View Full Version : Modern Air Combat

Phantom88
September 23rd, 2018, 04:45
New from DCS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYkYuLVpVbw

Roxane-21
September 23rd, 2018, 09:02
Looks promising.

But I see no F-4 to fight against the MiG-21, only F-5E with 'Aggressor' skin. Vietnam War adepts will be disappointed...

Also the most recent era player aircraft depicted are only A-10, F-15, MiG-29, Su-25 and Su-27 derivatives (the same choice as Lock-On).

Trailer only shows Russian carrier Kusnetsov, does it mean no western countries carrier operations, like it was already the case with Lock-On?

Mach3DS
September 23rd, 2018, 13:06
This is an arcade style game with NO clickable VCs. If you have DCS already, this is NOT for you. It's a module that will be available to try to get new blood into the sim and eventually transition people over to the sim side.

Phantom88
September 23rd, 2018, 15:03
This is an arcade style game with NO clickable VCs. If you have DCS already, this is NOT for you. It's a module that will be available to try to get new blood into the sim and eventually transition people over to the sim side.

I agree,this I believe is to take in The "War Thunder" crowd.

Roxane-21
September 24th, 2018, 08:21

I agree,this I believe is to take in The "War Thunder" crowd.

Oh, I thought it was the same idea as Flanker 2.0 and Lock-On. No clickable cockpits like the ones we are used to with MS FS series (no need with modern fighter "HOTAS" concept), but realistic enough systems and flight models to call it a real simulation.

Mach3DS
September 24th, 2018, 10:42
It's basically FC3 style rebranded and repackaged.