PDA

View Full Version : If this Desn't Take the Cake

jmig
February 20th, 2009, 05:25
I posted a few days ago that I couldn't get the T-45C MFD's to come on. Someone asked me if I had Acceleration? I knew I did and replied as such.

Well, that got me to thinking. I have been having the very same problem with Aerosoft's F-16. It had started when I applied the 1.2 update. The MFD and HUD would not come on. I had tried reloading it a couple of times but no joy. Because I have been busy with other things I haven't had the time to really dig into it and just flew other airplanes.

So, I decided to see if the Acceleration F-18 would work. Dragged it out of the hanger into the sunlight. Guess what? Someone had robbed the darn MFDs. They weren't even there. Just holes in the panel, where they should be.

Huh??? Dug up the Accelleration CD and did a repair. No joy! Deleted it and reinstalled. Now FSX keeps CTDing on me.

Ain't FSX fun? I have know HIGH maintence women who weren't as much trouble and a lot more fun when they worked.

harleyman
February 20th, 2009, 05:50
Have you tried to restore back in time?

That is odd that a repair caused this...

I feel your pain..I had ongoing troubles for months but finally tracked down the culprit I think...

Bone
February 20th, 2009, 05:54
I haven't had your exact problem, but I have had other update/download issues that resulted in an equal calamity. Sometimes, I think FSX runs on Nitroglycerin.

Navy Chief
February 20th, 2009, 06:14
Same problem for me many months ago. Ended up doing complete reinstall. I hope you find solution that is easier!

NC

quantumleap
February 20th, 2009, 07:12
I have been having the very same problem with Aerosoft's F-16. It had started when I applied the 1.2 update. The MFD and HUD would not come on.

Was this for all of the F-16's? I had the same issue when I tried the 1.2 update but it only happened for the 'demonstration' versions of the F-16 like the Thunderbirds one. The AeroSoft support forum indicates that others saw the same issue. I just went back to their 1.11 update.

I decided to see if the Acceleration F-18 would work. Dragged it out of the hanger into the sunlight. Guess what? Someone had robbed the darn MFDs. They weren't even there. Just holes in the panel, where they should be.

This may actually be a different issue as you would see this if there is a corruption of the FSX SimConnect module.

Jeff

jmig
February 20th, 2009, 07:40
Was this for all of the F-16's? I had the same issue when I tried the 1.2 update but it only happened for the 'demonstration' versions of the F-16 like the Thunderbirds one. The AeroSoft support forum indicates that others saw the same issue. I just went back to their 1.11 update.

This may actually be a different issue as you would see this if there is a corruption of the FSX SimConnect module.

Jeff

Hummmm Thanks Jeff. I will look into this. I never used the Demo versions of the F-16. I flew the TBird and Shaw heavyweight models. They had problems.