PDA

View Full Version : FSX no longer available

dhasdell
January 10th, 2019, 23:29
Now here's a strange one. If I try to launch FSX-SE from the desktop item it tells me that Steam must be running first, so I launch Steam, try the shortcut again and away we go. However, if I already have Steam running and go to my Library to launch FSX I see the entry greyed out with an Install button instead of Play. I can't verify the file integrity via the Properties tab because as far as Steam is concerned the game is not installed, so there are no files to verify. Any ideas, please?

David

MrZippy
January 11th, 2019, 04:30
Didn't accidentally uninstall it?:dizzy:

dhasdell
January 11th, 2019, 05:30
Nope. It's still there in the Steam folder and runs perfectly from the desktop shortcut as long as Steam is already running.

downwind
May 7th, 2019, 05:44
There is a menu selection for validating the SE install. If files are missing, they will be automatically repaired/replaced. I have found FSX-SE to be very reliable, but some of the Dovetail sold ad-ons have been a bit balky to get working. They all eventually have worked though. Even if you have to uninstall FSX and reinstall, it is pretty simple on Steam. Honestly I would not use the FSX boxed software again.

Once you get going, I would be happy to share info about enhancements that have become must-haves, some totally free.

dhasdell
May 7th, 2019, 06:51
Thanks downwind. In the end I battled on for a while but then the computer itself fell sick so I have e new one. A rather drastic cure, but it worked!