PDA

View Full Version : White 1 - Me262 reborn

JensOle
October 9th, 2008, 02:45
Hi,

I have been a bit late in getting the dedicated FSX ME-262 package from Flight Replicas, but I did enjoy the the first FS9 pack a lot in the past. The twin seat Me-262 really changed my mind, as I’m very interested in recreating the first twin seater build by the ME-262 project in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">US</st1:place></st1:country-region>. BTW, I really recommend the book “Project Me-262 – the test pilots journal” by Wolf Czaia which brings a very interesting view of the mammoth task of researching, building and getting the Me-262 back in the air, over 50 years since the type last flew. They are housed at Paine Field, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Everett</st1:place></st1:City> not far from the Boeing plant. Actually the team is more or less all former Boeing people and in the local press it has for fun been called the Boeing 262.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
The new 262’s have been approval by the Messerschmitt Foundation in Germany and have actually got its own official Messerschmitt Me-262 “c”suffix (refers to the new J-85 powerplant) and Werk Nummer’s follwing the wartime build series.
<o:p> </o:p>
For some time ago I repainted the second of the new 262’s; single seater ME-262 A-1c D-IMTT and it is available here at the SoH. With the new B model it is possible to make the first of the new aircraft; Me-262 B-1c “White 1” W.nr 501241 (N262AZ) which made the famous first flight in December 2002 flown by Wolf Czaia.
<o:p> </o:p>
As far as my Me-262 wartime history knowledge goes, I recon it must have been painted in a scheme resembling the single seat Me-262 A-1a flown by Maj. Rudolf Sinner from Stab III/JG 7 during March 1945.

The wartime pilots looks a bit out of place for this repaint, but that's only a small detail :)

Regards
Jens-Ole

S
October 9th, 2008, 03:09
Awesome, bring on the repaints for this one. It's a top quality plane!

Panther_99FS
October 9th, 2008, 03:51
:applause::applause::applause:

lifejogger
October 9th, 2008, 04:01
Very nice, one of my favorite jets.:ernae:

Epsillon
October 9th, 2008, 04:18
Nice shots! :applause::applause::applause:
This plane is really a must have...

Stephan

ErnstF
October 9th, 2008, 10:41
Veeeery nice shots and repaint Jens Ole :norway::ernae:

Bomber_12th
October 9th, 2008, 14:17
Wow Jens-Ole, it looks absolutely perfect! It looks photo-real, but even better since you did the paint work yourself - I might just have to finally break down and get this product now. :) All of those stencils and bright warning decals really work well in making the aircraft look busy, while only featuring minimal markings.

I have enjoyed flying your 'D-IMTT' repaint in FS9.

JensOle
October 9th, 2008, 14:50
Thanks for the kind words everybody!

John; I appreciate it very much to get such feedback from a taltented FS designer and paint artist as you. But to say the truth so is my limited skills far from your work (I love your P-47 and P-51 textures!). I really recommend the FSX Me262 pack. The FS9 version was great and this one is even better! I'm reworking the old "Tango-Tango" textures as well to be released together with "White 1".

I try to find realistic scenery and airfields to fly my FS aircraft from and not many wartime Luftwaffe Me-262 bases out there for FSX. But White 1 and D-IMTT (more commonly just called "Tango Tango") fits just as realisticly on the Pain Field runway as a Boeing 747. But thats just me...

Regards,
Jens-Ole

JensOle
October 11th, 2008, 04:21
A few shots of the reworked textures of "Tango Tango". Quite a few changes and some reworked decals etc.

JensOle
January 31st, 2009, 12:35
"Tango Tango" has finally been finished and uploaded. Soon available here and at other major FS sites.

Barvan40
January 31st, 2009, 12:46
Thank you, looks fantastic!!

Barry

gajit
February 1st, 2009, 00:20
Excellent work - I love the aircraft - very well modelled but the paint schemes have been a bit limited - UNTIL NOW !!

JensOle
February 1st, 2009, 01:39
Thanks a lot for the kind words!

Epsillon
February 1st, 2009, 02:06
Splendid work, Jens!
Thanks a lot...:wave:

Stephan

jankees
February 1st, 2009, 02:08
Wow, they look very nice!