PDA

View Full Version : WoP III P-47D

Wings of Gold
September 5th, 2018, 09:49
Can anyone please tell me if the A2A Wings of Power III P-47D had a native FSX model? I am aware of the A2A Acusim version.

Bill

Wings of Gold
September 5th, 2018, 10:11
An even better question is whether it works in P3Dv4. Anyone tried? Anyone tried to convert it?

Bill

Daube
September 5th, 2018, 11:25
The Accusim version IS the WoP III P47D.
In that package, the Accusim module is an addon. You had to buy the P47, which was FSX native of course, and then if you wanted realism, you also had to buy the Accusim extension for the P47.
I have not tried to install it in P3Dv4 though, because its older Accusim module was probably not compatible, which made the plane useless.

airtj
September 5th, 2018, 15:38
They are releasing installers for PD3, so far they have the mustang: military / civilian, T-6, Spitfire.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=55

RobM
September 5th, 2018, 21:07
I tried a quick copy and paste port over to P3Dv4. The plane looks good and flies nicely in v4, and the vc controls and gauges all seem to work,
but the load manager isn't working. The load animations work, so the external tanks and rocket tubes show, but the weight never changes.
Trying to zero out the weights in the P3Dv4 Fuel and Payload screen or the planes own Accusim Fuel and Payload screen doesn't work either.
The plane flies likes it's unloaded, but both Fuel and Payload screens say it's over it's maximum gross weight.

Accusim also didn't seem to be working, since the plane loaded with accusim indicated as on, and the "Accusim off" button wouldn't work.
So I can only assume that means accusim wasn't working.

The plane loaded running, I didn't try a cold and dark start.

- RobM

huub vink
September 5th, 2018, 22:35
As said the WOP III P-47 was already an FSX native model. For the earlier P-47 which was included in the FS2004 WWII fighter set there is an update available at the A2A forum, which will make it a FSX native model.
I don't think the set is available anymore but the FS2004 P-47 model can still be purchased for a very reasonable price. https://a2asimulations.com/product/wings-of-power-p-47-thunderbolt/

This model does of course not have Accusim, so this might be easier to use in P3D.

Cheers,
Huub

IanP
September 6th, 2018, 05:06
WoP2 was a boxed product, which makes finding it a serious challenge. but possible. The aircraft used to be - I don't know whether they still are - available as download products as well except possibly the Zero?

I used to use the FSX native update of the WoP2 Mustang massively for AI traffic until we got specific low-poly AI models to use (for which I have to thank John Young many times over!)

Because the WoP3 P-47D was the second Accu-Sim aircraft ever, after the B377, and has never had a massive update done to it such as was done for COTS on the B377, I don't know how high Scott would put it on the conversion list to P3Dv4. I suspect - and it only my personal opinion - that he'd want to get the ones with a more up-to-date features list done first. The Accu-Sim sound module was, if I remember, the big step forward with the Jug, then the shaking panels and things with the B-17.

Ian P.

Daube
September 6th, 2018, 06:22
I have tried yesterday to move the P47 to P3Dv4.
Basically, all of the custom Accusim sounds are missing (switches, primer, inertia starter etc...) but I did get the canopy and engine sounds.
The plane started but I didn't test the behavior of the engine nor in flight.
I haven't checked the weights either...

DaveQ
September 6th, 2018, 13:26
As said the WOP III P-47 was already an FSX native model. For the earlier P-47 which was included in the FS2004 WWII fighter set there is an update available at the A2A forum, which will make it a FSX native model.
I don't think the set is available anymore but the FS2004 P-47 model can still be purchased for a very reasonable price. https://a2asimulations.com/product/wings-of-power-p-47-thunderbolt/

This model does of course not have Accusim, so this might be easier to use in P3D.

Cheers,
Huub

As far as I know this was a port-over, not native. I've converted it and the P-72 to FSX- and P3Dv4-native as best I can and love it. As a painter I prefer it to the new AH one for the simple reason that it offers the opportunity for a greater number of more accurate repaints. But obviously the quality is not to modern standards.

DaveQ

Daube
September 6th, 2018, 14:52
I tested again tonight.
I confirm the load manager doesn't work, it's possible to make the load appear, but no weight is applied.
Also, it's not possible to adjust the fuel levels.
Finally, the Accusim part doesn't work, the maintenance popup tells the engine needs overhaul as soon as you start moving. I'll remove the plane from the hangar and wait for the P3Dv4 version, if it ever appears.

IanP
September 7th, 2018, 01:00
@DaveQ: The patch makes the FS9 P-47D FSX native.

Included in the patch:
- Aircraft exported with native FSX tools
- SP2 / Acceleration supported
- Prop clipping fixed
- Light bloom black screen bug fixed
- Additional minor FSX fixes

Also, from the same post;

They also released the Thunderbolt under their new “Solo” line of aircraft, which is compatible with both Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11547

Cheers,

Ian P.

DaveQ
September 7th, 2018, 03:52
@DaveQ: The patch makes the FS9 P-47D FSX native.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ian, this was a patch for the WoP2 P-47D and (from what I read of the thread) only ever applied to one model (the D-22 razorback I think). Mind you the thread is 10 years old and I have definitely gone a bit senile since....:dispirited: Mine are fully native with specs and bumps. A real shame I can never share them.

DaveQ

IanP
September 7th, 2018, 05:29
WoP is WW2 Fighters, Dave... They're one and the same as the download "stand alone" versions. I have the box set and applied the patches to everything but the Zero, for which no patch is available.

However, when I had lost the box for a number of years and wanted to test the Mustang as AI, I got access to the download one as well, via Lewis or Scott (can't remember which now, sorry gents!) and applied the patch to that, which also worked fine.

Anyway, all the WoP2/WWII Fighters aircraft except the Zero can now be made FSX native via the patches. The WoP3 ones are already FSX native, with or without Accu-Sim. None of the aircraft from the original Shockwave Wings of Power pack are, unfortunately, converted, as there are a couple of interesting models in there. :)

Cheers,

Ian P.

huub vink
September 7th, 2018, 05:47
I think there is some confusion about the different FS2004 P-47s done by A2A Shockwave. There use to be a P-47 package called Wing of Power (WOP) P-47 Thunderbolt. This package contained several models including the Bubble-top versions and the XP-72 prototype.

Only one of these models, the Razorback, was included in the WWII fighters package. This single model is still available at the A2A shop and can be downloaded for $9.99 and for this single model there is an update into an FSX native version avaiable at the A2A forums.

For the other models in the original Wing of Power (WOP) P-47 Thunderbolt package, like the bubble-top and the XP-72 there is no update available.

Cheers,
Huub

DaveQ
September 7th, 2018, 09:04
I think there is some confusion about the different FS2004 P-47s done by A2A Shockwave. There use to be a P-47 package called Wing of Power (WOP) P-47 Thunderbolt. This package contained several models including the Bubble-top versions and the XP-72 prototype.

Cheers,
Huub

Sorry if I've confused folk, but Huub is correct. Mine are the original WoP set with D-22, D-25, D-30, M and N as well as the contra-prop version of the XP-72. Have also fudged up a D-28 (with and without dorsal fin fillet) and various 'P-72s' with standard prop and contra-prop arrangements (N wing and rear fuselage (as was planned), and 8 guns)

DaveQ

IanP
September 8th, 2018, 04:32
My apologies - I was one of the confused, as I wasn't aware that A2A had done a bubbletop. I sit corrected. :)

Ian P.