PDA

View Full Version : another vista user with a problem.

chrisandco
February 18th, 2009, 04:42
Hello,
I'm new to flight sim and have run cfs1 O.K. Have aquired cfs3 but, vista 32 doesn't like it.
geforce7300le . System freezes and I can't get past the configuration page. Have tried changing resolution and telling vista to run as xp but to no avail. this can't be a new prob here so I thought I'd ask for guidance. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/help.gif

Gandi
February 18th, 2009, 04:56
have you tried setting to run as admin?

wsmwsm
February 18th, 2009, 08:12
I have Vista Home Premium 32. Although I have had some issues with CFS3 and Vista, nothing major. I have been able to install basic CFS3, basic CFS2, MAW, PTO, ETO Expansion and Korea. The only hangup was OFF Phase 2, and that's been solved.

Some suggestion, however.

1. First try uninstalling then reinstalling CFS3 in the standard manner. Perhaps the issue is not Vista related.

2. As noted above, trying running as adminstrator. That is, right click the CFS3 icon and then choose "run as adminsitrator" from the menu.

3. Uninstall CFS3. Then turn off the User Account Control. This option can be found by clicking on the Control option, then User Accounts. The option to turn off the UAC is inside. Then install again. Note: you may then need to run the game only when the UAC is still off.