PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Lights

falcon409
October 20th, 2018, 09:50
Has anyone come across any Ramp Lights that work in both FSX and P3D? Thanks

nunweilr
October 21st, 2018, 05:55
Falcon409,

I have modified some ramp spotlights and added landing lights to take advantage of the new reflect light feature in P3Dv4. It is an improvement to the effect that lights up the ramp but not the objects within the range of the light. I don't know if that is what you were looking for.

Dimus
October 21st, 2018, 08:11
As already said, attaching a landing light effect on a light post object and pointing it correctly will illuminate the ramp but not the objects on it. You will need to add night maps for the objects. In P3D, a dynamic light effect will illuminate everything.

There is a nice tutorial for making ramp lights here:

https://youtu.be/_P7fSlkmWvI

falcon409
October 21st, 2018, 08:32
Downloaded Bill Leemings Ramp Lights from FSDevelopers. Sufficient for what I needed. Would be nice to get into lighting objects as well, but not right now. This will do what I want, which is to add lighting to an otherwise pitch black ramp.

n4gix
October 23rd, 2018, 10:01
Downloaded Bill Leemings Ramp Lights from FSDevelopers. Sufficient for what I needed. Would be nice to get into lighting objects as well, but not right now. This will do what I want, which is to add lighting to an otherwise pitch black ramp.

I'm delighted (pun intended) that this modest contribution of mine is still being found useful. If I ever find the time I'd like to make a version for P3D to illuminate everything in the scene via "dynamic lights." :encouragement: