PDA

View Full Version : I bought a few acres megascenery earth

limjack
February 20th, 2009, 10:12
I purchased the Seattle area from Megascenery earth and gave it a try. First, the coolest thing is I can see my house for the first time. All these years of flight sim and now there it is, my house. Grass is a bit partched but its there. So it was a HUGE:jump: moment for me to see my actual dewelling place in flight sim!!
I took some shots of the area so you can make your own decision. Like any product like this you have to get some altitude to enjoy it and it is just one season. Looks like Seattle has a summer shot for lots of brown grass. I also took a shot of Bill gates house, see arrow and a shot of where mega scernery cuts off and FSX scenery takes over. Will try for some night shots later.

Jim

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 10:21
MAN... I want to see my house too...Its on sale now for what?? $

2.99 per parcel????????

How cool is that????? :applause:

limjack
February 20th, 2009, 10:24
MAN... I want to see my house too...Its on sale now for what?? $

2.99 per parcel????????

How cool is that????? :applause:

Ya, could not go wrong for that price. I think you only get one square for that price and then you pay reg. price after that. Did take around 2 hours to download.
Jim

BOOM
February 20th, 2009, 13:47
Very cool!! How is it on the fps?
/Patrick/

Major_Spittle
February 20th, 2009, 14:03
First, the coolest thing is I can see my house for the first time. . . So it was a HUGE:jump: moment for me to see my actual dewelling place in flight sim!!

I hope you made your wife run outside and wave as you flew over? :kilroy:

limjack
February 20th, 2009, 15:22
Here are a couple night shots in case your interested in the scenery. Some of the lights are utx set at min.

Boom...no FPS hit on my rig. Tried it today with and then without and no change except a better looking place to fly.

Jim

Lionheart
February 20th, 2009, 15:49
Nice sceney Jim! Thanks for showing us the new scenery.

:ernae:

Downtown looks nothing like the normal Sim Seattle downtown area... Tons of loading docks and shipping containers. Miles.....

I saw that sale myself.. I would love to buy all of Arizona and Colorado. I can just fly for hours at a time over those two states..

Bill

EDIT: .............and Nantucket... and Cape Cod.. and Marthas Vineyard.. and San Diego..

BOOM
February 20th, 2009, 15:59
I'm really impressed with those night shots. that's stunning!!

hey_moe
February 20th, 2009, 17:42
Nice shots :woot:

sberlins
February 20th, 2009, 19:40
Some other shots of Megascenery Washington:

The first shot is headed east from Friday Harbor. Don't remembe the name of the airfield, but its the just about due east of FH.
The second shot is default location Friday Harbor.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/Steve_Snake_Driver/2009-1-27_0-23-41-316.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/Steve_Snake_Driver/2009-1-27_0-19-56-170.jpg

sberlins
February 20th, 2009, 19:48
A few more, day/night shot of same area (east coast near Boston)
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/Steve_Snake_Driver/FSX/2009-1-4_1-25-23-44.jpg

Same place at night:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/Steve_Snake_Driver/FSX/2009-1-4_1-26-16-450.jpg

Back to the Northwest...it even looks pretty good down low.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/Steve_Snake_Driver/FSX/2009-1-5_23-49-48-145.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/Steve_Snake_Driver/FSX/2009-1-3_11-17-35-17.jpg

limjack
February 20th, 2009, 21:14
Oooooo, like the last shot. Is that part of the free Mt. Rainier package?

Jim

sberlins
February 20th, 2009, 22:02
Oooooo, like the last shot. Is that part of the free Mt. Rainier package?

Jim

No, that's East, North East of Seattle I believe.

jimjones
February 21st, 2009, 03:35
It seems MegaSceneryEarth is having lots of deals to promote their products. The latest was a $3 offer for any area. I chose 001 of New York. Pics below. The first two are of familiar areas, the last two of North of the city in the burbs.

Wish their scenery was consistent. Of what I've obtained, Upper MI is poor in places. Zion area is good. Mount Ranier is good. The best so far (IMO) is New York.

BOOM
February 21st, 2009, 04:02
Cha-Ching!!!!! Ring yourself up 1 sale Jim,You sold me:ernae:I purchased 2 parcels of the Chicago Lake Michigan area where I live.I'm gonna buzz my house with a Tomcat at low altitude while the wife is in the shower!!! Muhuhaha!!!
Thank You Jim
/Patrick/

limjack
February 21st, 2009, 07:40
Cha-Ching!!!!! Ring yourself up 1 sale Jim,You sold me:ernae:I purchased 2 parcels of the Chicago Lake Michigan area where I live.I'm gonna buzz my house with a Tomcat at low altitude while the wife is in the shower!!! Muhuhaha!!!
Thank You Jim
/Patrick/

LOL....hope you enjoy flying over your local area, it really is a :woot:

limjack
February 21st, 2009, 07:44
It seems MegaSceneryEarth is having lots of deals to promote their products. The latest was a $3 offer for any area. I chose 001 of New York. Pics below. The first two are of familiar areas, the last two of North of the city in the burbs.

Wish their scenery was consistent. Of what I've obtained, Upper MI is poor in places. Zion area is good. Mount Ranier is good. The best so far (IMO) is New York.

Some day when I get better system I will enjoy the New York area. Looks nice but my FPS go way down near the city building and if I have any traffic on...Yikes! Love the shot with the golf course.

Jim

pbearsailor
February 22nd, 2009, 19:27
OK, I bought the little corner of my world just to the north of Limjack's. I wanted to see my house too.

Trouble is, I see where it should be, but it's not there. :help: I mean, I see where my boat lives in the marina, but the slip is empty. But I must either be in the virtual airplane or my real boat when I took the screenshot. Right? I'm lost and confused. :eek:

Seriously, though, it's a huge improvement for my local area. I still like the color saturation I get with GEX and still think it looks much better overall, but the FSX depiction of the little spit of land I live on is hopeless without photoreal scenery. It's pretty cool how real it is now, even though the colors are off. Don't think I'll buy a lot of this stuff, but at least for my home area, I like it.

cheers,
steve :wave:

limjack
February 23rd, 2009, 07:05
pbearsailor, that sucks!! Have not figured out when the shot was taken to make this scenery. I can only tell that my area it was summer. Cruise the sound and see if your out chasing Orcas in your boat.
Like you said it is good for the home area. I may buy a few more parcels so I can make my flights down to PDX and enjoy the scenery from above (I make lots of car trips down to Portland to see Mom and Dad and the inlaws so nice to see from above).

Don't forget to get the Free Rainier area...it is a blast, you can even go hiking. See my pictures at the bottom of thread.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=10877

Jim

jhefner
February 23rd, 2009, 08:04
First, the coolest thing is I can see my house for the first time. All these years of flight sim and now there it is, my house. Grass is a bit partched but its there.

Thereupon lies the joy of Photo Scenery. Have Megascenery Dallas/Ft. Worth, and created a small patch of photo scenery for my town on it's edge so I could see my house, and fly over photo scenery from my home town to all over the DFW metroplex. :woot:

-James

Lionheart
February 23rd, 2009, 08:26
In mine in Phoenix, you can see the ole Rover out front in the driveway.

When you can even see your own car in front of your house, its amazing.

You know, I was thinking, how sometimes you see a bit of a seam in the tiles.. Can you imagine how difficult it is to do an entire countryside in a day in actual flying or Satellite Photography? The time element in passing over the area, mixed with the movement of the sun and thus effecting the shadows of objects on the ground, with each pass of the camera in the sky (atmosphere or orbital), the shading and light is constantly changing, in constant flux... Then you have clouds drifting along (some tiles will have a cloud zone here or there).

So... Its amazing that they are as nice as they are. Must be terribly difficult to get them all smooth and no seams..

Bill