PDA

View Full Version : thanks spqr33

SLIP STREAM
February 18th, 2009, 10:10
thanks for the maw missions and the time it took to go to each point to hack them togeather thought we'd never see any more maw missions.:woot:

olaf1924
February 18th, 2009, 15:48
spqr33 thaks for the new maw missons. Maw is the only reason I still have a install of cfs3.:ernae:

remcoc
February 18th, 2009, 23:06
Hi Olaf1924,

Even with ETO? Downloading was a piece of cake.
I'am still stuned when I try all the new planes and effects they made.
And the march-release seems to be even better.

RemcoC

Old Tiger
February 19th, 2009, 04:54
:woot:spqr33 thanks for the new maw missons. Maw has been pretty quite latly, Glad to people like you keeping it alive.:applause:

olaf1924
February 19th, 2009, 06:52
remcoc I tried the new ETO and I still do not care for it. I like the look of the med and north africa more than europe. It could be that the MTO is where my family fought and died starting with operation torch.

O-1Driver
February 19th, 2009, 08:01
remcoc I tried the new ETO and I still do not care for it. I like the look of the med and north africa more than europe. It could be that the MTO is where my family fought and died starting with operation torch.

Olaf,

You will be pleased to know that we will be starting on a MAW update shortly after we release the ETO 1.2 update.

My Wife's Mother was an Army nurse in North Africa, and a very good friend of mine that just passed away a few weeks ago was a flight engineer and top turrett gunner on a B-17 in Italy and North Africa. He was credited with 1 1/2 109s and later served as a gunnery instructor here at Tyndall AAFB for other B-17 crews headed to Europe.

The 109 that he killed was quite a story;

The inexperienced tail gunner put too much grease in his guns and they "froze" up at high altitude and would not fire. A German 109 came up behind them and became very bold when he did not receive any fire from the B-17 tail guns.

As the 109 closed the range, and on signal the B-17 pilot pulled back on the yoke giving John who was in the top turrett a clear shot at the 109 who had closed to optimum 50 cal. range. John said it was an easy shot with no deflection and the 109 took a very heavy dose of 50 cal and caught fire and half rolled under the B-17 shedding pieces and nearly hitting the B-17. The kill was confirmed for him. John said that his initial gunnery school before he deployed consisted of riding in the back of a stake bed truck and firing shot guns to learn deflection shooting from a moving platform. Gunnery school was more sophisticated when he came home from Italy as an instructor.

O-1

gosd
February 19th, 2009, 19:57
That is a very good story,sorry for the lost of your friend.

pachi
February 19th, 2009, 20:13
thanks for your missions spqr33 :ernae:

amazing story O-1 , my condolences for your friend