may not be delivered in the listed order. These are our current plans as of July 2021, and they are subject to change. There are many more items that we will be addressing, but this list is confined to poll items.

Some features require a lot of effort and time, like HTS/HAD and AG radar, while the others are not as complex and can be completed sooner. We’ll start with the most important ranked by you, that are also feasible for us, and then continue to bring you more and more DCS: F-16C Viper functionality.

It is also important to remember that all features of our Viper are in regards to a United States F-16CM Block 50, roughly M4.2+, operated in the 2007 time frame.

Sincerely,
Wags and the Eagle Dynamics Team
https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_08/1419150567_F-16RoadmapScores.thumb.png.6943314afe751ab7621b1a49 3cf265e4.png (https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_08/910101392_F-16RoadmapScores.png.0b1d24d0286950bbe3af35ddd649b2 a6.png)

Phantom88
August 10th, 2021, 13:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMa5jED3AKg

Phantom88
September 9th, 2021, 05:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1lMvxy4vOY

Phantom88
September 9th, 2021, 06:15
Dear all,

In an upcoming update, we will be introducing a Payload Restriction option in the Mission Editor. This will allow mission designers to restrict weapons to specific stations for both single- and multi-player missions.

I am posting this here as we hope this will be a good solution for “HARMgate”. Based on further research, it comes down to a “it depends” situation. While some Viper units have had their HARM shooters wired for STA 4 and 6, other did not. This explains the conflicting SME feedback and mass-consternation and confusion. With the addition of the Payload Restriction option, we’ll let you decide.

Kind regards,
Wags
https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_09/Screen_210908_153343.thumb.png.c2de832a6ca865d90a8 ebf118867759e.png (https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_09/Screen_210908_153343.png.62dd39666cfd2c03414467371 62f4212.png)

Phantom88
September 11th, 2021, 18:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJuHXBzcXTY

Phantom88
September 21st, 2021, 13:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_1kyrkTZJo

Phantom88
September 27th, 2021, 04:46
​Dear all,
Time for a little Viper update. While the AH-64D team has been very busy, our modern-day fixed wing team (Viper and Hornet), have been equally busy. Although not a promise (a lot can happen in test), we are shooting for the following in the October update:

Air-to-Ground radar in Ground Map (GM) mode.
HARM Targeting System (HTS) and HARM Attack Display (HAD).
Bullseye DED page and indications for FCR and HSD pages.
Addition of the HSD cursor.
Addition of Mark Points.
New INS/datalink system for AIM-120 guidance.
Updated FCR and HSD symbols (color and shape).
Highly detailed pilot for cockpit view.
Smoother cursor control.
Improved MPD clarity.
Adjusted RWR detection ranges.
Flight model adjustments including commanded G-onset rate.
RWS/TWS refinements.
On-speed AoA airspeed correction.
Addition of the HMCS DED page.

This list is by no means complete, but it highlights some of the more pressing matters. Again though, this list is not in stone and may change based on internal test results.

Kind Regards,
Wags

Phantom88
October 14th, 2021, 12:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmf7dwF0ZQ

Phantom88
October 15th, 2021, 08:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za6w4LToMSA

Phantom88
October 18th, 2021, 04:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenH3nam0xY&amp;t=12s

Phantom88
November 15th, 2021, 12:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_O9xq-NE4w

Phantom88
November 15th, 2021, 13:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pe5v5jqgQg

Phantom88
November 16th, 2021, 12:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8OZSVy_Fo&amp;t=17s

Phantom88
December 11th, 2021, 03:57
F-16C Viper
New Features
https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_12/Hero1.png.5bd688e255786e44cd004d17d390f381.png (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/)
We are now engaged in new features for DCS: F-16C Viper and look forward to sharing the details with you in the next Open Beta update. It is with great pleasure that we can guarantee you the arrival of the ECM Pod, a very much improved HSD cursor, new AG features for the helmet and semi-automatic and automatic countermeasure programs. Also, keep your eyes peeled for an updated FLIR picture.

Phantom88
December 11th, 2021, 12:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7TM7woOqDw

Phantom88
December 11th, 2021, 12:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smX0yoqTIPI

Phantom88
December 13th, 2021, 12:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSc7kgg0VY&amp;t=6s

Phantom88
December 14th, 2021, 13:01
Dear all,
In addition to the ECM pod functions coming to the Viper, we will also be introducing jamming effects on the FCR. When the FCR can generate azimuth, range, Vc, etc. data for a target and the target is jamming, a yellow double-chevron symbol is placed over the contact. If, however, range cannot be resolved due to jamming, a yellow, double-chevron symbols is placed along the top of the FCR page along the detected azimuth angle of jamming.
The attached image shows examples of both of these conditions and a non-jamming contact.
Kind regards,
Wags
https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_12/Screen_211214_124126.thumb.jpg.aeeddb0efb0e851aeac 5cf9f3170dad7.jpg (https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_12/Screen_211214_124126.jpg.31c2a0e73d82ac97958c52087 d8efc60.jpg)

Phantom88
February 17th, 2022, 14:36
***Update***
Today we completed internal integration of L16 and IDM sharing of HTS/HAD emitter contacts. This will allow you to designate and share emitter location between Flight, Team, and Donors. Additionally, sharing of emitter triangulation data between flight members is also internally complete as part of the TDOA option from the HAD page.
We've made further adjustments to SPI sharing regarding accurate HSD symbology that includes Flight/Team member ID.
Finally, we've made good progress on adjustments to the ITR and G-onset, and internal verification tests will probably start next week.
If testing goes well, we plan to have it included in the next Viper update.
Progress on datalink is going well, but we still have some significant items to still complete. Once datalink is complete, work will commence on the CRUS DED page.
In parallel to datalink and FM, DEST DED page, MAN bombing mode, and LADD bombing mode are in work.
Kind regards,
Matt

Phantom88
March 12th, 2022, 03:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWbllC919A

Phantom88
March 27th, 2022, 04:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnqFHMok-hA

Phantom88
April 12th, 2022, 03:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCEFHf01FvI

Phantom88
April 17th, 2022, 04:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utmt3z8MZms

Phantom88
April 25th, 2022, 12:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM3PBAW-Cak

Phantom88
May 3rd, 2022, 13:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001oQMPwwUw

Phantom88
May 8th, 2022, 05:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO97tyhnn0Y

Phantom88
May 28th, 2022, 13:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IORut6rY24

Phantom88
June 21st, 2022, 13:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHrEzLGSqw

Phantom88
June 24th, 2022, 05:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rVvUnoPVKQ

Phantom88
August 7th, 2022, 10:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brz1zl-Sbhk

Phantom88
August 18th, 2022, 10:20
https://youtu.be/2BXojiLbDzs

Phantom88
October 16th, 2022, 05:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL9EMZxY3jw

Phantom88
October 17th, 2022, 13:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0QiTcKnRo&amp;t=5s

Phantom88
November 16th, 2022, 03:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm7NCzKk8TY&amp;t=99s

Phantom88
June 5th, 2023, 14:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfwUeTcDvKs

Phantom88
September 10th, 2023, 04:54
Changes Coming to Sighting Point/Cursor Slews, Snowplow, and VIP/VRP Logics
COMING SOON
Dear all,
In the next update to Open Beta, you can expect a large number of fixes for the DCS: F-16 Viper. Over the past six months, the F-16 team has been revamping the aircraft's air-to-ground sighting and weapon delivery sub-modes to be more authentic and to address many reported bugs in how the F-16 integrates it's sensors, HOTAS, and targeting logic. Along with the upcoming changes to the datalink within the F-16, this has been a very large task that required our dev team to address many aspects of the F-16 all at once, due to the level of integration such changes would require within the aircraft systems.
Understandably, this may seem like a lot of changes, but for the most part very little will actually change within the DCS F-16. These changes are mainly focused on ensuring all the minute details that are required for the F-16 avionics to function are properly implemented to prevent any sort of logic conflicts when using the air-to-ground targeting systems. While the Early Access Guide is still receiving revisions to sufficiently explain how all of these weapon delivery sub-modes are intended to work within DCS F-16, we are including a brief conceptual overview for our Viper players to frame the underlying logic in hopes that it will enhance everyone's understanding of why these updates were necessary; until the Early Access Guide can be updated to reflect these concepts.
F-16 Conceptual Overview
The F-16 sensors (FCR, TGP, and HTS) drive a singular System-Point-of-Interest (SPI). As such, only one sensor can be in a track mode at any given time.

When any sensor enters a track mode, it will cause the other sensors to exit their track mode. For example, if the FCR is in Fixed Target Track (FTT) against a surface target location and the TGP enters POINT track, the FCR will exit FTT. This is because the non-tracking sensors must remain aligned to the tracking sensor to maintain the singular SPI location. If two sensors were in track mode simultaneously, the single SPI logic of the F-16 would be violated.
When a sensor enters a track mode (FCR FTT/MTT, TGP AREA/POINT, or HAD designation), this automatically puts DTOS, VIS, or EO-VIS into a post-designate state at the corresponding location.

The F-16 A-G master mode includes many weapon delivery sub-modes that may be used, depending on the weapon selected on the SMS page. These sub-modes are categorized as either "Pre-planned" or "Visual" weapon delivery sub-modes.
"Pre-planned" sub-modes revolve around the use of steerpoints that have been programmed at pre-planned target locations.

These sub-modes include CCRP, LADD, PRE, EO-PRE, and EO-BORE. (PRE is used with AGM-154A, GBU-31/38, CBU-103/105, or GBU-24; EO-PRE and EO-BORE are only used with AGM-65)
These sub-modes permit direct sighting options (STP/TGT) or offset aimpoint sighting options (OA1/OA2), as well as the Snowplow sighting method.

Sighting points are used to ensure the accuracy of the targeting solution to the target steerpoint prior to weapon release. Offset aimpoints are not targets themselves, but are used to ensure the target location (TGT) is accurately placed for weapon delivery (i.e., due to INU drift in a pre-GPS scenario)
The selected sighting point determines where the System-Point-of-Interest (SPI) is placed relative to the steerpoint, which directs all sensors to a singular location.
Snowplow permits employing a "Pre-planned" weapon delivery mode when existing steerpoints are not practical, and provides a means to rapidly direct the SPI in front of the aircraft at the Snowplow cursor. If a designation is performed while in Snowplow, the main Navigation cursor is slewed to that location and Snowplow is exited.

"Visual" sub-modes are geared toward visually acquiring a target location independently of a pre-planned steerpoint.

These sub-modes include CCIP, STRF, DTOS, VIS, and EO-VIS. (VIS is used with AGM-154A, GBU-31/38, CBU-103/105, or GBU-24; EO-VIS is only used with AGM-65)
Sighting options are not available in these sub-modes, nor is the Snowplow sighting method. The sighting option rotary and the Snowplow OSB options are removed when these sub-modes are entered.
These modes will automatically place the FCR in AGR (Air-to-Ground Ranging) and the mode cannot be changed except for placing it in OVRD/STBY.
The TGP (if installed) is automatically slaved to the weapon solution in CCIP or STRF sub-modes.
The TGP (if installed) is slaved to the TD Box in DTOS, VIS, or EO-VIS sub-modes, even when these modes are in a pre-designate state. This augments the visual identification of targets and assists in optically locating targets at extended ranges.
When a target location is designated in DTOS, VIS, or EO-VIS sub-modes, this also updates the current steerpoint location by moving the Navigation cursor to the same location. This ensures a seamless transition between sub-modes (Example DTOS->CCIP->CCRP) against the same target location in which the SPI is maintained on the target.

Visual Initial Point (VIP) and Visual Reference Point (VRP) sub-modes are a means of conducting strikes against pre-planned target locations in CCRP sub-mode while using visual landmarks for final alignment of the targeting solution. These are especially useful when conducting low-level strikes in which the target may not be visible until just prior to weapons release.

These sub-modes permit cursor slews to be performed to align the targeting symbology with visual landmarks without affecting the cursor deltas of the main Navigation cursor.
VIP adds "IP" as an additional sighting point option that may be selected using TMS Right-Short while the HUD or FCR is SOI, or by pressing the corresponding sighting point rotary at OSB 10 on the FCR or TGP MFD formats. When VIP mode is entered, the sighting point is automatically set to "IP", after which the sighting points may be advanced in a sequence of IP->TGT->OA1->OA2->IP.
VRP adds "RP" as an additional sighting point option that may be selected using TMS Right-Short while the HUD or FCR is SOI, or by pressing the corresponding sighting point rotary at OSB 10 on the FCR or TGP MFD formats. When VRP mode is entered, the sighting point is automatically set to "TGT", after which the sighting points may be advanced in a sequence of TGT->OA1->OA2->RP->TGT.
These modes allow a single overfly designation of the IP or RP in which the SOI is automatically set to the FCR and the sighting point is set to the TGT. This allows a seamless transition with one button press from the ingress phase into the final attack phase, without the requirement to manually slew the cursor to align the diamond symbol in the HUD with the physical landmark that represents the IP or RP.

Changelog:
Sighting Points & Cursor Slews

Cursor slews are now possible in several different modes that are independently accumulated. As an example, the VIP cursor may be slewed and zeroed independently of the Navigation cursor. If Cursor Zero is pressed and "CZ" remains displayed on the MFD, it is because another cursor still has cursor slews applied. This may be seen when the DTOS/VIS cursor is zeroed back to the FPM, but the main Navigation cursor may still be slewed away from the original steerpoint location. To zero the Navigation cursor, CCRP or CCIP should be entered and then CZ pressed.
When cursor slews are applied, Cursor Zero is needed to remove them. For a time, changing the selected steerpoint was erroneously zeroizing the cursor when it should not have been. This has been rectified so that cursor deltas are maintained during steerpoint switching (ie, if the TGP was looking 500 meters west of steerpoint 1, it will be looking 500 meters west of steerpoint 2 if the STPT is advanced from 1 to 2).
The TD Box occludes the steerpoint diamond. If they are co-located, which is the case in "Pre-planned" A-G sub-modes like CCRP or LADD, the steerpoint diamond will be hidden by the TD Box.
When the steerpoint is slewed using the cursor, the OA1 and OA2 offset aimpoints will always slew with it to maintain their programmed offset distance/direction as entered on the DED DEST page.
Pressing Cursor Zero no longer zeros the OA1/OA2 settings. These can only be zeroed by manually editing the RNG value to 0 on the DED DEST page.
If the RNG value of OA1 or OA2 is set to 0, the OA triangle symbols will be removed from the HUD/HMCS and will not be available in the sighting point rotary options.
OA1 and OA2 will not be available in the sighting point rotary options if FIX or A-CAL are displayed on the DED.
When not in VIP or VRP modes, the OA1 or OA2 triangle symbols will not be displayed in the HUD/HMCS if not selected using the sighting point rotary option. When in VIP or VRP modes, both OA triangle symbols (if RNG is not 0) are always displayed along with the IP/RP diamond, TGT TD Box, and PUP circle symbols.
Sighting point options are not available if in any "Visual" weapon delivery sub-mode: CCIP, STRF, DTOS, or VIS; or if MARK is displayed on the DED with "HUD" as the marking method.
Sighting points may be cycled using TMS Right-Short while the HUD or FCR is SOI (prior to this it was only possible with FCR as SOI).
The "Ghost A-G Cursor" (white crosshairs) is now displayed on the HSD at the current sighting point location for all sighting points (including OA1, OA2, IP, and RP). Prior to this it was only displayed when TGT was the selected sighting point.
The Azimuth Steering Line will only be referenced to the TGT sighting point location, even if the sighting point is changed to OA1, OA2, IP, or RP. Only the direct sighting point (TGT) can represent the target solution for weapon delivery; offset aimpoints only assist in alignment of the targeting solution.
Only one sensor can be in a "track" mode at any given time, since the SPI represents the location to which all aircraft sensors are directed. Entering a track mode in one sensor will cause other sensors to break lock.

If FCR enters FTT or MTT, the TGP will exit POINT/AREA track and any HAD designation will be dropped.
If the TGP enters POINT or AREA track, the FCR will break FTT/MTT lock and any HAD designation will be dropped.
If a threat radar symbol is designated on the HAD, the FCR will break FTT/MTT lock and the TGP will exit POINT/AREA track.

If the sighting point is changed, the aircraft sensors will exit their respective tracking modes to prevent cursor slews from being erroneously input into the system.
The TGP is automatically slaved to the DTOS/VIS TD box while in pre-designate state.
If in DTOS/VIS sub-mode and a sensor is commanded into a track mode, the sub-mode will automatically enter post-designate state at the corresponding sensor track location. (ie, if the TGP is SOI and being slewed in DTOS mode and commanded to POINT track, DTOS will enter post-designate at that location)
If in any "Visual" weapon delivery sub-mode (CCIP, STRF, DTOS, or VIS; or if MARK is displayed on the DED with "HUD" as the marking method), the FCR will enter AGR mode and cannot be changed.

FCR mode selection page is corrected to prevent manually changing the FCR out of AGR mode without changing the weapon delivery sub-mode.

When a laser-guided bomb is selected in SMS, the TGP laser will be inhibited from firing if the sighting point is set to OA1, OA2, IP, or RP. This prevents an LGB from being diverted from the intended target location, which is represented by the direct sighting points of TGT or STP.

Snowplow

Snowplow is only available while in a "Pre-planned" weapon delivery sub-mode: CCRP, LADD, PRE, EO-PRE, EO-BORE; or if in NAV mode if the FCR is not in an A-A mode.
When Snowplow is entered (via OSB 8 on the FCR or TGP MFD formats), the SPI is placed at the location of the Snowplow cursor in a pre-designate state (represented by the TD Box in the HUD).

In NAV mode when there is no TD Box and the steerpoint diamond represents the steerpoint location, there will be no HUD symbology corresponding with Snowplow cursor while in a pre-designate state.
If TMS Up-Short is pressed while the HUD, FCR, or TGP are SOI, Snowplow is exited via post-designate and the main Navigation cursor is moved to the location of the SPI (represented by the TD Box in A-G master mode or the steerpoint diamond in NAV master mode).
If Snowplow is exited from pre-designate by pressing "SP" at OSB 8 on the FCR or TGP MFD formats, the SPI simply returns to the existing location of the main Navigation cursor since a designation was not performed.

The Snowplow cursor location is placed in three dimensions by the following.

Aircraft Heading: The cursor will remain along the aircraft longitudinal axis and cannot be changed.
Range: The cursor will be placed in front of the aircraft at 50% the A-G FCR range. Adjusting the FCR range (even if the FCR is in OVRD or STBY modes, or if the RF switch is in QUIET or SILENT) will move the Snowplow cursor in range.

If the FCR is powered OFF on the SNSR PWR panel, the Snowplow cursor is fixed 5 NM in front of the aircraft and cannot be changed.

Elevation:The cursor is set to the same elevation as the current steerpoint while in pre-designate. When Snowplow is exited via post-designate, the elevation of the SPI is re-calculated to the terrain elevation.

When weight-on-wheels, the cursor is set at the same altitude as the aircraft.

VIP/VRP

It is no longer possible to enable VIP and VRP for the same steerpoint. Enabling one mode will disable the other if set to the same steerpoint.
When VIP or VRP mode is entered, a Cursor Zero is no longer performed to the main Navigation cursor.
When an overfly designation is performed in VRP mode, the designation will now designate the location of the RP, not the TGT.

Only one overfly designation may be performed of the IP in VIP mode or the RP in VRP mode, using TMS Forward-Short while the HUD is SOI. Cursor slews may still be performed before or after the designation, but VIP and VRP modes must be exited and then re-entered to perform subsequent overfly designations.

When entering VIP mode, the EHSI will be directed toward the IP and the Azimuth Steering Line will be to the TGT. When an overfly designation of the IP is performed, the EHSI will switch to the TGT.
When entering VRP mode, the EHSI and the Azimuth Steering Line will be to the TGT, even after an overfly designation of the RP is performed.

Phantom88
September 10th, 2023, 04:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPGDhcfZkk&amp;t=4s

Phantom88
September 12th, 2023, 09:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIwO0HHULc