PDA

View Full Version : External View Hat Switch Panning - Smooth vs Incremental

TARPSBird
November 25th, 2018, 03:44
I should know the answer to this because I've seen it before but I don't remember. In FSX is there a toggle-type keystroke that changes the external view panning of the hat switch from where your view sorta glides left/right/up/down to where it quickly snaps left/right/up/down? I wonder if I accidentally pushed a button that changed the panning during a flight. Went from smooth to incremental and I don't know what I did. Next flight it defaulted back to the smooth panning.

hairyspin
November 25th, 2018, 04:10
It's not ScrollLock, perchance?

TARPSBird
November 25th, 2018, 15:17
It's not ScrollLock, perchance?
I don't think so, that key is only "Print Screen" on my keyboard. I'm thinking it might have been a low memory issue with my computer while I was flying... but if anybody else wants to comment I'd like your input.

PhantomTweak
November 25th, 2018, 21:59
There's an entry in the CAMERAS.CFG file that will do that. I think. try this: Change the PanPbhAdjust=Ordinal to PanPbhAdjust=Swivel

Do that in ever camera view in that file to make the hat switch pan smoothly. Kinda a PITA, but open it with NotePad and use it's Find-and-Replace feature and it goes pretty quick and easy.

Pat☺

TARPSBird
November 25th, 2018, 23:47
There's an entry in the CAMERAS.CFG file that will do that. I think. try this: Change the PanPbhAdjust=Ordinal to PanPbhAdjust=Swivel

Do that in ever camera view in that file to make the hat switch pan smoothly. Kinda a PITA, but open it with NotePad and use it's Find-and-Replace feature and it goes pretty quick and easy.

Pat☺
In my cameras.cfg file the PanPbhAdjust entries are already set to "Swivel" so I'm gonna write this problem off as my sim just going stupid for one flight. :biggrin-new: Thank you PhantomTweak and Hairyspin for your comments. :encouragement:

Ganter
November 26th, 2018, 09:22
I should know the answer to this because I've seen it before but I don't remember. In FSX is there a toggle-type keystroke that changes the external view panning of the hat switch from where your view sorta glides left/right/up/down to where it quickly snaps left/right/up/down? I wonder if I accidentally pushed a button that changed the panning during a flight. Went from smooth to incremental and I don't know what I did. Next flight it defaulted back to the smooth panning.

Haven't got my sim running at present but try SHIFT or CTRL (something like that) and moving the hat. It also slows zooming in and out as well.