PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Aeroplane Heaven's Constellation?

gary42127
February 18th, 2009, 03:41
I check their website from time to time, but nada.

dharris
February 18th, 2009, 12:41
Some info here, http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&PID=19739

diegoxs
February 18th, 2009, 12:52
We have have a bunch of Connies on the way in tha California Classics site! there are:

The 1049 versions we have targeted, at least initially, are as follows:

1. The L1049G with and without tip tanks

2. A military C-121/R7V-1 with cargo doors (ie C-121C, G, J, EC-121R (the "Da Nang Glider") ', VC-121E)

3. A cargo L1049H, no tip tanks

All by Manfred Jahn and his group

dharris
February 18th, 2009, 13:34
The good news just got a lot better, you folks do a great job, thanks in advance and please keep us in the loop. Don

tigisfat
February 18th, 2009, 13:58
FSX/SP2 w/ VC?

Tim-HH
February 18th, 2009, 14:22
Yes, Manfred and his team are doing a superb job!! :applause:

But nevertheless it would be great to hear some news from Baz regarding the beautiful AH Connie :)

Greetings
Tim

diegoxs
February 18th, 2009, 14:26
The Connie line will have VC's. The first relases will be FSX portovers and FS9 SDK, but after that Manfred will get full into FSX and i think it will beat AH's Connie!.
We don't have a Super Connie model since 1998!!

bazzar
February 18th, 2009, 16:13
If you mean the Just Flight Constellations, we are currently working on finishing up the VC/FirstClass cabin areas for the L049 series.

The L049s and L749s will come with Speedpack options too.

The interior decor and the young lady's fashion changes with the era of the version. Can't wait for the 60s...:engel016:

GypsyBaron
February 18th, 2009, 17:27
If you mean the Just Flight Constellations, we are currently working on finishing up the VC/FirstClass cabin areas for the L049 series.

The interior decor and the young lady's fashion changes with the era of the version. Can't wait for the 60s...:engel016:

Is the FE station in the VC functional...gauges,
throttles, etc active??

Also, was it only the military versions that had a door
next to the FE station? I remember sitting at the FE
console and looking out at #3 and counting blades whenever
the FE would let me start our NC-121J on the ramp
at Ton Son Nhut.

Paul

bazzar
February 18th, 2009, 17:38
Hi Paul,

The FE station did indeed have a door and port (you could see No.3 from there) we have yet to finish the VC.

Yes the flight engineer's station is fully functional with all gauges, throttles, prop and cowlflaps controls etc. etc.:engel016:

crashaz
February 18th, 2009, 18:15
Nice work Baz!:wavey:

Javis
February 18th, 2009, 18:26
Shaping up nicely, Baz ! Excellent work on the VC ! The L-049 looks soooo gorgeous !! :applause:

Here's to the most beautiful aircraft ( Ok, propliner.. ) ever produced !! :ernae::friday:

Keep at it, mate, you're doing well. Envy you ! :d

Cheers,
Jan

bazzar
February 18th, 2009, 18:38
Thanks guys, lot of work in here...;>)

Here's the view out of the cabin...

cheezyflier
February 18th, 2009, 18:51
wow!!!!!!

ColoKent
February 18th, 2009, 19:01
....on the speedpak mod!!! It's about time somebody did that.

A EC-121 Warning Star with top and bottom radomes would complete the dream!

Kent

bazzar
February 18th, 2009, 19:05
That one's coming in a later pack.:wavey:

Lionheart
February 18th, 2009, 19:34
Looks awesome Bazz!

:ernae:

Thanks for letting us know on its progress.

Bill

gary42127
February 18th, 2009, 23:26
We have have a bunch of Connies on the way in tha California Classics site! there are:

The 1049 versions we have targeted, at least initially, are as follows:

1. The L1049G with and without tip tanks

2. A military C-121/R7V-1 with cargo doors (ie C-121C, G, J, EC-121R (the "Da Nang Glider") ', VC-121E)

3. A cargo L1049H, no tip tanks

All by Manfred Jahn and his group

Thanks for the info.

This is one aircraft I can't seem to get enough of. :)

gary42127
February 18th, 2009, 23:32

Sorry about that....I thought it was an AH aircraft.

Looking forward to its release. :)

Ian Warren
February 19th, 2009, 03:31
Bazza , those screens , ABSOLUTELY BEAUTYFULL !

bazzar
February 19th, 2009, 03:55
Sorry about that....I thought it was an AH aircraft.

Looking forward to its release. :)

Well, in a way you're right. We build under contract for Just Flight on some projects. This one is all theirs.:engel016:

cheezyflier
February 19th, 2009, 05:52
ya know, it's kinda funny, how popular these oldies are. there are so many neat, new technology aircraft, and yet the dc-3 is the 2nd or 3rd most flown plane i have in fsx, and the turbo connie and the p-38 are the most flown i have in fs-9.

Tim-HH
February 19th, 2009, 06:35
That looks absolutely great, Baz! Thanks for the new pictures :applause: :jump:

Greetings
Tim

dharris
February 19th, 2009, 14:18
:friday:I concur with Ian. We have been going around with connies from various distributors, and we feel this one is about the best. Glad to see you are back at it hard work is good for you. Of course us old Connie fliers, don' t work hard much anymore, unless you count trying hard not to die before the model is released! Thanks again for your great work. Don

GypsyBaron
February 19th, 2009, 20:32
Thanks guys, lot of work in here...;>)

Here's the view out of the cabin...

Needs to be some...no, ALOT...of oil on those R-3350's,
the wings & the flaps.... ;)

I remember all to well after returning from every mission
we would drain some avgas into cans and dip rags in
the avgas then proceed to wipe the surfaces down to
remove all the oil that was 'expelled' during the mission :)

Looks great! I'm looking forward to this bird!

Paul

bazzar
February 20th, 2009, 03:43
Oh how I wish you'd have a word with some of our critics who insist that our first renditions were "too oily" !

Most radials and certainly ones of this period deposited a fair amount of oil over the flying surfaces. Personally I like to see that on a depiction of a classic aeroplane. Same with scratches and servicing marks, bumps and dents. It adds character.

Give me a battle-scarred Spitfire over a shiny showpiece anytime!:engel016:

cheezyflier
February 20th, 2009, 06:05
that's been my complaint for a while now. i really would love it if one of the awesome painters here would make some dirty bird repaints for some of the fsx planes like the dc-3, the carenado cessnas, and all the fsx g/a stuff.

dharris
February 20th, 2009, 06:07
I think maybe a lot of people want a shiny new plane, at aleast at first. Having been around connies for a lot of years, they never looked shiny an new. She was an old aircraft design even when she first came on the scene to be used as wv-s' The R7's in our squadrons, were not real pretty either. In fact the WV's usually looked better and cleaner (probably from greater use) than the R7's. I know one of our R7;s was shipped off to VX-6 for polar duty at the south pole. Still love the breed though. I will take her anyway you want to present her. Thanks again Baz