PDA

View Full Version : Wanted s-55/whirlwind static model

Hooky722
October 6th, 2018, 10:46
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a static scenery model I could use t populate the flight line of the old RNAS Portland Ian and I made a while back a quick search on flightsim.com revealed nothing and avsim will not display on my antiquated laptop any more. Any help appreciated as always

Many Thanks

Hooky

ian elliot
October 6th, 2018, 11:05
Not that i know of Hooky, i know the Alpha/Virt S-55 converts using SAMM, i try'd it myself a while back, but although i got good frame rate's, i had a problem with the pilot hanging half out the fuselage, I guessing that could be solve'd using the updated SAMM or MDLconX so i think thats your only option. Good luck :encouragement:

PHo17
October 7th, 2018, 06:40
I don't know if this helps here but one way to make a "static" aircraft/helicopter is to use some AI airplane (or any plane if not too heavy for fps) and make a flight plan where the plane stays on the same stand most of the time. Naming the "atc_parking_codes=MyHc" (for example) in helicopter's aircraft.cfg and the stand with the same name MyHc (for example using ADE) the helicopter stays at the same parking spot all the time.

I don't know any other Hc as the Alpha/Virtavia s-55 for FSX either.

Shessi
October 7th, 2018, 08:15
Hi H,
Whirly-birds are go!

Done you a couple of bglx's, one open with crew and one closed without crew, based on the AS S55.

PM me with your email.

Cheers

Shessi