PDA

View Full Version : Singapore

Panther_99FS
September 16th, 2018, 16:29
Going into the season, I thought Ferrari and Vettel would win no problem....
These last few races have played out against the odds.....

noddy
September 17th, 2018, 02:53
They are just getting out fixed on the strategy, they clearly have the fastest car. Unfortunately Vettel feels he needs to manage the team and that is not helping his driving.

Perez didn't show himself in best light and costing the team a good points haul.

wombat666
September 17th, 2018, 03:18
I really hate Singapore.
:banghead:
Good run by Verstappen and TBH I'd be inclined to put the Farce India tangle at 50/50, never fails to annoy that the 'best drivers in the World' always try to win at the first/second/third corner on lap 1.
Vettel should just pull his head in and drive.
He's overthinking everything.
And Louise had a 'successful' fashion launch in NY, were the stripes on his TH sneakers red or pink?
:biggrin-new:

Roxane-21
September 17th, 2018, 04:12
never fails to annoy that the 'best drivers in the World' always try to win at the first/second/third corner on lap 1.
Vettel should just pull his head in and drive.

In this case I can't blame them, since yesterday's race proved that you cannot pass after lap 1 at Singapore... Vettel made a great move by passing Verstappen soon after the start. Max got the position back with a good pit strategy, and Vettel couldn't pass him on track after that.

Panther_99FS
September 17th, 2018, 04:21
On a side note...
I thought that was a REALLY COOL P1/Winner's circle!! :redfire:

wombat666
September 17th, 2018, 07:27
There are times when words fail me!!! A few screen grabs from day 1.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/760x766q90/r/924/NoAsQl.jpg

Ferry_vO
September 17th, 2018, 10:38
In this case I can't blame them, since yesterday's race proved that you cannot pass after lap 1 at Singapore... Vettel made a great move by passing Verstappen soon after the start. Max got the position back with a good pit strategy, and Vettel couldn't pass him on track after that.

Ferrari opted for a softer tire than RBR and Mercedes did on their first stop, where they should have gone for the soft option. Now Vettel couldn't attack because he would wreck his tires, and a second stop would have dropped him down to P6..

Panther_99FS
September 17th, 2018, 14:52
Ferrari opted for a softer tire than RBR and Mercedes did on their first stop, where they should have gone for the soft option. Now Vettel couldn't attack because he would wreck his tires, and a second stop would have dropped him down to P6..
Yep.
This move by Ferrari definitely perplexed me.....

Ferry_vO
September 18th, 2018, 01:24
The timing of the stop was poor to, as it got Vettel stuck behind Perez. In free space he might have gotten just ahead of Hamilton after he did his stop. But then he would have had to create a 25 second gap for another pitstop.