PDA

View Full Version : Problem with GC BF110 in ETO

wsmwsm
October 9th, 2008, 06:14
I have attempted to install the Ground Crew BF110 G-2 R4 in ETO. I first installed everything (shared files etc.) in my regular CFS3 install, then copied everything to ETO (since the self-installer can't be directed to ETO). While the aircraft appears in ETO, when I choose a loadout, the game closes, suggesting a pylons issue. Again, all of the shared files were copied to ETO. The plane works fine in my regular CFS3 install.

I've installed, reinstalled several times. The aircraft should show pylons even when "clean" but they don't appear, although the pylon folders are there.

Any help would be appreciated.

ronnybengt
October 9th, 2008, 06:16
hello m8
this problem is an intricate one...isolved it by copying and pasting from cfs 3 vanilla...and made sure nothing was overwritten....some files are missing..in the effects IIRC....
before this action backup pylons, effects and weapon folders

RBP..how do we solve this...???
remeber??

R

OberstDanjeje
October 9th, 2008, 06:47
Which loadout do u chose?
The problem could be the weapon also

Mathias
October 9th, 2008, 08:42
Ok ok, seems there is some demand to get the old crate in an easy to use zip file so here it is.
http://www.classics-hangar.de/privat/groundcrew/GC_Bf110G2.zip
I hope I caught all bits and pieces, the original install files are somewhere on CD and I'm just too lazy to look for it so I grabbed it off my CFS install.:costumes:
If there's something missing let me know and I'll add it.
Don't forget to check the readme on effects installation.

wsmwsm
October 9th, 2008, 11:07
Thanks. Installed the extracted version, but no go. Now the weapons appear, but after "fly" is chosen, CFS3 crashes to desktop again. Needed to delete the uiesel folder to get going again.

Interestingly, when I installed this version, the only file that didn't overwrite the existing file was "Guns".

Oh well.

ronnybengt
October 9th, 2008, 11:11
m8..i experienced the same....i couldnt notice any files beeing added..but after "the adding"( no overwrite allowed) if we can call it that...they flew...

strange

R

grizzly50
October 9th, 2008, 11:45
:kilroy:Wsmwsm, make sure you have all of necessary pylons, too. Sometimes that will cause the problem.:d

wsmwsm
October 9th, 2008, 11:56
As far as I can tell, I have everything and it's identicle. But the BF110 in my regular install works while the one installed in ETO causes a crash.

grizzly50
October 9th, 2008, 12:03
:kilroy:Wsmwsm, check the sound.cfg file in the 110. See if it is aliased to something in stock CFS3. The sound it may be aliased to in stock CFS3 may be different in ETO.:d

As far as I can tell, I have everything and it's identicle. But the BF110 in my regular install works while the one installed in ETO causes a crash.

Mathias
October 9th, 2008, 12:21
If you allow to overwrite there shouldn't be a problem with sound alias because soundfiles are included to the above file.
Don't forget to nuke the bdp files after installation.

rbp71854
October 9th, 2008, 13:28
Ronny I seem to recall, like you thought, that it was guns that were missing once we added them we were okay.

wsmwsm
October 9th, 2008, 14:41
It gets wierder. I nuked the BDP files for every installation try, except the last after Matthias posted the download. Then I nuked again.

This time, the plane flies (after selecting a loadout) with no crash except. . .

In flight, there is "No ordinance available" (even thought it appeared on the aircraft when the plane and ordinance was selected) and no machine guns or cannon when the space bar is pressed.

Very strange.

wsmwsm
October 12th, 2008, 11:38
After downloading and installing Mathias' extracted files, in retrospect, the only aircraft with a problem is the g2r4. The remainder of the g2 series is fine.

Thanks again.

ronnybengt
October 12th, 2008, 11:55
..thats something ....making progress...GOOD 4 you..m8:ernae:

R

wsmwsm
October 12th, 2008, 15:39
Gosh. Spoke too soon. Now I've found out that when I leave CFS3 ETO with one of the Bf110 g2's (for example, the g2r3 or the g2u7) when I restart the game, I get the program must close message. I'm just going to delete them and move on.