PDA

View Full Version : What happened with Hovercontrol?

joe bob
November 22nd, 2018, 06:19
It appears gone. I was going to ask what they thought of the Milviz Huey redux

Ganter
November 22nd, 2018, 06:32
It appears gone. I was going to ask what they thought of the Milviz Huey redux

Surprised but yes, appears to have indeed gone. Could just be a server down.

If it has gone it's another good site gone like so many in the last couple of years. I got many good tips and FDE's from it. It convinced me to persevere with helos and I'm glad I did. They're a major part of my simming these days.

Blackbird686
November 22nd, 2018, 07:14
I always thought helo's were worthless in the simulation, until I found that site. Now I land helo's on rooftops and oil rig platforms. Sadly, it appears that they are no longer around.

BB686:US-flag:

dougbr2005
November 22nd, 2018, 09:00
According to whois data the site name was renovated 11 days ago for another year so perhaps they are updating their site . Here is the data?

Domain Name: HOVERCONTROL.COM
Registry Domain ID: 79397176_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2018-10-22T15:45:16Z
Creation Date: 2001-11-06T21:38:04Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-06T21:38:04Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: NS1179.DNS.DYN.COM
Name Server: NS2128.DNS.DYN.COM
Name Server: NS3151.DNS.DYN.COM
Name Server: NS4147.DNS.DYN.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

Ganter
November 22nd, 2018, 09:50
According to whois data the site name was renovated 11 days ago for another year so perhaps they are updating their site . Here is the data?

Domain Name: HOVERCONTROL.COM
Registry Domain ID: 79397176_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2018-10-22T15:45:16Z
Creation Date: 2001-11-06T21:38:04Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-06T21:38:04Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: NS1179.DNS.DYN.COM
Name Server: NS2128.DNS.DYN.COM
Name Server: NS3151.DNS.DYN.COM
Name Server: NS4147.DNS.DYN.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

Good recon Doug,

Let's hope that's the case.

Hooky722
November 22nd, 2018, 10:50
I was on there only a few s days ago there was no indication they were shutting up shop as it were.

Cees Donker
November 24th, 2018, 08:19
Updating a site is not taking two whole days. I fear we have lost this resource.

Cees

PhantomP
November 24th, 2018, 14:37
Can somebody get in touch with the administrator,and find out what's happening?

falcon409
November 24th, 2018, 15:00
George Arana (Eagle Rotorcraft) a longtime contributor to Hovercontrol said the owner hasn't been around for quite some time. The fact that no one from the site has come forward to announce any problems (hackers, etc) or being down for maintenance also suggest it isn't just a minor problem. I would consider Hovercontrol a major site though and if gone for good a terrible loss to the community.

PhantomP
November 24th, 2018, 15:24
George Arana (Eagle Rotorcraft) a longtime contributor to Hovercontrol said the owner hasn't been around for quite some time. The fact that no one from the site has come forward to announce any problems (hackers, etc) or being down for maintenance also suggest it isn't just a minor problem. I would consider Hovercontrol a major site though and if gone for good a terrible loss to the community.Lets keep our fingers crossed,and hope for the best.

TuFun
November 24th, 2018, 16:42
I've sent a email request thru contactprivacy.com about hovercontrol.com. They will contact the owner but doesn't guaranty a responce to my email.

I follow the instructions provided here.

falcon409
November 24th, 2018, 17:09
I've sent a email request thru contactprivacy.com about hovercontrol.com. They will contact the owner but doesn't guaranty a responce to my email.

I follow the instructions provided here.
Hope for some answer. . .one way or the other. I've also reached out to Jordan Moore to see if he has any info. Found a contact through one of his posts on Youtube. As with yours though, no guarantee that he'll answer.

jeansy
November 24th, 2018, 19:42
Jordan Moore is the owner of HC, hes been inactive with the site for a number of years. He very well maybe unaware of the site's status, Ive spoken with other HC admins via FB and they dont know whats going on

falcon409
November 25th, 2018, 02:41
Jordan Moore is the owner of HC, hes been inactive with the site for a number of years. He very well maybe unaware of the site's status, Ive spoken with other HC admins via FB and they don't know whats going on
lol, lol. . .the Admins don't know what's going on? Isn't that part of their job as Admins? So someone or something causes a major website to go down. . .the Boss is nowhere to be found and the Admins are clueless? Either there's a long string of stupid going on here or the site will suddenly pop back on and it'll be like nothing happened, lol.

jeansy
November 25th, 2018, 03:22
lol, lol. . .the Admins don't know what's going on? Isn't that part of their job as Admins? So someone or something causes a major website to go down. . .the Boss is nowhere to be found and the Admins are clueless? Either there's a long string of stupid going on here or the site will suddenly pop back on and it'll be like nothing happened, lol.

I thought that would be obvious that the key people have been absent the past few yrs, as theres been very few non spammer/bot posts and almost no upload approvals in over 12mths

there were only 3 key people for HC since i joined it in 2004, i speak to one regular basis and he admits the others have other lives to live, it might be a case the web fees are due and jordan isnt aware or jordan is away for a extended period of time, or its been hacked, or worst case Jordan has moved on

Since the rise of FSX , HC has never been the same

falcon409
November 25th, 2018, 04:03
. . . . .I speak to one regular basis and he admits the others have other lives to live, it might be a case the web fees are due and Jordan isn't aware or Jordan is away for a extended period of time, or its been hacked, or worst case Jordan has moved on. . .
As I mentioned above George Arana told me that the main guy (I did not know that this meant Jordan) has not been around for several years now as he has family. That apparently means he's not around at all any more otherwise Hovercontrol would be online.

jeansy
November 25th, 2018, 04:07
fair to say thats correct

b52bob
November 25th, 2018, 07:48
I hope that SOMEBODY can rescue this site. A major resource for copters.

Wizkid2552
November 27th, 2018, 10:03
This site is what got me flying helicopters, and what made me believe you could really learn to hover in the sim and then do it for real first time. After about a year or two (don't remember exactly anymore when I WASN'T flying choppers) of simming using pedals and separate throttle/joystick, I proved it by hovering a s300cbi in a variable 10kt wind at Cherry Ridge. The instructor was impressed, and I gave credit to Hovercontrol, and even gave him a printout from the website of one of Jordan's letters describing how this was possible. I never went through Hovercontrol's training program and now I am sorry if I might have missed the chance forever, since now I think I would be able to do everything they teach in the first level.

Victory103
November 27th, 2018, 13:09
I know a few of the HC long timers frequent this site, like myself. You can get plenty of correct/incorrect rotary knowledge here.

arrowmaker
December 22nd, 2018, 04:34
Looks like Hovercontrol might be gone for good. I didn't realise it was down until I went to search for a file.

More info can be found here:

https://www.helisimmer.com/editorial/goodbye-hovercontrol/

dougbr2005
December 23rd, 2018, 01:33
Searched google found back end pages that still open here is a screen I just took .

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65924&stc=1

Strange they haven't taken it all down !!!!

FlyingsCool
April 6th, 2019, 17:33
So is there anywhere else to download their helicopters?

mib
April 20th, 2019, 17:55
So is there anywhere else to download their helicopters?

I think that all the fles is forever lost :(
I upload a lot of my files (helicopers and repaint) in this website and now all is lost.
But now I upload my others files on Avsim

FlyingsCool
April 22nd, 2019, 08:02
I was able to recover a lot of files through the Wayback Machine. Several of the downloads, however, weren't covered. I'll try to put together a list of what I found and what I couldn't find over the next couple of days. I was mainly interested in the FSX uploads.