PDA

View Full Version : D501 preliminary out

gastonj
November 21st, 2018, 05:51
Hello,

The Dewoitine d501 is available in version 0.9 on the website of the "Royale French Navy".

http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Creations.htm#Avi

Some screens ..

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/47/3/1542811604-d501-3c3.jpg

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/47/3/1542811613-cockpit4.jpg

It is still incomplete due to the lack of documentation on certain specificities but we are still looking for.

The D500 family represents what was best in the early 30's in terms of fighter in France. Compare with the Boeing P26 Peashooter contemporary and you can get an idea of ​​the talent of its designer Emile Dewoitine.

The flight model of JP Bourgeois is very realistic if one refers to the data of the time. Powerful and lightweight, with a fixed pitch propeller, no flaps, it's hard to slow down to get the landing speed. It's true to reality. Plan for a final approach of 140/150 km/h for a landing at 120 km/h.

Consult the summary documentation in French. If you do not read French, any translator will get you out of trouble.

The selection of the weapons is carried out, round counters are active (500 for the machine guns and 60 for the canon), keyboard command for shoot = arming spoilers.

The modeled instruments (gauges) are consistent with the real ones.

Fuels tanks are selectable : all, center or wings (left and right simultaneous) so are the tank gauges (center + right tanks or left+ right tanks).

The work is still in progress, the complete D500 series is planned.

A regrettable omission has been made in the documentation. The model uses Doug Dawson's formidable sound management module.

JMC

huub vink
November 21st, 2018, 06:37
Thanks JMC, its always very nice to see new models which are not main stream.

Cheers,
Huub

Roger
November 21st, 2018, 13:10
Likewise, many thanks JMC.

warchild
November 21st, 2018, 13:57
Quite the change from what ive been flying. Its beautifully done. Thank you sir..
Pam.

magoo
November 23rd, 2018, 09:30
I just found this, my compliments!

A beautifully rendered model, inside and out. I don't know so much about the plane, but the flight model seems very "right", very well done.

For the sim, the pilot has great visibility from the cockpit, making this a great plane for scenic touring. It's a real treat to see the '501 spring from the grainy black and white photos in old books, and come to life again.

A real evocation!

Certainly a keeper, I'll put some flight hours on this delight.

Gaston, thank you for your generosity, your hard work and artistry is most appreciated!!

:ernaehrung004:
Cheers!

alain0568
November 23rd, 2018, 11:30
Hello,

Bonsoir Gaston,

-Superbe machine!:encouragement:
Félicitations pour ce travail!:applause:
J'adore!

Alain
-

b52bob
November 24th, 2018, 06:51
This era is really not my cup of tea but I liked the look of the plane. Glad I downloaded it, it is superb and a keeper.
what a beautiful job you did with this. My thanks.

falcon409
November 25th, 2018, 04:15
JMC, like B52bob this type airplane isn't my normal cup of tea, but I had to give it try and I am really enjoying it. The only thing that I don't find enjoyable is the wind noise. There's a break in the loop that is quite obvious and after the first flight I found myself paying more attention to the pause than to the scenery below me or the beautiful VC. I have tried everything to eliminate the wind noise (commented out all references to wind in the sound config file and removed all wind soundfiles from the main sound folder). . .yet the wind noise persists. I hope that sound isn't part of the mdl file, lol.

gastonj
November 25th, 2018, 04:54
JMC, like B52bob this type airplane isn't my normal cup of tea, but I had to give it try and I am really enjoying it. The only thing that I don't find enjoyable is the wind noise. There's a break in the loop that is quite obvious and after the first flight I found myself paying more attention to the pause than to the scenery below me or the beautiful VC. I have tried everything to eliminate the wind noise (commented out all references to wind in the sound config file and removed all wind soundfiles from the main sound folder). . .yet the wind noise persists. I hope that sound isn't part of the mdl file, lol.

Hello,

No the wind sound is not part of the model but a gauge done with D Dawson module. You can stop this by commenting "gauge05=D500!vent, 0,3,4,4" in the panel.cfg section VC.

"vent" is the French word for "wind" (lol)!

JMC

falcon409
November 25th, 2018, 05:40
Thanks JMC, yep, was just coming back to the forum to say I had found the culprit. Thanks!

falcon409
November 25th, 2018, 07:35
I have done a translation of the various documents and combined them into a PDF file to include the screen shots. If someone would like to read it over and suggest changes where necessary I will be glad to make the corrections and then post for any folks who want it. Also can someone explain what "Viet" stands for? If I try to translate it says it's Vietnamese, lol

gastonj
November 25th, 2018, 08:56
Hello,
Thank's for the translation! Viet is a trademark for an air compressed engine starter.
This equipment was standard in French aircraft of the time. It is possible to simulate this engine start.
JMC

falcon409
November 25th, 2018, 12:00
I made some changes, corrected some typos. . .here's an updated version. As I said. . .I'm looking for suggestions, changes in how I translated the French language to English. It's not always easy to decipher what even the translation might mean so I took my best shot. If nothing needs changing, that's great but if it does, point it out and I'll fix it.

huub vink
November 25th, 2018, 13:31
Brilliant work JMC, thanks :encouragement:

https://i.imgur.com/MtRVyk4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/quO9QNe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3SvmG4m.jpg

It must have been cold out there :snowman:

magoo
November 25th, 2018, 13:44
...At least the big Vee-twelve would keep your feet warm.....