PDA

View Full Version : My Unsolicted View

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 12:06
Having been looking at this for quite some time,and finding it the type of thing I enjoy flying in FSX, I finally had the opportunity to purchase several today...(holding off till the puter problems were all worked out)

If you are a GA Pilot, or even a Rotor Pilot and like nice short hops then you too might like these as much as I am finding I like them....

Its a group of four add-ons so far..All in Florida ..

FScene... Each Scenery has like 10-12 airfields included..They also come with sounds that I rather like(I cranked up outside sounds in FSX). The airfields have much custom work to them,including tents,hangars, smoke from buildings , static aircraft, etc...Nicely done too I might add..Oh yea..They have animated people too, and balloons flying nearby...LOL

The sounds are amazing too..From birds to gulls, traffic control, workshop sounds, traffic (I think I heard)...

For me the entire packages are remarkable,and just what I am always searching for.....

They are made by our very own Joe Watson, who resides in Florida BTW..

They are also priced great...$11.11 per version....I bought two and will buy the other two after I explore these more......

BTW.. Joe has no clue I wrote this..But I am just enjoying them so much I thought some of you GA pilots who have not seen nor heard of this might be intrested......

You can view and get them here.....http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/buy-here/

Enjoy....

Lionheart
February 20th, 2009, 12:16
Thanks Mason for the heads up.

I love good scenery. I have been hearing about his pacakges. I'll have to check some out.

:rapture:

Bill

JoeW
February 20th, 2009, 12:41
Thanks Mason ....
That list you posted earlier today also had some of my work in Alaska. Dexters Dog House Lodge and The Raptors Roost Lodge, both of which were test beds for the sound addons. And they are freeware. They are on Avsim.
Thanks for the plug.

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 12:41
They really are fun...

I think this first shot is from Joe...Just saying Hi ! LOl

The Second is a small sample of a little airport in Florida...

JoeW
February 20th, 2009, 12:46
They really are fun...

I think this first shot is from Joe...Just saying Hi ! LOl

The Second is a small sample of a little airport in Florida...

Mason ...... :jump: You are looking at that upside down. That field is Indian Hammock and they do have those ponds there next to the field.
:wiggle:

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 12:49
Mason ...... :jump: You are looking at that upside down. That field is Indian Hammock and they do have those ponds there next to the field.
:wiggle:

Oh...... duh... I knew that...LOL :redf:

Joe...These really are fun...... Love the barking doggies too...

JoeW
February 20th, 2009, 12:58
Oh...... duh... I knew that...LOL :redf:

Joe...These really are fun...... Love the barking doggies too...

I like to hop around with the Cubs and real weather, <style></style>especially with early morning fog or thunderstorms.

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 16:14
Real weather for me will come tommorrow with the install of FEX.....Just finished cleaning it all up and thats my last big addon...YEA...

I just saw the dude on the motorcycle.......:applause: :ernae:

harleyman
February 21st, 2009, 04:17
Hey Joe....Which packs have water landings? :help:

I have 1 & 2 and those are both land...

Thanks

JoeW
February 21st, 2009, 05:05
The only water is in Vol 3, 9FL3 Lake Josephine, I drive by that on the way to Sebring.
02FA Lake Persimmon is close to it and you have to pass over a lake to land. But it's grass.

harleyman
February 22nd, 2009, 06:37
A few shots of just tooling around in the morning ....

FAC257
February 22nd, 2009, 07:44
Volume3 has some very cool little airports in it.

Although not an official water airport, Hennessy (26FD) is in the middle of Hennessy's Tropical Fish Farm. There's water everywhere.

One of the toughest little airfields to get in and out of is Gator Creek (2FL6). This is a mostly abandoned airport hidden on the back side of Gator Creek Golf Club. Watch out for the weeds! :)

harleyman
February 22nd, 2009, 08:13
Cool...Thanks for that...... Guess I need to get Vol 3 now....:friday:

harleyman
February 24th, 2009, 05:00
Closer view of the shop at work..Even have shop sounds here..Pretty slick I think....

Dexdoggy
February 24th, 2009, 14:03
Thanks Mason ....
That list you posted earlier today also had some of my work in Alaska. Dexters Dog House Lodge and The Raptors Roost Lodge, both of which were test beds for the sound addons. And they are freeware. They are on Avsim.
Thanks for the plug.

Did you say Dexter Dog!? :jump:

JoeW
February 24th, 2009, 17:45
Dexter Thomas is a friend of mine. I have done several sceneries in his name. He has a Collie that is his daughters That is a true champion. The dogs name is "Hobo". There is a field just north of Emma Firld that's named Dexterville. Also in Alaska......... "Dexters Dog House Lodge" There have been several Aircraft that have a "Hobo's" Paint taken from the colors on Hobo.
:faint:

JoeW
February 24th, 2009, 17:49
This is Hobo.

Dexdoggy
February 24th, 2009, 18:54
Joe - a collie too! I should point out that Dexter is the name of our previous dog (God bless him!); the world's best behaved collie in my avatar is a pic of our Daisy! She would love to meet Hobo, maybe they can have an internet relationship! :icon_lol: Sorry - :focus:

JoeW
February 25th, 2009, 01:29
Joe - a collie too! I should point out that Dexter is the name of our previous dog (God bless him!); the world's best behaved collie in my avatar is a pic of our Daisy! She would love to meet Hobo, maybe they can have an internet relationship! :icon_lol: Sorry - :focus:

I understand that you have already met Dexter. I sent him a addie with a thread from you. I stated " This guy is stealing your thunder". He took it pretty good and said that he contacted you and that the two of you had a nice talk. Hobo is a direct decendent of the same linage that the dog "Lassie" was. Having a BF and can't remember kennel.

harleyman
February 25th, 2009, 02:13
Lassie ....Come Home.....

Sorry..had to do it......

Beautiful dogs BTW.....Even temperement...:applause:

JoeW
February 25th, 2009, 03:05
The kennel that Hobo's from is Donnybank or Donnybrook, I can't remember which. Hobo goes to a renunion each year, I understand. If you have one of those pups ...... they all have a internment area at the kennel. Hobo is better known in the show dog world as Eagleslook Explorer And has a internet page here: http://home.comcast.net/~Dexthom/index.html

harleyman
February 26th, 2009, 12:32
Just flew into Golden Land Ranch......

Nice flight over Citrus hedging Ranch seeing the balloners out flying too....LOL

harleyman
March 6th, 2009, 08:00
I was jsut toolin about florida and looked down only to discover this airfield that for some reason I have never flown into....

I got to get busy flying more........:help: