PDA

View Full Version : Saved flight plans

gray eagle
January 30th, 2019, 15:21
I've been trying to locate where in FSX/P3D are the flight plans located and what file extension are they?

Sieggie
January 30th, 2019, 16:34
They are in the C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files directory where XXXX is your user name and they have .PLN as the extension.

They are XML files that are readable

Dave

gray eagle
January 31st, 2019, 03:34
They are in the C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files directory where XXXX is your user name and they have .PLN as the extension.

They are XML files that are readable

Dave

Does that apply to AI Flight Plans too?

Ganter
January 31st, 2019, 05:20
Does that apply to AI Flight Plans too?

Negative grey eagle

AI flight plans will be found in FSX/ scenery/ world/ scenery where they are stored a .bgls. You can create them and put them anywhere you want - Addonscenery folder for instance. That way you can tick/ un-tick them in the scenery library to activate them individually, whatever.

gray eagle
January 31st, 2019, 05:49
Negative grey eagle

AI flight plans will be found in FSX/ scenery/ world/ scenery where they are stored a .bgls. You can create them and put them anywhere you want - Addonscenery folder for instance. That way you can tick/ un-tick them in the scenery library to activate them individually, whatever.

Thanks for the info. I upgraded computers and to WIN 10 as well, had reinstalled an AI aircraft and I see it is on the tools explorer flight plan, just didn't remember where that flight plan was
stored.

modelr
January 31st, 2019, 09:56
Thanks for the info. I upgraded computers and to WIN 10 as well, had reinstalled an AI aircraft and I see it is on the tools explorer flight plan, just didn't remember where that flight plan was
stored.

When it is an add-on ai aircraft with flightplans, it will be wherever the installer put it, if an installer was used, which may be the default location pointed to by ganter, (FSX/scenery/world/scenery,) as a .bgl, or it could be in a add-on scenery's scenery folder. In this case the scenery would have usually come with the aircraft, and the install instructions would usually tell you where it puts it.

I always keep all my instructions, and the original zip file my sceneries and aircraft come in, for quick reference of just this kind of question.