PDA

View Full Version : New! Freeware Dassault Falcon 20E

expat
October 29th, 2018, 14:30
It's really very nice indeed! Posted at Avsim. Thank you! Can't get enough Falcons. Would love a 900EX . .

Filename:
falcon20e.zip

License:
Freeware

Added:
29th October 2018, 21:23:48

Downloads:

Author:
Arild Elverum

Size:
34658kb

Navy Chief
October 29th, 2018, 16:13
Thanks for the tip! Will download tomorrow! Although it would be a fictitious paint, I'd love to see it in USN colors:untroubled: . NC

rotorhub
October 29th, 2018, 22:07
It's really very nice indeed! Posted at Avsim. Thank you! Can't get enough Falcons. Would love a 900EX . .

Filename:
falcon20e.zip

License:
Freeware

Added:
29th October 2018, 21:23:48

Downloads:

Author:
Arild Elverum

Size:
34658kb

Unfortunatly I needed to issue a small patch for the Cobham interior model. It was uploaded to Avism just now. I will upload the complete package included the fix here later today.
Rotorhub (Arild)

mpni
October 29th, 2018, 23:09
Hi Rotorhub
If you do a patch, can you have a look at the report P3Dv4 :
xlmflap.wav not found
Gauge file not found: Lear_45_XML!popup_electricall
Cabin_altimeter Error: Missing gauge image file: DAF20\Cabin_altimeter_diff_needle.bmp
Gauge file not found: FP_CTL!N310A_Audio_SDAF20t
Gauge file not found: DAF20!DAF20_warn
Gauge Name: Cabin_altimeter Error: 2 values are equal in nonlinearity table
All seems good after that.
Best regards

expat
October 30th, 2018, 03:22
Hi Rotorhub,

I did not have any of the missing gauge messages that mpni reports.

I would however like to have another VC panel.cfg entry for the FMC to work on the co-pilot's/right had side - which I think is missing. FYI - I used the FMC that is in the FSX native freeware (Lavigne et al) Falcon 50 and it works perfectly on the pilot's side of the cockpit of the Falcon 20E. Just completed a test flight with an ILS night landing - all worked very smoothly.

Great work - thanks again!

expat

Corvette99
October 30th, 2018, 05:29
Thanks for the tip! Will download tomorrow! Although it would be a fictitious paint, I'd love to see it in USN colors:untroubled: . NC

Hmmm …
White with orange or white with black and gold stripe ???

Navy Chief
October 30th, 2018, 08:57
Oh, no question, white with gold stripe! Maybe along the lines of this?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64464&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64465&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64466&stc=1

Christian Bahr
October 30th, 2018, 09:23
Hi,

I am very interested in the plane, can someone give a link for download, please?

greetings
Christian

MrZippy
October 30th, 2018, 09:27
Any reason why the VC glass is black? Running this in FSX with SP2.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=falcon20e.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Christian Bahr
October 30th, 2018, 09:52
https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=falcon20e.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Thank you very much for the link!

rotorhub
October 30th, 2018, 12:28
Any reason why the VC glass is black? Running this in FSX with SP2.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64467&stc=1

I think there is a glass.bmp in the texture folder. If you convert it to DDS it should be fixed. I will upload a complete package here later tomorrow.
Sorry for the trouble!

Rotorhub

rotorhub
October 30th, 2018, 12:30
Hi,

I am very interested in the plane, can someone give a link for download, please?

greetings
Christian

I have just done some fixes. I will upload a complete package here tomorrow. :-)
Rotorhub

rotorhub
October 30th, 2018, 12:46
Hi Rotorhub
If you do a patch, can you have a look at the report P3Dv4 :
xlmflap.wav not found
Gauge file not found: Lear_45_XML!popup_electricall
Cabin_altimeter Error: Missing gauge image file: DAF20\Cabin_altimeter_diff_needle.bmp
Gauge file not found: FP_CTL!N310A_Audio_SDAF20t
Gauge file not found: DAF20!DAF20_warn
Gauge Name: Cabin_altimeter Error: 2 values are equal in nonlinearity table
All seems good after that.
Best regards

Thank you for the input. It looks like the final fix made more trouble than it fixed.
Some find and replace operations messed up the cfg.

Sorry for the troubles. The upload here will be complete with fixes, but here are my findings:

Gauge file not found: FP_CTL!N310A_Audio_SDAF20t Should be:
[Vcockpit03]
gauge09=FP_CTL!N310A_Audio_Select, 401, 520, 356, 163 \\Custom working Audio panel based on Cobham N310A

Gauge file not found: DAF20!DAF20_warn Should be
[Vcockpit04]
gauge00=DAF20!ELEC_warn, 5,7,253,141 \\ Dummy gauge overhead

Gauge file not found: Lear_45_XML!popup_electricall should be:
Lear_45_XML!popup_electrical

Cabin diff gauges are replaced with new ones that I made today.
Flapsound need more checking, and perhaps I will alias to another jet. (Turbo jet sounds are recommended)

Best regards
Rotorhub

rotorhub
October 30th, 2018, 12:51
Hi Rotorhub,

I did not have any of the missing gauge messages that mpni reports.

I would however like to have another VC panel.cfg entry for the FMC to work on the co-pilot's/right had side - which I think is missing. FYI - I used the FMC that is in the FSX native freeware (Lavigne et al) Falcon 50 and it works perfectly on the pilot's side of the cockpit of the Falcon 20E. Just completed a test flight with an ILS night landing - all worked very smoothly.

Great work - thanks again!

expat
Hi Expat

I will give you the coordinates. Just copy and paste in the right section. I only added one for my self. I fly only in VR and am trying to keep framerate impact as low as possible. However, this gauge is very well done and does not seem to be heavy on resources.

Best regards
Rotorhub

rotorhub
October 30th, 2018, 12:55
This looks doable :-) I will look into it for you later. But I can supply a paintkit in Adobe Illustrator (Vector) and Photoshop (2048px) format if needed.

Rotorhub

Oh, no question, white with gold stripe! Maybe along the lines of this?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64464&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64465&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64466&stc=1

MrZippy
October 30th, 2018, 14:49
Much better, now that I can see out of the VC. I just "borrowed" a glass.dds from another aircraft.

falcon409
October 31st, 2018, 09:43
Is there, or will there be a pilot visible in the external view?

MrZippy
October 31st, 2018, 09:56

No pilot, as of yet, but it flew very nicely in my first test flight.

rotorhub
October 31st, 2018, 13:40

I first made this plane for a home cockpit, focusing on framerate and dynamics. Then I reworked it to learn the process of making planes in P3D in general. Since I mainly fly in VR or in a home cockpit, the pilot figure was not a priority. But I will consider your request, and get back to you.

If someone could make or donate an existing one, that would be faster.

Regards
Rotorhub

Navy Chief
October 31st, 2018, 14:16
This looks doable :-) I will look into it for you later. But I can supply a paintkit in Adobe Illustrator (Vector) and Photoshop (2048px) format if needed.

Rotorhub

I VERY much appreciate it! Although I personally am not skilled in the art of repainting (for it IS a art!), I am hopeful someone will volunteer to create it. Thanks, NC

expat
October 31st, 2018, 14:17
Enjoying flying your debut model very much and looking forward to some moden-ish corporate jet repaints. Things like this lead to "rediscovery" of some old favourites . . and this very old model is working nicely in P3Dv.4. Love the Falcons.

https://i.postimg.cc/W3s9KmKM/Untitled.jpg (https://postimg.cc/06HdKS9Q)

falcon409
October 31st, 2018, 14:32
I first made this plane for a home cockpit, focusing on framerate and dynamics. Then I reworked it to learn the process of making planes in P3D in general. Since I mainly fly in VR or in a home cockpit, the pilot figure was not a priority. But I will consider your request, and get back to you.

If someone could make or donate an existing one, that would be faster.

Regards
Rotorhub
If you can great. . .if not, it's still a beautiful job and the lack of a pilot won't spoil the fun. Thanks!

rotorhub
October 31st, 2018, 14:44
Here is a preliminary update to fix some issues. There will be a complete upload, but I will not manage it tonight. FSX glass fix is not included.

The zip contains;

- New panel.cfg
- Two new gauges (Cabin alt and Cabin psi)
- Cobham interior model.

The Copilot FMC coordinates are also added.

[Vcockpit03]
//gauge10=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 451,7,308,486

Link expires in 7 days
https://fil.email/GXsphn4U?&showconfirmation=true

See Readme for installation

Rotorhub

Navy Chief
October 31st, 2018, 14:57
I was going to wait until all bugs were fixed, but I went ahead and installed the aircraft. All looks fine, but there is no sound at all. I checked and do have the default Lear45, which the sound is aliased to. Do not know what the problem is. Also made sure other aircraft sounds are intact, which they are. NC

UPDATE:

I DO have sound inside the aircraft, but nothing external.

rotorhub
October 31st, 2018, 15:56
I was going to wait until all bugs were fixed, but I went ahead and installed the aircraft. All looks fine, but there is no sound at all. I checked and do have the default Lear45, which the sound is aliased to. Do not know what the problem is. Also made sure other aircraft sounds are intact, which they are. NC

UPDATE:

I DO have sound inside the aircraft, but nothing external.

Can you try changing the alias to the F22, if you are in P3D?

[FLTSIM]
alias=IRIS Raptor Driver\sound

Or just copy the whole sound folder from a jet, just for testing.

I found a turbojet package over at simviation, but I could not reach the Author. So I could not get a permission to distribute with my package.
Check the Readme for link.

Rotorhub

PeteHam
October 31st, 2018, 17:03
Thank you for this Falcon :applause:

I'm using it in FSX Steam and it's a beautiful design.

I also had no sounds even though the default Lear 45 is installed.

I tried aliasing the sounds to the Flysimware Lear 35 but no joy.

In the end I copied the Lear 45 sound folder across to the Falcon and that worked.

Again, many thanks for this classic exec jet.

Pete.

expat
October 31st, 2018, 23:39
I am using the Falcon 50 sounds which work well.

mpni
November 1st, 2018, 00:12
Hi Rotorhub

1) Have a look on the new panel.cfg [Vcockpit03]
gauge 10 seems to be also in gauge 00
gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 7,7,308,486

2) In the soundai.cfg file there are theses lines
[FLAPS]
filename=..\sound\xlmflap
But, in the sound directory, there is an sound.cfg file with an alias.
So, xlmflap.wav cannot be found by the simulator.

3) In the cabin.xml file (DAF20.CAB) line 5 seems to have a syntaxe error
P3Dv4 ContentErrors.txt Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): ">;" in: >;
<Value>(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE, feet) 10000 >;</Value>

MrZippy
November 1st, 2018, 03:24
I am using the Falcon 50 sounds which work well.

Those are the ones I am also using. Works great!:encouragement:

rotorhub
November 1st, 2018, 04:02
Hi Rotorhub

1) Have a look on the new panel.cfg [Vcockpit03]
gauge 10 seems to be also in gauge 00
gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 7,7,308,486

2) In the soundai.cfg file there are theses lines
[FLAPS]
filename=..\sound\xlmflap
But, in the sound directory, there is an sound.cfg file with an alias.
So, xlmflap.wav cannot be found by the simulator.

3) In the cabin.xml file (DAF20.CAB) line 5 seems to have a syntaxe error
P3Dv4 ContentErrors.txt Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): ">;" in: >;
<Value>(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE, feet) 10000 >;</Value>

The "gauge 10" reference is with intent. It was requested by a user. In stead of the dummy image, you will have two FMC's in the VC. No error, and it is also commented out
The variable is not used by an active gauge, so perhaps P3D reads the CAB content. I made two new gauges for cabin pressure, based on code shared in a forum. Nothing to worry about.
The Lear Soundset was never intended to be used with this package. That is a completely different engine. However I will remove the alias, or include the original Lear sounds. Try out the Falcon 50 sounds, as suggested by others.

When I use the content error log, many of the default planes report errors. I will investigate the CAB and see if removing the old pressure gauge removes the syntax error.

Rotorhub

mpni
November 1st, 2018, 10:51
Yes, you right. Many of the default planes report errors in the the content error log.

rotorhub
November 1st, 2018, 11:03
Hi there!

Since my FSX computer is down, could anyone here help me with a quick test? I have compiled a new interior model with some changes in the material settings.

I can mail you the file, and you just back up the original and drop this one in...

Regards
Rotorhub

MrZippy
November 1st, 2018, 11:31
Hi there!

Since my FSX computer is down, could anyone here help me with a quick test? I have compiled a new interior model with some changes in the material settings.

I can mail you the file, and you just back up the original and drop this one in...

Regards
Rotorhub

I'm using FSX with SP2....I'll PM you with my email.

rotorhub
November 1st, 2018, 11:45
I'm using FSX with SP2....I'll PM you with my email.

Thank you! It is on it's way.
Rotorhub

MrZippy
November 1st, 2018, 12:08
Thank you! It is on it's way.
Rotorhub

Well, so far it looks great using the "white" model. To be sure I should change the glass.dds (that I borrowed) back to glass.bmp and see if it still looks good.

UPDATE: All is good! Looks perfect:encouragement: Are you going to do the same for the other models?

rotorhub
November 1st, 2018, 12:22
Well, so far it looks great using the "white" model. To be sure I should change the glass.dds (that I borrowed) back to glass.bmp and see if it still looks good.

Great to hear!
The assigned material is the Glass_t.dds that should be present in the texture folder. It should no longer look for the *.bmp.

Thanks again for testing!

rotorhub
November 1st, 2018, 13:11

UPDATE: All is good! Looks perfect:encouragement: Are you going to do the same for the other models?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64498&stc=1

I used the SDK receipe for windshield glass on all models (interior model).

rotorhub
November 2nd, 2018, 08:30
Hi!

A complete version is uploaded to the library. It contains all fixes. Also new working glass for FSX. Default Lear sounds are included to avoid any sound problems. But they are not the best for this type of engines (Turbojet).

Rotorhub

expat
November 2nd, 2018, 08:33
Well I thoroughly enjoyed version 1.0 while it lasted!

MrZippy
November 2nd, 2018, 09:20
Will download and install when it appears on the list!:encouragement:

rotorhub
November 2nd, 2018, 11:18
Well I thoroughly enjoyed version 1.0 while it lasted!
Sorry about the rookie mistakes:biggrin-new: There were no big issues for P3D users. The biggest issue was the black VC for FSX users, that needed new interior models/material.

The panel cfg had some broken references due to a "find and replace" accident:-) There are also two new gauges (Cabin alt and Cabin pressure), and a fix to the Cabin Altitude Warning. Thanks mpni, it was a syntax error:adoration:.
The other stuff you is already known to you.

Rotorhub

simtech
November 2nd, 2018, 22:46
Rotorhub,, thank you for this neat airplane. Unfortunately, I'm having the issue of blurry texures. In the texture folder, the thumbnail looks great, but when I call the airplane up in the selection menu, it's blurry, can't read the tail numbers. This is how it appears in FSX-A. I checked in fsx.cfg and max tex is 1024, the gauges are all clear and sharp inside. It's only the outside view. I d/l your V1 + the update you had in the drop box and all textures were .dds. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas..?? :dizzy: I'd like to make this puppy happy... Again thank you for your gift... Terry

mpni
November 2nd, 2018, 23:18
You right, no big issues for P3D users.
But now, everything is perfect with P3Dv4. No mistake.
Nice work

fsafranek
November 3rd, 2018, 08:27
I'm confused. The thread title says Falcon 20 (as in Dassault Falcon 20 I'm assuming) but a paint request shows images of a Gulfstream
and an inflight image is of a Falcon 50? I guess I should follow the link to avsim and see exactly what the original poster was referring to.
:ernaehrung004:

Okay, sorted it. The Gulfstream is an admitted fictitious paint request. And the Falcon 50 is, well, a Falcon. :eagerness:

MrZippy
November 3rd, 2018, 10:14
First point A to Point B flight with the new download was a success! I did notice the oil temp in the 2D cockpit was always in the red! Other than that, all was good:ernaehrung004:

expat
November 3rd, 2018, 10:26
And the Falcon 50 is, well, a Falcon. :eagerness:

Yeah, and it's a dandy one Frank - as someone who knows his way 'round Dassualt's . .:very_drunk:

rotorhub
November 3rd, 2018, 15:23
First point A to Point B flight with the new download was a success! I did notice the oil temp in the 2D cockpit was always in the red! Other than that, all was good:ernaehrung004:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64528&stc=1
I did not make any changes to the Learjet gauges and 2D panel. The learjet probably have a different temp setting. The VC gauge should be correct. Oil temp is set from the Falcon 20 manual that I have. Published values in Celsius are converted to Rankine and inserted into the airfile.
Rotorhub

rotorhub
November 3rd, 2018, 15:27
Rotorhub,, thank you for this neat airplane. Unfortunately, I'm having the issue of blurry texures. In the texture folder, the thumbnail looks great, but when I call the airplane up in the selection menu, it's blurry, can't read the tail numbers. This is how it appears in FSX-A. I checked in fsx.cfg and max tex is 1024, the gauges are all clear and sharp inside. It's only the outside view. I d/l your V1 + the update you had in the drop box and all textures were .dds. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas..?? :dizzy: I'd like to make this puppy happy... Again thank you for your gift... Terry

I you know how to edit your FSX.cfg file, just change "Max Texture Load" setting from 1024 to 2048. The default Falcon 20 textures are 2048 px.
Hope it works for you! Update the Falcon 20 to version 1.1, to get all the bug fixes.

Rotorhub

simtech
November 3rd, 2018, 16:17
Rotorhub,... Thank you for the heads up. It took a few moments to edit the cfg.. seems the sliders always overwrite the cfg upon loading. Anyway, found the magic spot and the textures show up very well now.. Thank you for a delightful airplane...:jump:

falcon409
November 3rd, 2018, 16:25
Rotorhub,... Thank you for the heads up. It took a few moments to edit the cfg.. seems the sliders always overwrite the cfg upon loading. Anyway, found the magic spot and the textures show up very well now.. Thank you for a delightful airplane...
One thing to remember also is that if you make any changes that affect the FSX config file, that 2048 setting will revert back to 1024. As long as you don't do anything to change a setting that is written to the cfg file you're safe, but if you do you'll have to reset that TextureMaxLoad setting back to 2048.

You might want to check out a little utility called Texture_Max_Load_Editor, which sets the correct setting and then maintains that setting no matter what other changes are made to the FSX.cfg file. . .pretty handy.

simtech
November 3rd, 2018, 16:31
Ed, thank you for the info. I had the TML at one time. I'll see if I can pull it out. If it went back to 1024, I'd be ok.. but it goes back to 128... That's pretty basic..
I'll try and dig out TML..:wavey: Thank you.. Ok, found it... It's now installed. The old noggin needed stirring.. I'd forgotten I had that...Thank you..

falcon409
November 3rd, 2018, 17:05
Ed, thank you for the info. I had the TML at one time. I'll see if I can pull it out. If it went back to 1024, I'd be ok.. but it goes back to 128... That's pretty basic..
I'll try and dig out TML..:wavey: Thank you.. Ok, found it... It's now installed. The old noggin needed stirring.. I'd forgotten I had that...Thank you..
I'm surprised that yours defaults to such a low setting. . .it should default no lower than 256 (which by todays standards shouldn't even be allowed, lol), but at least the TML Editor will keep everything looking as sharp as possible.

gaab
November 5th, 2018, 10:55
Hi Rotorhub,

If you dont like the Falcon 20E, there is no need to tell me. Just remove it from your hard drive.
It was free!

and if I like it, can I tell you :)

One question please, P3D V4 is complaining about visual effect "L_Light" missing. Any suggestion to assign another effect in the aircraft.cfg for the landing lights ?

And yes, I like it very much.

Gérard

MrZippy
November 5th, 2018, 11:24
Good find on the landing light effect. I didn't see it in my effects folder for FSX. I just inserted a Shockwave effect and will test!:encouragement:

Plenty bright now!

TiAr
November 5th, 2018, 15:14
https://up.picr.de/34270765nd.jpg

Exactly 40 years ago I caught the real D-CONU in Stuttgart EDDS during its approach to runway 25 with my first camera, a Zeiss Ikon. I was a boy 15 years old. Nice, that the model is now available in P3DV4.3.

Thomas

Hamza Omar
November 5th, 2018, 22:16
Is a paint-kit also available for this wonderful aircraft. There are a couple of Pakistani schemes I had in mind :pakistan::jump:

expat
November 6th, 2018, 01:36
I just inserted a Shockwave effect and will test!:encouragement:

Have to do more testing but I am getting mixed results with shockwave lights in 64 bit. Landing lights are visible - for me - but just little teeny faint points of light when looking straight at them. Elevating the a/c above the runway does cast a good amount of flooding on the pavement however. But nowhere near the dramatic effect of the landing light looking at it directly. No splash on the fuselage either.

However, your screenie shows the landing lights the way they should be. I need to test maybe with dynamic lighting turned off?

Have been testing with both the Falcon 20 and 50. What is really surprising is I cannot get any effect at all from shockwave strobes - beacons and navs seem OK.

expat
November 6th, 2018, 01:56
Further testing completed. Learned that it helps to also migrate across shockwave effects/texture files​ - all working better now!

mpni
November 6th, 2018, 02:58
Hi Rotorhub
I confirm that L_Light.fx is missing.
Best regards

expat
November 6th, 2018, 03:10
What then are the "fx_landing" entries for?

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 =3, -35.197000, -26.519000, -2.368000, fx_navredm
light.1 =3, -35.197000, 26.519000, -2.368000, fx_navgrem
light.2 =3, -56.670000, 0.000000, 10.320000, fx_navwhi
light.3 =1, -24.000000, 0.000000, -4.253000, fx_beaconb
light.4 =2, -51.850000, 0.000000, 10.980000, fx_strobe
light.5 =1, -51.830000, 0.000000, 10.920000, fx_beaconh
//light.6 = 5, -18.7, -2.7, -3.71, fx_landing ,
//light.7 = 5, -18.7, 2.7, -3.71, fx_landing ,
light.8 =4, -9.2.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, fx_vclight
//light.9 =4, -8.5.000000, -1.200000, 1.000000, fx_vclight
light.10 =5, -25.000000, -3.150000, -3.950000, L_Light
light.11 =5, -25.000000, 3.150000, -3.950000, L_Light

gaab
November 6th, 2018, 05:23

[LIGHTS]

The positions of the commented light.6 and 7 are different - coming from a different aircraft, may be ??

fx_landing effect is the one used by the Falcon 50 freeware - will test with it...

Gérard

rotorhub
November 6th, 2018, 07:31
https://up.picr.de/34270765nd.jpg

Exactly 40 years ago I caught the real D-CONU in Stuttgart EDDS during its approach to runway 25 with my first camera, a Zeiss Ikon. I was a boy 15 years old. Nice, that the model is now available in P3DV4.3.

Thomas

Very Nice:applause:
Rotorhub

rotorhub
November 6th, 2018, 07:40
Hi Rotorhub
I confirm that L_Light.fx is missing.
Best regards
L_Light.fx is a cast light on fuselage/surroundings effect.

They cast a nice light on the fuselage, but also effects the inside. I already struggled with the default landing lights effects, that are attached to the moving landing light and taxi light. The VC lights up, and none of the suggested solutions worked.

I just removed them from my effects folder, but forgot to remove them from the cfg, or comment out.

Rotorhub

rotorhub
November 6th, 2018, 07:47

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 =3, -35.197000, -26.519000, -2.368000, fx_navredm
light.1 =3, -35.197000, 26.519000, -2.368000, fx_navgrem
light.2 =3, -56.670000, 0.000000, 10.320000, fx_navwhi
light.3 =1, -24.000000, 0.000000, -4.253000, fx_beaconb
light.4 =2, -51.850000, 0.000000, 10.980000, fx_strobe
light.5 =1, -51.830000, 0.000000, 10.920000, fx_beaconh
light.8 =4, -9.2.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, fx_vclight
//light.9 =4, -8.5.000000, -1.200000, 1.000000, fx_vclight

Initially I had the landing lights in the wing root, as many Falcon 20s have. But I selected the retractable (belly) solution, and attached the default landing ligths to the 3D model. The other effects did not make any splash on the ground.
If it is commented out or missing. It is not of importance. When you design, you will try out many options.

Regards
Rotorhub

expat
November 6th, 2018, 08:07
Many thanks - all explained and sorted out now!

TiAr
November 6th, 2018, 12:34
Is a paint-kit also available for this wonderful aircraft. There are a couple of Pakistani schemes I had in mind :pakistan::jump:

No, but it is very easy to do - you could use the white repaint as a basic. But you have to do some minor corrections at main wing/fuselage and tailwing/rudder. At least you only repaint two textures.

Thomas

simtech
November 6th, 2018, 18:44
Rotorhub, I'm enjoying this little jewel, since getting the textures to show. One issue I don't know what to do about. I put in a camera from inside the cabin looking over the trailing edge of the right wing. Strangely, Spot view shows animated control surfaces, but from the camera definition, no animation happens. Why is that? I'm using FSX-A and I know this was written for P3D.... is that the problem?? Otherwise, I like this one better than the Hondajet. Thank you for this gift and any clarification...

rotorhub
November 6th, 2018, 22:53
Rotorhub, I'm enjoying this little jewel, since getting the textures to show. One issue I don't know what to do about. I put in a camera from inside the cabin looking over the trailing edge of the right wing. Strangely, Spot view shows animated control surfaces, but from the camera definition, no animation happens. Why is that? I'm using FSX-A and I know this was written for P3D.... is that the problem?? Otherwise, I like this one better than the Hondajet. Thank you for this gift and any clarification...

Hi Simtech,
FSX and Prepar3D have excatly the same animation tags.

I just checked all views in Prepar3D, and all animations work fine. In order to ensure FSX/P3D compatability, the model is compiled with FSX SDK SP2/Acc.
So I can not say why it not working for you. Sorry!

My FSX PC died on me for some time ago, so I can not check right now.

Regards
Rotorhub

simtech
November 6th, 2018, 22:56
Thank you for getting back.. Not sure what it is.. In spot view... Tower view... all animations work fine... but from inside the cabin looking out... no joy.. Perhaps someone here has some ideas..

rotorhub
November 6th, 2018, 23:11
Thank you for getting back.. Not sure what it is.. In spot view... Tower view... all animations work fine... but from inside the cabin looking out... no joy.. Perhaps someone here has some ideas..

The only thing I can think of is the number of parts, beeing animated in the interior model. I only show parts that can seen from the cockpit, like ailrons. I never look inside the cabin, the work done there is not much too look at:biggrin-new:

This is a simplified model, and a lot could have been done better. I have no plans at this time for enhancing the model. It would really mean starting from scratch, and apply all the things that I learned during the process.
Since there is an interest for the Falcon 20, some Payware developer will probably look at it. The Falcon 50 is beeing worked on by both Flysimware and Carenado.

Regards
Rotorhub

simtech
November 6th, 2018, 23:24
That's interesting. I wasn't aware that a different model was required from inside. True, there's no interior, but from about six feet behind the "wing" looking out toward the wing tip.. it's there. It's just that neither the spoilers nor the flaps can be seen animated. I thought, perhaps, the same wing seen from spot view was used throughout the model. If that's not the case, that would explain the difference. Thank you for the clarification.. Regarding Falcon 50, there's a couple freewares available. The one conversion by Yannick Lavigne, Fred Banting, Rob Young is pretty good, but a little dated.

expat
November 7th, 2018, 04:14
Regarding Falcon 50, there's a couple freewares available.

There is one that matters - the Lavigne et al model updated by many here at SOH - and I can assure you it is also (flying both the 20 and 50 a lot right now) a gem in v4.

https://i.postimg.cc/2SsYtDtJ/Untitled.jpg (https://postimg.cc/9DYs4vCt)

rotorhub
November 7th, 2018, 06:06
There is one that matters - the Lavigne et al model updated by many here at SOH - and I can assure you it is also (flying both the 20 and 50 a lot right now) a gem in v4.

https://i.postimg.cc/2SsYtDtJ/Untitled.jpg (https://postimg.cc/9DYs4vCt)
I remember the model all the way back to its release. Amazing then and still great today. Rob Young who did the dynamics, is one of my favourite airfile designers. All the way back to Fly! If anyone can remember this sim? The Falcon 50 had the best dynamics that I ever had tried on the MS platform (my opinion) The soft suspension setup and the handling felt very realistic. The model, vc and gauges were payware standard.
Rotorhub

Hamza Omar
November 7th, 2018, 08:33
No, but it is very easy to do - you could use the white repaint as a basic. But you have to do some minor corrections at main wing/fuselage and tailwing/rudder. At least you only repaint two textures.

Thomas

Thanks for the heads-up mate. Am on it

P.S. Thank you Rotorhub had been waiting for this aircraft for ages

expat
November 7th, 2018, 12:19
The model, vc and gauges were payware standard.

Well we think you have achieved that here with your wonderful Falcon 20. Bring on the bus jet repaints!

expat
November 7th, 2018, 13:42
One step for 2002, one giant leap to P3Dv4.3 . .

Falcon 50 ageing slowly . .

https://i.postimg.cc/0yXRdgg6/Untitled.png (https://postimg.cc/nXmPpPhZ)

rotorhub
November 8th, 2018, 01:12
Since I am already seeing some repaints, this might help. I included the "white" for easy painting, but in this "kit" you can see the mapping.
The rudder is shrinked a little (for various reasons). If you have logos over the tailfin and rudder, a slight adjustment is needed. Sorry for this.

It is also a bit tricky to align stripes from the fuselage through the tailfin, but it is doable.

PAINTKIT LIGHT
https://fil.email/IlNlz9jX?&showconfirmation=true

I will comment some more on the existing *.PSD files and upload to the library.

The files are *.psd 2048 px. The Adobe Illustrator files are vector, and can be scaled to what ever you like. I did the basic gradients in Illustrator, and exported it to Photoshop. If you are doing a dark base color, this might give a better result.
In example the the "Cobahm blue".

Thank you!

Rotorhub

rotorhub
November 8th, 2018, 01:24
I have had some requests for a Cargo model, and I like cargo flying my self :-). I had a look at the mesh and it is possible to do Cargo version. I found some info regarding the pallet size (187*140 cm/73,62" x 55,11"). The cargo bay, as shown, is based on this info, but further investigation is required. But I can not commit to any release date.

Rotorhub
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64597&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64598&stc=1

rotorhub
November 8th, 2018, 01:39
As I understand a couple of pilots in the front (exterior model) is wanted.

If somebody could donate some Pilot figures to this project, it would really help. I can for sure make two low poly pilots, but it will take some time.
I just tested with the Deafult FSX CRJ guys, to see what it would look like.

If I make the mesh and a paint map, Rui Cristina has offered to paint them:applause:

Rotorhub
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64599&stc=1

falcon409
November 8th, 2018, 03:14
Yes, excellent!

Postbaer61
November 8th, 2018, 06:16
I have used Lorby's freeware payload manager,
to get the crew in the cockpit.

I think it's also possible to bring visual cargo into the plane.

https://i.imgur.com/rOzlJvX.jpg

btw really great to have also an Falcon20 in sim,thank you Arild

Ulrich

stovall
November 8th, 2018, 06:26
Love the aircraft, having the pilots is icing on the cake. Really appreciate you making a great aircraft even better.

Thanks.

Bjoern
November 8th, 2018, 14:16
They're in 3DS format, but here's two pilot figures from one or two old projects of mine.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jo487nwdgc5724c/Max_Pilots.zip/file

Feel free to use them, but mind the "Credits" section in the readme.

TiAr
November 9th, 2018, 14:20
Did a new repaint. Shows german research aircraft of DLR German Aerospace Center, D-CMET. In real it is a Falcon 20E5.

https://up.picr.de/34298626zb.jpg

The model needs a few corrections. If Rotorhub allows it, then I do it myself. Only a few attachments are necessary, which I can do with MCX.

What do you think?

Thomas

rotorhub
November 10th, 2018, 00:56
Did a new repaint. Shows german research aircraft of DLR German Aerospace Center, D-CMET. In real it is a Falcon 20E5.

https://up.picr.de/34298626zb.jpg

The model needs a few corrections. If Rotorhub allows it, then I do it myself. Only a few attachments are necessary, which I can do with MCX.

What do you think?

Thomas
Very nice paint:-) You are allowed to do improvents, but upload models and paints as separate packages and remember credits. If anyone would like to improve this package, they sure can if it is for free. No charges for downloads are allowed. Gauge distribution would also require conscent from Mario Noriega, unless it is your own gauges. He has lended me a few gauges and also allowed me to look at his work for learning. MCX is an excellent tool.
Regards
Rotorhub

rotorhub
November 10th, 2018, 01:41
Thank you Bjoern, that was kind of you!
I just checked the mesh and the map, they will do just fine,

I will include them in future update, credit will be given.

Regards
Rotorhub

They're in 3DS format, but here's two pilot figures from one or two old projects of mine.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jo487nwdgc5724c/Max_Pilots.zip/file

Feel free to use them, but mind the "Credits" section in the readme.

Bjoern
November 10th, 2018, 06:23
Thank you Bjoern, that was kind of you!
I just checked the mesh and the map, they will do just fine,

I will include them in future update, credit will be given.

Glad to help. :very_drunk:

blanston12
November 10th, 2018, 08:41
Been testing it out today and I am very much impressed. One question, is there any way to hide the Yoke?

For my own personal tastes I changed the title properties so they all start with

title=Dassault Falcon 20E

This way the name displays correctly in the P3D aircraft selector.

I also removed the lear jet 2D panel since it did not match the VC. I will be looking forward to all the Civilian repaints that will be produced for it. While I was searching around I found this interesting paint job. This model is defiantly a keeper!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64633&stc=1

Hamza Omar
November 11th, 2018, 04:37
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64653&stc=1 Pakistan Air Force No.24 Squadron "Blinders" DA-20 nicknamed "Iqbal"

Brian_Gladden
November 11th, 2018, 04:45
Enjoying flying your debut model very much and looking forward to some moden-ish corporate jet repaints. Things like this lead to "rediscovery" of some old favourites . . and this very old model is working nicely in P3Dv.4. Love the Falcons.

https://i.postimg.cc/W3s9KmKM/Untitled.jpg (https://postimg.cc/06HdKS9Q)

Where can I find that particular repaint for the 50? I've been flying various incarnations of the 50 since it first came out back in the FS 2000 days.

As for the 20.... Love it. Maybe perhaps you could be persuaded to making a slightly modified model with the large observation windows to make a USCG HU-25 Guardian?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64654&stc=1

rotorhub
November 11th, 2018, 06:14
A very cool paint, thank you!:applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64653&stc=1 Pakistan Air Force No.24 Squadron "Blinders" DA-20 nicknamed "Iqbal"

rotorhub
November 11th, 2018, 06:29
I really like this model, but the differences are quite big. I have the full manual for the HU-25, but doing this model is a bigger task than I can commit to right now.

Regards
Rotorhub

Where can I find that particular repaint for the 50? I've been flying various incarnations of the 50 since it first came out back in the FS 2000 days.

As for the 20.... Love it. Maybe perhaps you could be persuaded to making a slightly modified model with the large observation windows to make a USCG HU-25 Guardian?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64654&stc=1

stovall
November 11th, 2018, 07:20

Rotorhub

The Photoshop paintkit would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for this wonderful aircraft.

expat
November 12th, 2018, 00:16
Where can I find that particular repaint for the 50?

That's a home grown variation of Ron Hamilton's 16 year old repaint of the Archer Daniels Midland corporate jet. I have attached the files but not sure you need the night textures in P3Dv4.

Brian_Gladden
November 12th, 2018, 04:57
Thanks, I'm running 1.4

rotorhub
November 12th, 2018, 05:23
No, I have not assigned a visibility tag to the yoke. If you know your way around MCX, you can probably add a custom visibility tag to your modeldef, and assign it to the yokes. They are separate elements.
Maybe I will have the time to look into it later.

Regards
Rotorhub

Been testing it out today and I am very much impressed. One question, is there any way to hide the Yoke?

For my own personal tastes I changed the title properties so they all start with

title=Dassault Falcon 20E

This way the name displays correctly in the P3D aircraft selector.

I also removed the lear jet 2D panel since it did not match the VC. I will be looking forward to all the Civilian repaints that will be produced for it. While I was searching around I found this interesting paint job. This model is defiantly a keeper!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64633&stc=1

TiAr
November 12th, 2018, 14:32
https://up.picr.de/34325596tw.jpg

D-CMET is nearly done. With pilots. WIP.

Thomas

Manschy
November 12th, 2018, 22:24
Rooarrrr - that's a great version! :applause:

TiAr
November 13th, 2018, 13:58
If there is something under the wings, Manschy is happy, LOL :applause:

https://up.picr.de/34332870ke.jpg

Now, all is there with D-CMET. Did the textures work for front wheel gear strut. Not perfect but better than nothing. I will finish modelling mods on weekend.

And there is a similar model out in France. Will do the SAFIRE F-GBTM repaint next.

Thomas

jmbiii
November 16th, 2018, 06:33
I really like this model, but the differences are quite big. I have the full manual for the HU-25, but doing this model is a bigger task than I can commit to right now.

Regards
Rotorhub

If you ever do make the HU-25 I'll certainly redo my two paints of it.
And there are loads of cargo jobs awaiting paints !

Manschy
November 16th, 2018, 13:54
If there is something under the wings, Manschy is happy, LOL :applause:

Thomas

You're a quite exact observer. But those models seem so much more interesting indeed. And yeah - I get a fair reason to park them on my Air Bases without these many military guidelines for civil aircraft :playful:....

TiAr
November 17th, 2018, 16:43
Coming soon.WIP

https://up.picr.de/34363450tz.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34363451qi.jpg

Thomas

falcon409
November 18th, 2018, 11:12
As I understand a couple of pilots in the front (exterior model) is wanted.

If somebody could donate some Pilot figures to this project, it would really help. I can for sure make two low poly pilots, but it will take some time.
I just tested with the Deafult FSX CRJ guys, to see what it would look like.

If I make the mesh and a paint map, Rui Cristina has offered to paint them:applause:

Rotorhub
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64599&stc=1
Has this gone any further? Haven't seen any more discussion beyond this.

TiAr
November 18th, 2018, 15:01
Good question, I finished all my repaints und projects today on 1.1. Waiting now for information, if there will be a new update...

Thomas

jmbiii
November 18th, 2018, 19:21
Uploading soon.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64824&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64825&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64826&stc=1

fsafranek
November 19th, 2018, 06:24
Coming soon.WIP

https://up.picr.de/34363451qi.jpg

Thomas
Ah, now you're talking. Would love to see this one with a functional Mirage panel for the right seat position.

falcon409
November 19th, 2018, 07:08
Something I have not seen mentioned here yet. . .actually 2 things:
1) Except for the "Main Panel" pop-up, all other pop-ups are incorrectly named (I fixed those in FSPanel Studio)
2) The Fuel Control tabs on the Throttle quadrant do not open the Fuel Control valves (I had to use Ctrl+shift+F3 to open them).

One other thing. The Fuel System. . .how is it supposed to function? How is the Fuel flow set up to work in the mdl file?

TiAr
November 19th, 2018, 14:42
My modified different Falcon20 exterior and interior models and repaints are finished. Exterior models all have pilots inside. Now I have to wait for further update infos of Rotorhub.

https://up.picr.de/34382515za.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34382516cb.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34382517hl.jpg

Thomas

falcon409
November 21st, 2018, 09:06
This thread has slowly gone silent. . .despite that I am working on a Navy livery for navychief. A few things I don't like about it, but a WIP so I'll get them fixed. Did a new 4096x4096 paint kit from scratch so if anyone wants it let me know. It is a very basic one. . .no shadowing, dirt, bugs, oil stains etc, just lines and rivets on separate layers, a base texture layer and parts labels.

falcon409
November 21st, 2018, 10:51
One more a bit farther along. I am getting close. I liked the gold I was using until I got it in the Sim and decided it was too yellow so I'm changing that to a darker gold.

falcon409
November 21st, 2018, 12:09
Done! I'll get it uploaded in a bit.

stovall
November 21st, 2018, 13:04
Good job Ed, a must for me. Thanks!!!!

falcon409
November 21st, 2018, 17:57
Good job Ed, a must for me. Thanks!!!!
It's been uploaded Tom. . .it's in the que!

stovall
November 21st, 2018, 18:45
Got it, thanks Ed very nice work. Hopefully we will get thus upgrade soon with pilots.

falcon409
November 22nd, 2018, 07:16
One more and done.

stovall
November 22nd, 2018, 07:33
Soon as you upload I will get this one also. Good work Ed. Thanks Ed, Just downloaded.

falcon409
November 22nd, 2018, 08:34
Soon as you upload I will get this one also. Good work Ed.
Just uploaded Tom.

TiAr
November 22nd, 2018, 10:55
Ed, did you notice N22FE ex FederalE in SEA camo. It became N900FR of FRA (now Cobham) around 1985, later became G-FRAH. Perhaps something for you?

Thomas

falcon409
November 22nd, 2018, 11:04
Ed, did you notice N22FE ex FederalE in SEA camo. It became N900FR of FRA (now Cobham) around 1985, later became G-FRAH. Perhaps something for you?
Thomas
Thanks Thomas, I'll take a look.

Navy Chief
November 22nd, 2018, 15:07
Done! I'll get it uploaded in a bit.

Ed,

Thank you SO much for the Navy paint! I was out of town (at Mayo Clinic for a consult), so had no chance to download, install, and appreciate you hard work! It is a beauty, Rotorhub, to be certain, and even MORE so with USN colors!! NC

P.S. My health problems are not serious, btw. I have been plagued with back pain for years. After going to two different pain doctors here in Pensacola, and having several injections to alleviate the pain (none of which helped at all). I was referred to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. I flew there on the 19th, and then had appointments on the 20th and 21st. I saw several doctors. The consensus is that surgery is not a safe option since my thoracic spine area is involved, and my mobility is not adversely affected (yet). So, for now at least, my only option is to continue taking pain meds and use my heating pad a lot.

In my life, I have never experienced such personal care at a doctor's appointment. Each doctor meticulously and patiently explained everything associated with my problem. I never felt rushed. Mayo Clinic is truly a center of medical experts. Our country is blessed to have such wonderful health professionals. NC

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64948&stc=1

falcon409
November 25th, 2018, 07:44
Did rotorhub go on vacation? It's been several weeks now since he last posted. I know at least one person who sent him a PM around that time with questions about the fuel system functions (I also asked here with no reply) and hasn't yet heard from him. Hope he is ok. . .maybe just taking a break from all the questions, lol.

paiken
November 25th, 2018, 08:03
In my life, I have never experienced such personal care at a doctor's appointment. Each doctor meticulously and patiently explained everything associated with my problem. I never felt rushed. Mayo Clinic is truly a center of medical experts. Our country is blessed to have such wonderful health professionals. NC

Navy Chief, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly. My wife has been going to Mayo Clinic here in Phoenix for the past 10 years for her ongoing medical issues (two liver transplants, and now some kidney issues). Never any pressure to have procedures or tests done, but once you agree, they don't waste any time getting things done. The most difficult thing for us has been the waiting times for organ donation.

TiAr
November 25th, 2018, 08:04
Same on fsdeveloper.com - silence. But we have to respect this.

New from MCX and paintshop:

https://up.picr.de/34423064le.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34423071nc.jpg
U.S. Coast Guard HU-25C 2140

https://up.picr.de/34423074fb.jpg
Euralair F-GBAK

https://up.picr.de/34423075nk.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34423076bv.jpg
And the third atmospheric research plane, NASA N525NA

Thomas

TiAr
November 25th, 2018, 14:48
There are two more research Falcons out. In 1990, the USAF Systems Command acquired N20NY (cn 61), a Falcon 20C, for use as a testbed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory. In 2006, the USAF also acquired Coast Guard HU-25A 2125, registered as N448TB (cn 439), for use at Lincoln Laboratory.

https://up.picr.de/34427175qb.jpg

Repaint is WIP.

Thomas

TiAr
November 26th, 2018, 14:31
USAF N20NY is finished.

https://up.picr.de/34435900uf.jpg

Next and the last one of my model mods will be N448TB of USAF, which has a longer nose like HU-25Cs and another roof rack.

Than I will think of a release of my work next week.

Thomas

johndetrick
November 27th, 2018, 05:02
Since there are some fictional USN and USAF repaints, how about a USMC paint based on the CT-39G Sabreliner?

falcon409
November 27th, 2018, 06:50
Since there are some fictional USN and USAF repaints, how about a USMC paint based on the CT-39G Sabreliner?
Very nice John, I'll have to get that one to add to the Navy, Coast Guard and Air Force paints. It looks like you have chrome on the leading edges? How did you accomplish that?

johndetrick
November 28th, 2018, 02:57
Once I realized the alpha channel didn't work, I just borrowed your thrust reverser texture. Then I pulled and stretched it and used a mask layer to fake the polished leading edge.

falcon409
November 28th, 2018, 03:53
I found one final livery to try. . .came out pretty well.

expat
November 28th, 2018, 06:40
Ohh yeaahh !!

TiAr
November 30th, 2018, 13:11
I finished the last of my Falcon research aircraft mods. It shows USAF N448TB.

https://up.picr.de/34467446gt.jpg

Thomas

TiAr
December 30th, 2018, 16:44
Work is going on. Reduced the bad shine and reflexions on models, created new crew members and new models...

https://up.picr.de/34718246cj.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34718247mh.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34718248qq.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34718249cy.jpg

I am nearly finished, will upload new models soon.

Thomas

Manschy
December 31st, 2018, 05:32
Great work, Thomas - despite there is something below the wings lol....A happy new year!

rotorhub
January 3rd, 2019, 12:57
Hello again,

Sorry for my absence but I have been away working on a real life simulator project (maritime), that has been extremly time consuming. And during Christmas I just needed a rest, even though I hoped to finalize the cargo version and VC guys.

I am very pleased to "come back" and have a look at this. I am amazed and “gobsmacked”. There are some many nice repaints, and now additional models. I need to download and test them all.
I would gladly have shared my GMAX model, but it seems that you are managing well without it. I do most of the post processing in MCX anyways, since my GMAX is very unstable.

Thank you!!!

Best regards
Rotorhub

TiAr
January 3rd, 2019, 14:57
Hi Rotorhub, welcome back and a happy new year! I will upload models this weekend. Than you see all the mods I did. With MCX you can see all materials changes of exterior. Any chance to get a HU-25C Guardian model too? I did four different models of it, but I am bit wasted of wrong engines style...

Only an idea.

Thomas

rotorhub
January 4th, 2019, 00:36
Thank you. I am looking forward to your models!

Updating the engines, would require a new GMAX build of these parts. The new engine pylons and the "static" portion of the main wing are grouped in MCX. But it should be possible to do the switch in MCX. MCX appears to be "non destructive", so editing the model is quite safe. Then at least the outside would be more correct.

I will have a look at the engine specs, and see if I can find some good pictures/drawings. I have the HU-25 manual.

Rotorhub

Hi Rotorhub, welcome back and a happy new year! I will upload models this weekend. Than you see all the mods I did. With MCX you can see all materials changes of exterior. Any chance to get a HU-25C Guardian model too? I did four different models of it, but I am bit wasted of wrong engines style...

Only an idea.

Thomas

TiAr
January 6th, 2019, 10:37
All nine modified models are now available. You can use my added textures for other Falcon projects without asking for permission.

https://up.picr.de/34777728kt.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777730qw.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777731tj.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777732fa.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777733ub.jpg

Have fun!

Thomas

stovall
January 6th, 2019, 11:58
Great job Thomas, just finished downloading all.

rotorhub
January 6th, 2019, 13:22
This is so cool:applause:

Rotorhub

All nine modified models are now available. You can use my added textures for other Falcon projects without asking for permission.

https://up.picr.de/34777728kt.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777730qw.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777731tj.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777732fa.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34777733ub.jpg

Have fun!

Thomas

Manschy
January 6th, 2019, 23:46
...oh what a wonderful day....Thank you all for bringing us this beauty!

fsafranek
January 7th, 2019, 13:39
Thank you very much!!!!

DaleRFU
January 8th, 2019, 22:33
Lovely stuff, is there a planned update of the original 1.1 version to include the crew etc?

rotorhub
January 9th, 2019, 13:56
Yes, I am working on an update of v1.1 with the crew. I am also working on a cargo version, and some new engines. I can not say when it is done, but finally some work in progress again :-)

Rotorhub

Lovely stuff, is there a planned update of the original 1.1 version to include the crew etc?

rotorhub
January 14th, 2019, 10:05
HU-25 Garret ATF3 engine replacement in the works. Cargo model is also started.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66498&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66499&stc=1

fsafranek
January 14th, 2019, 16:49
HU-25 Garret ATF3 engine replacement in the works. Cargo model is also started.
That's an exciting mod because that's the correct engine for the Coast Guard Falcons.

rotorhub
January 14th, 2019, 22:23
Yes, and it has a bit more push I think. I will check the HU-25 manual for differences. Maybe the airfile need a minor tweak.

Rotorhub

That's an exciting mod because that's the correct engine for the Coast Guard Falcons.

spatialpro
January 16th, 2019, 10:21
Would a 20D even be possible?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5681/22589573363_f07f816bc5_b.jpg

TiAr
January 16th, 2019, 10:40
A Cobham model is already inside of Falcon20E.zip. From exterior model side there is no difference to Falcon 20E. If you mean with crew etc. I could do this too.

Thomas

DaleRFU
January 17th, 2019, 05:08
The cobham model with crew would be excellent.

Montie
January 17th, 2019, 05:21
Where do I find this with all the models?

stovall
January 17th, 2019, 06:03
Check the SOH Warbird's library. Do a search.

rotorhub
January 17th, 2019, 06:53
Just to clear this up. The 20D had basicly the same engine. General Electric CF700-2D VS. General Electric CF700-2D-2. Later models of the Falcon 20 had Garret engines, and some thrust reversers available.
The original version 1.1 that I made, has the Cobham model included. VC is the same for all models.

The reason for the HU-25 engine update is that the "shape" is very different. TiAr has done some great work, and upgrading the HU-25 with more correct engines would look nice.
I will share my upgrade and models with him as soon as I have the package ready.

Regards
Rotorhub

Would a 20D even be possible?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5681/22589573363_f07f816bc5_b.jpg

TiAr
January 17th, 2019, 11:25
you need Rotorhub´s falcon20e.zip in version 1.1 from Warbirds Library or other sides as base. There are different models inside. The updates I did with crew and antennas or other part add-ons of exterior model and the new repaints are only available here on SOH.

To convert models is not so easy as it looks like. You have to create add-on parts with a modelling tool like blender, gmax, sketchup or FSDS. Then you have to merge parts and existing model and compile it again with Model Converter X. Keep in mind, that you change the work of an author, so permission is really important.

There is a lot of discussions around to work with MCX. Because it seems you "only" add parts to an existing model, without taking "hand" on the original work. But with loading a mdl in MCX and compile it again, there are a lot of changes/optimizations in the process in background. You really change the work of an author with one littke key stroke.

Anyway if I have a little freetime, I will update the cobham and ecm models of Rotorhub´s work, too.

Thomas

rotorhub
January 20th, 2019, 08:58
Hello

Falcon 20 pilot figures has been asked for, and Bjoern was so kind to lend me a couple of guys :wavey:.

Can anyone test this package before I upload it?
There are no other changes to these models, at this moment.

https://fil.email/UIDxpMIr?&showconfirmation=true

The zip includes 3 models, new model.cfg and a texture. Just follow the readme, and back up the old model.cfg

Regards
Rotorhub
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66620&stc=1

rotorhub
January 20th, 2019, 09:05
I am working on a new exterior model with Garret ATF 3 engines. This configuration is used in the HU-25, Falcon 20G and Falcon 200. Perhaps TiAr will also upgrade his variants?

Rotorhub
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66621&stc=1

TiAr
January 20th, 2019, 09:15
Great, I will do the upgrades, too.

Thomas

rotorhub
January 20th, 2019, 09:33
Hi Thomas

Looking forward to your updates.

I have just sent you the pilots as separate files (mdl and gmax). They are Bjoern's model, so remember to credit him when you distribute your variants.
I will also send you the complete gmax and mdl aircraft ,with the Garret engines mounted later tonight. The engine as parts is already sent by mail.

Regards
Arild

Great, I will do the upgrades, too.

Thomas

Bjoern
January 20th, 2019, 10:35
Falcon 20 pilot figures has been asked for, and Bjoern was so kind to lend me a couple of guys :wavey:.

I forgot the names I had given them bak then, but the guys are looking fabulous.

TiAr
January 20th, 2019, 13:04
https://up.picr.de/34887359up.jpg

WIP, new animated engines and crew of Bjoern inside...

Thomas

rotorhub
January 20th, 2019, 23:13
Very nice:applause:

https://up.picr.de/34887359up.jpg

WIP, new animated engines and crew of Bjoern inside...

Thomas

rotorhub
January 20th, 2019, 23:21
New uniforms and some hairstyling :biggrin-new:

I forgot the names I had given them bak then, but the guys are looking fabulous.

Bjoern
January 21st, 2019, 08:35
New uniforms and some hairstyling :biggrin-new:

I knew something looked off about them... :biggrin-new:

TiAr
January 25th, 2019, 12:49
https://up.picr.de/34921958lm.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34921959if.jpg

https://up.picr.de/34921960gp.jpg

With all the new stuff inside. WIP.

Thomas

rotorhub
January 28th, 2019, 13:49
Testing, testing
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66814&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66816&stc=1

rotorhub
January 29th, 2019, 04:26
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66835&stc=1

rotorhub
January 29th, 2019, 04:27
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66833&stc=1

Gerdoner
February 22nd, 2019, 23:51
Great work Rotorhub, looking forward especially to the cargo version.
BTW, the link for the paintkit is down, any chance of uploading it here to the library?

TiAr
February 24th, 2019, 11:20
We are coming closer to V2.

Rotorhub did a great job with the cargo version. Some WIP shots out of P3D4.

https://up.picr.de/35148232kx.jpg

https://up.picr.de/35148234cr.jpg

https://up.picr.de/35148236bt.jpg

https://up.picr.de/35148233fs.jpg

Thomas

Navy Chief
February 25th, 2019, 05:04
Thomas, which scenery is this? Thanks, NC

We are coming closer to V2.

Rotorhub did a great job with the cargo version. Some WIP shots out of P3D4.

https://up.picr.de/35148232kx.jpg

https://up.picr.de/35148234cr.jpg

https://up.picr.de/35148236bt.jpg

https://up.picr.de/35148233fs.jpg

Thomas

rotorhub
February 25th, 2019, 06:07
Very nice Thomas!:applause:

I will send you the final update on the cargo version. It will also include the cargo pallets.

Regards
Rotorhub
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67657&stc=1

Thomas, which scenery is this? Thanks, NC

TiAr
February 25th, 2019, 09:45
Navy Chief, its the freeware (and award winning) FSX/P3D...V3 EDRY Speyer scenery, created by me and Joerg Dannenberg of my Flightport times. Flightport is closed since 3 years. Scenery is only available on https://flusiboard.de/filebase/index.php?file/33-speyer-ludwigshafen-edry/ Its the scenery with the museum next to the airport.

but you need registration and Flightport Gmax Lib and Flightport Dynamic Library, too. But it works great in P3DV4+ too.

Thomas

@Rotorhub, your DC model is just looking great...

Navy Chief
February 25th, 2019, 10:12
Navy Chief, its the freeware (and award winning) FSX/P3D...V3 EDRY Speyer scenery, created by me and Joerg Dannenberg of my Flightport times. Flightport is closed since 3 years. Scenery is only available on https://flusiboard.de/filebase/index.php?file/33-speyer-ludwigshafen-edry/ Its the scenery with the museum next to the airport.

but you need registration and Flightport Gmax Lib and Flightport Dynamic Library, too. But it works great in P3DV4+ too.

Thomas

@Rotorhub, your DC model is just looking great...

I remember when you released Speyer. Not sure what sim I installed it into at the time, but was quite impressed! I am almost exclusively using P3DV4 now. Although you state it works great in P3DV4, I am having trouble locating download links for the Gmax Lib and the Flightport Dynamic Library, in addition to all of the files stating they will not work in P3DV4? NC

TiAr
February 25th, 2019, 10:38
yes, Gmax lib is from 2015, but is running without changes in my 4.3 (some things like windsocks, papi or active rwy signs are not visible.) Both they are on page 4.

Perhaps I find time to updated all these nice german airfields to new generation.

Thomas