PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NASCAR Trucks/Xfinity

Panther_99FS
November 3rd, 2018, 12:09
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/11/02/chevrolets-sport-new-looks-xfinity-truck-series/

stansdds
November 4th, 2018, 03:21
The trucks look closest to what you can actually buy. NASCAR needs to change its name from National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing to something like National Association of Specialty Car Auto Racing.

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2018, 08:30
The trucks look closest to what you can actually buy. NASCAR needs to change its name from National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing to something like National Association of Specialty Car Auto Racing.

I wonder if it could be solved simply by taking away the templates but - manufacturers must have a minimum sale volume of a car to compete in NASCAR. Say 30,000 units sold world wide per year

stansdds
November 5th, 2018, 03:44
I wonder if it could be solved simply by taking away the templates but - manufacturers must have a minimum sale volume of a car to compete in NASCAR. Say 30,000 units sold world wide per year

Back in the day, NASCAR did have rules requiring the sales of cars and engines in order to qualify them for racing. This is why we saw Chrysler Superbirds (usually with the 440 engine instead of the 426 Hemi), Ford Talladega's, and Boss 429 Mustangs on the dealer lots way back when.

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2018, 09:59
Back in the day, NASCAR did have rules requiring the sales of cars and engines in order to qualify them for racing. This is why we saw Chrysler Superbirds (usually with the 440 engine instead of the 426 Hemi), Ford Talladega's, and Boss 429 Mustangs on the dealer lots way back when.
Hmmm....I'm thinking getting rid of the template and establishing a minimum sales might not be a bad idea...Or get rid of all these cookie cutter "D" ovals....

stansdds
November 8th, 2018, 01:52
Hmmm....I'm thinking getting rid of the template and establishing a minimum sales might not be a bad idea...Or get rid of all these cookie cutter "D" ovals....

And let's see more short track racing.