PDA

View Full Version : AVRO Project 621 and 621 Trainer - FSX port over uploaded!

nigel richards
January 11th, 2019, 22:35
I have released the first 2 aircraft packages of the AVRO Project:

1. AVRO 621 (Armstrong Siddeley Mongoose engine).

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66404&stc=1

2. AVRO 621 Trainer (Armstrong Siddeley Lynx engine).

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66405&stc=1

The AVRO Siddeley 621 Tutor (main series aircraft package) will also be released by next weekend. This will be followed by the AVRO 626 Prefect, AVRO/PWS-18 (licence-built Polish Trainer), then finally the AVRO 646 Sea Tutor floatplane pack.

Once all aircraft packages are released I will be uploading a paintkit to cover all versions.

E N J O Y !!!

thefrog
January 11th, 2019, 23:36
Beautiful aircraft - thank you so much!

nigel richards
January 11th, 2019, 23:50
Beautiful aircraft - thank you so much!

Thank YOU, Sir :-)

dhasdell
January 12th, 2019, 00:33
Lovely work. Thanks a lot. I do like a pilot who looks around while he's flying. It's little touches like that which really bring it to life. I can't wait for the RAF yellow one.

David

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 02:03
Lovely work. Thanks a lot. I do like a pilot who looks around while he's flying. It's little touches like that which really bring it to life. I can't wait for the RAF yellow one.

David

Thanks David, the RAF yellow and many other colourful liveries will be coming next week with the main AVRO 621 Tutor package.

6 models and 10 (+?) liveries for your enjoyment :-)

aardvark62
January 12th, 2019, 02:34
Hi Nigel. I was sooo looking forward to these. Unfortunately, on loading, both aircraft cause a CTD for me (P3Dv2.5). Event viewer seems to point towards Panels.dll.

Gary :(

marijn
January 12th, 2019, 02:44
thank you very much sir, she is a beauty:applause:

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 03:10
Hi Nigel. I was sooo looking forward to these. Unfortunately, on loading, both aircraft cause a CTD for me (P3Dv2.5). Event viewer seems to point towards Panels.dll.

Gary :(

Sorry to hear that, Gary - Perhaps Wombat666 could shed some light on P3D operation, I know John was successfully flying all AVRO test versions in P3Dv3.0.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/114096-nigel-richards

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 03:11
thank you very much sir, she is a beauty:applause:

Thank YOU Sir :-)

Have fun!

johnwillimas2
January 12th, 2019, 03:30
Very nice model generally BUT the sound of the wind in the wires is superb! A trivial point maybe but I think this really makes this model completely immersive! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 03:48
Very nice model generally BUT the sound of the wind in the wires is superb! A trivial point maybe but I think this really makes this model completely immersive! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Now that really is music to my old ears, John :-)

Thanks for noticing.

511Flyer
January 12th, 2019, 04:26
Efharisto Nigel, and diolch yn fawr iawn. Yes, Welsh too I am.

:encouragement:

RayHff
January 12th, 2019, 04:28
Thank you for 2 excellent aircraft.

One note: Maybe it's me but the compass looks like it operates in reverse and the pop up requires a fix.

Tim-HH
January 12th, 2019, 04:35
Thank you very much for this wonderful aircraft, Nigel! :applause:

https://abload.de/img/avrosje0m.jpg

Greetings
Tim

dhasdell
January 12th, 2019, 04:47
Here we are arriving at Old Sarum after our first cross-country:

TARPSBird
January 12th, 2019, 05:16
Nigel, what is that float plane in your avatar pic?

Fireball6
January 12th, 2019, 05:21
What a wonderfull plane - simply fantastic !!! And as mentioned here befor, great sound as well - love slow and low flyby. Superb crafted !!:applause:

Many thanks and all the Best

Dirk

IFlySWA
January 12th, 2019, 06:12
Simply fabulous!! :applause::applause: Thank you very much Nigel and everyone else who helped produce this masterpiece. :encouragement:

Brian

shotgunshack
January 12th, 2019, 06:20
Beautiful, so reminiscent of the pre-war Flying Club that was the RAF. And the Fly-by sounds are the best I've heard. Thank you Nigel.

jamminjames
January 12th, 2019, 06:40
I've flown both FSX and FS2004 and they are outstanding... Thank you so much! Amazing talent..

Motormouse
January 12th, 2019, 06:40

That's the floatplane version of one of this series of Avro trainers... coming soon

Ttfn

Pete

Bellerophon
January 12th, 2019, 07:13
Looks absolutely amazing! Long live A.V. Roe!

Do we get some handling notes?

thefrog
January 12th, 2019, 07:35
Working great in P3D v3.4

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 08:42
Efharisto Nigel, and diolch yn fawr iawn. Yes, Welsh too I am.

:encouragement:

Efharisto poly, 511Flyer:-) Diolch yn garedig, Syr

Thank you for 2 excellent aircraft.

One note: Maybe it's me but the compass looks like it operates in reverse and the pop up requires a fix.

Thank You Sir:-)

The VC compass should be working fine.
I believe dhasdell will be posting a correct entry for both a popup compass and a bonus clock.

Here we are arriving at Old Sarum after our first cross-country:

AWESOME place to fly AVROs, David - I love Old Sarum:-)

Thank you very much for this wonderful aircraft, Nigel! :applause:

https://abload.de/img/avrosje0m.jpg

Greetings
Tim

Greetings and many thanks, Tim :-)

What an absolutely beautiful screenshot, Sir!

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 08:57

Motormouse is on the money regarding the AVRO 646 Sea Tutor.
(Thanks Pete).

She'll be available sometime during the next couple of weeks.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66421&stc=1

That's very welcome news Sir!

Thank YOU:-)

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 09:13
What a wonderfull plane - simply fantastic !!! And as mentioned here befor, great sound as well - love slow and low flyby. Superb crafted !!:applause:

Many thanks and all the Best

Dirk

AWESOME to hear folks are enjoying this release, Dirk:-)

Thanks for sharing those amazing screenshots, Sir. :encouragement:

Simply fabulous!! Thank you very much Nigel and everyone else who helped produce this masterpiece. :encouragement:

Brian

Thanks for making it all worthwhile, Brian:-)

Beautiful, so reminiscent of the pre-war Flying Club that was the RAF. And the Fly-by sounds are the best I've heard. Thank you Nigel.

If we've managed to capture some of that atmosphere then we have indeed accomplished something worthwhile.

Thank YOU, shotgunshack:-)

I've flown both FSX and FS2004 and they are outstanding... Thank you so much! Amazing talent..

Love both sims! - Thank YOU jamminjames:-)

Looks absolutely amazing! Long live A.V. Roe!

Do we get some handling notes?

Here, here, Bellerophon, and thank you for your kind words :-)

I'm sure we can provide some handling notes once the pressure is off the release packages

Javis
January 12th, 2019, 10:23
Dear Sir Nigel, can i say that you have created what can easily be considered as the pinnacle of ol' FS9 aircraft design ! And not only that, the FSX port-over works just as fine and here too your gorgeous Avro 621 model shines like never before and certainly is in a league of its own as well ! The modeling, the textures, the inside, the outside, the anims, the details, the pilot, the sound (!!!!!), the flightmodel, all exceptionally phenomenal ! :applause::applause::encouragement:

This model virtually oozes the ambiance of the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden like i never experienced before.

In short, Kudos, Kudos,Kudos to you and your team, Nigel, for creating this absolute masterpiece ! You've made my Day, Week, Month and most probabely my Year too ! ( and no matter i have to fly it in a heavely stripped down FSX version because it won't work in P3Dv4 of course. I can wait ! ;-)

THANK YOU!! I'm in love !! :cheerful:

Cheers,
Jan

Twice43
January 12th, 2019, 10:47

What about P3D v4.3 for you?
Just tried, had brilliant sound, aircraft trundles along & flies, but is invisible.
So far.
T43

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 11:06
Dear Sir Nigel, can i say that you have created what can easily be considered as the pinnacle of ol' FS9 aircraft design ! And not only that, the FSX port-over works just as fine and here too your gorgeous Avro 621 model shines like never before and certainly is in a league of its own as well ! The modeling, the textures, the inside, the outside, the anims, the details, the pilot, the sound (!!!!!), the flightmodel, all exceptionally phenomenal ! :applause::applause::encouragement:

This model virtually oozes the ambiance of the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden like i never experienced before.

In short, Kudos, Kudos,Kudos to you and your team, Nigel, for creating this absolute masterpiece ! You've made my Day, Week, Month and most probabely my Year too ! ( and no matter i have to fly it in a heavely stripped down FSX version because it won't work in P3Dv4 of course. I can wait ! ;-)

THANK YOU!! I'm in love !! :cheerful:

Cheers,
Jan

Oh man, Javis:-)

From the outset, the ambition of this project was to acheive high quality models that would make the best of 2+ sims. Your extremely positive comments and enthusiasm have more than rewarded my efforts.

Thank you so very much, my friend:-)

Cheers,

Nigel

nigel richards
January 12th, 2019, 11:08
Just tried, had brilliant sound, aircraft trundles along & flies, but is invisible.
So far.
T43

:dizzy:

LOL. T43, am I to read into the 'so far' bit?

thefrog
January 12th, 2019, 11:37
So far.
T43
No unsurprisingly I can't get it to work in P3D 4.3. Brilliant in 3.4.

Priller
January 12th, 2019, 12:06
Will it ever be available for those of us who fly P3D v4 (64 bit)?

I.e. a full conversion to seperate external and internal models and gauges that work in a 64 bit sim?

I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm merely curious!

Priller

ijay
January 12th, 2019, 12:21
No,no, no this isn't right...............this is way to good to be freeware, i feel guilty flying it because i haven't paid for it!!!!:playful:

All joking apart.................
What an absolutely superb piece of work, there is nothing to dislike, the textures, modelling, animations, handling and of course the sound, all outstanding, an astonishing achievement and a permanent addition to my hanger for sure.
Thank you so much to all concerned.:applause::applause:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66428&stc=1

THibben
January 12th, 2019, 12:30
Thank you so much for a really great plane.

Tom

Portia911
January 12th, 2019, 12:33
Can’t you P3D fan-boys have the decency to let a thread on this, the FSX forum, focus on the positive feedback and gratitude from users of the sim this add-on was designed for, and works perfectly on - and allow Nigel a little time to enjoy much-deserved praise for what he has produced - before you start in with the whinging about how it doesn’t work properly on version 4.3.8675309. Geez! :dizzy:

Twice43
January 12th, 2019, 12:56
:dizzy:

LOL. T43, am I to read into the 'so far' bit?

Hope springs eternal.:jump:

Given the superb quality of your work & the Team who worked with you on this stellar Port Over, should you ever find the time to get it into 64 bit I am sure it would be received with the same enthusiasm & appreciation that is currently being expressed by the FSX folk.
T43

Bellerophon
January 12th, 2019, 13:17
No,no, no this isn't right...............this is way to good to be freeware, i feel guilty flying it because i haven't paid for it!!!!:playful:

Thank you for speaking it out! I feel exactly the same way. ;-)

Moses03
January 12th, 2019, 16:32
Lots of fun to fly. Thanks Nigel!

https://i.imgur.com/qtc8okL.jpg

delta_lima
January 12th, 2019, 17:12
A real home run, Nigel.

I’m currently running FSX-A, with DX10 (where some port overs struggle with certain visual issues) - but it looks, sounds, and runs like a champ. No issues, yields max FPS - just a real peach.

Love the two RAF schemes - when I occasionally get a 1930s itch, this and the FCS Fury are my go-to planes of choice. And yours, as freeware, is easily the other’s rival in quality and perfection of details - and it is a payware product, so that’s saying a lot.

Many kind thanks, good sir. It’ll get good air time.

DL

dvj
January 12th, 2019, 18:33
https://i.imgur.com/nZV2H37.jpg

dvj
January 12th, 2019, 18:39
https://i.imgur.com/fPgJoUj.jpg

Flyboy208
January 12th, 2019, 21:49
An absolute masterpiece Nigel & Team !!! The level of detail in every aspect is truly amazing. Cheers ! Mike :ernaehrung004:

DaveWG
January 13th, 2019, 00:48
Beautiful models Nigel. Well done to you and everyone else involved in the project. :ernaehrung004:
I ran the mdls through MCX so I could use them in P3dv4. Not a perfect conversion, but will do me for now until the official FSX native versions are released. :encouragement:

Arkanoid
January 13th, 2019, 01:14
Very nice plane Nigel and team. P3D4 users are looking forward for the release of a v4 compatible version. Is expected to release a FSX native version?

Thanks

Cees Donker
January 13th, 2019, 01:28
Nigel,

This is a masterpiece! Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you!

:applause:

Cees

gribouil
January 13th, 2019, 06:09
Many thanks Nigel for these lovely Tutors!!!
Looking forward to the release of the rest of the family...:ernaehrung004:
Cheers,

Stéph.

Twice43
January 13th, 2019, 06:55
Beautiful models Nigel. Well done to you and everyone else involved in the project. :ernaehrung004:
I ran the mdls through MCX so I could use them in P3dv4. Not a perfect conversion, but will do me for now until the official FSX native versions are released. :encouragement:

Can I infer that using released FSX Native versions will allow you to get a better conversion to P3D v4 than your 1st shot at it?
T43

DaveWG
January 13th, 2019, 07:17
Can I infer that using released FSX Native versions will allow you to get a better conversion to P3D v4 than your 1st shot at it?
T43

Well, the FSX native versions won't need converting!

nigel richards
January 13th, 2019, 08:01
Will it ever be available for those of us who fly P3D v4 (64 bit)?

I.e. a full conversion to seperate external and internal models and gauges that work in a 64 bit sim?

I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm merely curious!

Priller

FSX Native models are indeed on the list of priorities, Priller.

No,no, no this isn't right...............this is way to good to be freeware, i feel guilty flying it because i haven't paid for it!!!!

All joking apart.................
What an absolutely superb piece of work, there is nothing to dislike, the textures, modelling, animations, handling and of course the sound, all outstanding, an astonishing achievement and a permanent addition to my hanger for sure.
Thank you so much to all concerned.:applause:

Much appreciated, ijay - thanks for sharing the awesome screenshots, too.
Race you from Newquay to Torquay! :-)

Thank you so much for a really great plane.

Tom

Very much appreciated, Tom Thank YOU Sir :-)

Hope springs eternal.:jump:

Given the superb quality of your work & the Team who worked with you on this stellar Port Over, should you ever find the time to get it into 64 bit I am sure it would be received with the same enthusiasm & appreciation that is currently being expressed by the FSX folk.
T43

Thanks for the good words, T43.

Yes, FSX Native models are our intention - Hope really does spring eternal :-)

Thank you for speaking it out! I feel exactly the same way. ;-)

E N J O Y !!! Sir:-)

Lots of fun to fly. Thanks Nigel!

Thanks Moses03 - Have FUN Sir! :-)

Delta_Lima:

"A real home run, Nigel.

I’m currently running FSX-A, with DX10 (where some port overs struggle with certain visual issues) - but it looks, sounds, and runs like a champ. No issues, yields max FPS - just a real peach.

Love the two RAF schemes - when I occasionally get a 1930s itch, this and the FCS Fury are my go-to planes of choice. And yours, as freeware, is easily the other’s rival in quality and perfection of details - and it is a payware product, so that’s saying a lot.

Many kind thanks, good sir. It’ll get good air time.

DL"

Music to my ears, DL - I have a RCAF livery coming in the main AVRO 621 Tutor Package this coming week. A small token of appreciation to you fine Gentlemen of BC. :-)

An absolute masterpiece Nigel & Team !!! The level of detail in every aspect is truly amazing. Cheers ! Mike

Very much appreciated, Mike - Cheers! :-)

I ran the mdls through MCX so I could use them in P3dv4. Not a perfect conversion, but will do me for now until the official FSX native versions are released.

Very much appreciated, especially coming from someone as talented and generous as yourself, Dave! :-)
Thank YOU Sir.

Very nice plane Nigel and team. P3D4 users are looking forward for the release of a v4 compatible version. Is expected to release a FSX native version?

Thanks

Thanks Arkanoid - yes, FSX native versions are the plan. :-)

Nigel,

This is a masterpiece! Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you!

Cees

Cees: Very much appreciated, my friend!

E N J O Y !!! :-)

gribouil:

"Many thanks Nigel for these lovely Tutors!!!
Looking forward to the release of the rest of the family...:ernaehrung004:
Cheers,

Stéph."

Thanks Stéph:-)

Much more to come, Sir - Main AVRO 621 Tutor Package will be available this coming week: 6 NEW models and 10+ liveries for your enjoyment

nigel richards
January 13th, 2019, 08:04
https://i.imgur.com/fPgJoUj.jpg

AWESOME screenshots, dvj - Thanks for sharing :-)

doublecool
January 13th, 2019, 10:29
This aircraft is such a Wonderful and generous gift.

Thank you so very much :applause::applause::applause:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66455&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66456&stc=1

Sorry, I have flown a portion of the paint off the K.1230

Postbaer61
January 13th, 2019, 13:39
I think, this is the right forum for FSX native AVRO,
so i want to let you know, that i have converted Nigel's great AVRO 621 to
FSX native format, which means, that it will work also in 3Dv4+

Nigel gave his kind permission, to publish my conversions,
until he had done his own FSX Native version.

So here we go,

The conversions

The FSX_native_AVRO_621_port_over.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/file/89waosn4x9jrovw/FSX_native_AVRO_621_port_over.zip/file

The FSX_native_AVRO_621_Trainer_port_over.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/file/prhthk20bo00hhh/FSX_native_AVRO_621_Trainer_port_over.zip/file

I hope, you enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers
Ulrich

Roger
January 13th, 2019, 15:10
Wow! Many thanks Ulrich:ernaehrung004:

Javis
January 13th, 2019, 17:59
WOOOHAAA!! Just what the doctor ordered, Ulrich ! Thanks a million, good sir !! :applause::encouragement:

If i may.... here's the indisputable evidence (just two, don't wanna be accused of rubbing it in that much..:teapot: )

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/avro621_1.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/avro621_2.jpg

Two flightsim pinnacles joined together. Thanks so much again Nigel and Ulrich !!

cheers,
jan

RKinkor
January 13th, 2019, 18:29
Thank you to both of you! It is truly a wonderful gift you have given all of us!

b24_witchcraft
January 13th, 2019, 19:52
Beautiful aircraft - thank you so much! :applause::applause::applause:

MZee1960
January 13th, 2019, 20:25

Nigel gave his kind permission, to publish my conversions,
until he had done his own FSX Native version.

So here we go,

The conversions

https://www.mediafire.com/file/89waosn4x9jrovw/FSX_native_AVRO_621_port_over.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/prhthk20bo00hhh/FSX_native_AVRO_621_Trainer_port_over.zip/file

I hope, you enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers
Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

For FSX users, will your FSX native versions perform better than the port-overs ? ...... ( I assume the appearance/visuals will remain the same.)

scotth6
January 13th, 2019, 22:03
Thanks very much Nigel for your outstanding model and Ulrich for converting it for us. This really is a beautiful sim aircraft.

Cheers,

DaveWG
January 13th, 2019, 22:19
You beat me to it Ulrich! Lol. I was having trouble with the pilot's head. Good work. I've small thing though, you may want to look at the compass, it looks like it's exploded slightly. Did you add a z-bias to the material?

RKinkor
January 14th, 2019, 03:58
Hi Ulrich,

For FSX users, will your FSX native versions perform better than the port-overs ? ...... ( I assume the appearance/visuals will remain the same.)
For me it actually will show the textures now where as before I had to take it out of directx 10 preview mode to get them to show. I don't see any real difference in fps.

Twice43
January 14th, 2019, 04:03
Thanks to Nigel & team for the original, & Ulrich for the P3D V4 conversion. It is a magnificent vintage biplane that flies very well in P3D V4.3 & the sounds are great.
Looking forward to the other variants

:applause::applause::applause:
T43

johnwillimas2
January 14th, 2019, 05:47
A small query on running in FSX. I can't unlock or turn the compass card. Is this a bug or a feature? There are click spots on the unlock lever and on the compass itself but they don't appear to do anything other than to give a tool tip with the heading on it.

dhasdell
January 14th, 2019, 06:09
A small query on running in FSX. I can't unlock or turn the compass card. Is this a bug or a feature? There are click spots on the unlock lever and on the compass itself but they don't appear to do anything other than to give a tool tip with the heading on it.

I'm getting the same thing. It's odd, but at least the compass is usable as even without the tool tip the needle is indicating the course.

Postbaer61
January 14th, 2019, 06:11
Many thanks to all,
All credits goes to Nigel Richard and his team.
A converted model is in the best case always only as good as the model
which you converted.
( except you convertet a model like it i.e. Milton Shupe does )
And an original native model is always better than a conversion.
So i'm looking forward to the original native
version by Nigel and team.

:ernaehrung004:
Ulrich

Postbaer61
January 14th, 2019, 06:12
You beat me to it Ulrich! Lol. I was having trouble with the pilot's head. Good work. I've small thing though, you may want to look at the compass, it looks like it's exploded slightly. Did you add a z-bias to the material?

Hi Dave ,
Thanks a lot :-)
I have fixed the pilots head with the transform object tool
in MCX, it can move rotate and scale an object.
And you are right, the compass material setting has had
an activated z-bias, which i had doesn't noticed.
Thanks for hint, i have fixed this and have updated the download files.

:ernaehrung004:
Ulrich

nigel richards
January 14th, 2019, 07:43
This aircraft is such a Wonderful and generous gift.

Thank you so very much :applause::applause::applause:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66455&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66456&stc=1

Sorry, I have flown a portion of the paint off the K.1230

Thank YOU doublecool :-)

Don't apologise for the cowl swap - I'm loving it!

nigel richards
January 14th, 2019, 07:50
WOOOHAAA!! Just what the doctor ordered, Ulrich ! Thanks a million, good sir !! :applause::encouragement:

If i may.... here's the indisputable evidence (just two, don't wanna be accused of rubbing it in that much..:teapot: )

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/avro621_1.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/P3Dv4/avro621_2.jpg

Two flightsim pinnacles joined together. Thanks so much again Nigel and Ulrich !!

cheers,
jan

Jan, I join you in gratitude to Ulrich for making these native models available earlier than planned.

BTW, you can rub it in as much as you like - I'm loving the AWESOME rendition in these fabulous screenshots:-)

Thanks Jan:-)

nigel richards
January 14th, 2019, 08:04
Thank you to both of you! It is truly a wonderful gift you have given all of us!

Thanks RKinkor - Have fun!

Beautiful aircraft - thank you so much! :applause::applause::applause:

Thanks b24_witchcraft - E N J O Y !

Thanks very much Nigel for your outstanding model and Ulrich for converting it for us. This really is a beautiful sim aircraft.

Cheers,

Much appreciated scotth6 :-)

Thanks to Nigel & team for the original, & Ulrich for the P3D V4 conversion. It is a magnificent vintage biplane that flies very well in P3D V4.3 & the sounds are great.
Looking forward to the other variants

:applause::applause::applause:
T43

Thanks Twice43 - Look what happens when you wish upon a star...life REALLY is full of surprises :-)

aardvark62
January 14th, 2019, 10:17
so i want to let you know, that i have converted Nigel's great AVRO 621 to FSX native format.
Cheers
Ulrich

YESSS! Thank you so much! No more CTD I was getting with the original portover. A little late to the party, but I too can now experience and enjoy Nigel's masterpiece.

Cheers, and Thanks again Nigel and Ulrich.

Gary

Dev One
January 14th, 2019, 10:35
The FSX native really comes alive especially with the shadows, although there is a funny shadow on the rudder at times. This is in FSX SP2 & more marked on the civil version.
Keith

cavaricooper
January 14th, 2019, 14:32
When Jan posted, I had to look for myself.... WOW! Thank-you gentlemen, I remain obliged!

https://i.imgur.com/VW4uHOb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d6Dwmi4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pK5rrZ7.jpg

Best- Carl

cavaricooper
January 14th, 2019, 14:53
https://i.imgur.com/hx7Vdkc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cYPxlYU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MpvBYDM.jpg

Best- C

doublecool
January 14th, 2019, 15:10
I really hate to ask this question, however does everones Nav, interior, and landing lights work on FSX Native?

Postbaer61
January 14th, 2019, 16:31
I really hate to ask this question, however does everones Nav, interior, and landing lights work on FSX Native?

Hello doublecool,
I found a missing landing light at one of the trainer versions and it is fixed now, download the
FSX_native_AVRO_621_Trainer_port_over.zip
version again this will solve the issue.
All models have a landing light under the wings and a white nav light at the rudder, no cockpitlight by default.

Postbaer61
January 14th, 2019, 16:41
Thanks for this marvelous shots, Carl
I like them all.

doublecool
January 14th, 2019, 17:36
Postbaer61, you have done a fine job on the conversion to FSX

However all models have Nav lights, Landing, cockpit instrumentation, and white rear nav on tail, was just poniting out my observation from flying the Port Over Models
Thank you for the conversion :wavey::ernaehrung004:

cavaricooper
January 15th, 2019, 02:16
Thanks for this marvelous shots, Carl
I like them all.

Ulrich-

She is a little gem! Every once in a while a bit of freeware finds a permanent home on my SSDs. She has, and I am grateful to both Nigel and you. Glad you liked the screenies.

Best- C

downwind
January 15th, 2019, 05:51
Now that we have this exceptional aircraft, I am interested in a period RAF airfield/ scenery that would be appropriate to operate from. Any suggestions, freeware or payware?

MZee1960
January 15th, 2019, 10:59
The FSX native really comes alive especially with the shadows, although there is a funny shadow on the rudder at times. This is in FSX SP2 & more marked on the civil version.
Keith

Do you have any pics of this rudder shadow anomaly in FSX SP2, please ?

Postbaer61
January 15th, 2019, 13:23
If anyone would like to have
VC cockpit lights or airplane camera settings
for the Avro's, here are my settings.

First make a backup of your aircraft.cfg !!

then right klick the aircraft.cfg to open it with the Editor.
copy and paste the following lines

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 4, -0.35, 0.00, 1.25, fx_vclight
light.1 = 4, -2.45, 0.00, 1.25, fx_vclight

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Right Wing"
Guid = {841b13cd-7f9b-45c3-a8f2-e6843c1ef869}
Description = Looking at the right side of the plane
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 20.5, 0.6, -0.2
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 267
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "Left Wing"
Guid = {fb95d0a2-c811-4a29-bb7d-055ef1aff86c}
Description = Looking at the left side of the plane
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -24.5, 0.9, -2.6
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 87
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "Tail view"
Guid = {87732929-93f4-43a7-a5a0-901e16fe7d0d}
Description = tail view over the airplane
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 0, 3.5, -19.5
InitialPbh = 4, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "Nose view"
Guid = {0032527f-b6f4-4c52-8a63-ff24798c2cc2}
Description = front view of the airplane
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz=-0.0, 1.50, 17.0
InitialPbh=4.5, 0.0, 180.0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=false
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = "Fuel level indicator "
Guid = {4db3b21f-e26a-42f8-8aec-e41a966e7c28}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = True
InitialZoom = -0.3
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=50
HeadingPanRate=75
panacceleratortime=0
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.00, 0.7
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Starter view"
Guid = {03f800d2-e634-432b-89cf-e99d98a161f5}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=80
InitialXyz=0.0, -0.4, 0.0
InitialPbh=6, 0, 25

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = "Landing view Left"
Guid = {a6e853de-dda0-48e2-a808-3e91700f6dc5}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=Yes
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=True
InitialZoom=0.7
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=-0.3, 0.05, 0.0
InitialPbh=9, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.004]
Title = "Landing view Right"
Guid = {e62797d8-6a6e-451a-b2a2-08cbad69aae1}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=Yes
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.7
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.3, 0.05, 0.0
InitialPbh=9, 0, 0

safe and close the Editor.
That's all.

Ulrich

tgycgijoes
January 15th, 2019, 14:06
Just downloaded, installed the Tutor and put it on the ground at a grass field in Texas. All I can say is WOW! Thank you Nigel. I was suprised at its power. I guess maybe because it is lighter than a Stearman. I love all your animations especially the starter crank. Had fun flying around the field and doing touch and go's. Here is a pic on the ground in the evening mist :encouragement:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66515&stc=1

dvj
January 15th, 2019, 18:52
AWESOME screenshots, dvj - Thanks for sharing :-)

Many, many thanks for this aircraft!

Duckie
January 15th, 2019, 19:10
WOW! What a delight. Thank you Nigel and Team for this awesome piece of Golden Age aviation, and to Ulrich for the FSX Native conversion. Outstanding on all fronts.

Steve

Dev One
January 15th, 2019, 19:39
Do you have any pics of this rudder shadow anomaly in FSX SP2, please ?
Hope this works. Location Biggin Hill, 6th august 2019, 11:53 local. Its very critical on direction, otherwise it appears normal. I notice this time that the elevator also affected.
Keith

nigel richards
January 15th, 2019, 22:21

[LIGHTS]

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Right Wing"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 267
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "Left Wing"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 87
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "Tail view"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh = 4, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "Nose view"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=false
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.001]
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = True
InitialZoom = -0.3
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=50
HeadingPanRate=75
panacceleratortime=0
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Starter view"
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=80
InitialPbh=6, 0, 25

[CameraDefinition.003]
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=Yes
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=True
InitialZoom=0.7
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialPbh=9, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.004]
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=Yes
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.7
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialPbh=9, 0, 0

That's all.

Ulrich

Awesome camera views, Ulrich -thank you for graciously sharing them here. :encouragement:

nigel richards
January 15th, 2019, 22:37
Just downloaded, installed the Tutor and put it on the ground at a grass field in Texas. All I can say is WOW! Thank you Nigel. I was suprised at its power. I guess maybe because it is lighter than a Stearman. I love all your animations especially the starter crank. Had fun flying around the field and doing touch and go's. Here is a pic on the ground in the evening mist :encouragement:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66515&stc=1

Exactly the kind of atmosphere and environment to enjoy the AVROs, tgycgijoes :-)

Have FUN!

WOW! What a delight. Thank you Nigel and Team for this awesome piece of Golden Age aviation, and to Ulrich for the FSX Native conversion. Outstanding on all fronts.

Steve

Hey there Steve :-)

Thank YOU, my friend - hope the AVROs provide you with many leisurely hours of enjoyment.

nigel richards
January 15th, 2019, 22:41
Hope this works. Location Biggin Hill, 6th august 2019, 11:53 local. Its very critical on direction, otherwise it appears normal. I notice this time that the elevator also affected.
Keith

Biggin, Keith? Hmmmm...could be the 'bump' :-)

Seriously; those shadows certainly do appear odd - haven't been able to reproduce the abnomally yet.

Dev One
January 16th, 2019, 00:19
Biggin, Keith? Hmmmm...could be the 'bump' :-)

Seriously; those shadows certainly do appear odd - haven't been able to reproduce the abnomally yet.

Nigel, the other thing I have noticed is that if there is no shadow with rudder straight, on some headings the horn balance shadow can show with rudder deflected, to me it looks as if there is a hidden part as part of the rudder, which also gives the shadow on the elevator. Weird. Nothing else seen on the model & it does not seem to vary with time of day or season so far, must try inverted?
I'm also finding that she seems less stable in pitch compared with FS9 using your (James') FDE & also mine. Had similar effects on some of my models.
Keith

Edit. Yes it does show when inverted.

Dev One
January 16th, 2019, 00:28
Awesome camera views, Ulrich -thank you for graciously sharing them here. :encouragement:

Ditto Ulrich :encouragement:

For those using FS9, one can also add a landing view using Num pad 5 - look down - & locking the view in position with SHIFT.
Add this to your Panel.cfg in the [VIEWS] section it will give a left landing view. Change the -0.3 to positive if you prefer the right side landing view. Doesn't seem to work in FSX SP2!

VIEW_DOWN_DIR=9.0, 0.0, 0.0
VIEW_DOWN_EYE=-.30, 0.05, 0.0
Keith

Postbaer61
January 16th, 2019, 03:02
Hello Keith,

Sorry, but i also haven't been able to reproduce the abnormally shadows yet.
Shots from FSX ACC

https://i.imgur.com/ciBKy3a.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/y22xLTT.jpg

Postbaer61
January 16th, 2019, 03:04

Was me a pleasure, sir :wavey:

Motormouse
January 16th, 2019, 03:35
Now that we have this exceptional aircraft, I am interested in a period RAF airfield/ scenery that would be appropriate to operate from. Any suggestions, freeware or payware?

RAF Bicester, theres an fs9 scenery that would probably work by Tim Dale (at Flightsim.com); and one for FSX by Jon Davidson (also at flightsim.com)
because at the time the Avro's were in use most RAF airfields were grass only; no hard runways (these started to become more common from 1942 on) and Bicester was one of the few (along with Syerston,Newton and Henlow to name three) that didn't get a hard runway.

Ttfn

Pete

gavinc
January 16th, 2019, 05:04
Thank you so much for this amazing aircraft Nigel.

I have been following the development of it over time and the screen shots that the beta testers posted always made me jealous.

However they didn't do it justice. You deserve a standing ovation from the whole community for this aircraft :applause::applause::applause:.

It is better than a lot of payware.

Gavin

Dev One
January 16th, 2019, 05:27
Hello Keith,

Sorry, but i also haven't been able to reproduce the abnormally shadows yet.
Shots from FSX ACC

Hello PB, I have just tried in FSX +A & yes it is still there but very feint & fleetingly on the rudder - it just shows as a feint hatching in this shot. It lasts for about 1° heading & the attached is the best I can do from my laptop W10 installation - the other shots are from my desktop W8.1 version which were posted in .jpg. This shot I've tried to post .bmp as it might hopefully show in more detail. Its not a problem but just curious as to why some things happen.

Postbaer61
January 16th, 2019, 06:06
I have checked it in MCX, but nothing unusual

https://i.imgur.com/znAlktH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SFFxZ2N.jpg

hmm, i think we have to wait for Nigel's
FSX native version, to see if it's not caused by
your FSX installation.

Dev One
January 16th, 2019, 08:01

your FSX installation.

Just curious because never used that programme, but there a yellow boundary box in the top picture, which seems to be the side view of the fin, but it is the span of the inner elevator - should it be that wide? I notice also in the lower picture that there is a shade change in the rudder at about the position the shadow starts. But as said before it is not a big problem.
Keith

nigel richards
January 16th, 2019, 08:09
Thank you so much for this amazing aircraft Nigel.

I have been following the development of it over time and the screen shots that the beta testers posted always made me jealous.

However they didn't do it justice. You deserve a standing ovation from the whole community for this aircraft.

It is better than a lot of payware.

Gavin

Enormously appreciated, Gavin :-)
My standing ovation goes to the enormous support and enthusiasm shown here which really does reward the efforts of any developer.

your FSX installation.

Thanks for checking things out in MCX, Ulrich :-)
No hidden gremlins in the max files either.

downwind
January 16th, 2019, 08:37
Your collective knowledge is impressive. The above fascinates me!

It reminds me that I recently paid good money for a P-51 on which the nose art is upside-down and the surfaces and reflections aren't nearly as good as the Tutor's.

https://i.postimg.cc/QdV28tqS/2019-1-16-12-41-32-267.png (https://postimages.org/)

nigel richards
January 16th, 2019, 08:50
Your collective knowledge is impressive. The above fascinates me!

It reminds me that I recently paid good money for a P-51 on which the nose art is upside-down and the surfaces and reflections aren't nearly as good as the Tutor's.

Hmmm...perhaps more or less 3 years of 12/7 spent on the AVROs has something to do with it, Downwind.
12/7 that is, except when my off-grid power system decides to head South :-(

That, and a PHENOMENAL team of Beta testers!!!

Now I hear the voices: "Go West Young man, GO WEST!"...

:running:

blanston12
January 16th, 2019, 09:34

[LIGHTS]

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Right Wing"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 267
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "Left Wing"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 87
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "Tail view"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialPbh = 4, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "Nose view"
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=false
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.001]
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = True
InitialZoom = -0.3
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=50
HeadingPanRate=75
panacceleratortime=0
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Starter view"
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.75
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=80
InitialPbh=6, 0, 25

[CameraDefinition.003]
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=Yes
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=True
InitialZoom=0.7
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialPbh=9, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.004]
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=Yes
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.7
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialPbh=9, 0, 0

That's all.

Ulrich

Thanks Ulrich, those worked very well in my p3d setup. Only one I would change is the one called "Fuel level indicator" which is actually the forward cockpit, and should probably be moved forward a bit and zoomed out a bit.

Dev One
January 16th, 2019, 10:49
Hmmm...perhaps more or less 3 years of 12/7 spent on the AVROs has something to do with it, Downwind.
12/7 that is, except when my off-grid power system decides to head South :-(

That, and a PHENOMENAL team of Beta testers!!!

Now I hear the voices: "Go West Young man, GO WEST!"...

:running:

What has impressed me is the level of detail of the gmax model ( which he graciously sent me for my own use) - it has 60,000 plus polys & how it managed to compile (plus the animations) that lot I don't know - I usually am lucky to exceed 30,000 plus animations for each interior & exterior - & the detail of his textures & artistry - yes I know he is essentially an artist for want of a word I cannot remember:-( , but has shown what can be done if one is patient. May many more suns shine on this & future work.
Beta testing is easy - very easy to find fault, not always easy to correct by the creator. Then there is the FDE - James has done a fantastic job & again criticism is very easy.
In awe
Keith

Postbaer61
January 16th, 2019, 10:55
Hi blanston,
I'm glad that they work well for you.
My settings should only be a rough template.
You can change them easily to your conception.

Pere
January 16th, 2019, 13:30
He seguido con entusiasmo el desarrollo de este plano, ahora podemos contemplarlo como un trabajo arduo para el disfrute del resto, no hay otra solución de la comunidad que decirte que has hecho un trabajo espectacular y que mereces Que muchos aviones de pago se ruborizan al ver este modelo.

MZee1960
January 16th, 2019, 13:59
Keith

Do Nigel's original FSX port-over versions (not the FSX native versions) cause this anomaly also ?

I will not be able to try the FSX native versions on my FSX SP2 system for another day, at least, as I'm away ATM.

delta_lima
January 16th, 2019, 14:42
He seguido con entusiasmo el desarrollo de este plano, ahora podemos contemplarlo como un trabajo arduo para el disfrute del resto, no hay otra solución de la comunidad que decirte que has hecho un trabajo espectacular y que mereces Que muchos aviones de pago se ruborizan al ver este modelo.

As one who speaks both Spanish, French, and English natively, I thought I'd quickly translate these comments for the sake of both the SOH community in general, and Nigel in particular:

Having enthusiastically followed the development of this aircraft, this huge personal effort can now be enjoyed by the rest of us. The only real worthy response from this community is to express how spectacular a job you've done, and your work deserves recognition on par with payware models.

I certainly echo those comments, and affirm how much fun I've had and will continue to have with this. I might even get the seaplane models when they're done, even though I'm not inclined that way, as work this lovely deserves to be enjoyed.

Thanks again,

dl

delta_lima
January 16th, 2019, 15:05

As one who speaks both Spanish, French, and English natively, I thought I'd quickly translate these comments for the sake of both the SOH community in general, and Nigel in particular:

Having enthusiastically followed the development of this aircraft, this huge personal effort can now be enjoyed by the rest of us. The only real worthy response from this community is to express how spectacular a job you've done, and acknowledge your work deserves recognition on par with payware models.

I certainly echo those comments, and affirm how much fun I've had and will continue to have with this. I might even get the seaplane models when they're done, even though I'm not inclined that way, as work this lovely deserves to be enjoyed.

Thanks again,

dl

Dev One
January 16th, 2019, 20:51
Do Nigel's original FSX port-over versions (not the FSX native versions) cause this anomaly also ?

I will not be able to try the FSX native versions on my FSX SP2 system for another day, at least, as I'm away ATM.

Just checked with the aerobatic team Tutor as a portover in FSX SP2 & no, the aircraft does not create shadows on itself although ticked in the options, it only appears to darken the sides away from the sun or have a reflection towards the sun. Shadows do appear on the ground. No indication of any anomaly on the rudder or fin when rotated horizontally.
Keith

johnwillimas2
January 17th, 2019, 01:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyAoTLJAHOk

I've tried every which way (including following the steps in the picture) but I can't start the Tutor without using CTRL+E.

I'm sure I must be missing something but I can't think what?????

The propeller cranks but the engine won't fire. Fuel is definitely on and mixture at 100%.

This is in FSX-SP II.

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

dhasdell
January 17th, 2019, 03:39
A little granny egg sucking I know, but have you checked there is fuel in the tank? I've been caught out that way before now. Maybe the battery is off from a previous type with a key command allocated? Try starting with a different a/c and then changing to the Avro, closing down manually (switches, fuel, mags etc) and then following the starting procedure.

Dev One
January 17th, 2019, 03:43
I just checked in SP2 - fuel on, primer (optional), LH Run Ignition switch mag tumblers to ON, RH Start mag tumbler ON, then hold mouse click on the handle so that it rotates fully when it should then fire. Switch start mag to OFF (optional).

Keith

erican2
January 17th, 2019, 04:14
You have to keep the left mouse button pressed on the starting handle until the engine fires it takes a few turns before the engine catches.

johnwillimas2
January 17th, 2019, 04:17
A little granny egg sucking I know, but have you checked there is fuel in the tank? I've been caught out that way before now. Maybe the battery is off from a previous type with a key command allocated? Try starting with a different a/c and then changing to the Avro, closing down manually (switches, fuel, mags etc) and then following the starting procedure.

Always ready for egg sucking lessons as too often I find I have hard boiled them first which doesn't help. The "battery off" thing was an initial thought but in the Avro it appears to be mapped to the starting magneto so it wasn't that.

HOWEVER, I did try starting another aircraft (the AH Bulldog), shutting that down and then switching to the Avro. Then it works! Many thanks for the thought. I'll shut the Avro down and save it in a flight as a starting point; that should fix it.

Thanks again for the assist.:applause::applause:

Pere
January 17th, 2019, 08:46
[QUOTE = delta_lima; 1170928] Como alguien que habla español, francés e inglés de forma nativa, pensé que traduciría rápidamente estos comentarios por el bien de la comunidad SOH en general y de Nigel en particular:

Habiendo seguido con entusiasmo el desarrollo De este avión, este gran esfuerzo personal ahora puede ser disfrutado por el resto de nosotros. La única respuesta realmente valiosa de esta comunidad es expresar cuán espectacular ha sido el trabajo que ha realizado, y su trabajo merece un reconocimiento a la par con los modelos de software de pago.

Ciertamente me hago eco de esos comentarios y afirmo lo divertido que me he divertido y lo seguiré haciendo con esto. Puede que incluso obtenga los modelos de hidroaviones cuando estén listos, aunque no estoy inclinado de esa manera, ya que este trabajo merece ser disfrutado.

Gracias de nuevo,

dl [/ QUOTE]

I'm sorry I forgot to go through the translator, thanks for doing it for mebangheadbangheadbanghead
I'm sorry I forgot to go through the translator, thanks for doing it for me

MZee1960
January 17th, 2019, 14:03
Just checked with the aerobatic team Tutor as a portover in FSX SP2 & no, the aircraft does not create shadows on itself although ticked in the options, it only appears to darken the sides away from the sun or have a reflection towards the sun. Shadows do appear on the ground. No indication of any anomaly on the rudder or fin when rotated horizontally.
Keith

Thanks for checking, Keith.

I think I have the 'aircraft casts shadows on itself' box unchecked in FSX, on a recommendation I found somewhere years ago, in one of those 'maximizing frame rates' threads. I have never revisited this setting since. I will check my setting when I get back, regardless, now that you've piqued my curiosity.

nigel richards
January 17th, 2019, 22:53
What has impressed me is the level of detail of the gmax model ( which he graciously sent me for my own use) - it has 60,000 plus polys & how it managed to compile (plus the animations) that lot I don't know - I usually am lucky to exceed 30,000 plus animations for each interior & exterior - & the detail of his textures & artistry - yes I know he is essentially an artist for want of a word I cannot remember:-( , but has shown what can be done if one is patient. May many more suns shine on this & future work.
Beta testing is easy - very easy to find fault, not always easy to correct by the creator. Then there is the FDE - James has done a fantastic job & again criticism is very easy.
In awe
Keith

Keith: Thank YOU my friend - I am hugely indebted to you for your gracious and ever methodical wisdom, Sir :-)

nigel richards
January 17th, 2019, 22:55
Always ready for egg sucking lessons as too often I find I have hard boiled them first which doesn't help. The "battery off" thing was an initial thought but in the Avro it appears to be mapped to the starting magneto so it wasn't that.

HOWEVER, I did try starting another aircraft (the AH Bulldog), shutting that down and then switching to the Avro. Then it works! Many thanks for the thought. I'll shut the Avro down and save it in a flight as a starting point; that should fix it.

Thanks again for the assist.:applause::applause:

Hello John, forgetting to set 'RICH' mixture usually catches me out during manual start ups :-(

nigel richards
January 17th, 2019, 22:58
Pere: I am deeply humbled by your most kind words, Sir! :-)

THANK YOU! :-)

erican2
January 18th, 2019, 00:17
I use headphones and I love the way it coughs and splutters into life, great sounds Nigel.

nigel richards
January 18th, 2019, 07:47
I use headphones and I love the way it coughs and splutters into life, great sounds Nigel.

Thanks Dave - headphones are my choice too, my friend :-)

Rami
January 19th, 2019, 01:47
Nigel and team,

Because I had done this for the Avro Tutor, I also tried as an experiment the same technique for the Avro 621 and 621 Trainer. As a test, I used the ClickTeam software to create auto-installers for the FSX port over and FS9 packages. These are a self-extracting .exe file that does the following.

FSX Avro 621 port-over: 160.03MB down to 76.4MB.
FSX Avro 621 trainer port-over: 154.87MB down to 79.7MB.

FS 2004 Avro 621: 138.03MB down to 69.1MB.
FS 2004 Avro 621 trainer: 129.83MB down to 72.8MB.

Would you like to test them to possibly replace the originals?

johnwillimas2
January 19th, 2019, 06:59
I just checked in SP2 - fuel on, primer (optional), LH Run Ignition switch mag tumblers to ON, RH Start mag tumbler ON, then hold mouse click on the handle so that it rotates fully when it should then fire. Switch start mag to OFF (optional).

Keith

Keith - thanks for this but I have another small point : I can start quite happily now but if I do switch the start mag to off, I lose power to the oil pressure and engine temperature gauges (which I'm not sure would have been electrically driven anyway). As far as I can see the start magneto is mapped to CTRL-M (Master Battery) so that switching it off disconnects all power. I guess you just have to leave the start magneto on. (true for the Tutor as well...)

ejoiner
January 19th, 2019, 08:05
I had hopes that this beautiful bird would work in P3D 4.4. Unfortunately no. I installed it and the model doesnt show up. :(

Too bad. What marvelous work this one appears to be!

Arkanoid
January 19th, 2019, 08:14
I had hopes that this beautiful bird would work in P3D 4.4. Unfortunately no. I installed it and the model doesnt show up. :(

Too bad. What marvelous work this one appears to be!

Try this, the great Ulrich made a great work adapting both models.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/89wao..._over.zip/file (https://www.mediafire.com/file/89waosn4x9jrovw/FSX_native_AVRO_621_port_over.zip/file)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/prhth..._over.zip/file (https://www.mediafire.com/file/prhthk20bo00hhh/FSX_native_AVRO_621_Trainer_port_over.zip/file)

nigel richards
January 19th, 2019, 08:44
Try this, the great Ulrich made a great work adapting both models.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/89wao..._over.zip/file (https://www.mediafire.com/file/89waosn4x9jrovw/FSX_native_AVRO_621_port_over.zip/file)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/prhth..._over.zip/file (https://www.mediafire.com/file/prhthk20bo00hhh/FSX_native_AVRO_621_Trainer_port_over.zip/file)

I agree - Ulrich most generously made excellent conversions for the 621 and 621 Trainer.

ejoiner: The AVRO series including the Tutor will eventially be released as FSX native packages, Sir. :encouragement:

Dev One
January 19th, 2019, 12:32
Keith - thanks for this but I have another small point : I can start quite happily now but if I do switch the start mag to off, I lose power to the oil pressure and engine temperature gauges (which I'm not sure would have been electrically driven anyway). As far as I can see the start magneto is mapped to CTRL-M (Master Battery) so that switching it off disconnects all power. I guess you just have to leave the start magneto on. (true for the Tutor as well...)

A bit late in the day, but have just checked the latest Tutor release in my FSX SP2 for start procedure & found that turning the Start Mag Off does not disable the Oil temp or Oil pressure gauge, although it does enable the temp gauge from cold - curiouser & curiouser......may have been updated?
Keith

johnwillimas2
January 20th, 2019, 02:27
A bit late in the day, but have just checked the latest Tutor release in my FSX SP2 for start procedure & found that turning the Start Mag Off does not disable the Oil temp or Oil pressure gauge, although it does enable the temp gauge from cold - curiouser & curiouser......may have been updated?
Keith

A little more research. I re-downloaded and reinstalled...

(1) I should have said <Shift> + M not <CTRL> + M but makes no difference.

(2) If I start the engines with <CTRL> + E and then toggle the Start Magneto switch, the oil pressure and temperature gauges function which ever way the start magneto switch is set. If I then shut down and restart using the manual start method all appears to function correctly.

(3) If I use the saved flight mentioned above to provide a starting point, I can start manually and then toggle the Start Magneto switch, the oil pressure and temperature gauges function.

So, in conclusion: there's something odd in there but I can make it work, so all's well, I guess.

Anyway, in spite of this, the 621 and Tutor are on my list of favorites now.

downwind
January 20th, 2019, 06:00
RAF College Cranwell freeware scenery seems like an appropriate setting for the Tutor/Trainer Avros. There are both paved and grass strips, so most RAF aircraft would seem at home. Its available from SOH.
https://i.postimg.cc/xTbRdh4D/2019-1-20-10-36-7-589.jpg

speedy70
January 20th, 2019, 06:29
That ground texture looks awful.
It should be green not desert sand colour.

Cheers chris

downwind
January 20th, 2019, 06:45
Thanks for the comment Speedy. I changed the season from Winter to Summer and re-posted the pic.

MZee1960
March 25th, 2019, 17:17
Just downloaded the Avro 621 FSX port-over (link below) ... and seem to have no engine startup effect.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=34&id=25080

Does anyone know where I can find the 'fx_avro621_startup_v1' effect file called for in the aircraft config [EFFECTS] section ?

Thank-you,
MZ.

Postbaer61
March 25th, 2019, 18:32
Hi MZ,

The question was answered here #18
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/114259-FSX-native-AVRO-Tutor?p=1171760&viewfull=1#post1171760

MZee1960
March 25th, 2019, 18:58
Hi MZ,

The question was answered here #18
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/114259-FSX-native-AVRO-Tutor?p=1171760&viewfull=1#post1171760

Thank-you, Ulrich. I totally missed this post. :encouragement:

MZee1960
March 26th, 2019, 17:50
Just curious (re both the port-overs and FSX native models) and to add more realism in screenshots etc. .. is there a way of removing the pilot from the exterior view when aircraft is parked and engine/instruments are turned 'off' ?

I came across some aircraft before where pilots disappeared when certain conditions were met (parking brake set, battery off, etc. based on type of aircraft).