PDA

View Full Version : Is there a similar util available for FSX?

aeronca1
December 31st, 2018, 10:34
Hello all,

I used to use Aircraft Container Manager in FS9 way back when to look at and sometimes adjust aircraft. I am now running FSX Steam and was wondering if there was an equivalent program available. Thanks in advance.

falcon409
December 31st, 2018, 12:54
Hello all,

I used to use Aircraft Container Manager in FS9 way back when to look at and sometimes adjust aircraft. I am now running FSX Steam and was wondering if there was an equivalent program available. Thanks in advance.
As far as I know. . .no. That was the single best program ever developed for making adjustments to virtually every area of an airframe. The best ever for positioning exterior lighting, correcting contact points adjusting CG and so on. Over the years I've asked the same question you have and the only answer I got was that someone was working on an update. Never said who, never said when or if it would ever be released. At this point, if it's available. . .no one is saying anything.

hairyspin
December 31st, 2018, 14:09
The original developer said he was working on a version for FSX and then disappeared. Hasn’t been heard of since 2010.

aeronca1
January 1st, 2019, 04:36
It's really too bad. ACM was an excellent product for simmers. Given the above info, I resign myself to going back to the hit and miss method of making changes. Sigh.

DaveWG
January 1st, 2019, 04:55
MCX can be used to make changes contact points and smoke / light positions.