PDA

View Full Version : Oh Noooo....Mr. Bill (Lionheart)

harleyman
February 18th, 2009, 16:45
Hi Bill...Any clue what I have done????

I was just toolin around my new FSX install,clicking on things trying to refresh my memory of things ,and in the outside view I noticed that my cover was on and the wheel chocks were there.......LOL I got that figured out (AC Vent).....BUT

It seems I peeled the paint off this bad boy...

N2056
February 18th, 2009, 16:48
Dude, you broke my Viking!:faint:
Is the problem limited to that paint?

glennc
February 18th, 2009, 17:15
Stealthy - Glenn

harleyman
February 18th, 2009, 17:43
Yea...just this one... It fixed itself though after a restart of FSX...

I need to tune down the turbo I think next time.....:woot:

crashaz
February 18th, 2009, 17:59
Hehehe... nightfighter!

Lionheart
February 18th, 2009, 19:20
Sounds like memory Mason.

:ernae:

I say, fly it as fast as possible, as thats what its designed for. Speed and fun. :d

I took my mother to lunch at the local airport, and a nice Viking was parked in front of the restaurant, white with dark green and gold stripes. Nice bird.

By the way, youre driving the pimped ride model. We were joking around once about souping up planes and that one I did as a 'radical' update, lol....

Bill

harleyman
February 18th, 2009, 19:32
Man I do fly that beaut flat out.......

It came right back next flight... I was tweaking stuff and perhapd did fill me mem up......

Its funny, as I really am not fond of green and teal ( if thats what its called) I just love the paint on this one for some reason.....

I take it your mom likes planes too, or just your company? :ernae:

Lionheart
February 18th, 2009, 19:40
I am not into those colors either. Its sort of taken from Kawasaki and SkiDoo graphics styling.

Mom is a former pilot. I used to go flying with her alot. We'd go out practicing stalls and doing touch and goes on abandoned airstrips.

Her and dad were a pair of good plane drivers...

Bill

n4gix
February 18th, 2009, 20:00
Her and dad were a pair of good plane drivers...

Her was, huh?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Whenever in doubt,
leave the other person out
then say it out loud...

If it sounds silly,
it's wrong... :gossip:

stiz
February 19th, 2009, 02:05
her

–pronoun
<TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD class=dnindex>1.</TD><TD>the objective case of she (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=she&db=luna): We saw her this morning. Give this book to her. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD class=dnindex>2.</TD><TD>the possessive case of she (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=she&db=luna) (used as an attributive adjective): Her coat is the one on the chair. I'm sorry about her leaving. Compare hers (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hers&db=luna).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD class=dnindex>3.</TD><TD>the dative case of she (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=she&db=luna): I gave her the book. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD class=dnindex>4.</TD><TD>Informal. (used instead of the pronoun she in the predicate after the verb to be): It's her. It isn't her.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

–noun
<TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD class=dnindex>5.</TD><TD>Slang. a female: Is the new baby a her or a him?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

if in doubt check the dictionairy before posting :caked:

harleyman
February 19th, 2009, 02:31
Stiz...You are cracking me up man.....

:d

You and my wife would get along fine, as she loves to correct me to...LOL

She is usually correct .... Did I just say that?:faint:

n4gix
February 19th, 2009, 11:07
While "grammar rules" are very important, sometimes they simply get in the way of common sense "rules..." :typing:

Since pronoun usage in a group list is the most often abused, two simple "common sense rules" really suffice to prevent most errors:

1. Leave everyone else out of the group, then read the result. If it "sounds" stupid, that's because it's wrong... :whistle:

Examples: Me went to the movies, Him shot the bear

2. When listing a group of people, always put yourself last. It's the polite thing to do, besides being proper grammar. :)

:focus:

Lionheart
February 19th, 2009, 11:21
Well.. It sounded proper to me. Being raised by a Cajun gentleman and working for 10 years with Britains from the midlands, my verbage can be ecclectic and pretty mixed...

I can really let go of some wild sentence structures Bill, but it might freak you out. :d

"I done so happy for you to see me today, whooooooo... "

Bill

harleyman
February 19th, 2009, 11:34
I love the Cajun dialect..

Liven in New Orleans for a year working Burbon St, and could not get enough of it.....:applause:

Lionheart
February 19th, 2009, 11:43
Oh man! You know what its like then...

I still have alot of family there in Louisianna.

If dad was around, and talking, and you closed your eyes, you swore you were listening to Justin Wilson, the Cajun Cook. The funniest stories you done heard in all your days... whoooooooo.....

(Where they get that 'whooo' at the end of sentences, I'll never know.. sort of like Canadians saying 'Eh!'... )

Bill

stiz
February 19th, 2009, 12:35
Ah hink fur pure accents th' scots hae th' best, specialy when its said in a pure heavy accent,

The bloomin' cockneys loike 'avein' ter sin' abaht wot their sayin' by makein' everythin' rhyme.

De irsh language is nice an' friendly, especialy after a couple av pints, but can be quite deadly if yer are either cathalic or protesten.

Ahhh de sea-pie lingo, de kind folks from der pewl, juss make se yous dun like any bit o' yer jam jar becuase whun yous get back ter it firkin wul be miss'n, if not de oole th'n

Noo the brummoys, pretty tame really, just extend whatever weared yaw sayen by abart 3 seconds an' you've got it mastered.

The you, one's old bean, have the uppah class, whoh fancy to think they have more brains than everyone else, but whoh, in reality, fie make spiffing punch bags . Jolly good show old bean!

Bur a' t' en' o' t' day, we orl kna, theres nowt betta, than t' gran' owd Yorksha language, t' best language, fert best areeur int' world.

and yes, its a slow eveing :friday:

Lionheart
February 19th, 2009, 13:45
Ah hink fur pure accents th' scots hae th' best, specialy when its said in a pure heavy accent,

The bloomin' cockneys loike 'avein' ter sin' abaht wot their sayin' by makein' everythin' rhyme.

De irsh language is nice an' friendly, especialy after a couple av pints, but can be quite deadly if yer are either cathalic or protesten.

Ahhh de sea-pie lingo, de kind folks from der pewl, juss make se yous dun like any bit o' yer jam jar becuase whun yous get back ter it firkin wul be miss'n, if not de oole th'n

Noo the brummoys, pretty tame really, just extend whatever weared yaw sayen by abart 3 seconds an' you've got it mastered.

The you, one's old bean, have the uppah class, whoh fancy to think they have more brains than everyone else, but whoh, in reality, fie make spiffing punch bags . Jolly good show old bean!

Bur a' t' en' o' t' day, we orl kna, theres nowt betta, than t' gran' owd Yorksha language, t' best language, fert best areeur int' world.

and yes, its a slow eveing :friday:

LOLOLOL.....

You write your accents well!

We had a fitter (parts technician) from London with a cocknie accent that was so thick, some of the Brits even had a difficult time understanding him. We Americans (especially me) just gave up and would smile and say 'yep'. :d So darn difficult... arrghh... Cool accents though.

For guys in other parts of the world, the Brits have many accents on their Island. You would be amazed....

Id have to say my faves are Birmie (Birmingham) and Welsh, which isnt actually 'English' but Welsh. Cool accents...

Bill

FelixFFDS
February 19th, 2009, 14:04
Well.. It sounded proper to me. Being raised by a Cajun gentleman and working for 10 years with Britains from the midlands, my verbage can be ecclectic and pretty mixed...

I can really let go of some wild sentence structures Bill, but it might freak you out. :d

"I done so happy for you to see me today, whooooooo... "

Bill

Wi alueis meik alauanses for yu, Bil.

harleyman
March 14th, 2009, 10:30
BTW A boot ini tweak fixed this ...i guess...never happened again for me....:monkies:

Cazzie
March 14th, 2009, 11:01
Harleyman, you don't reckon they'd want us to start writing like they speak in the vernacular of Western Carolina, do ya?

Very close to the Scots, because the dialect originated from them and the Germans.

Caz

harleyman
March 14th, 2009, 11:25
Maybe...But if we speak live..Thats what they get....LOL :ernae:

pointy31
March 14th, 2009, 12:25
Hmmmm...Mais, I dun tink we hab no ax sent, but it sown like ary else do...:wiggle:

Brian_Gladden
March 14th, 2009, 13:33
I can't write it out but this is the best example of a Vermont accent in action.

Rusty Dewees....

SafPUp6ME9Y

Brian