PDA

View Full Version : HMS Bounty - FSX Native

Milton Shupe
December 24th, 2018, 19:55
Heavy lifting about done, important things working now, just a matter of cleanup and testing.

For P3Dv4, Rob Barendregt has promised 64-bit code when ready (which is now), so hopefully we will be good to go there.

Likely available after Jan 1, 2019 to allow sufficient testing across platforms.

Fun again in a truly low and slow way.

Was just hanging out with AI on this test; too much fun? What's that mean?

PhantomTweak
December 24th, 2018, 21:51
That thing is looking GREAT!
Can't wait for it to come out :D

Pat☺

Milton Shupe
December 25th, 2018, 06:27
Fully wind-driven ... sail-able :-)

blanston12
December 25th, 2018, 07:15
Absolutely amazing Milton, you work fast, we were not expecting this for some time.

Very much looking forward to this one.

Milton Shupe
December 25th, 2018, 07:39
Absolutely amazing Milton, you work fast, we were not expecting this for some time.

Very much looking forward to this one.

LOL Yes, well, I have been buried deep in the Lodestar, Avia 56 series, and the Fleet 50K series converting to FSX native, and a FS9 update for the Fleet 50K.

So, with the same work ethic (10-14 hours per day). I jumped into the Bounty and started grinding through the custom xml (850+ lines of code), the many animations and parts with visibility tags and with a few exceptions, it has gone amazingly quickly. Thanks to some of the guys over at FSDeveloper.com for shaking out some cobwebs for me.

With the bulk of the technical stuff done, I can hopefully get through the rest of it and get a beta test out in a week or so.

Milton Shupe
December 25th, 2018, 07:56
For those who have not experienced the FS9 Bounty or used the FSX Port Over that works flawlessly, the manual describing the product and its functions, sail management, and features is attached. A little reading while waiting will help prepare you to fully appreciate the product.

Penzoil3
December 25th, 2018, 13:39
Looking forward to this. I missed her in P3D 4.
Thanks
Sue

rcbarend
December 25th, 2018, 14:14
Hi Milton,

If you can provide me with a Beta (when you are finished for FSX), I can test it fully in FSX Accel for any strange things.
After all, I know exactly what to look for ...LoL

I can then also add the replacement IPC gauges (32bit and 64bit) and 64bit XMLsound gauge.
The only thing I'm curious about if the sailing tweaks works exactly the same in P3Dv4 as in FSX.
Like we had to apply different tweaks for FS9 and FSX ( especially wrt. roll behavior as a result of induced lateral speed).

Cheers, Rob

MrZippy
December 25th, 2018, 14:23
Looks great,Milton:applause: Can't wait to set off some canon salutes.:wavey:

Milton Shupe
December 25th, 2018, 15:19
Looking forward to this. I missed her in P3D 4.
Thanks
Sue

Thanks Sue; once Rob (see below post) provides the 64-bit code, I think she will be fine in your sim. :wavey:

Milton Shupe
December 25th, 2018, 15:21
Hi Milton,

If you can provide me with a Beta (when you are finished for FSX), I can test it fully in FSX Accel for any strange things.
After all, I know exactly what to look for ...LoL

I can then also add the replacement IPC gauges (32bit and 64bit) and 64bit XMLsound gauge.
The only thing I'm curious about if the sailing tweaks works exactly the same in P3Dv4 as in FSX.
Like we had to apply different tweaks for FS9 and FSX ( especially wrt. roll behavior as a result of induced lateral speed).

Cheers, Rob

Rob, thank you. I converted the FSX port over version so I have seen no issues wrt wind or lateral speed responses.

I will send you a link shortly.

Milton Shupe
December 29th, 2018, 19:40
The Bounty Package is ready to be tested (as soon as I upload it). I would like to have some P3Dv4+ users who are familiar with the package and its performance and wind responses in FSXA or early P3D versions to test for like responses, especially in higher winds, 16, 24, 30+ etc.

Just chime in here if you meet the criteria above and have the interest and time.

I will upload Sunday mid-day likely (UTC -7 time zone) so around UTC 1700

EDIT: Yes, the package will also be available for other sim users who would like to test against their sim and systems. :-) Thank you

Thanks to Rob Barendregt for all the custom programming and P3Dv4 64-bit necessities.
Thanks to Spokes2112 for helping out with some of the 850+ lines of xml code conversions, and some neat tick18 universal replacement code.

blanston12
December 30th, 2018, 07:53
I would love to but the time you said you would upload is the same time I promised to help SWMBO that I would help clean and take down the XMAS decorations, so I would like to test, but will do so over the next couple of days.

Milton Shupe
December 30th, 2018, 08:57
I would love to but the time you said you would upload is the same time I promised to help SWMBO that I would help clean and take down the XMAS decorations, so I would like to test, but will do so over the next couple of days.

Thanks Blanston12.

I am not looking for immediate testing and results. I hope to release the final product next weekend if no major issues are found. As this is a conversion of a proven product, I do not expect major issues.

Thanks

EDIT: I will be uploading shortly and the package should be available to all who would like to try it.

Milton Shupe
December 30th, 2018, 09:26
The Bounty package is now available:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=113995

spokes2112
December 30th, 2018, 10:31
Fantastic Milton!
Glad you got her all squared away.. Do you have any hair left? hehe
Thanks for the New Years Gift.

Happy New Year to you sir!

Milton Shupe
December 30th, 2018, 15:03
Fantastic Milton!
Glad you got her all squared away.. Do you have any hair left? hehe
Thanks for the New Years Gift.

Happy New Year to you sir!

LOL Turned out easier than I thought (after your help) once I got my head on straight. :-)

MZee1960
January 5th, 2019, 14:58
Heavy lifting about done, important things working now, just a matter of cleanup and testing.

For P3Dv4, Rob Barendregt has promised 64-bit code when ready (which is now), so hopefully we will be good to go there.

Likely available after Jan 1, 2019 to allow sufficient testing across platforms.

Fun again in a truly low and slow way.

Was just hanging out with AI on this test; too much fun? What's that mean?

Hi Milton,

Thank-you, for this beauty !

Just one question, is there somewhere I can look which describes how to make this or other pilotable FSX ships AI ?

Milton Shupe
January 5th, 2019, 15:36
Hi Milton,

Thank-you, for this beauty !

Just one question, is there somewhere I can look which describes how to make this or other pilotable FSX ships AI ?

You are welcome Sir. Happy that you are enjoying it.

I have an AI version (attached) set up that I've been using for years.
It has both a static (no sails) and a sails version for routes.
This is an FSX setup although it uses the FS9 version (no discernable difference for FSX).
For P3D users, you can substitute the FSX native version I guess, I have no way to test that.

EDIT: I am not an AI person although I set this one up just looking at working examples. So, I cannot answer your question directly, other than look at the SDK.

EDIT 2: Found a model that indicates P3D so attaching it as well. It's just the model folder to replace the existing one in the other attachment.

Milton Shupe
January 5th, 2019, 16:07
Bob (that's all the name I have) set up an AI route, (maybe more than one) back when I originally released this for FS9 and FSX as a port over.
This is the package he posted for me to install.
It contains the "stuff" to get it working - bgl's etc.
Maybe you can make sense of it.

One route is between Friday Harbor W33 and W39 on the other side of the island. I see the AI all the time when I test out of Friday Harbor.

MZee1960
January 5th, 2019, 16:47
Bob (that's all the name I have) set up an AI route, (maybe more than one) back when I originally released this for FS9 and FSX as a port over.
This is the package he posted for me to install.
It contains the "stuff" to get it working - bgl's etc.
Maybe you can make sense of it.

One route is between Friday Harbor W33 and W39 on the other side of the island. I see the AI all the time when I test out of Friday Harbor.

Thank-you, Milton, for the AI and static models.

I was just looking to see how to 'find' the HMS Bounty (AI and the static version) once installed in the FSX/SimObjects/Boats subfolder.
I will put in your .bgl file in Scenery/World/Scenery folder as indicated in the 'readme' and hopefully I will see it at the stated times in that location.
I will try to figure out how to 'place' the static model in a place I visit frequently.
Larry Robinson over at Orbx has done AI route plans for a while and his posts may help me in deciphering how AI routes are done - it would be nice to do custom route plans, for planes ships etc .
I am also not an AI expert, but your AI HMS Bounty models were just too nice to pass up and sure would also look terrific in the Tropics (NSTU region), or New England (KACK region), just to mention two.

jmbiii
January 5th, 2019, 18:25
The FSX AI ones work fine in P3Dv3. I've redone the textures to make the Bounty into the Black Pearl and use it with AI Carriers. Loads of fun :pirate:!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66276&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66275&stc=1

MZee1960
January 5th, 2019, 22:21
The Black Pearl sure looks nice, @jmbiii !

I just installed my AI version, and all seems to be working fine. Thank-you, Milton, for your help with this one.

iflyfsx214
January 6th, 2019, 01:19
The FSX AI ones work fine in P3Dv3. I've redone the textures to make the Bounty into the Black Pearl and use it with AI Carriers. Loads of fun :pirate:!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66276&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66275&stc=1

That's an amazing looking Pearl, are the files going to be available for download

MZee1960
January 6th, 2019, 14:37
Great idea @jmbiii about using the AI Carriers method for AI ship routes/location planning - I have to follow-up with further research on this program.

Thank-you, for mentioning it here.

jmbiii
January 6th, 2019, 15:22
That's an amazing looking Pearl, are the files going to be available for download

If it's all right with Milton, I will upload the "repaint". No Captain Jack Sparrow tho'.

Milton Shupe
January 6th, 2019, 15:31
If it's all right with Milton, I will upload the "repaint". No Captain Jack Sparrow tho'.

No problem; thank you for the contribution. :-)

stearmandriver
January 6th, 2019, 16:16
Great idea @jmbiii about using the AI Carriers method for AI ship routes/location planning - I have to follow-up with further research on this program.

Thank-you, for mentioning it here.

Hrm, great idea. This theoretically means that it would be tacpac-destroyable, right? I've never had the urge to strafe a tall ship with a Hornet... before now.

But actually, I just want to learn to sail it and then make a long blue-water crossing using dead reckoning and the rudimentary celestial techniques they had. Maybe do a little "running down the latitude" action. :applause:

MZee1960
January 6th, 2019, 17:00

Yes ! I'd love to have this one added to my collection ! Thank-you.

kdl
January 7th, 2019, 03:56
The installation of the below attached "BOB AI.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66274&d=1546736735) " causes my P3Dv4.4 to CTD without any warning.
Most likely the problem is in the traffic file "traffic_HMS_Bounty.bgl"

I used the "AI Flightplanner" to check this file. When trying to open a message comes up:
"This does not appear to be a valid traffic data file"

Is this probably an old FS9 file?

Dieter

jmbiii
January 7th, 2019, 05:14
Dieter,

I just D/L your zip file and decompiled the HMS Bounty traffic file with aibtc. (An AI boat traffic file can't be read with an aircraft AI compiler.)
Every thing looks okay to be a boat traffic file with one exception. The 'Boats" text file calls for AC#1,14,"HMS Bounty AI with Sails".
I believe the title should be AC#1,14,"AI_HMS_Bounty".
My [fltsim.0] entry for the AI Bounty reads:

[fltsim.0]
title=AI_HMS_Bounty
model=sails
texture=
ui_manufacturer=Milton Shupe and friends
ui_type=A true legend

I will compile and post a 'revised' file for you to try.

Joe

EDIT: I just looked at the V2 and there's no AI model.

kdl
January 7th, 2019, 06:07
Thank you so far.
Posting #19 has an AI model
AI_HMSBounty.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66272&d=1546735004)

Dieter

Milton Shupe
January 7th, 2019, 06:22
The installation of the below attached "BOB AI.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66274&d=1546736735) " causes my P3Dv4.4 to CTD without any warning.

I used the "AI Flightplanner" to check this file. When trying to open a message comes up:

Dieter

I believe it is FSX as that is where I have it running and it has a sim.cfg file contained in it.
Sorry, I cannot speak to P3D as I do not have it.

jmbiii
January 7th, 2019, 07:57
Thanks, didn't see post #19. :stupid: Any how I'll update my files and post the Black Pearl paint in a bit - and the Bounty AI file.
FS 2004 Other (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=8)
Milton, do I vaguely remember you were making or made the Bounty's launch ? Found it.

Milton Shupe
January 7th, 2019, 10:29
Thanks, didn't see post #19. :stupid: Any how I'll update my files and post the Black Pearl paint in a bit - and the Bounty AI file.

Milton, do I vaguely remember you were making or made the Bounty's launch ?

Sail-able version, yes, FS9 and FSX versions.

FS9 version: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=106669
FSX version: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=106668

jmbiii
January 8th, 2019, 18:05

Dieter

Dieter,

After downloading the latest Bounty FSX and AI Bounty, I found the 'BOB AI files work fine. Most likely gonna be something with v4.4, jus like Milton said.
I'm using v3.4. Ran the traffic files and 'rendezvoused' with the AI Bounty off of Rockaway Point.

https://i.imgur.com/CymhMRV.jpg

Milton Shupe
January 8th, 2019, 19:14
Okay, re: P3DV4+, I have done some testing with the FSX native model as AI. It works fine in FSX as AI except that I have to set it up for sails or static. I should have it available Wednesday as a replacement of the one I released earlier. This one should work in P3Dv4 as well.

kdl
January 9th, 2019, 00:58
Ok, thanks for all these informations!
I will wait until Milton publishes his new AI version.

Dieter

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2019, 08:19
I have set up a new FSX native AI package for the Bounty.

The set up is the same as before but the models and textures are FSX native.

If you installed the previous AI_HMSBounty package, this will be a direct replacement (assuming you made no changes). Just drop it in your FSX/P3D setup. Save your current package as you wish.

Both the AI (schedule-able) and static (scenery) models have changed.

nigel richards
January 9th, 2019, 09:25
Congratulations on launching the native goodship on her maiden voyage, Milton :-)

This was surely one of the most pleasurable and memorable projects I have had the honour to work with you during its original development.

I still have the original 2048 x 2048 layered Photoshop files should they be of any use to anyone. :-)

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 11:38
Congratulations on launching the native goodship on her maiden voyage, Milton :-)

This was surely one of the most pleasurable and memorable projects I have had the honour to work with you during its original development.

I still have the original 2048 x 2048 layered Photoshop files should they be of any use to anyone. :-)

Darn, Nigel, I could have really used them a couple of weeks ago :biggrin-new: . I'll send you a pm with my email address. I would like to fix a few things on my repaint.

Joe

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2019, 12:07

Nigel,

I thought sure you uploaded a Paint Kit for the Bounty/Endeavor/Beagle but I cannot find it now. :banghead:
Was going to upload my copy and I can't find that either. :dizzy:

MZee1960
January 9th, 2019, 12:31
I found some here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/94239-Five-HMS-Bounty-AI-Traffic-Files-zip?p=956703&viewfull=1#post956703

Thank-you, @familton .

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 12:35
Thanks MZee, I'm gonna turn the Pearl loose with these once I edit.

MZee1960
January 9th, 2019, 12:59
Thanks MZee, I'm gonna turn the Pearl loose with these once I edit.

I really wish there were more.

I would really love to see her AI version sailing in the NSTU (Pago Pago, American Samoa) region, where I enjoy the low and slow water sports regularly, as shown below (Orbx scenery). In the meantime, I am still trying to decipher how to manually install and use AI Carriers, lol ! I'm not a programmer, although I think I should have taken up the profession well before starting this hobby.

https://i.imgur.com/hc00yJi.jpg

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 13:52
I'm at work right now, but will make up a traffic file for a cruise around Orbx's Pago Pago when I get home.:loyal:

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2019, 14:22
Let me know if the new FSX native package works for you, or not please:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/113934-HMS-Bounty-FSX-Native?p=1169928&viewfull=1#post1169928

Also, don't forget you can add the other 5 liveries to this package.

You only need the main_t, the two sailfront/sailrear textures, the unionjack512-256 plus a texture.cfg for each livery.

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2019, 14:27
I found some here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/94239-Five-HMS-Bounty-AI-Traffic-Files-zip?p=956703&viewfull=1#post956703

Thank-you, @familton .

Ah, yes, now I recall; that's where BOB AI came from. LOL That's what I have installed. Indeed, job well done.

MZee1960
January 9th, 2019, 15:50
I'm at work right now, but will make up a traffic file for a cruise around Orbx's Pago Pago when I get home.:loyal:

She will feel right at home here ! I often fly amongst the 17 islands in this region and no classic tall ships in sight. Thank-you ! :applause:

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2019, 20:15
Nigel,

I thought sure you uploaded a Paint Kit for the Bounty/Endeavor/Beagle but I cannot find it now. :banghead:
Was going to upload my copy and I can't find that either. :dizzy:

Found Nigel's HMS Bounty Paint Kit:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=75678&sort=d

blanston12
January 9th, 2019, 22:26
I have been sailing her around and quite like her, have not found too many issues with her. I am using P3dv4.4. The one thing I can say about her is that she is hard on the frame rates. Especially when you push time compression up. At 1x she moves along on my rig in the 24-27fps, but at 4x it drops to less than 1. But given that she is for the slower pace of life I can't complain too much. It would be nice to have a VC view point on the bow but I can probably figure that out on my own.

Thanks Milton.

nigel richards
January 9th, 2019, 23:29
Found Nigel's HMS Bounty Paint Kit:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=75678&sort=d

Good catch, Sir. :-)

I will prepare a set of 2048 x 2048 textures (main_t, hullinner, sailsfront, sailsrear) for each livery for you as mentioned via e-mail.

Milton Shupe
January 10th, 2019, 05:46
I have been sailing her around and quite like her, have not found too many issues with her. I am using P3dv4.4. The one thing I can say about her is that she is hard on the frame rates. Especially when you push time compression up. At 1x she moves along on my rig in the 24-27fps, but at 4x it drops to less than 1. But given that she is for the slower pace of life I can't complain too much. It would be nice to have a VC view point on the bow but I can probably figure that out on my own.

Thanks Milton.

Okay Joe, let's see if I can process this:

1) I ... quite like her
2) ... have not found too many issues with her.
3) ... she is hard on the frame rates
4) ... at 4x it drops to less than 1 [fps]
5) ... I can't complain too much.
6) ... It would be nice to have a VC view point on the bow but I can probably figure that out on my own.

Coming from you Joe, I'll take this as a compliment. :-)

Just as an aside, my 9.5 year old computer with 768MB Ram GTX260 (also 10 years old) gets 37fps. EDIT: Checked at 4X sim rate = 27-28fps

gray eagle
January 11th, 2019, 05:25
Milton,

Is there a reason why the AI files for the Bounty go to the /Aircraft folder rather then in the /Boats folder? Just trying to understand all this. It will work in both for me.

Thanks

Milton Shupe
January 11th, 2019, 05:46
Milton,

Is there a reason why the AI files for the Bounty go to the /Aircraft folder rather then in the /Boats folder? Just trying to understand all this. It will work in both for me.

Thanks

Gray Eagle, I do not know as I have not invested time in AI.

I have my AI aircraft and Bounty folders in the Airplanes folder.

I'm sure someone here will enlighten us. :-)

llanning08
January 11th, 2019, 10:58
I moved HMS Bounty to the SimObjects > Boats folder when I first installed it in May 2015. Seems to work okay. I have all my ships and boats located or relocated to the Boats folder. If there's a problem, I just haven't seen it.

gray eagle
January 11th, 2019, 14:26
Looking at contents of FSXlaunch.zip appears to be a driveable dingy. How can this be made compatible
with AI Carriers?

https://i.postimg.cc/CKBDLHQ5/exterior-port-bow.jpg

rcbarend
January 11th, 2019, 15:13
I moved HMS Bounty to the SimObjects > Boats folder when I first installed it in May 2015. Seems to work okay. I have all my ships and boats located or relocated to the Boats folder. If there's a problem, I just haven't seen it.
By itself, it doesn't matter whether you install a boat/airplane/helicopter in either the ../SimObjects/Airplanes/ , ../SimObjects/Boats/ or ../SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ folder.
FSX (by default, defined in the fsx.cfg file) searches all these folders for aircraft.cfg files.
You can even install an aircraft/boat/etc. in ANY folder, provided you add the search path to it in the fsx.cfg file.

Be carefull however when you install a "flyable" addon to another place then suggested by the designer.
Because there may be gauges / config files in the addon that uses "absolute" path names (relative to the main FSX folder).
In that cases, the addon may not work.

But for the Bounty addon, its not a problem.
If you like, you could even add it to the
../SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ folder ...LoL . It would still work.

Rob

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 03:40
By itself, it doesn't matter whether you install a boat/airplane/helicopter in either the ../SimObjects/Airplanes/ , ../SimObjects/Boats/ or ../SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ folder.
FSX (by default, defined in the fsx.cfg file) searches all these folders for aircraft.cfg files.
You can even install an aircraft/boat/etc. in ANY folder, provided you add the search path to it in the fsx.cfg file.

Be carefull however when you install a "flyable" addon to another place then suggested by the designer.
Because there may be gauges / config files in the addon that uses "absolute" path names (relative to the main FSX folder).
In that cases, the addon may not work.

But for the Bounty addon, its not a problem.
If you like, you could even add it to the
../SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ folder ...LoL . It would still work.

Rob

I wasn't so much concerned as to where to install it i.e boats or airplanes. My concern was that the files included, suggest that this is a driveable craft as I'm interested only
adding it as an AI to AI Carriers. Some of the files will have to stripped (not required for AI) so just wanted to know how to convert it from driveable to AI status.

Seahawk72s
January 12th, 2019, 05:41
Sail-able version, yes, FS9 and FSX versions.

FS9 version: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=106669
FSX version: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=106668

Are there plans for the launch to undergo FSX native conversion..?
Or for the transom to gain texture..?

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 05:49
I finally got the Bounty Launch to work in AI. Although currently, this isn't FSX native, I am using it in P3D V3.4 it looks to be a sitting a little high above the water.

https://i.postimg.cc/8cfnTgdn/Capture.jpg

zswobbie1
January 12th, 2019, 05:50
And the Bounty scenery?

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2019, 06:20
Are there plans for the launch to undergo FSX native conversion..?
Or for the transom to gain texture..?

No, not yet. The Launch project was part of Nigel's scenery project.

It's mapping and textures are temporary. The boat had been remapped for textures but they have not been re-done.

As such, there are no plans to convert to FSX until the original project is completed.

Remember, I gave you an alpha release 2 years ago to play. That is the last of it until the next phase is completed.

Water in the boat, or any aircraft/vehicle in the water in the exterior view is normal. Check aircraft like the Mallard or Goose, you will see that in exterior view.

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2019, 06:25
I finally got the Bounty Launch to work in AI. Although currently, this isn't FSX native, I am using it in P3D V3.4 it looks to be a sitting a little high above the water.

https://i.postimg.cc/8cfnTgdn/Capture.jpg

Check the sim.cfg for the AI Launch for this section and adjust accordingly:

[contact_points]
static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=6.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

If that does not correct it, change the same statement in the aircraft.cfg.

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 06:59
I made adjustments accordingly - Still riding high:

From Aircraft.cfg:
[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 5

point.0=4, 3.635, -2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00,

point.1=4, 3.635, 2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00,

point.2=4, -10.66, -2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00,

point.3=4, -10.66, 2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00,

static_pitch = 0
///static_cg_height = 2
/static_cg_height = 6
gear_system_type = 4

From Sim.cfg
[contact_points]

https://i.postimg.cc/SxQNVm6h/stilhigh.jpg

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2019, 07:44
The CG_Height should be around 2.4', not 6'. That was just an example from the Bounty.

The launch has this statement:

static_cg_height = 2

That should be correct.

Here are the contact points I have for the sailable Launch:

[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 5

point.0=4, 3.635, -2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00
point.1=4, 3.635, 2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00
point.2=4, -10.66, -2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00
point.3=4, -10.66, 2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00

static_pitch = 0
static_cg_height = 2
gear_system_type = 4

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 08:41
I made adjustments accordingly - Still riding high:

From Aircraft.cfg:
[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 5

point.0=4, 3.635, -2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00,

point.1=4, 3.635, 2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00,

point.2=4, -10.66, -2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00,

point.3=4, -10.66, 2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00,

static_pitch = 0
///static_cg_height = 2
/static_cg_height = 6
gear_system_type = 4

From Sim.cfg
[contact_points]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I went with what you had in RED of 6 in both mentioned files -
Now again, I changed those values to "2"

Sim.cfg

[fltsim.0]
title=HMS Bounty Launch
model=
texture=

[General]
category=Boat

[contact_points]
static_cg_height=2.0
///static_cg_height=6.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 50
acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
SternPosition = 50

[Effects]
wake = fx_wake_l

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Aircraft.cfg

[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 5

point.0=4, 3.635, -2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00
point.1=4, 3.635, 2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00
point.2=4, -10.66, -2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00
point.3=4, -10.66, 2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00

static_pitch = 0
static_cg_height = 2
gear_system_type = 4

Results are same:

https://i.postimg.cc/rsrkjCNd/still-lhigh.jpg

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2019, 09:29
I assume you tried restarting the sim????
Is this the only copy you have of the Launch in either the airplanes or Boats folders?

Other than that, no clue.

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 10:39
I assume you tried restarting the sim????
Is this the only copy you have of the Launch in either the airplanes or Boats folders?

Other than that, no clue.

Yes and Yes. I place any boat stuff in Boats folder only.
I have a folder AI_Bounty and another Bounty Launch. Both in Boats folder....
Could it be adjustments needed in the Contact_Points section?
Something related to this?
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/41593-aircraft-wheels-not-on-the-ground/

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 10:42
I stumbled onto this from another forum and thought maybe this may be relevant somehow:

Ignore the static_cg_height, it is only used in Slew Mode.

1.000000= the class of the point, 1=wheel. This is what we want, there should be 3 of them. If you find a bunch more than that, post the whole [Contact Points] section in a reply.

22.166667,0.000000,-4.916667= the location of the wheels in the following order- for/aft, right/left, up/down. The red one is what we want to change.

That value is the distance, in feet, between the aircraft reference datum and the ground. Ignore the "-" sign.

To raise the vehicle we need more distance between the datum and the ground, make the number bigger.

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 11:10
In my #59 I was interested in converting this driveable Launch into an AI mode. I concocted my on sim.cfg file and soon discovered that the launch was
viable in AI Carriers only it sits too high off water.

This is the current contents

[fltsim.0]
title=HMS Bounty Launch
model=
texture=

[General]
category=Boat

[contact_points]
static_pitch=-0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=0.0
///static_cg_height=6.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 50
acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
SternPosition = 50

[Effects]
wake = fx_wake_l

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 12:59
I've renamed the aircraft.cfg file to a .bak extension. I Borrowed from a True AI ship in P3D V3.4 the contents of the sim.cfg and re titled it accordingly and it
sill hovers a few feet above the water. All of my True payware and freeware AI ships do NOT have Aircraft .cfg file. I suspect that was intended for a pilotable
version. which would make sense.
In AI carriers, I made just a "Launch" (dingy boat) selection in the AI Carriers menu and it too shows hovering above the water.

Would like to know if any P3D V3/4 users have this problem?

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2019, 14:06
I've renamed the aircraft.cfg file to a .bak extension. I Borrowed from a True AI ship in P3D V3.4 the contents of the sim.cfg and re titled it accordingly and it
sill hovers a few feet above the water. All of my True payware and freeware AI ships do NOT have Aircraft .cfg file. I suspect that was intended for a pilotable
version. which would make sense.
In AI carriers, I made just a "Launch" (dingy boat) selection in the AI Carriers menu and it too shows hovering above the water.

Would like to know if any P3D V3/4 users have this problem?

My apologies; this head cold or allergies has me clogged up and fogs my thinking.

You will need to change these "vertical distance to ground" parameters to set the height:

[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 5

point.0=4, 3.635, -2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00 //front left of boat
point.1=4, 3.635, 2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00 //front right of boat
point.2=4, -10.66, -2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00 //rear left of boat
point.3=4, -10.66, 2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00 //rear right of boat

static_pitch = 0
static_cg_height = -2.10 // change this to be at least 0.2 higher than the red number above
gear_system_type = 4

gray eagle
January 12th, 2019, 15:09
Sorry Milton you've got the stuff going around - I just got over it a couple weeks ago. Sure went thru the Kleenex.

Anyway, I tried your last suggestion and as you can see - no joy. I am showing contents of sim.cfg and Aircraft.cfg files.
IMHO, I don't think the aircraft.cfg is required for any AI aircraft/boats - I've managed to make them work without with it.

https://i.postimg.cc/tgGFL8DD/launch.jpg

Sim.cfg contents:

[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 5

point.0=4, 3.635, -2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00 //front left of boat
point.1=4, 3.635, 2.170, -2.30, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00 //front right of boat
point.2=4, -10.66, -2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2, 0.00, 0.00 //rear left of boat
point.3=4, -10.66, 2.735, -2.60, 3000, 0, 0.00, 5.00, 0.25, 1.60, 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 3, 0.00, 0.00 //rear right of boat

static_pitch = 0
static_cg_height = -2.15 // change this to be at least 0.2 higher than the red number above
gear_system_type = 4

Aircraft.cfg contents

[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 5

static_pitch = 0
static_cg_height = -2.15 // change this to be at least 0.2 higher than the red number above - I did change this to current value.
gear_system_type = 4

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2019, 15:22
I wanted you to change the 4 contact points (in red) to more positive number ....

You can start at 0.00 and go more positive if necessary.

As you change them, you must change the static height so it is a little more positive than the contact points vertical distance #s.

blanston12
January 17th, 2019, 19:59
Is anyone else using the beauty in P3Dv4? If so how are your frame rates? How about at 4x time compression?

Milton Shupe
January 17th, 2019, 20:27
Is anyone else using the beauty in P3Dv4? If so how are your frame rates? How about at 4x time compression?

Joe,

Just wanted to double check with you on two things:

1) did you follow the special instructions for P3DV4 users and copy the panel.cfg over?:

ATTENTION P3DV4+ Users:

Copy the panel.cfg from the "P3DV4 Users" folder to the "Panel" folder to activate the 64-bit code.
You may wish to rename the original before saving.

2) The 64-bit gauge requires the VS2015 Redistributable to be installed on the user PC .. See comment in the panel.cfg.

Did you read the comments in the panel.cfg?

// Dec. 30 2018:
// Added AVM32/64 bit gauges and XMLSound64 gauge for P3Dv4
// IMPORTANT: the AVM32/64 bit gauges requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable !!
// Since the interface gauge (named AVM**.dll) between my XML gauge-code and FSX' SimConnect, is built with
// Visual Studio 2015, it REQUIRES the presence of the library "Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" on your PC.
// Without this software library installed, the flightmodel WILL NOT work.
// You can check this in Windows, under "Installed Programs". It should contain the entries:
// - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
// and
// - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64).
//
// If not installed yet, you can download it here:
//
// https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
//
// Works for WindowsXP-SP3 upto Windows10.
// It's best to install both the .x86 and .x64 versions.

blanston12
January 17th, 2019, 20:49
Joe,

Just wanted to double check with you on two things:

1) did you follow the special instructions for P3DV4 users and copy the panel.cfg over?: ...

Hi Milton, thanks yes I did do that. I double checked I had the 2015 redistributes installed and I copied the new p3d panel into place. It works well at normal speed, as far as I can tell everything is working as it should, its just when I turn up time compression that things slow to a crawl. I have been beginning to suspect something is wrong with my setup and it may be time to rebuild it from scratch (too many addon's possibly), so I was asking if anyone else using V4 was having the same experience.

With most craft it would be fine, but at 7-10 kn my lack of patience gets the better of me.

Seahawk72s
July 4th, 2021, 07:10
I've just done a new install of the FSX native 2.0 version of the Bounty and am seeing a problem.

I also have the same problem with version FSX 1.2.

When I bring up the sail management window all looks good for about 6 seconds with the birds crying in the background.
Then the sound changes so its not only birds but whale sounds as well.
All the sail management switches start flipping on and off with the other switches locked out and not movable.

"Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" (x86) & (x64) are both installed.
FSUIPC is installed.

Rebooted the PC, no change.

I have HMS Victory installed and she sails with no problems.
The same with the Bounty launch, no issues.

Milton Shupe
July 4th, 2021, 11:03
I've just done a new install of the FSX native 2.0 version of the Bounty and am seeing a problem.

I also have the same problem with version FSX 1.2.

When I bring up the sail management window all looks good for about 6 seconds with the birds crying in the background.
Then the sound changes so its not only birds but whale sounds as well.
All the sail management switches start flipping on and off with the other switches locked out and not movable.

"Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" (x86) & (x64) are both installed.
FSUIPC is installed.

Rebooted the PC, no change.

I have HMS Victory installed and she sails with no problems.
The same with the Bounty launch, no issues.

Hi, as I recall, and just tested, the switches start flipping after the red warning light has been on for 15-20 seconds.

This happens when your auto skipper is off and you manually select the sails or use the Master switch.
When more sails are deployed than the high winds allow, damage occurs.
The red light is a warning to decrease your sail square footage.
If this is not done (and you are still in manual sail management mode), the red light flashes and the individual sail deployment switches flip up and down to indicate damage has occurred.
You can quickly correct the situation and reset the red light by turning on Auto Skipper, or collapsing sails.

You may RESET by turning the auto skipper switch on/off, then redeploy the sails using auto skipper, the Master switch, or the individual sail switches.
Be sure to deploy fewer sails if you have not decreased wind speeds.
There is a sail/wind speed guide in the pdf manual in the Docs folder.

Seahawk72s
July 4th, 2021, 12:49
Hi, as I recall, and just tested, the switches start flipping after the red warning light has been on for 15-20 seconds.

This happens when your auto skipper is off and you manually select the sails or use the Master switch.
When more sails are deployed than the high winds allow, damage occurs.
The red light is a warning to decrease your sail square footage.
If this is not done (and you are still in manual sail management mode), the red light flashes and the individual sail deployment switches flip up and down to indicate damage has occurred.
You can quickly correct the situation and reset the red light by turning on Auto Skipper, or collapsing sails.

You may RESET by turning the auto skipper switch on/off, then redeploy the sails using auto skipper, the Master switch, or the individual sail switches.
Be sure to deploy fewer sails if you have not decreased wind speeds.
There is a sail/wind speed guide in the pdf manual in the Docs folder.

I took wind speed down to 0 kts. then restarted FSX.
As soon as I chose the Bounty I opened the sail management window and found the sail switches turning on/off.
The red light is on and the Auto Skipper switch will not move. Clicking on the Auto Skipper switch turns the red light off for a moment and then it goes back on.
No sails are deployed or appear at all.
The master switch will move from off to on but then goes back to off. No green light shows.

I downloaded a new 2.0 package and tried it, same problem.

Milton Shupe
July 4th, 2021, 13:53
I took wind speed down to 0 kts. then restarted FSX.
As soon as I chose the Bounty I opened the sail management window and found the sail switches turning on/off.
The red light is on and the Auto Skipper switch will not move. Clicking on the Auto Skipper switch turns the red light off for a moment and then it goes back on.
No sails are deployed or appear at all.
The master switch will move from off to on but then goes back to off. No green light shows.

I downloaded a new 2.0 package and tried it, same problem.

Would you post a screen shot of the diagnostic window; shift+3

Seahawk72s
July 4th, 2021, 14:01
Would you post a screen shot of the diagnostic window; shift+3

Test Values.

MrZippy
July 4th, 2021, 14:46
HMS Bounty...ready for takeoff! A little water would be nice! :wavey:

Milton Shupe
July 4th, 2021, 14:52
Try loading the ship at W33, set some wind, weigh the anchor, then hit Auto Skipper.

Once the sails deploy, give me a screen shot of the diagnostic screen so it will show wind speed, direction and ship speed.
That may give a clue to your issue; may not.

FYI, although they both worked not too long ago, since I shut down most apps and simplified my system, neither the FS9 or FSX Bounty nor HMS Victory work. LOL

I have archived most of my FS stuff and controllers so I may not figure this one out.

Not sure if any recent Win/10 updates may be affecting this.

Seahawk72s
July 4th, 2021, 15:08
Try loading the ship at W33, set some wind, weigh the anchor, then hit Auto Skipper.

Once the sails deploy, give me a screen shot of the diagnostic screen so it will show wind speed, direction and ship speed.
That may give a clue to your issue; may not.

FYI, although they both worked not too long ago, since I shut down most apps and simplified my system, neither the FS9 or FSX Bounty nor HMS Victory work. LOL

I have archived most of my FS stuff and controllers so I may not figure this one out.

Not sure if any recent Win/10 updates may be affecting this.

Moved to W33.
Sail switches flipping on and off.
Up anchored.
Auto-skipper on.
Now all sails appear and then go away as sail switches flip on and off.
Screen shots taken with FSX paused.

Bounty has no forward speed as sails are not up long enough.
I am on Win7.

Milton Shupe
July 4th, 2021, 16:35
Are your FSX Realism settings at medium to High. Will not work on Easy.

Seahawk72s
July 4th, 2021, 17:17
Are your FSX Realism settings at medium to High. Will not work on Easy.

I bumped flight model settings from medium to full right realistic, restarted FSX, no change.

Milton Shupe
July 4th, 2021, 18:13
I bumped flight model settings from medium to full right realistic, restarted FSX, no change.

Sorry to hear that SH; at the moment, I am out of ideas; been away from FS and HMS Bounty for 18 months now.

But, if it's any consolation, neither my FS9 nor FSX Bountys work. The FS9 Bounty will not even pull up the Shift+1 and 3 windows.

They worked the last time I tried them, maybe 2-3 months ago (after I installed Win10 and both FS's) so it may be a win10 update that broke them.

Anyone else with ideas?

Seahawk72s
July 4th, 2021, 18:50
Sorry to hear that SH; at the moment, I am out of ideas; been away from FS and HMS Bounty for 18 months now.

But, if it's any consolation, neither my FS9 nor FSX Bountys work. The FS9 Bounty will not even pull up the Shift+1 and 3 windows.

They worked the last time I tried them, maybe 2-3 months ago (after I installed Win10 and both FS's) so it may be a win10 update that broke them.

Anyone else with ideas?

Thanks very much for your help Milton. Last time I visited Bounty was about a year ago and all was fine.
At least I have HMS Victory, thanks again for such a wonderful model.

rcbarend
July 5th, 2021, 14:04
Test Values.
Hi,

The reason why you see the Bounty "crashing" in this situation, is because the ship is loaded when on land !!

Try this:
- Load the Bounty as now (so it's sitting on land).
- Slew, or re-position, the Bounty to a spot in the water.
- And only THEN open the Sail Management window. (all controls, including the "in water" check won't be active untill that 2D-Window is opened the first time).

Alternatively (after the "crash" condition is detected and set):
- Slew, or re-position, the Bounty into water.
- Then 'reoad the aircraft' via the menu.

Does that solve the problem ???
If so: you will have the same problem ('crashing') when you sail the Bounty (or Victory) into land surface after it has been working correctly . That's realism for you .....LoL

Cheers, Rob

PS:
If that doesn't solve the problem:
PM me your Email address, and I'll send you a new Testvalues gauge which visualises the "surface type" variable, as my gauges read it in FSX (because that causes the problem).

Seahawk72s
July 5th, 2021, 14:38
Hi,

The reason why you see the Bounty "crashing" in this situation, is because the ship is loaded when on land !!

Try this:
- Load the Bounty as now (so it's sitting on land).
- Slew, or re-position, the Bounty to a spot in the water.
- And only THEN open the Sail Management window. (all controls, including the "in water" check won't be active untill that 2D-Window is opened the first time).

Alternatively (after the "crash" condition is detected and set):
- Slew, or re-position, the Bounty into water.
- Then 'reoad the aircraft' via the menu.

Does that solve the problem ???
If so: you will have the same problem ('crashing') when you sail the Bounty (or Victory) into land surface after it has been working correctly . That's realism for you .....LoL

Cheers, Rob

PS:
If that doesn't solve the problem:
PM me your Email address, and I'll send you a new Testvalues gauge which visualises the "surface type" variable, as my gauges read it in FSX (because that causes the problem).

Hi Rob,
Sorry to say there is still the same issue.
I did an FSX restart, moved default aircraft over water, went to slew mode and then switched to the Bounty.
Did a light touchdown and then went to the sail management window, immediately had dancing switches.

PM sent.

rcbarend
July 5th, 2021, 16:13
Hi Rob,
Sorry to say there is still the same issue.
I did an FSX restart, moved default aircraft over water, went to slew mode and then switched to the Bounty.
Did a light touchdown and then went to the sail management window, immediately had dancing switches.

PM sent.

Hi Tony,

Sorry, I don't understand the exact actions (and order of them) you are doing.
Like 'moving a default aircraft over water', then go into slew mode and switch to the Bounty. And do a light touchdown ....

Please try this.
- Create, or load an existing flight, with the Bounty. On any airport anywhere near the sea.
- Go to Spotplane view, and set SLEW ON (and Pause OFF).
- In Slew mode, move the Bounty to a spot anywhere in/above the sea.
- Press F1, so the Bounty is now in the water.
- Set Slew mode OFF.

Result:
The Bounty is now floating in the water, visually 'wobbling' a bit (meaning it's floating on a water surface).
Right ??

If so:
- Now, select menu Aircraft - Select Aircraft - the Bounty 'aircraft'.
- Just open the Sail Management 2D-window, and wait 20 sec or so.
- No switches moving ???

If so:
Save that flight and use it the next time.

Rob

Seahawk72s
July 5th, 2021, 17:29
Hi Tony,

Sorry, I don't understand the exact actions (and order of them) you are doing.
Like 'moving a default aircraft over water', then go into slew mode and switch to the Bounty. And do a light touchdown ....

Please try this.
- Create, or load an existing flight, with the Bounty. On any airport anywhere near the sea.
- Go to Spotplane view, and set SLEW ON (and Pause OFF).
- In Slew mode, move the Bounty to a spot anywhere in/above the sea.
- Press F1, so the Bounty is now in the water.
- Set Slew mode OFF.

Result:
The Bounty is now floating in the water, visually 'wobbling' a bit (meaning it's floating on a water surface).
Right ??

If so:
- Now, select menu Aircraft - Select Aircraft - the Bounty 'aircraft'.
- Just open the Sail Management 2D-window, and wait 20 sec or so.
- No switches moving ???

If so:
Save that flight and use it the next time.

Rob

Hi,
My intent was to not have any Bounty in FSX memory before she touched the water.

I followed your instructions for creating a new flight, slewing Bounty to the water.
With slew off and Bounty floating the sail management window was opened to dancing switches.
No change after more then a minute. I then up-anchored, turned auto-skipper on
and had sails flicking on and off in conjunction with the switches.

I then tried a saved flight with Bounty floating in the water, same results.

I have incorporated waiting for at least a minute after the sail management window is opened in all tests.

Can you tell my why HMS Victory works fine..?

rcbarend
July 6th, 2021, 10:29
Hi,
My intent was to not have any Bounty in FSX memory before she touched the water.

I followed your instructions for creating a new flight, slewing Bounty to the water.
With slew off and Bounty floating the sail management window was opened to dancing switches.
No change after more then a minute. I then up-anchored, turned auto-skipper on
and had sails flicking on and off in conjunction with the switches.

I then tried a saved flight with Bounty floating in the water, same results.

I have incorporated waiting for at least a minute after the sail management window is opened in all tests.

Can you tell my why HMS Victory works fine..?

I'm stumped ...
Because I use the same 'crash' code in the Victory as in the Bounty.

Last test, before I create some debug gauges:

You say that the Victory works fine.
So try this:
- Load a flight with the Victory in the water.
- Open the Sail Management Window, but DO NOT TOUCH any of the switches.
- Now wait about 30 seconds.
- No Dancing switches ???

If so:
- Now load the Bounty from the Aircraft - Select Aircraft menu.
- Now wait 30 seconds again.
- Are all the switches still stable OFF, or are they 'dancing' ?
- And if they are 'dancing' : after how many sec. (appr. ) after you opened the Window does this occur ??

Rob

Seahawk72s
July 6th, 2021, 13:59
I'm stumped ...
Because I use the same 'crash' code in the Victory as in the Bounty.

Last test, before I create some debug gauges:

You say that the Victory works fine.
So try this:
- Load a flight with the Victory in the water.
- Now wait about 30 seconds.
- No Dancing switches ???

If so:
- Now load the Bounty from the Aircraft - Select Aircraft menu.
- Now wait 30 seconds again.
- Are all the switches still stable OFF, or are they 'dancing' ?
- And if they are 'dancing' : after how many sec. (appr. ) after you opened the Window does this occur ??

Rob

I tried as you suggested.
Slew Victory over and placed in the water.
Opened sail management and then waited about a minute, no switches touched.
All sail switches stayed stable in the off position.

Now selected the Bounty and had her floating in the water.
As soon as the sail management window was opened the switches were moving, after no delay at all.

Tony

rcbarend
July 6th, 2021, 15:16
As soon as the sail management window was opened the switches were moving, after no delay at all.

This is very helpfull info; it means that somehow there is something wrong with your current install of the Bounty V2.0 package on your PC.
Because in the gauge that sets this 'crash' condition, there is a hard 20-sec delay; and that delay starts when the Sail Management window is opened.

Not sure yet what it is, but I'll send you an Email (to the address you PM'd me) with some other questions/suggestions.

Rob

Seahawk72s
July 6th, 2021, 15:58
This is very helpfull info; it means that somehow there is something wrong with your current install of the Bounty V2.0 package on your PC.
Because in the gauge that sets this 'crash' condition, there is a hard 20-sec delay; and that delay starts when the Sail Management window is opened.

Not sure yet what it is, but I'll send you an Email (to the address you PM'd me) with some other questions/suggestions.

Rob

I downloaded a new Bounty 2.0 package from SOH and installed.
After a FSX restart I am seeing the same issues.