PDA

View Full Version : Searching for small Regional jet or small Business jet

Dave22
November 9th, 2018, 12:46
Normally I fly VFR with the A2A C172 and Cherokee over ORBX land, no issues. I also enjoy certain Carenado planes every now and then, generally without performance issues.

Recently I have the IFR bug, and have been flying the default CRJ night & day IFR, to see how it impacts VAS and frame. It works fine, and I'm enjoying the IFR aspect. So, wanted to upgrade to a moderately nice, but easy, regional or business jet.

I purchased the Just Flight (CLS) Bae 146_200 and and not pleased with the VC design. The VC also exhibits severe flickering and stuttering when changing views to co-pilot area, etc. Before the Bae 146_200 purchase I watched a few video's and looked at many screenshots, but after installing the plane, the VC did not meet my satisfaction, and the performance was as noted. A ticket with Just Flight has been entered, however...

I'm looking for Regional Jet or Business Jet purchase suggestions that are not overly complicated, and reasonably easy on computer resource. Nice looking VC is important to my enjoyment.

Thanks in advance.

blanston12
November 9th, 2018, 16:21
There is the Dassault Falcon 20E being discussed on the P3D section of the forum.

PeteHam
November 9th, 2018, 17:14
For a payware Exec Jet I highly recommend the Lionheart Creations Lear Jet 24B.

It's brilliant.

Pete.

Josh Patterson
November 9th, 2018, 18:21
For a payware Exec Jet I highly recommend the Lionheart Creations Lear Jet 24B.

It's brilliant.

Pete.That is a true statement!! Rob's Aero Files also has the Miles Leopard which is a fun four seater. (And a great price!!)

rpetty
November 9th, 2018, 19:10
If your willing to spend the money Carenado's Citation 550 is very nice. A mixture of analogue and digital instruments with animations and a beautiful VC (especially the cockpit lighting for night flying and hard IMC). Xtreme Prototypes Gates Learjet Model 25 looks great, but I haven't tried it. As far as freeware aircraft I haven't found a business jet with a VC that had textures that were on par with the payware birds, but their are some good external models in the FSND Citation X and Ultra packages.

fsafranek
November 9th, 2018, 21:55
NextGen Simulations (https://nxgnsim.blogspot.com/p/citation-cj4x-for-fsx.html) has a nice Citation CJ4X for FSX and P3D (all versions of both).
It looks much better than the images on the page linked above.

Flysimware (https://flysimware.com/website/) has a nice Learjet 35 and a Falcon 50 soon to be released.

:ernaehrung004:

expat
November 10th, 2018, 00:17
Check out the freeware updated to FSX Dassault Falcon 50 and panel here in the SOH Library. Try it you will like it!

scotth6
November 10th, 2018, 02:46
The Lionheart Learjet is brilliant, as stated above.

If you are after a good looking VC then a Carenado jet would probably be the best choice, as they have beautiful modelling indside and out. Their systems can be a bit simplified, but if medium systems modelling is OK with you then Carenado should be perfect.

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't like the JF BAe-146, I never thought that looked bad at all. It's not great, but not terrible. If you were looking for another BAe-146 or RJ model then Quality Wings make the most popular model for FSX and I think the P3DV4 version is currently close to completion.

In any case you should probably wait a few weeks for the Black Friday sales to get in to full swing.

vora
November 10th, 2018, 04:43
"Nice looking VC and not too deep" actually sounds exactly like Carenado would be your thing. They have two Phenoms with G1000 glass cockpit and two Citations with more conventional cockpits. Also Hawker 850 and Beech Premier IA are worth a look. Thing is while they have the performance tables and avionics well documented they have no docs for the planes themselves, so you have to refer to Youtube for the procedures.

Dave22
November 10th, 2018, 06:23
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, will investigate as many as possible before purchase. Can't afford too many hangar Queens.

As stated, with the Bae 146_200 I get enormous flickering and stuttering when changing views, something I don't experience even with A2A. That's after 3 clean installs, no more of that. Generally, I do like the Carenado VC art work but most of the threads I've read about their jets, even the older jets, have complained about frame rate issues.

Thanks again.

scotth6
November 10th, 2018, 06:51
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, will investigate as many as possible before purchase. Can't afford too many hangar Queens.

As stated, with the Bae 146_200 I get enormous flickering and stuttering when changing views, something I don't experience even with A2A. That's after 3 clean installs, no more of that. Generally, I do like the Carenado VC art work but most of the threads I've read about their jets, even the older jets, have complained about frame rate issues.

Thanks again.

Some of their planes can indeed be a bit hard on the frames, and it is mostly due to all the glass screens. I think some are better than others so research will be key. I don't have any Carenado jets so I can't comment directly. I do have a few of their turbo props and they can be a little hard on frames, but not terrible.

Another nice jet is the Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang. That is also beautifully modelled and has some nice features, including a mp3 player :biggrin-new:. I have had that one for years and still enjoy flying it.

warchild
November 10th, 2018, 14:18
::chuckles:: Usually, I fly VFR, with PMDGs 737NGX @ 40000 feet ::LOL::

Small Business jet in my book would be Carenado's Citation Mustang (c-510 }. It is without a doubt one of the most enjoyable aircraft to fly in both FSX and P3D that i have ever had the pleasure of flying..

Pam

warchild
November 10th, 2018, 14:23

Thanks again.

As recommended above, Carenados C-510 Mustang is not only beautiful and fun, but i gave one to a friend with a really weak computer and it flies perfectly well for them also. No FPS loss noticed.. No, I dont work for carenado and i'm not even really a fan, but i make exception for this plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=l8L_6inVuog

thefrog
November 10th, 2018, 14:30
That's actually the Flight1 Mustang - Carenado don't make one AFAIK, altho' they do make other Cessna bizjets

warchild
November 10th, 2018, 15:00
That's actually the Flight1 Mustang - Carenado don't make one AFAIK, altho' they do make other Cessna bizjets

Yeahh, Sorry. I get confused sometimes. I've got so may aircraft from across almost every platform it isnt funny and this flies like an updated and upgraded carenado ( very easy to manage ) so it gets tossed in with the rest of the carenado's. Sadly, most of my carenados even for x-plane are hangar queens now. they're wonderful planes, but planes like this one are just so much nicer..

https://i.imgur.com/0wywStW.png

Dave22
November 16th, 2018, 05:57
Thanks for the suggestions.

The Just Flight Bae 146_200 still not working properly after multiple downloads and installs.

It appears Just Flight technical support stops replying when no easy solution solves the issue. Never experienced this flickering VC issue with an FSX airplane.

One of the reasons I'm now reluctant to spend money on FSX_A.

Thanks again.