PDA

View Full Version : Programme to help run CFS3

jaycee
October 9th, 2008, 05:30
Hi guys. Just stumbled across this little programme on the net, Its a RAM Free up programme, i installed it to see if it would help run CFS3 any better, and since i have used it my CFS3 seems to run a lot smoother,Its freeware and easy to install and use,just leave it on automatic, only used it in XP. i have not tried it in Vista yet. CAUTION!!! AS WITH PROGRAMMES OF THIS NATURE YOU MUST DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL AND USE IT. I have it installed in two PC.s for a couple of days and all is ok. BUT ITS YOU'R CALL. (if some of you want to use it, make a system restore point before installation) http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/ PS if you do use it, i would like to know if it helped or not. Its called FreeRam XP Pro.

Cameljockey
October 9th, 2008, 05:44
Another good program that performs basically the same function is Alacrity PC. I've used it before when I was running 1Gb of DDR400, however, since I've upgraded to 2Gb of DDR2800 I don't really see any improvement.

CJ

PS Alacrity PC is freeware also

BeauBrummie
October 9th, 2008, 08:15
I've just tried it mate, and yes it helps a bit. Nothing magical but enough to stop me throwing the PC through the window.

Beau