PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim C-130 FSX Repaints

Aharon
January 8th, 2019, 10:15
Shalom and greetings,

I know that there are many liveries of C-130s and L100s in Avsim, Flightsim, and Captain Sim repaint download center.

Would any of you know where I can find MORE liveries in other websites, please?

I know it is CENTURY OLD question but I am curious to know if anybody has better luck locating Nathan Phillips' liveries particularly First Air and Pacific Western liveries?

Thanks,

Aharon

BendyFlyer
January 9th, 2019, 03:15
No luck re Nathan Phillips repaints for anything. Dead site links these days and no idea as to Nathan either. I do have a copy of the Pacific Western C-130 paint but it is by a Jean-Rene Lavoie you can find that one at AVSIM look for "cs_130_pacific_western.zip' . Nathan did some interesting paints particularly for the Capt Sim stuff but apart from the few I have for the 707 have not been able to find the others for years now, sorry.

ian elliot
January 9th, 2019, 05:01
This is a comprehensive list of repaints for the FS9 version, maybe something usefull in there, probably work in the FSX version with minimal tweaking

https://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?action=showliveries;product=c130;page= 1;q=

Aharon
January 9th, 2019, 06:11
Bendyfyer,

Thanks for answer I prefer Nathan Philllip's liveries LOL LOL

This is a comprehensive list of repaints for the FS9 version probably work in the FSX version with minimal tweaking

Ian,

What tweaking would it make FS9 liveries work for FSX version of C-130 All-in-One package, please?

Regards,

Aharon

ian elliot
January 9th, 2019, 09:39
I dont have the 130 installed any more but im thinking the FSX model is adapted from the FS9 model rather than being a new build. Some of the interior texture's, glass and props may not work but im guessing the external wing-fus ones will work. Anyone feel free to jump in an tell me im wrong :biggrin-new:
Its a case of installing what you like and seeing if it works or not

Aharon
January 9th, 2019, 09:55
Ian,

Thanks for answer. Not a problem if you are mistaken because it is worth to explore your cool idea. I shall ask around if FS9 liveries can be used for FSX model base.

Once again, thanks for good idea and let's hope you are right. It sure would be nice to be able to use FS9 liveries for FSX.

Regards,

Aharon

ian elliot
January 9th, 2019, 10:09
Is there a FS9 tex you like ?, let me know if it works :wavey:

BendyFlyer
January 9th, 2019, 20:46
Yes you can get the FS9 Capt Sim liveries to work in FSX but you will have to some conversions. There was a thread on which ones on the Capt Sim site about doing this I cannot find it but I kept a hard copy and made some notes as I went. Bear in mind this was for the 707 the C130 may be slightly different:

I would first just load the texture folder into the aircraft folder and make the necessary aircraft config entries. Load up FSX and select the aircraft in details and see what shows up, the texture areas that need to be fixed will be black.

From memory it was mostly the fuselage areas that were a problem and wings etc were ok but each one can be different, this is the best way to work out what textures you need to change.

From my notes it was the files: b1, b2, b5, b6 plus a new thumbnail that needed to be changed.

[Quote: you need DXTBmp by Martin Wright.
First, convert the dds. or extended bmp file into 24 bit bmp.files
Or open the file with DXTBmp and send to your paint program.
Then save as bmp image
reopen in DXtBmp, flip the image
apply alpha to the image,
and then save again as extended bitmap say DXT3 with alpha]

In my notes I also have b1 and b2 should be saved as DXT3 with Alpha and b5 and b6 saved as Dxt1 with no alpha. I cannot remember why this is!

Make sure you keep the file naming convention the same. When your finished make up a copy of the texture file. Put your new textures into this copy file and added to your sim model file in FSX. You will also probably need to make a copy of another texture.cfg file from one of the ones that work and put that in the folder as well.

Other than that there may some folk over at the Capt Sim forum who can assist.

jeansy
January 9th, 2019, 20:49
Yes you can get the FS9 Capt Sim liveries to work in FSX but you will have to some conversions. There was a thread on which ones on the Capt Sim site about doing this I cannot find it but I kept a hard copy and made some notes as I went. Bear in mind this was for the 707 the C130 may be slightly different:

I would first just load the texture folder into the aircraft folder and make the necessary aircraft config entries. Load up FSX and select the aircraft in details and see what shows up, the texture areas that need to be fixed will be black.

From memory it was mostly the fuselage areas that were a problem and wings etc were ok but each one can be different, this is the best way to work out what textures you need to change.

From my notes it was the files: b1, b2, b5, b6 plus a new thumbnail that needed to be changed.

[Quote: you need DXTBmp by Martin Wright.
First, convert the dds. or extended bmp file into 24 bit bmp.files
Or open the file with DXTBmp and send to your paint program.
Then save as bmp image
reopen in DXtBmp, flip the image
apply alpha to the image,
and then save again as extended bitmap say DXT3 with alpha]

In my notes I also have b1 and b2 should be saved as DXT3 with Alpha and b5 and b6 saved as Dxt1 with no alpha. I cannot remember why this is!

Make sure you keep the file naming convention the same. When your finished make up a copy of the texture file. Put your new textures into this copy file and added to your sim model file in FSX. You will also probably need to make a copy of another texture.cfg file from one of the ones that work and put that in the folder as well.

Other than that there may some folk over at the Capt Sim forum who can assist.

you dont need to convert them to .dds, extended .bmps work just fine in FSX

BendyFlyer
January 10th, 2019, 01:57
Matt, correct! Either are fine. Just in the habit of doing stuff these days into direct draw surfaces. Sheesh.

Aharon
January 10th, 2019, 09:51
Is there a FS9 tex you like ?, let me know if it works :wavey:

After reading too complex instructions and hard to understand explanations on how to covert FS9 to FSX for Captain Sim C-130, I think I am passing the suggestion of converting FS9 to FSX and keep looking for FSX liveries :) :) :biggrin-new:

Regards,

Aharon

BendyFlyer
January 12th, 2019, 02:58
Aaron, if you let me know which livery it is you want and have that needs changing I am happy to do it for you I have the Captain Sim C-130.

Duckie
January 12th, 2019, 09:00
David Sweetman (DAX) also did a 1st Air that converts nicely to FSX.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66422&stc=1

Aharon
January 13th, 2019, 07:05
Aaron, if you let me know which livery it is you want and have that needs changing I am happy to do it for you I have the Captain Sim C-130.

BendyFlyer,

Thanks for your kindness. I will look for Pacific Western livery for FS9 to be converted to FSX by you.

Duckie,

If it is NOT against copyright laws and NOT against SOH regulations, can you please be kind enough to send me that First Air livery, please?

Regards,

Aharon

Duckie
January 13th, 2019, 07:27
Thanks for your kindness. I will look for Pacific Western livery for FS9 to be converted to FSX by you.

Duckie,

If it is NOT against copyright laws and NOT against SOH regulations, can you please be kind enough to send me that First Air livery, please?

Regards,

Aharon

Ahaon, I'll PM you in a bit.

Aharon
January 13th, 2019, 07:53
Ahaon, I'll PM you in a bit.

Thanks! :applause::applause::very_drunk::very_drunk:

Aharon
January 15th, 2019, 06:16
Thanks to Duckie's kindness, the problem for search of First Air has been solved.

Now anybody has Nathan Phillip's Pacific Western livery please?

I just discovered that USAF used super shiny metallic liveries for first production of C-130 with three blade propellers. Captain Sims has one metal shine livery in FSX package that I have. I am wondering if any of you would know and tell me where I can find more super shiny metallic liveries of USAF for first production of C-130 with three blade propellers, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Aharon
January 18th, 2019, 06:26
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Thanks to SOH member's kindness, the problem for search of Pacific Western livery has been solved.

I just discovered that USAF used super shiny metallic liveries for first production of C-130 with three blade propellers. Captain Sims has one metal shine livery in FSX package that I have. I am wondering if any of you would know and tell me where I can find more super shiny metallic liveries of USAF for first production of C-130 with three or four blade propellers, please?

Thanks,

Aharon