PDA

View Full Version : Sectionf8 Sabre

Aircanuck
February 3rd, 2019, 07:42
Is it possible to disable the "don't sink" comment that comes out of cockpit if your approach and landing are going side ways ??

Cheers

falcon409
February 3rd, 2019, 08:00
I never did like those callouts especially when flying a Helicopter. Almost everything you do in a Heli seems to trigger one of those obnoxious voices, lol. They are found in the "sound" folder in the main FSX folder. I actually deleted every one I could find and never heard them again. I believe you can comment them out in the sound.ini file, but I wanted them permanently gone and so I just deleted them.

MrZippy
February 3rd, 2019, 08:00
Seems like I gone through this before, maybe in another forum thread...possibly over at AVSIM in the PMDG forum. IMHO the "don't sink" callout is the most annoying sound on this planet. You have got to sink if you are on approach for landing. I finally went into search mode for my HDD and deleted every don't sink.wav file in existence. The more appropriate "sink rate" is acceptable.

Does the tie go to the runner in this situation???:dizzy:

WarHorse47
February 3rd, 2019, 08:09
Actually, it's an easy fix.

You need to edit a section in the aircraft.cfg file. Look for the [GPWS] section and edit the parameters.

Here is the one I use to disable the callouts:

[GPWS]
max_warning_height=-1
sink_rate_fpm=-999999
excessive_sink_rate_fpm=-999999
climbout_sink_rate_fpm=-999999
flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm=-999999

MrZippy
February 3rd, 2019, 08:31
Actually, it's an easy fix.

You need to edit a section in the aircraft.cfg file. Look for the [GPWS] section and edit the parameters.

Here is the one I use to disable the callouts:

[GPWS]
max_warning_height=-1
sink_rate_fpm=-999999
excessive_sink_rate_fpm=-999999
climbout_sink_rate_fpm=-999999
flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm=-999999

But will this mod fix the "Don't Sink" problem?

WarHorse47
February 3rd, 2019, 08:42
But will this mod fix the "Don't Sink" problem?It should because you end up disabling the callout on the sink rate.

Try it out. Make a copy of your aircraft.cfg first. Open up the file and look for the [GPWS] section. If it exists, copy over what I posted. If it doesn't exist it means it is using the default, so just add the section. Then load up the sim and aircraft and see if that works. If not, then restore your backup aircraft.cfg file.

UPDATE: I don't have the Section 8 Sabre in FSX, but I do have it for FS9 and it does not have the [GPWS] section so you will likely need to add it to your aircraft.cfg file.

Aircanuck
February 3rd, 2019, 08:58
Thank you for the help fellow Simmer's, I took ( the easy route ) Falcon409's advise and deleted the necessary lines from the main sound folder..... stay tuned !

Cheers for now

Jafo
February 3rd, 2019, 11:35
Considering I'm currently running the Section F8 Sabre 24/7 whilst creating a new paintkit for an Avon Sabre version.....and don't hear the warning....I probably edited the ini eons ago....don't like 'em either...;)
Meanwhile there's [almost] light at the end of the tunnel ..... 4096 kits can be a pain [this one is]...;)

Aircanuck
February 3rd, 2019, 11:38
... lets see if we can go two for two ??

One other bug I've put up with for ever are the lights !! I have landing lights but no navigation lights.

Was this ever addressed, or have I got a bad file ?

Cheers

MrZippy
February 3rd, 2019, 13:02
... lets see if we can go two for two ??

One other bug I've put up with for ever are the lights !! I have landing lights but no navigation lights.

Was this ever addressed, or have I got a bad file ?

Cheers

I have switched my nav lights over to Shockwave. the red nav light was poorly positioned.