PDA

View Full Version : V4 compatible Boeing 707 ???

Corvette99
November 25th, 2018, 05:47
Anybody know of a v4 worthy 707 ? Trying to find one to paint as EC-135 and E-6 . Not having much luck. Hard to believe there isn't one yet. Or an E-3 AWACS as well !

expat
November 27th, 2018, 04:45
Yes, not much to choose from and a big hole for v4 users. There is this model at Rikoo by Alejandro Rojas. I have the CS 707 and given up seeing a 64 bit version any time soon. Have not tried merging that exterior model with the Rojas VC but it may be the CS model has some anti piracy feature in the model that frustrates this (and maybe Alejandro's VC does as well!).

Wings of Gold
December 4th, 2018, 08:12
The really stupid thing about this is that Captain Sim doesn't need an interior model - there is already one in the model, and it works beautifully! The gauges need replacing, but I would be willing to bet that they already have an adequate set of xml gauges on hand. Remember that they currently sell a P3Dv4 version of their 737. So what's the problem? Answer: animations. The landing gear and control surfaces need animating. The best animator that I know is Gordon (********). My guess is that Gordon could do this job easily in no more than a couple of days (and that would still allow some time out for a ride on the Harley). Before you go racing off the appeal to Gordon - I'm quite sure he would NOT modify the 707 without permission / a contract from Captain Sim. If it's this easy, why hasn't captain Sim at least hired an outside guy to do the job and start the money flow? I for sure would pay a nominal amount to get my 707 back into the hangar. Answer: beats the hell out of me!

Oh by the way - the exact same thing is the case with their 727.

Bill

StormILM
December 4th, 2018, 09:01
I always enjoyed the Captain Sim 707 in FS9 and I bought the upgrade for FSX but for me the latter was always a headache due to increased VAS usage (and consequently VAS being used up on long flights). I ended up stop using the model some time ago. Currently, I use the Aerosoft DC-8 for all of my trans-con jet flights and really enjoy it. Maybe Captain Sim will update the 707 at some point but if they do, they should modernize the model and textures at the same time.

Wings of Gold
December 4th, 2018, 09:56
Hi StormIL,

I also use the JF DC-8 as my primary commercial aircraft for my airports, however some/most airlines that went into KSFO (for example) did NOT use the DC-8. American used the 707. So - depending on how accurate you need to be, a 707 is a necessity for that era.

Bill

StormILM
December 4th, 2018, 12:57
United and Delta were the two main major airlines who flew the DC-8's out of SFO with the rest being smaller passenger carriers and cargo. From the photos I have seen, the majority of the United and Delta DC-8 use at SFO was from 1965 up into the late 70's before those airframes were sold off.

expat
December 5th, 2018, 02:10
I have the CS 707 and given up seeing a 64 bit version any time soon. Have not tried merging that exterior model with the Rojas VC but it may be the CS model has some anti piracy feature in the model

Well, sure enough, I tried the VC merge and the anti piracy coding ensured a perfectly beautiful 707-300 exterior model lacked any landing gear. Pity, as I am a bona fide owner, it would not be piracy to merge their model with another VC for my own personal use. Of course, I won't be going on the CS boards for hints how to deactivate this feature . .