PDA

View Full Version : AFCAD creator/editor

Warrant
February 20th, 2009, 08:25
What is the most easy to use, FSX SP2 compatible AFCAD program to simply edit or create airports?

Dangerous Beans
February 20th, 2009, 09:40
http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

Warrant
February 20th, 2009, 09:54
http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

Cheers mate, gonna try that one now. :applause:

Hope i can edit FS9 AFCADS as well with this tool. :friday:

Dangerous Beans
February 20th, 2009, 10:18
I dont know if it doues FS9 or not, havnt tried.
If it dousnt do a search at Avsim for AFCAD221.zip

Warrant
February 20th, 2009, 13:45
I dont know if it doues FS9 or not, havnt tried.
If it dousnt do a search at Avsim for AFCAD221.zip

Dont know how it works for you but for me it only gives me a big heap of errors.

I can add aprons, and they will show up (with vegetation still on it), as well as taxi-tracks. But there it ends....
Mil aircraft spaces will generate error after error (while all stuff is connecting), fences, blast walls and nav-aids can only be drawn, but once other stuff is selected, they are gone. Error checking results in "no can save", and no changes ARE saved at all!

Checking for updates within the program even resulted in MORE errors!:sleep:
One night of my scarse time wasted! :faint:

Is there no tool more solid and error free to compose airfields in FSX SP2 (or acceleration if you will)?

Dangerous Beans
February 20th, 2009, 14:22
I dont know what could be wrong as it work fine for me and I know others here use it without problems too.

Warrant
February 20th, 2009, 14:27
I dont know what could be wrong as it work fine for me and I know others here use it without problems too.

What version are you using?

I d/l ed from the link your posted here.

Perhaps it is a Vista Ultimate 64 bit issue

Dangerous Beans
February 20th, 2009, 14:32
I'm running v1.37 but under XP SP3.
Maybe it is a Vista thing.

Hopefully someone here whos using it in Vista can help

JoeW
February 20th, 2009, 14:33
ade !!

dexthom
February 20th, 2009, 16:12
Greetings! I am running version 1.39 with Vista Home 64 with no errors
and no problems. When I installed, I let it build its data bases etc. and
I have not experienced any problems so far.

CG_1976
February 20th, 2009, 16:58
To handle both sims there's a payware proggy. AFX by flight1 the only one that is proven to handle both sims.

Snuffy
February 20th, 2009, 17:21
Warrent,

Take a trip over here and register ... then start posting your problems.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Jon, or Scruffy Duck is the guy you want to talk to.

IanP
February 21st, 2009, 05:02
ADE is the one I've been using and have been for a long time - if it isn't pointed at the SDK files it needs (as do all of them!) then it gets upset, but other than that, the only problems I've had have been a few crashes.

Regarding removing vegetation, that's an FSX thing and will happen to any scenery design application - you have to put a flatten/exclude autogen polygon underneath your airport (you can exclude LandClass as well if you want) to get rid of autogen.

guzler
February 21st, 2009, 05:57
Make sure you have the SKD update available from MS. First time I tried ADE, I had errors. This was sorted with the update.

Warrant
February 21st, 2009, 10:07
Thanks guy's, gonna try your options.

falcon409
February 21st, 2009, 10:23
I also use AFX for all my AFCAD work as I can switch easily inside the program to pull up FS9 AFCADS and save as FSX or vice versa.

Warrant
February 21st, 2009, 14:00
Besides this thread (with helpful comments by you guy's) i noticed another thread about ADE. This mentioned v1.37. Did a check on my edition.................................:faint::sh eep::eek: ....1.00.

I'm installing 1.20 and then the 1.37 patch.

After that i will be busy doing stuff with it, absorbing large amounts of coffee (and a beer here and there) figuring the stuff out. Once i'm totally stuck, ill get back to this thread again :engel016:

Again...Thanks

ananda
February 22nd, 2009, 02:12
ADE can open Afcad2 bgls, it just cannot create FS9 bgls.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4627/afcad2inade.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

IanP
February 22nd, 2009, 02:50
Besides this thread (with helpful comments by you guy's) i noticed another thread about ADE. This mentioned v1.37. Did a check on my edition.................................:faint::sh eep::eek: ....1.00.

I'm installing 1.20 and then the 1.37 patch.

After that i will be busy doing stuff with it, absorbing large amounts of coffee (and a beer here and there) figuring the stuff out. Once i'm totally stuck, ill get back to this thread again :engel016:

Again...Thanks

Ah. Yes. It crashed a lot back then. That was when I uninstalled it and used other tools until it caught them up and overtook them.

I think I used about five packages to do IPBB and IPBC? These days I'm down to two - SBuilderX to get background images and do water(*) and ADE for everything else.

* - ADE can do water polygons, but it always puts it at sea level for me, which doesn't work at all well when it's a pond on an airfield at 600' AMSL... Big hole! I need to ask about that. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Snuffy
February 22nd, 2009, 06:26
And if you don't have simconnect setup properly it barely functions at all.

Anyhow, here's a project I'm working on ..