PDA

View Full Version : ETO instalation

grahamfox
February 20th, 2009, 06:06
I have run the ETO expansion 1.0 and its created a new folder and coppied my CFS3 files into it. Now I'm stuck. The readme says
The 2nd phase of the installer is to now copy the CFS3 ETO Expansion Files to the newly created folder. I have tried copying the ETO expansion 1.0 into the newly created folder and running it but it tries to do the same thing again, can someone talk me through it.

cristiano103
February 20th, 2009, 06:20
Hi Grahamfox

I am not an expert but as far as I know the installer has to do all by itself, the only things You have to do manually is edit some batch files in case You do not install the expansion in the standard directory (C:\Program files\Microsoft Games......).
Have You followed the instal instruction that You can find in the "Read me" ?

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

rbp71854
February 20th, 2009, 07:04
You will need to delete your 1st attempt. Let the installer do the work, and make sure to follow the following directions closely. Some of the steps in the process take time so be patient.

Suggest you open and print out the install readme so it is handy for reference.

Bob

Run the CFS3 ETO Expansion Install program. The default path for the install is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games
Change the install path if your Microsoft Games folder is at a different location, by clicking the button to the right of the install path text.
The first step is that the installer will create a CFS3 ETO Expansion directory and copy your Combat Flight Simulator 3 files to the newly created directory.
At the promt "Do you want to run A_make_CFS3 ETO Expansion Diretory.exe" click yes.
You will see the default path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games, browse to change the path to match your computer. Click ok, next and start.
Next a command window will open press any key to begin the process of making your CFS3 ETO Expansion directory and to copy your Combat Flight Simulator 3 files to the newly created folder CFS3 ETO Expansion.
Next, the command window will ask you if you want to overwrite the files. Select "A" for All.
At the end press the any key to finish the process of making a CFS3 ETO Expansion Folder.
The 2nd phase of the installer is to now copy the CFS3 ETO Expansion Files to the newly created folder.
The default path wil be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion
Select your path you want to install the files
After the installer has completed installation Martin Wright's MultiCFS3 program should autorun and pop up. Name your install CFS3 ETO Expansion. Be very careful and match the folder name exactly. If MultiCFS3 does not pop up go into Windows Explorer and run MultiCFS3 from there. Note that the MultiCFS3 program will add trailing underscores after the directory name. This is perfectly normal.
The BDP Zapper shortcut should be on your Desktop. The BDP Zapper and ZX Zapper are setup to autorun during installation to delete the BDP and ZX files. Open Windows Explorer and verify that the files have been deleted.
During the autoinstall process the Mission Builder will be installed in your main directory. Right click on the MB and open the Properties pull down tab. The default directory and target paths are C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion. If your install path is different from the default, copy and paste your install path to the directory and target text windows.
During the installation process 3 Batch files were installed which control the swapping of folder and files for the different Eras.

I have run the ETO expansion 1.0 and its created a new folder and coppied my CFS3 files into it. Now I'm stuck. The readme says
The 2nd phase of the installer is to now copy the CFS3 ETO Expansion Files to the newly created folder. I have tried copying the ETO expansion 1.0 into the newly created folder and running it but it tries to do the same thing again, can someone talk me through it.

grahamfox
February 20th, 2009, 08:04
OK so I deleted my first atempt and re ran the installer and it seems to have worked this time. I renamed the folder in MultuCF3 to CFS3 ETO Expansion and ran it.
The the instructions next say verify the BDP and ZX files have been deleted. Where do I find them or where should they be if not deleted ? Also cant find the Mission builder in the main directory ? The instructions says I have to right click on it.

rbp71854
February 20th, 2009, 08:15
The BDP files are normally in the aircraft folders. The Zx files are in the Terrains folders. The mission builder should be there. Look for the mission builder shortcut.

OK so I deleted my first atempt and re ran the installer and it seems to have worked this time. I renamed the folder in MultuCF3 to CFS3 ETO Expansion and ran it.
The the instructions next say verify the BDP and ZX files have been deleted. Where do I find them or where should they be if not deleted ? Also cant find the Mission builder in the main directory ? The instructions says I have to right click on it.

grahamfox
February 21st, 2009, 05:21
OK so I cant see any files named BDP or Zx and when I right click on the MB and select properties it is the same default path as I have. So as I have used the same default path is everything below that in the readme not relevent. Can I start it up and then exit and run 1.02

During the autoinstall process the Mission Builder will be installed in your main directory. Right click on the MB and open the Properties pull down tab. The default directory and target paths are C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion. If your install path is different from the default, copy and paste your install path to the directory and target text windows.
During the installation process 3 Batch files were installed which control the swapping of folder and files for the different Eras.
I M P O R T A N T
If your install path is different then the default install path you will have to make modifications to the MASTERETOBSTARTUP.bat file located in the main CFS3 ETO Expansion folder and to the ETOGLSwapper.bat file located in the CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer folder.
C A U T I O N
If you start the sim without changing the swappers to your computers install path you will corrupt your era files. If you did, you need to uninstall the associated Era files by manually deleting the existing Era file sets from your theater. Then run the CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Install program to re-install the Original Release Install Files (ORIFs)
See the ERA Files Restore readme for detailed instructions to restore the original Era files.
BAT FILE MODIFICATION:
In Windows Explorer
The batch files have been saved "as read only" files, so you will have to first open up the file properties dialog pulldown and unclick "read only" and click apply to save the change.
DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK THE BATCH FILES TO OPEN. Right click and choose "EDIT".
Next open up each of the 2 individual batch files requiring the changes and make the entry changes as shown in the following examples substituting your install path.
Upon completing each batch file save and then be sure to change the file properties type to "read only". This minimizes possible corruption of the swappers.
MASTER ETO STARTUP.bat file
@ECHO OFF
CLS
CALL ETOEraSwapper.bat
CD "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer"
CALL ETOGLSwapper.bat
START cfs3.exe
Example of change:
MASTER ETO STARTUP
@ECHO OFF
CLS
CALL ETOEraSwapper.bat
CD "D:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer"
CALL ETOGLSwapper.bat
START cfs3.exe
ETOGLSwapper.bat file

@ECHO OFF
CLS
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO WELCOME TO THE CFS3 ETO EXPANSION GLOBAL LAYER SWAPPER
ECHO.
ECHO THE CFS3 ETO GLOBAL LAYER SWAPPER WILL NOW CHANGE OUT THE GLOBAL LAYER FILES
ECHO.
PAUSE
ECHO.
:PRESENT
IF NOT EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1945_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1945_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1944_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1944_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1943_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1943_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\bob_qclocations.xml" GOTO :BOB_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1936_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1936_ERA
:1936_ERA
IF NOT EXIST bob_global_layer.csv GOTO BOB_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1943_global_layer.csv GOTO 1943_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1944_global_layer.csv GOTO 1944_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1945_global_layer.csv GOTO 1945_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1936_global_layer.csv GOTO END
BOTTOM OF FILE:
:1944_1945GL
REN global_layer.csv 1944_global_layer.csv
REN 1945_global_layer.csv global_layer.csv
REN gsl.lib 1944_gsl.lib
REN 1945_gsl.lib gsl.lib
:END
CD "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion"

Example of Change:
@ECHO OFF
CLS
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO WELCOME TO THE CFS3 ETO EXPANSION GLOBAL LAYER SWAPPER
ECHO.
ECHO THE CFS3 ETO GLOBAL LAYER SWAPPER WILL NOW CHANGE OUT THE GLOBAL LAYER FILES
ECHO.
PAUSE
ECHO.
:PRESENT
IF NOT EXIST "D:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1945_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1945_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "D:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1944_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1944_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "D:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1943_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1943_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "D\CFS3 ETO Expansion\bob_qclocations.xml" GOTO :BOB_ERA
IF NOT EXIST "D:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\1936_qclocations.xml" GOTO :1936_ERA
:1936_ERA
IF NOT EXIST bob_global_layer.csv GOTO BOB_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1943_global_layer.csv GOTO 1943_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1944_global_layer.csv GOTO 1944_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1945_global_layer.csv GOTO 1945_1936GL
IF NOT EXIST 1936_global_layer.csv GOTO END
BOTTOM OF FILE:
:1944_1945GL
REN global_layer.csv 1944_global_layer.csv
REN 1945_global_layer.csv global_layer.csv
REN gsl.lib 1944_gsl.lib
REN 1945_gsl.lib gsl.lib
:END
CD "D:\CFS3 ETO Expansion"
Make sure to recheck the "read only" in the file properties section.

You are now ready to start the sim. You can start the theater from the desktop by dbl clicking the CFS3 ETO Start Icon or from within Windows Explorer by dbl clicking MASTERETOSTARTUP batch file.
Once the theater is initiated you will have to make a choice which Era you would like to open. Once made the theater will automatically start loading.

rbp71854
February 21st, 2009, 06:10
Graham

It looks like you are good to go. If you installed to the default directory, then you do not want to make any changes to the era swapper files.

Make sure you are in era 1 and stock spawns mode before installing 1.02 update.

grahamfox
February 21st, 2009, 06:57
I ran the game in era 1 but could not find the stock spawns option closed the game then installed 1.2. It said it had been succesfully installed but the game still says 1.0. I then discovered the spawn selecter shortcut on the desktop. When I ran it none were selected so I tried selecting the stock option but the game Rev 1.0. when I run it. Have I screwed it up ?

rbp71854
February 21st, 2009, 07:05
I did not change the spashscreens from 1.0 to 1.02 when releasing the 1.02 update as it was felt that it was a hotfix. So even though you installed the 1.02 update it will still indicate 1.0 on the splashscreens. In the 1.20 update to be released in March the splashscreens have been updated.

I ran the game in era 1 but could not find the stock spawns option closed the game then installed 1.2. It said it had been succesfully installed but the game still says 1.0. I then discovered the spawn selecter shortcut on the desktop. When I ran it none were selected so I tried selecting the stock option but the game Rev 1.0. when I run it. Have I screwed it up ?

grahamfox
February 21st, 2009, 07:13
When I select missions in the game there are none. Quick combat seems OK

lightningbolt
February 21st, 2009, 07:56
I don't believe that there were missions in all the different eras. Look in the different mission folders to see which ones have missions in them so you know which era to start in. You can also download new missions that were uploaded here at SOH .
:kilroy:

grahamfox
February 22nd, 2009, 03:04
I was just a bit concered that I had not selected stock spawns before I updated. When I took a look in the spawns short cut it wasnt set on anything. How do I verify that the 1.02 has succesfully installed?

grahamfox
February 22nd, 2009, 06:16
:ernae: I supose it updated ok dont know really but thanks everybody for the help and Im going to look for some missions, looking forward to the next update.