PDA

View Full Version : A question about programming Dino's C2/E2 MFDU....

Navy Chief
December 5th, 2018, 12:37
I am wanting to place a carrier while still parked in a hangar. Then, once airborne, and about 50 miles out, choose the option in AICarriers to "ask for present location".

AICarriers provides a course and latitude/longitude coordinates. So, at that point, could I enter that information into Dino's MFDU, as a waypoint to fly to the ship? Thanks, NC

Victory103
December 5th, 2018, 13:26
DATA – Allows the user to enter or manipulate waypoint data (in reality it also allows the user to enter no-fly zones or the position of known threats). Only the WAYPOINT subpage is implemented in the current build. FLIGHT PLAN – INOPERATIVE in the current build. You have to enter your flight plan with the FSX/P3D flight planner or with external utilities.

This tells me it doesn't, but I'll play around with it. I use the Flight1 GTN in my other military stuff to add/delete waypoints without having to use a FS flightplan.

Victory103
December 5th, 2018, 14:55
UPDATE: Tested in the C-2R model. I found in the 2D pop-up of the MFCPD, the "N"orth button didn't work. In the VC, I was able to type in a waypoint via degree decimal format and altitude in meters, but it did not seem to take the new WP (as WP1).

Dino Cattaneo
December 5th, 2018, 23:46
Hi there

I will look into the "N" key not working in the 2D pop up.
As for the desired function, in the current release of the MFCDU should be able to select / add or delete waypoints ONLY if a flight plan exists. It does not support the creation of a flightplan from scratch, nor it does allow the creation of a new waypoint and set it to no.1

You should be able to fly to the ship via BDHI / EFIS as follows:
- Enter the TACAN channel provided by Tacpack or the equivalent frequency in NAV1
- BDHI should point to the carrier, showing distance. If the aircraft has an EFIS, a new arrow to the VRSTP CV should point towards the carrier.
- When you are close enough, the VRS ILS should be automatically engaged (indications shown to the ADI and EFIS).

Regards

Dino

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2018, 06:22
Hi there

I will look into the "N" key not working in the 2D pop up.
As for the desired function, in the current release of the MFCDU should be able to select / add or delete waypoints ONLY if a flight plan exists. It does not support the creation of a flightplan from scratch, nor it does allow the creation of a new waypoint and set it to no.1

You should be able to fly to the ship via BDHI / EFIS as follows:
- Enter the TACAN channel provided by Tacpack or the equivalent frequency in NAV1
- BDHI should point to the carrier, showing distance. If the aircraft has an EFIS, a new arrow to the VRSTP CV should point towards the carrier.
- When you are close enough, the VRS ILS should be automatically engaged (indications shown to the ADI and EFIS).

Regards

Dino

Thank you Dino! Personalized customer service! NC