PDA

View Full Version : Environment sounds

guzler
February 18th, 2009, 10:27
Is it possible to add sounds in ADE much the same way as an object or a flock of birds ?

Realy enjoy the dog barking at Plumb Island and want to bring other airfileds to life too.

Navy Chief
February 18th, 2009, 10:52
Now THAT is a great question!!!

NC

gera
February 18th, 2009, 12:37
There are many ways to add sound around scenery.....I usually add some music when I shut the engines of any plane.......:kilroy:, in Missions is very easy, since you just add a Wav at any time or place within it....

JoeW
February 18th, 2009, 12:38
No ..........
I have asked several people to make a program to place sounds. I get " It'll never be popular!"
So ..... The only way to do it is by writing XML code and making the FX files.
It's in the SDK.

Tako_Kichi
February 18th, 2009, 14:08
I am a member of the FS Developer forum and this question has been asked over there (possibly as a direct result of the initial question here) and the developer of ADE is very interested in the concept so we may see this feature at some point in the future.

JoeW
February 18th, 2009, 14:20
I'm supposed to writing a paper on this for the wiki. I'll talk to Jon again about this. It's really a very tiring job doing it by hand. It's a bit better after you get some of the basics done so all you have to do is add the coordinates.
Thanks

scruffyduck
February 18th, 2009, 19:53
We have added this to the ADE development list

guzler
February 19th, 2009, 01:04
Great news,

The sound improvements in FSX over FS9 really add life to it. I haven't a clue how to write XML codes, so I will wait until a tool comes out to do it. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Scruffy, ADE is excellent, I only got into scenery design a couple of weeks ago, but it is a great tool. Having played around with AFCADs in FS9, the format was easy to pick up.

Bjoern
February 19th, 2009, 05:56
We have added this to the ADE development list

Yay! I'm already looking forward to adding some death metal or grindcore to every airport terminal. :d

guzler
February 19th, 2009, 09:55
Something a little tamer, say Def Leppard or Aerosmith perhaps !!!

scruffyduck
February 19th, 2009, 21:36
Great news,

The sound improvements in FSX over FS9 really add life to it. I haven't a clue how to write XML codes, so I will wait until a tool comes out to do it. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Scruffy, ADE is excellent, I only got into scenery design a couple of weeks ago, but it is a great tool. Having played around with AFCADs in FS9, the format was easy to pick up.

With Joe's kind help we are looking at it now

Bjoern
February 20th, 2009, 10:07
Something a little tamer, say Def Leppard or Aerosmith perhaps !!!

Fire alert tunes would be Celine Dion then, I guess...:costumes: