PDA

View Full Version : Unusual problem with repaints

Bruce66
February 12th, 2019, 02:24
Recently I cleaned up my gaming computer - did a disc cleanup, defragged and then installed a new video card.

Then I noticed a couple repaints went a bit odd. They looked fine before so I deleted my copies, re-downloaded and reinstalled but the problem remains.

I am reluctant to approach the artists as I am sure its not a problem with their repaint as it worked fine before.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem before and know of a solution?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67232&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67232&stc=1

This is the Calif ANG skin for the A2A T-6 Texan

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67233&stc=1

This is a bonus repaint for the MilViz DHC-2 Beaver.

Jafo
February 12th, 2019, 04:01
One possible issue could be lost connections to 'fallback' texture folders that may have overwritten [been ahead of] the textures you ended up with....check the texture.cfg in each plane folder [texture.xxx] and see if locations are missing...;)

Bruce66
February 12th, 2019, 07:01
Thanks for the response.

I admit I am no whizz at this but as far as I can tell there is nothing missing. I checked each texture folder and their cfg files were all identicle. Then I checked the path described in the cfg and it was correct - although I do not know what each repaint is looking for in the folders identified by those paths.

Thanks to the kind soul who pointed out my error.

Odd because with the Texan it is only one repaint affected and likewise with the Beaver it is only one repaint affected. I have not noticed any other annomolies since the clean up.

If it was just one plane I would be looking at recent updates but I haven't installed any updates for quite a while.

I am still confused....

mgr
February 12th, 2019, 11:17
Hi Bruce,

The texture-bug at the T-6 Texan is caused by the selected Canopy-type.

The repainter has to copy some parts to get the textures to correctly to show up at all Canopy-types. This repaint does not have that, so only show correctly at the "default" canopy. (selectable via the hangar-menu).

Regards,

Marcel

WarHorse47
February 12th, 2019, 11:49
Bruce,

I seem to recall some issues with Beaver repaints. Milviz updated their models, but older repaints had issues as shown in your photo.

The initial release had a different paint configuration

..which means that repaints based on the initial release will show a black aileron and elevator if not updated.

Bruce66
February 12th, 2019, 12:44
Hi Bruce,

The texture-bug at the T-6 Texan is caused by the selected Canopy-type.

The repainter has to copy some parts to get the textures to correctly to show up at all Canopy-types. This repaint does not have that, so only show correctly at the "default" canopy. (selectable via the hangar-menu).

Regards,

Marcel

Thanks, yes I got that sorted (I don't know what happened to the post I wrote to say that - I must have forgot to submit.)

Someone else pointed out the elephant to me as well - I did know that originally just forgot.

Cheers

Bruce66
February 12th, 2019, 12:45
Bruce,

I seem to recall some issues with Beaver repaints. Milviz updated their models, but older repaints had issues as shown in your photo.

..which means that repaints based on the initial release will show a black aileron and elevator if not updated.

Ah that explains it!

So that is the mystery solved.

Thanks for the responses!