PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using both ORBX and PIS PNG scenery?

stearmandriver
February 6th, 2019, 09:20
Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience running both the Pacific Islands Simulations "Extreme Bush Trekker" scenery with the ORBX Tapini and/or Port Moresby packages.

I picked up the PIS scenery a while back, but before installing it I discovered the ORBX packages and started having so much fun I never got around to installing the PIS stuff, then my interests wandered elsewhere - squirrel! - and now I'm back to the PNG bush and wanting to try the PIS stuff too.

I'm specifically wondering about the airports where there is coverage overlap like Tapini, Fane, Ononge, Woitape; and also about the mesh the PIS package comes with. My guess is I'd like to keep the ORBX renditions of these strips, and probably the ORBX Holgermesh for PNG... so can I run the PIS scenery without screwing that up? I'm thinking as long as I run the PIS stuff in layers below the ORBX layers this oughta work?

Sure, the easy answer is to just try it; I just recently finished a time consuming repair of FSX though, and that was necessitated by removing a simple add on.. I'd rather not break anything else. If anyone has experience here, I'd be interested. Thanks...

Dangerous Beans
February 6th, 2019, 09:28
Squirrel, where!

Sorry I cant help, I just couldn't resist :D

speedy70
February 6th, 2019, 09:30
Hi
I think there was an instruction written on how to run the two alongside one another but I cant remember its exact location.

I am pretty sure it was on the orbx forum.

Cheers chris

speedy70
February 6th, 2019, 09:36
Found it here at orbx.

search PIS (https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/111682-compatibility-between-tap-tapini-and-pis-raw-grit/?tab=comments#comment-1004209)

Cheers chris

stearmandriver
February 6th, 2019, 14:25
Perfect, just what I needed. Thanks Chris!

speedy70
February 6th, 2019, 14:41
I am going to remove the link now cos it was through my account.

cheers chris

stearmandriver
February 6th, 2019, 15:18
Thanks, got it bookmarked. Fwiw I had to sign in with my own account to view the thread so I don't think you had to worry, but better to be safe. Thanks again!