PDA

View Full Version : AH C-119 Flying Boxcar released

AussieMan
November 21st, 2018, 17:24
Just a heads up. The AH C-119 Flying Boxcar has been released and is available at: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_boxcar.php.

WarHorse47
November 21st, 2018, 18:13
Just a heads up. The AH C-119 Flying Boxcar has been released and is available at: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_boxcar.php.

Not yet. May want to wait awhile. I've been trying to purchase it for over an hour and this is what I get:

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/Capture_zps4rrayqoa.jpg

Best to wait a while.

AH is aware of the unannounced issue and has no control over it.

dvj
November 21st, 2018, 18:32
Not yet. May want to wait awhile. I've been trying to purchase it for over an hour and this is what I get:

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/Capture_zps4rrayqoa.jpg

Best to wait a while.

AH is aware of the unannounced issue and has no control over it.

Wait for the Just Flight store. I can use points. ;-)

bazzar
November 21st, 2018, 20:13
Yes, sorry about this people. They don't tell us when they are doing this stuff. It is beyond our control. All we hope is that it will not be long.:engel016:

stovall
November 21st, 2018, 20:32
No problem Baz. Just knowing this great aircraft is finished and almost ready for purchase is good enough. No doubt we are all watching and waiting patiently. Well almost patiently.

bazzar
November 21st, 2018, 22:20
I believe all is well now, thanks for your patience.:engel016:

roger-wilco-66
November 22nd, 2018, 00:14
Ahhh, Christmas comes early this year :-) Great news.

Cheers,
Mark

tankerguy72
November 22nd, 2018, 09:49
Picked it up last night after Sellfy started working again. Great exterior model, AMAZING VC, great soundset. A true workhorse.

Notice one small anomaly. The inside polys of the right nose gear door are not showing up. May not have been attached to the animation or something.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4913/31064048027_6b493ec2b9_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Pk2ndX)bandicam 2018-11-22 10-41-31-440 (https://flic.kr/p/Pk2ndX)

bazzar
November 22nd, 2018, 18:07
We have just uploaded a small patch.

1) Front nosegear door corrected.
2) Rear left jump door now visible and functioning until you select paratroops for drop. It will then be removed.
3) Small adjustment to inner glazing in interior
4) Pilot and CoPilot sliding windows - corrected animations.

Available now as a re-download.

Thanks.:engel016:

WarHorse47
November 22nd, 2018, 18:15
Oh, dear. Did anyone notice the overhead magnetic compass? I do believe its indicating backwards.

<<Sorry, Baz. I meant to report it earlier but got sidelined by family and some turkey :fatigue:>>

bazzar
November 22nd, 2018, 21:58
There's a hot-fix for the compass, available from Selfy download site. All buyers will receive an email shortly on how to get it. This is just the mdl which fixes the compass problem. Sorry all, our net had a hole in it.:engel016:

Catboat
November 23rd, 2018, 00:26
Thanks Baz,

I jumped the gun a bit and purchased last night. Downloaded twice to my Users\Download file, but cannot get the exec to install. Will try again when the dust settles as I don't want to expend any more downloads. Has anyone else had similar problems Looks great though!!

GB
November 23rd, 2018, 04:00
Not available for sale in Europe from the developer and not available for sale anywhere else.

Is there a reason for this ?

WarHorse47
November 23rd, 2018, 06:02
Thanks Baz,

I jumped the gun a bit and purchased last night. Downloaded twice to my Users\Download file, but cannot get the exec to install. Will try again when the dust settles as I don't want to expend any more downloads. Has anyone else had similar problems Looks great though!!The latest downloads from Sellfy are missing the file extension. In other words if you add ".exe" onto the download it should execute properly, at least it did for me.

Josh Patterson
November 23rd, 2018, 06:04
YEAH!! BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!! :jump: Been waiting on this one and downloading now!!!! Sounds like Dino's E-2, C-3 is coming out this weekend too (and hopefully the AH/JF Vulcan as well). My (and probably quite a few other people's) weekend is starting off pretty darn good!

dvj
November 23rd, 2018, 08:20
There's a hot-fix for the compass, available from Selfy download site. All buyers will receive an email shortly on how to get it. This is just the mdl which fixes the compass problem. Sorry all, our net had a hole in it.:engel016:

Co-Pilots air speed indicator has no reading.

pilto von pilto
November 23rd, 2018, 12:02
Not available for sale in Europe from the developer and not available for sale anywhere else.

Is there a reason for this ?

Why we dont sell to EU: It's all in the FAQ ( or should I say more detailed ) but it boils down to EU VAT laws being too difficult for small overseas companies to do business there.
As for the other stores : Black Friday. They all were notified at the same time as we released. We're putting it down to them all very busy with sales... plus the weekend.

:encouragement:

Josh Patterson
November 23rd, 2018, 20:46
Looks and flies great Baz but it is a FPS killer on my machine with the setting as is. Time for a new video card! I still can't start the engines manually. Usually the starter torque being .03xx instead of .3xxx is the culprit, but not here. Time to re-****! :banghead:

bazzar
November 23rd, 2018, 20:57
Hi Josh, yes these models are at the top end range for size and complexity. Also PBR style textures tend to put pressure on cards. Not wishing to teach granny but are you switching on starter then "mesh and hold" for long enough? They don't start instantly, needing quite a few prop turns before firing during which time you must keep holding down the mesh switch. :engel016:

bazzar
November 23rd, 2018, 21:00
Co-Pilots air speed indicator has no reading.

We have just uploaded a small Hot-fix for that (as per last for a download) and also have adjusted the fuel economy/flow to give a more economical burn. We do use book values but sometime the sim just can't interpret what you want..:engel016:

Josh Patterson
November 24th, 2018, 08:22
Hi Josh, yes these models are at the top end range for size and complexity. Also PBR style textures tend to put pressure on cards. Not wishing to teach granny but are you switching on starter then "mesh and hold" for long enough? They don't start instantly, needing quite a few prop turns before firing during which time you must keep holding down the mesh switch. :engel016:

I count 16 blades before I release the mesh switch. I did see the part about having the fuel selectors on "outboard" which I wasn't doing but to no avail. How many revolutions does it take to wake up a sleepy 4360?

Pat Mussotte
November 24th, 2018, 08:44
Nobody to post a vid please?

Cheers

Pat

bazzar
November 24th, 2018, 12:53
I count 16 blades before I release the mesh switch. I did see the part about having the fuel selectors on "outboard" which I wasn't doing but to no avail. How many revolutions does it take to wake up a sleepy 4360?

You must have missed something Josh. Battery? Ignition Master?, Mixtures (tried using Ctrl/Shift/F4?), Props? Got fuel? Haven't used the Cold Dark switch? Could be anything mate. You can't buy a "bad" one, they don't go off on the shelf...:engel016:

gman5250
November 24th, 2018, 13:00
Fantastic!!!

On top of my "git-r-done" shopping list. Beautiful work...again gentlemen.

:encouragement::encouragement:

Ramjett53
November 24th, 2018, 19:44
A great airplane. I noticed, though, that the General Description lists the fuel tank capacity as 2,800 US Gallons, yet the aitcraft config is set for 2,016 gallons. Just wondering why the difference? Looks like the data in the General Description (and in the PDF document) was taken directly from Wikipedia as the wording is almost verbatim.

I have been flying with her for two days now and have yet to be able to reach a cruise speed of 200 KIAS. I can achieve the expected climb speeds and settings, but once leveling off at 10,000 feet it seems no matter what the trim, rpm, mixture, and MP I set will get me anything more than 170 KIAS...and that was at full throttle, which certainly won't get me anywhere near the range of 1,770 miles (1538 NMs). I tried the suggested MP of 44 and RPM of 2,550 and barely got 150 KIAS. Gear was up, flaps were clean. Fuel saving settings of 40.5 and 2,310 got me 139 KIAS...a far cry from 200 KIAS expected.

Then I tried everything in between that I could think of and still got nowhere near 200 KIAS, usually slowing to point of stall speed before having to go to full throttle to keep from falling out of the sky.

Any tips and pointers?

Randy

bazzar
November 24th, 2018, 23:20
Well first off, Randy, the quoted max. cruise speed is 200 MPH, not KNOTS. All quoted speeds are in MPH and your airspeed indicators are also calibrated in MPH. So, on that basis , max. cruise should be around 173 knots. Now, it will all depend on the weight you are carrying too. And don't forget headwinds. A "Boxcar" can lose up to 35 mph on quoted cruise figures in a decent headwind. They were not what you might call sleek ladies...

Your mixtures should be at the bottom end of "Normal" on the quadrant. If they aren't, you are running way too rich for 10,000ft and will never get the power out.

We are still at work on the fuel/flow/economy for these engines in the C-119 so changes my come in that department when we release our first SP. However, as a quick and dirty test, navigate in the CFG to "BestPowerSpecificFuelConsumption" and enter 0.35 there. Go flying and see if it helps your situation. It's not the whole story but it may illustrate how small adjustments make a big difference. Watch the fuel flow gauges to see the effect. Try reducing your payloads in the dropdown menu and remember to lean off your mixtures.

Sorry about the fuel figure in the description, looks like a typo. Tankage is from early versions before they got heavy with extra equipment.

Hope all this helps.:engel016:

SSI01
November 25th, 2018, 03:14
Looking forward VERY much to putting this one in the hangar, but waiting for the dust to settle re: updates and glitches.

thunderstreak
November 25th, 2018, 03:58
Headwinds do not affect an airplane’s airspeed, indicated or otherwise.
Wind (moving air mass) will only affect an airplane’s speed relative to the ground.

Ramjett53
November 25th, 2018, 05:32
Thanks bazzar,

Completely missed that "mph" tag...my mistake and apologies.

Mixture levers were at the bottom of the range almost, 30 per cent I believe, once I reached 10,000 MSL

I will continue to fly her and practice different settings to see if I can get better at managing fuel flow.

As for winds, all my test flights have been done in clear weather setting in FSX, no winds at any level. Figured having that setting was best for my test flights before I figure out how to fly with weather...Active Sky...on.

Randy

Catboat
November 25th, 2018, 08:03
The latest downloads from Sellfy are missing the file extension. In other words if you add ".exe" onto the download it should execute properly, at least it did for me.Thanks Warhorse 47. That worked! I managed to download and install the base pack, but in trying to download the S.P.s, I ran out of allocated downloads. I'll have to talk to the Good Folk at A.H. About what can be done, as there are further issues, e.g. No manifold pressure indication. I believe they are working on a revised base pack incorporating all the updates etc. So I may just have to be patient. To all at A.H. Regardless it is a magnificent effort, many thanks. One of my all time favourites!! I am sure many of the problems I am having are due to my lack of computer skills, but I'll keep at it!!

Priller
November 25th, 2018, 09:29
Why we dont sell to EU: It's all in the FAQ ( or should I say more detailed ) but it boils down to EU VAT laws being too difficult for small overseas companies to do business there.
As for the other stores : Black Friday. They all were notified at the same time as we released. We're putting it down to them all very busy with sales... plus the weekend.

:encouragement:

I just topped off my PayPal for this model, and now I read this BS. Milviz doesn't have a problem with selling in the EU, neither do Virtavia, Carenado or any other dev.

I guess you and JustFlight just lost a customer.

Priller

hairyspin
November 25th, 2018, 12:30
I just topped off my PayPal for this model, and now I read this BS. Milviz doesn't have a problem with selling in the EU, neither do Virtavia, Carenado or any other dev.

Read Baz's slightly fuller explanation (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/113476-AH-C-119-Flying-Boxcar-released?p=1163577&viewfull=1#post1163577) in the P3DV4 forum.

Priller
November 25th, 2018, 12:38
Read Baz's slightly fuller explanation (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/113476-AH-C-119-Flying-Boxcar-released?p=1163577&viewfull=1#post1163577) in the P3DV4 forum.

I have, and it still is BS.

I have most of the AH/JF FSX/P3D catalogue. I like their models and their customer support a lot. But this is just something that I cannot support, and therefor I won't.

Priller.

bazzar
November 25th, 2018, 12:49

I guess you and JustFlight just lost a customer.

Priller

Why are you blaming Just Flight? they have nothing to do with this product other than to publish it once they have it uploaded. You can certainly buy from them.

We don't have a problem selling in the EU, the EU does. With 11 different taxation points with VAT to monitor, the workload in collecting, declaring and submitting the relevant data and funds etc. for every product is too great for small organisations like us. The others may have the time and the people to do it, we don't.

If you can't hold on until Just Flight have it in their inventory, then so be it. We cannot control when they publish, or any of the other EU compliant publishers we use. It will more than likely be ut this week. Patience, as they say is a virtue.

Priller
November 25th, 2018, 12:54
This has nothing to do with patience, but everything with principle.

Making the EU go through a publisher, you're forcing us to pay more than the rest of the world. That is discrimination pure and simple.

Priller

bazzar
November 25th, 2018, 13:06
Forgive me but that is nonsense.

We are not "forcing" you to do anything. If we were to be EU compliant, we would have to charge the tax on top of our prices like anybody else, which would make them the same price as any other vendor. Just a quick question, if you do have most of ours and Just Flight's stuff, how have you bought in the past?

It seems that you actually are looking to pay an ex tax price by buying from Australia. Well I'm sorry, no such means exist, for our products or anything else made and sold here.

You are not thinking this out logically. If AH went EU compliant and did sell there, our prices would simply rise to the same level you pay through the vendors because we have to add the tax which by law you have to pay in your country. Can't you see that?

Don't blame us, blame your government - that is where you'll find the BS.

bazzar
November 25th, 2018, 13:11
Thanks Warhorse 47. That worked! I managed to download and install the base pack, but in trying to download the S.P.s, I ran out of allocated downloads. I'll have to talk to the Good Folk at A.H. About what can be done, as there are further issues, e.g. No manifold pressure indication. I believe they are working on a revised base pack incorporating all the updates etc. So I may just have to be patient. To all at A.H. Regardless it is a magnificent effort, many thanks. One of my all time favourites!! I am sure many of the problems I am having are due to my lack of computer skills, but I'll keep at it!!

Glad you afe enjoying it Catboat, if you read the manual, you will find that the Manifold Pressure gauges are fed through valves which must be opened before a reading will show. They are the two round knobs on the panel marked accordingly. Pull and turn each and the gauges will operate.:engel016:

magoo
November 25th, 2018, 13:31
Making the EU go through a publisher, you're forcing us to pay more than the rest of the world.
Priller
It's a very interesting notion; that a model aircraft designed to exist in an electronic medium could be considered a form of extortion, essentially a virtual gun to the head.

Truly....in view of this light form of home entertainment, I was under the impression that question,"to buy, or not to buy......", could be answered with a yes or no, and not suffer any further penalty.

There is no coercion. ( Mind you, the juicy screenshots are quite enticing, but they're still not an opioid.)

That is discrimination pure and simple.
Priller

That's a pretty tall word to use when considering the genteel marketing strategy of a small group of cottage industry artisans may be equated in this case to a human rights violation of an international scale.

I think some re-acquaintance of the word's definition may be in order:

European Union:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/aid-development-cooperation-fundamental-rights/your-rights-eu/know-your-rights/equality/non-discrimination_en

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Handbook_non_discri_law_ENG.pdf

United States of America:

https://civilrights.findlaw.com/civil-rights-overview/what-is-discrimination.html

https://definitions.uslegal.com/d/discrimination/

Canada:

https://www.chrc-ccdp.gc.ca/eng/content/what-discrimination

Australia:

https://www.ag.gov.au/RightsAndProtections/HumanRights/Pages/Australias-Anti-Discrimination-Law.aspx

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/employers/good-practice-good-business-factsheets/quick-guide-australian-discrimination-laws

bazzar
November 25th, 2018, 14:01
In the interest of keeping this one open, can I ask that we just cool down? If one looks at the situation logically, it is pretty small beer compared to other issues affecting this life.

In summary, the facts are:

We cannot and do not wish to spend the time or money to become tax collectors for governments, especially 11 of them.

If we were to go compliant, our prices would rise, at least by the tax amount - we can't absorb the taxes, neither should we have to and would have to charge for admin costs. So our pricing would be the same as our vendors' gross pricing

All that has happened here is that Black Friday and Thanksgiving sales have occupied the vendors' time and so have delayed their uploading the product to their shops. Nobody is missing out on anything. When the vendors are ready, everybody can buy. We are just as frustrated for obvious reasons.

stovall
November 25th, 2018, 14:16
Ok enough about politics and European economics. This thread is about the C-119 Boxcar period.

This has been said before and I will say it again. If purchasing this product doesn't fit your fancy then simply don't.

Bazzar has detail the policies as to purchasing and where with a complete explanation.

Please keep this thread about the C-119 Boxcar!!!

SSI01
November 25th, 2018, 15:35
Bazzar - I broke down and bought this afternoon.

An excellent product, in keeping with what your operation has produced in the past if not actually surpassing it this time.

I have a question. The answer may not lie with you however you may be able to give some hints on where to look.

I just departed Gander Intl Apt westbound empty. Got up to about 9000 ft, set MAP at about 34-35 inches, RPM at 2100, and mixture control at roughly the juncture between the blue and the red - what should correspond to low medium - high weak mixture (BTW it's possible to know, with your product, when you "cross the line" with mixture and fade into the low regions because the engine note will change, along with a slight drop in RPM. Just bumping it back up a fraction changes the engine note and the smoothness of the ride - RPM will climb too - and we're operating at peak efficiency, if what was taught me years ago is correct).

My question has to do with built-in failures. I mentioned being straight and level with the above settings over the Maritimes. I had held this course for roughly 10 minutes. After leaving the keyboard for about five minutes, with the bird on autopilot, I returned to find the right engine feathered, our heading altered by 90 degrees to the right, and the bird approaching a stall.

Are there built-in failures in the model?

Also - I remember seeing something somewhere about an "AFK" switch, but can't recall if it's in the FSX settings or on the keyboard. Is this AFK issue a part of the change in the aircraft's behavior?

Catboat
November 25th, 2018, 15:36
Glad you afe enjoying it Catboat, if you read the manual, you will find that the Manifold Pressure gauges are fed through valves which must be opened before a reading will show. They are the two round knobs on the panel marked accordingly. Pull and turn each and the gauges will operate.:engel016:

Thanks Bazzar,
I should have known-read the Manual before jumping to conclusions. Re the current other discussions-I wish I had the talent you guys have. It never ceases to amaze me what you can do. This is a big complex model, and there are bound to be initial problems, which will be sorted out. I have become a little choosy over the years with payware, but there are some, A.H., Milviz , Just Flight, Flight Replicas, Carenado, Alabeo, A2A, Golden Age,and others who to me, have always produced the goods, sometimes with glitches, which almost always have eventually been corrected. To all, a heart-felt thanks. You have given me a hobby, that 20 years ago, I never would have thought possible. I can fly many aircraft that during my career, I wound never have had a chance to imagine flying, e.g. the C119. So lets
get on with the enjoyment!!

bazzar
November 25th, 2018, 15:49
Bazzar - I broke down and bought this afternoon.

An excellent product, in keeping with what your operation has produced in the past if not actually surpassing it this time.

I have a question. The answer may not lie with you however you may be able to give some hints on where to look.

I just departed Gander Intl Apt westbound empty. Got up to about 9000 ft, set MAP at about 34-35 inches, RPM at 2100, and mixture control at roughly the juncture between the blue and the red - what should correspond to low medium - high weak mixture (BTW it's possible to know, with your product, when you "cross the line" with mixture and fade into the low regions because the engine note will change, along with a slight drop in RPM. Just bumping it back up a fraction changes the engine note and the smoothness of the ride - RPM will climb too - and we're operating at peak efficiency, if what was taught me years ago is correct).

My question has to do with built-in failures. I mentioned being straight and level with the above settings over the Maritimes. I had held this course for roughly 10 minutes. After leaving the keyboard for about five minutes, with the bird on autopilot, I returned to find the right engine feathered, our heading altered by 90 degrees to the right, and the bird approaching a stall.

Are there built-in failures in the model?

Also - I remember seeing something somewhere about an "AFK" switch, but can't recall if it's in the FSX settings or on the keyboard. Is this AFK issue a part of the change in the aircraft's behavior?

Sounds to me like you've run out of fuel for the right engine. Did you remember to switch tanks to balance the fuel? The inners should be used once you have established on your flight. Then when they run down to about 10%, switch back to outers, Remember that the switch operation for each side is different. The Left selector will point left for outer and the right selector will point right for outer (pointing "out in each case).

SSI01
November 25th, 2018, 15:54
My apologies, an elementary mistake on my part. Still learning the inst. panel.

Thanks!

EDIT: One of my First Sergeants years ago was a gunner aboard AC-119s in Vietnam and worked the Ho Chi Minh Trail at night. He kept his mission tapes for me to listen to if I felt like it. He has since passed away but I remember him when I look at this thing. Don't know if you're contemplating it but someday hopefully there'll be a Stinger/Shadow.

Testimony to this thing's strength - he told me about the night an NVA 37mm shell or two blew the bottom out of most of the cargo compartment and sprayed hydraulic fluid over everything, including their parachutes. They made it back to NKP, I think, no one was seriously hurt.

SH427
November 26th, 2018, 07:10
Thank you AH for finally breaking the C-119 curse!
Bought it the other day and looking forward to putting more hours on the airframes. I don't know why but I was initially under the impression that you weren't doing the PW R-4360 marks, but I'm happy to see you did!
I think perhaps on my days off this week I'm going to poke around with the paintkit.

thefrog
November 26th, 2018, 07:39
Now this is available at JF (at a good price!) I might just purchase it.

Fireball6
November 27th, 2018, 06:13
Thanks Bazz and Team - great job !!! :applause: I never had so much fun flying a "Sandwich-Package" with wings. It is a great package and a real "funflyer"

All the Best

Dirk

Wim
November 27th, 2018, 09:45
Just rushed to JustFlight and spend my last savings, Bazz and Team you did a great job, fine aircraft to fly and great detail, no frame rate killer as well.
And for now back to the skies again in this great flyer. :applause:

bazzar
November 27th, 2018, 12:38
Thanks guys, very much appreciated. Keep an eye out for future Service Packs and other goodies to come.:engel016:

jim
November 27th, 2018, 12:56
OK "bazzar" says airspeed is indicated in MPH. So how do I change FSX so that it reads MPH & not KPH. Been trying to do this for years.

pilto von pilto
November 27th, 2018, 14:47
OK "bazzar" says airspeed is indicated in MPH. So how do I change FSX so that it reads MPH & not KPH. Been trying to do this for years.

Dont think it is possible that would require a change to stock FSX functionality. But would make a great gauge idea. Eg some boffin could make a gauge that copies the information red text at the top but lets it be user defined like they have in Xplane.

Or we ask LM to add this to P3d , make it work like forza racing does where you hit a button to change mph to kmh readout for the hud.

Catboat
November 27th, 2018, 17:24
Good Morning All,

I guess Bazzar, this is mainly for you. Below is part of a message sent to the help desk of AH. "Firstly thanks again for providing further download applications. Having followed your instructions and added .exe to the download, I successfully installed the Base Model. I used the two of the extra downloads today to try to install SP1. Like the original, when appearing on my downloads it lacked the .exe. Added same, and successfully added SP1, or so I thought. When logging on again, still no L/H door and R/H nose-gear door. Disabled Anti-Virus program, downloaded again, added .exe, and installed without any problem. Still no doors or obvious fixes. Followed installation thread all the way through to Airplanes, brought up A.H. Fairchild C119, Checked Documentation-Changes Log , and there is SP1 detailed with all the changes, installed todays date!! Shut down computer, Started again, brought up the C119, no doors or obvious changes. Sorry folks, I hate to be a pain but does anyone have any ideas where we go from here, short of waiting for the changes to be incorporated in an amended Base Model. "

I know A.H. are working very hard to come up with a solution, but I don't think it does any harm to see if anyone at S.O.H. has any ideas as well. I know the C119 is now available from J.F, and I am assuming that all the up-dates and S.P.s have been included in the J.F. model, but naturally I do not want to go to the expense. I have never had any problems with previous A.H. purchases, though some have been purchased through J.F.

To all concerned, I think it's a great model-I'm having great fun as it is, even with that pesky L/H para door being open etc. The C119 is one of my all-time favourites, and I aim to get it right.

Wim
November 27th, 2018, 20:50
checked the aircraft as purchased from JF but no of the mentioned issues are shown or was there any trouble downloading it.
The lh and rh nose gear doors are there and the front lh/rh gear doors open and close when retracting / extending the gears.
All seem to work well . To MHO the JF download is ok and something else is causing those troubles mentioned.

Ramjett53
November 30th, 2018, 10:39
Finished my first repaint of the AH-C119...decided to go with a classic (minus the JATOof course)...

https://i.imgur.com/kDjjP1H.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ku5mS4b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lGAIf8F.jpg

Not a fan of the repaint kit, but thankful there is one. Getting lines to match from strakes to booms and doors to fuselage was very, very difficult because the parts are not scaled to each other, but after four days of non-stop painting, saving, opening FSX and looking, closing FSX, repeat I think I came "close"...

Randy

Mike71
November 30th, 2018, 11:48
Nice plane, but tried in vain to get MAP gauges to run up from idle, both FSX SE and P3D4 (RPMs do). Everything else seems OK Running Windows 10, high end desk top.

Any way to make yoke disappear? Don't see one in the manual.

Ramjett53
November 30th, 2018, 12:13
Thanks.

tried in vain to get MAP gauges to run up from idle

From earlier in this thread...

"you will find that the Manifold Pressure gauges are fed through valves which must be opened before a reading will show. They are the two round knobs on the panel marked accordingly. Pull and turn each and the gauges will operate."

Any way to make yoke disappear? Don't see one in the manual

...in the manual...

"You can hide the yoke using a button which just past the yoke, just to right and look low. There will be two flick switches, use the left one."

Randy

bazzar
November 30th, 2018, 12:40
It is important to read the manual carefully. There is info in there that is critical to the correct operation of the C-119.:engel016:

Mike71
November 30th, 2018, 14:02
It is important to read the manual carefully. There is info in there that is critical to the correct operation of the C-119.:engel016:

Thanks - "Mea culpa" ---

Tried pdf search function, obviously didn't work to well

blkbart
December 7th, 2018, 06:52
I downloaded the airplane yesterday and am really glad I did so. I consider it to be right at the top of the modern payware airplanes and at a very reasonable price.

After flying it for a time, one small thing caught my eye--the attitude direction indicator seems to be missing the adjustable "symbolic airplane" that the horizon bar moves behind during flight. The clickspot (hand) comes up when I put the mouse over the black knob at the bottom of the instrument but clicking it has no effect.

No big deal, but the adjustable bar can come in handy during instrument conditions as a ready reference of where the airplane sits in relation to the horizon.

Many thanks for the effort put in to provide this wonderful aircraft.

jankees
December 7th, 2018, 11:34
I like it!
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4853/46220851651_d8df9a1924_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dqnWTn)jk6843 (https://flic.kr/p/2dqnWTn)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4868/45308051825_5336575959_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2c2HBik)jk6847 (https://flic.kr/p/2c2HBik)

AussieMan
December 7th, 2018, 14:17
My bank account finally released the funds for me to purchase this beauty on Thursday (actually pension day :biggrin-new:) and still rading the manual.

jankees
December 8th, 2018, 02:54
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4849/31289331797_b0217f3d1b_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/PEW1eT)jk6868 (https://flic.kr/p/PEW1eT)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4855/32355835428_fd68577fdd_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Rib7Bw)jk6875 (https://flic.kr/p/Rib7Bw)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4917/45504360884_0b4fe4ece3_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2ck4K9h)jk6879 (https://flic.kr/p/2ck4K9h)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4803/45504360444_2381ea4463_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2ck4K1G)jk6888 (https://flic.kr/p/2ck4K1G)

Timmy74
December 9th, 2018, 11:00
Finished my first repaint of the AH-C119...decided to go with a classic (minus the JATOof course)...

https://i.imgur.com/kDjjP1H.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ku5mS4b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lGAIf8F.jpg

Not a fan of the repaint kit, but thankful there is one. Getting lines to match from strakes to booms and doors to fuselage was very, very difficult because the parts are not scaled to each other, but after four days of non-stop painting, saving, opening FSX and looking, closing FSX, repeat I think I came "close"...

Randy

She looks great! When will you release this paint please?

Cheers,
Tim.

Ramjett53
December 10th, 2018, 15:30
She looks great! When will you release this paint please?

Honestly Tim, I had never thought to do so and not sure how even if I wanted to...staff?

Also, not sure if there is a place to report bugs, but in the course of over 50 or so hours of flying I have noticed three things...

1) Carb Heat seems to only "push" the carb temp to +12 degrees centigrade and no higher. Is that normal? Also, the right switch seems to have no effect on carb temp, although it is clickable. The left switch on and the right switch off raises the heat in both sides to 12 degrees.

2) I have yet to get cylinder head temp above 180 degrees centigrade, so not even in to the "green" band, even with cowl flaps closed, sitting on the ground, with engines at high rev. Also, same situation as the carb heat...both cowl flap switches are clickable, but the left one appears to control both engines and the right one just "clicks".

3) Have I missed something in regards to the altimeter. Other than pushing "B" on the keyboard I can find no way to set the barometric pressure value to get a correct altimeter reading.

Randy

Timmy74
December 10th, 2018, 18:28
Honestly Tim, I had never thought to do so and not sure how even if I wanted to...staff?

Also, not sure if there is a place to report bugs, but in the course of over 50 or so hours of flying I have noticed three things...

1) Carb Heat seems to only "push" the carb temp to +12 degrees centigrade and no higher. Is that normal? Also, the right switch seems to have no effect on carb temp, although it is clickable. The left switch on and the right switch off raises the heat in both sides to 12 degrees.

2) I have yet to get cylinder head temp above 180 degrees centigrade, so not even in to the "green" band, even with cowl flaps closed, sitting on the ground, with engines at high rev. Also, same situation as the carb heat...both cowl flap switches are clickable, but the left one appears to control both engines and the right one just "clicks".

3) Have I missed something in regards to the altimeter. Other than pushing "B" on the keyboard I can find no way to set the barometric pressure value to get a correct altimeter reading.

Randy

Hello Randy,

I fully concur with your findings.

Your paint looks great even if you keep her all to yourself....LOL!!!

Cheers,
Tim.

jankees
December 13th, 2018, 13:20
my next project:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4891/46305018451_c3cba90616_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dxPjK6)jk6995 (https://flic.kr/p/2dxPjK6)

Ramjett53
December 13th, 2018, 15:42
To Staff and Moderators

I have had a couple of subscribers ask for the Hemet Valley Flying Service repaint, but I don't know how or where to upload repaints to SoH for others to download.

Because AH used 4096X4096 pixel-sized textures the zipped texture file is 48 MBs and my email provider only allows up to 25 MBs. I hate to send it out in pieces and parts so uploading here would be ideal.

Any Help?

Randy

jankees
December 14th, 2018, 01:58
I had some problems with mirrored textures, so changed the registration to something symmetrical:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4818/31371924957_8951b4d372_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/PNejiT)jk7016 (https://flic.kr/p/PNejiT)

gray eagle
December 14th, 2018, 07:56
If memory serves, didn't the C119's have a clam shell like doors that opened? I guess this version doesn't feature that animation however, I did notice that when a jeep is dropped, the
doors are gone.

jankees
December 14th, 2018, 08:03
one more:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4870/46264312492_8fc9b0fdf7_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dudGhd)jk7065 (https://flic.kr/p/2dudGhd)

and a more detailed shot of the noseart:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4878/46264312372_77c4c2127a_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dudGf9)jk7067 (https://flic.kr/p/2dudGf9)

and yes, when you want to drop jeeps, the doors are gone. In reality, they often flew without doors to drop large cargo's.

gray eagle
December 14th, 2018, 08:47
Navy/Marine version was called R4Q
Interesting video of the tail section and engine of a F9F Panther into a R4Q/C119 - lots of teamwork enlisted/offer alike.
Looks like later in the video the clam doors were manually shut.
Notice that back in the day Navy Chiefs could wear dungarees like the white hats; the CPOs missed that working uniform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh1wQ2cUoTk

gray eagle
December 14th, 2018, 15:06
HUH? Was that the way it was spelled?

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYrXRfTZ/Capture.jpg

Ramjett53
December 14th, 2018, 16:03
For those who have asked or PM'd me, I just finished uploading the "Hemet Valley Flying Service" Fire Tanker repaint to the Warbirds Library thanks to great help and guidance from jankees. You can find it here...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=184

Before uploading I "fixed" the elongated N-Number on the booms. Be kind...I am far from professional and use Gimp2.8 as my "go to" texture editor.

Enjoy...

Randy

bazzar
December 15th, 2018, 00:10

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYrXRfTZ/Capture.jpg

According to official pilots notes, yes.

Also, for those that don't know, the models come in three varieties. Clean, with no cargo or paratroops, Paratroop carrier (with opening clam doors) and Cargo drop (with clam doors removed) Obviously for paratroop drops the right rear jump door is removed. This is actioned by a visibilty tag when paratroops are selected.

gray eagle
December 15th, 2018, 08:33
https://i.postimg.cc/4yzFjF2w/Capture.jpg

Is that suppose to read Shift + 1(numeric) or Shift + I (alpha) - I suspect the former. It's the only one that works.
It looks like the only way to get a jeep drop is to choose the cargo texture version - all others only allow a trooper drop only.

Edit: It looks like nothing will drop from the Thunderbirds texture. At least I haven't been able to do so.

gray eagle
December 15th, 2018, 10:41
I've discovered that if I want a texture that only drops troopers to drop a jeep, is to add to the model= section of the aircraft.cfg model=cargo and it will then have no doors
with a jeep in it and it is converted to a jeep dropper. That works for me.

This one was originally a troop dropper only but converted to a jeep dropper:
I changed the title to read: title=AH_Fairchild C119F Vietnam Cargo
and add model=cargo in the aircraft.cfg file, Now I can choose this particular texture to drop just troops or just a jeep
(I had to duplicate the first original one and add cargo to the model section)
So it would seem that this logic would apply to any of the other troop droppers.
When I first read about the "configuration tool" in the manual, I had this notion that one could configure any of the supplied aircraft to drop troops or a jeep.

https://i.postimg.cc/K8xRQVC0/Capture.jpg

eddie
December 15th, 2018, 12:10
Very nice gray eagle, that looks great!

gray eagle
December 15th, 2018, 12:14
Very nice gray eagle, that looks great!

Thanks eddie. :engel016:

jankees
December 16th, 2018, 07:27
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4842/44523608170_29de6a2e83_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2aQp8wJ)jk7190 (https://flic.kr/p/2aQp8wJ)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4848/44523608100_4ee3414a5a_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2aQp8vw)jk7202 (https://flic.kr/p/2aQp8vw)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4859/44523607340_453d71eb4d_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2aQp8hq)jk7205 (https://flic.kr/p/2aQp8hq)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4812/46340596681_27d09b28e1_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dAXEUR)jk7213 (https://flic.kr/p/2dAXEUR)

jim
December 18th, 2018, 07:15
Jankees, there is a problem with this texture. It will not load into FSX. Something to do with the "thumbnail".
Aeroplane Heaven C-119 USAF #132.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=230&linkid=24993)

MrZippy
December 18th, 2018, 07:53
Looks like a slight ooopsie!:dizzy:

bazzar
December 18th, 2018, 12:23
Maybe your install corrupted? Nothing wrong here.:engel016:

jim
December 18th, 2018, 13:01
I get this message: "Central & local directory mismatch for file 'texture, jk, USAF_132thumbnail.jpg (crc32-local:COB14D4D hex central 9CD6B5F4'
hex. Severe error: Local & central CRC values don't match.
I Ive never seen this message before. All other Jankees paints have been loaded without any problems. Anybody got any ideas??

WarHorse47
December 18th, 2018, 13:08
I get this message: "Central & local directory mismatch for file 'texture, jk, USAF_132thumbnail.jpg (crc32-local:COB14D4D hex central 9CD6B5F4'
hex. Severe error: Local & central CRC values don't match.
I Ive never seen this message before. All other Jankees paints have been loaded without any problems. Anybody got any ideas??Delete the offending thumbnail.jpg file. I just created a new one.

jim
December 18th, 2018, 13:43
That works!

Josh Patterson
December 20th, 2018, 13:01

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYrXRfTZ/Capture.jpg The manual must have been written by Englishmen. (They spell tire with a "Y" too. Actually makes sense to me to differentiate between "tire" and "tyre") English is weird. Lead and read. If you lead a person, they've been led, but if you read a book then it has been read. (Unless you've dropped it in the paint, then it is red.):banghead:

SSI01
December 20th, 2018, 17:10
Indeed, but then there is "schedule" - pronounced "skedule" by Americans, "shedjule" by the English.

When Dad was in SE England waiting to cross the Channel into Europe, they used to ask the British folks who used their pronunciation, "Where did you learn to talk like that - in shool? (school)"

George Bernard Shaw was right when he described the English and the Americans as two peoples separated by a common language.

PS - In my many jaunts through manuals and descriptions of instrument panels during the years I've been into flight sims, I've run across the interchangeable terms "light" and "lamp" when describing lights (or "lamps") on the subject panel. Will someone please tell me what the difference is?

Josh Patterson
December 20th, 2018, 18:12
Indeed, but then there is "schedule" - pronounced "skedule" by Americans, "shedjule" by the English.

When Dad was in SE England waiting to cross the Channel into Europe, they used to ask the British folks who used their pronunciation, "Where did you learn to talk like that - in shool? (school)"

George Bernard Shaw was right when he described the English and the Americans as two peoples separated by a common language.

PS - In my many jaunts through manuals and descriptions of instrument panels during the years I've been into flight sims, I've run across the interchangeable terms "light" and "lamp" when describing lights (or "lamps") on the subject panel. Will someone please tell me what the difference is? Schedule! In Jurassic Park when Dr. Grant and Satler first meet John Hammond he says "schedule" both ways. "Correcting" himself from Kings to American mid-sentence so they can presumably understand what he means. You also just reminded me of the language conversion chart at the beginning of Haynes manuals! (Specific emphasis on the use of the word "torch"!) Jeremy Clarkson also likes to make fun of how we pronounce "Jaguar".

SSI01
December 20th, 2018, 18:37
You know, I forgot that torch/flashlight thing, as much as I did the spanner/wrench conflict as well. Then there the American "al-TIMiter" vice the English "ALTI-meter."

But all this pales in comparison to the plight that has been visited upon our stalwart friend, the little monkey who accompanied George Kennedy without complaint while the both of them were stuck in the desert fixing up this Phoenix creation.

He hasn't been included in the passengers spread along the wing!!

Calamity!

Do we go back and get him?

SSI01
December 20th, 2018, 18:47
WarHorse, I got the same msg as Charlie. You mention eliminating the thumbnail.jpg file. I've transferred the offending file to the desktop in an attempt to eliminate that .jpg.

EDIT: No sweat. I just figured it out. JK was considerate enough to include some other screenshots for us to use.

Josh Patterson
December 21st, 2018, 12:58
You know, I forgot that torch/flashlight thing, as much as I did the spanner/wrench conflict as well. Then there the American "al-TIMiter" vice the English "ALTI-meter."

But all this pales in comparison to the plight that has been visited upon our stalwart friend, the little monkey who accompanied George Kennedy without complaint while the both of them were stuck in the desert fixing up this Phoenix creation.

He hasn't been included in the passengers spread along the wing!!

Calamity!

Do we go back and get him? Oh, and aloo-mini-um! I think the monkey is a goner. Stalwart watchdog of an abandoned plane....:crushed:

pilto von pilto
December 21st, 2018, 15:07
Oh, and aloo-mini-um! I think the monkey is a goner. Stalwart watchdog of an abandoned plane....:crushed:

We started on the monkey but... if you run the exterior as the interior and look at the people very closely... The passengers all look like mike myers whereing a mask of mike meyers wearing a human mask. The monkey started to look like some sort of rat faced gremlin from the labyrinth movie. George Kennedy would have dropped the abomination off the edge of the wing as soon as he could in fact its face looked a little like this -> :crushed:

gray eagle
December 22nd, 2018, 05:34
Thought I'd post some pics of the C-119 transformed as the Phoenix -

https://i.postimg.cc/kMbgNyfq/phoenix.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/yNxVDhDq/phoenix1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/kMK7Rgg5/Phoenix2.jpg

gray eagle
December 22nd, 2018, 05:46
We started on the monkey but... if you run the exterior as the interior and look at the people very closely... The passengers all look like mike myers whereing a mask of mike meyers wearing a human mask. The monkey started to look like some sort of rat faced gremlin from the labyrinth movie. George Kennedy would have dropped the abomination off the edge of the wing as soon as he could in fact its face looked a little like this -> :crushed:

When putting this all together, did anyone entertain adding the bits left over from the C-119 (C82) as the Phoenix was firing up? I supposed that would entail
extra code plus a commit to adding scenery location. Just an afterthought..... I just locate the Phoenix at/near "OEBA" Saudi Arabia and go from there.

pilto von pilto
December 22nd, 2018, 12:20
When putting this all together, did anyone entertain adding the bits left over from the C-119 (C82) as the Phoenix was firing up? I supposed that would entail
extra code plus a commit to adding scenery location. Just an afterthought..... I just locate the Phoenix at/near "OEBA" Saudi Arabia and go from there.

And a LOT of work. The phoenix was about a 3 day job from start to finish with a further 1/2 day to convert to PBR. We really couldnt spend any more time than that on it.

I think people would expect the spars from the attachment points on the fuselage to be there and the damage, the dead engine , the pulley system they used to winch the wing over etc. Just not going to make it in the time period allocated for something that is really just a piece of silliness! :biggrin-new:

gray eagle
December 22nd, 2018, 12:26
And a LOT of work. The phoenix was about a 3 day job from start to finish with a further 1/2 day to convert to PBR. We really couldnt spend any more time than that on it.

I think people would expect the spars from the attachment points on the fuselage to be there and the damage, the dead engine , the pulley system they used to winch the wing over etc. Just not going to make it in the time period allocated for something that is really just a piece of silliness! :biggrin-new:

True...true...it all stems from a fictional account of a movie but, the effort to recreate this for a sim is appreciated. :engel016:

Mario Donadon
December 23rd, 2018, 00:47
could it do the texture of the C-82 of the Brazilian Air Force?

https://i.imgur.com/mO2JPcg.jpg

jankees
December 23rd, 2018, 08:14
I'll see what I can do, but first this one (still wip):

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4836/45711074594_4b881295c4_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cDkcVL)jk7279 (https://flic.kr/p/2cDkcVL)

and I still need to finish this one;
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4914/44617640020_bfb8d3e605_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2aYH4Vw)jk7270 (https://flic.kr/p/2aYH4Vw)

Taco
December 23rd, 2018, 09:00
I guess I need to get me glasses changed, these pictures of the Boxcar sure looks great to me as is hehe. Thanks:applause:

jankees
December 24th, 2018, 04:52
ok, check your glasses and spot the difference:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4828/45722489914_85a7062f0a_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHiC)PH001 (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHiC)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7888/45722490184_8947757ce0_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHoh)N15 05 (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHoh)

Catboat
December 24th, 2018, 05:04
ok, check your glasses and spot the difference:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4828/45722489914_85a7062f0a_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHiC)PH001 (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHiC)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7888/45722490184_8947757ce0_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHoh)N15 05 (https://flic.kr/p/2cEkHoh)

New Registration N15501. Merry Christmas to all.

JPVisser
December 24th, 2018, 11:28
New Registration N15501. Merry Christmas to all.

Plus the second rivet from the left aft of the cockpit is now present, it was missing in the previous shots :P

jankees
December 24th, 2018, 13:58
Plus an additional oil streak on the 4th cowl flap on the right engine, you are indeed correct. I uploaded the N-reg, the other to follow soon, together with this one:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7837/45532873825_eac236f74a_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cnzT3H)jk7303 (https://flic.kr/p/2cnzT3H)

Twice43
December 24th, 2018, 14:21
Plus an additional oil streak on the 4th cowl flap on the right engine, you are indeed correct. I uploaded the N-reg, the other to follow soon, together with this one:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7837/45532873825_eac236f74a_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cnzT3H)jk7303 (https://flic.kr/p/2cnzT3H)

As regards detail - if you start at the C-119 nose & look back along the top of the fuselage you can see, - in line, a round 'window'?, followed by a streamlined black object, then a black horizontal water buffalo horns shaped aerial?, & another streamlined black object.

What actually are the 4 items I have loosely described?

T43

r678idtyj
December 24th, 2018, 22:00
Hi, the dome was used for (visual) astral navigation. The 2 teardrop shapes should be aero versions of the old "loop" DF antennas and the "boomerang" a VHF one, I think.

jankees
December 27th, 2018, 05:46
one last boxcar:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4844/31546887147_262bf39280_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3tn)jk7336 (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3tn)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4851/44669630830_a50f92b9fd_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2b4iwYN)jk7347 (https://flic.kr/p/2b4iwYN)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7892/31546886907_c505d4e1bf_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3pe)jk7348 (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3pe)

Navy Chief
December 27th, 2018, 08:07
Jankees,

I had sent you a email about a request I have for your Flight of the Phoenix repaint? Would you please consider doing the Phoenix repaint for the original movie from 1965, starring Jimmy Stewart? The aircraft had some color to it! Thanks, NC

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66040&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66041&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66042&stc=1

Navy Chief
December 27th, 2018, 08:09
More

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66044&stc=1

gray eagle
December 27th, 2018, 13:11
Jankees,

I had sent you a email about a request I have for your Flight of the Phoenix repaint? Would you please consider doing the Phoenix repaint for the original movie from 1965, starring Jimmy Stewart? The aircraft had some color to it! Thanks, NC

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66040&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66041&stc=1

+1 :encouragement:

Navy Chief
December 27th, 2018, 13:36
Have not bought the model yet, but WILL, with the addition of the above-mentioned repaint! NC

Mario Donadon
December 27th, 2018, 14:51
one last boxcar:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4844/31546887147_262bf39280_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3tn)jk7336 (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3tn)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4851/44669630830_a50f92b9fd_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2b4iwYN)jk7347 (https://flic.kr/p/2b4iwYN)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7892/31546886907_c505d4e1bf_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3pe)jk7348 (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3pe)

uaooo :jump::jump::jump:

JPVisser
December 30th, 2018, 04:43
Very pretty paints, Jan Kees.

doublecool
December 30th, 2018, 06:24
one last boxcar:

jk7347 (https://flic.kr/p/2b4iwYN)

jk7348 (https://flic.kr/p/Q4G3pe)

jankees, oh Please one more... an "Air America"

SH427
December 31st, 2018, 15:19
I will second that!

jankees
January 1st, 2019, 03:32

so what should that look like? I painted one with French roundels, these were flown by Air America pilots.
Gray Eagle: sorry, no plans for the C-82 version at the moment

doublecool
January 1st, 2019, 04:43
so what should that look like? I painted one with French roundels, these were flown by Air America pilots.
Gray Eagle: sorry, no plans for the C-82 version at the moment

Blue and Shine...hopefully link works
https://goo.gl/images/E4Fxudhttps://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Forigina ls%2F95%2F4a%2F08%2F954a081bb33d2fb84405ebb937ba51 20.png&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F 480900066443994284%2F&docid=W82l1EDkYizd0M&tbnid=VDewbAyllSl81M%3A&vet=1&w=850&h=317&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim

and/or US full camo

(https://goo.gl/images/E4Fxud)

MASTER
September 6th, 2020, 14:15
This my repaint of italian Boxcar 1965 correct
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9625/I22jan.png (https://imageshack.com/i/pnI22janp)
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/2033/mlG96S.png
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7697/2h3uNv.png

vesion 1956

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9379/HBVcrD.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/poHBVcrDj) ( but there is a error in the model texture map

MZee1960
February 6th, 2022, 19:22
Looking forward to this one, ....... and adding some more 'jankees' repaints as well !