PDA

View Full Version : Corsicana Field Notes

falcon409
August 25th, 2018, 07:08
I know folks won't read the readme, or at the very least skim over and miss something, so here are the hi_lites.

1) No night textures, no seasonal textures beyond what's supplied (Spring, Summer)
2) Turn Crash Detection off. . .Sorry, but this is a grass runway/taxiway system that has. . .ya know. . .grass. I coded it to turn crashes off. . .but crashes still occur. If you want to fly and enjoy the scenery. . .turn off crash detection. If that kills your "immersion factor", don't bother downloading the scenery.
3) there are two files noted in the readme that allow you to control the static aircraft I included as well as the period vehicles.
4) 98% of the objects in this scenery are default. If you haven't messed with those you should see everything. One exception is the control tower. I "upped" the resolution of that one building and so I supplied the new texture, which needs to be put back in it's correct place (details in the readme).
The open hangar is a custom object with a hardened floor. You can taxi your Stearman or like sized aircraft in through the doors (66' opening), turn and come back out, if you don't have to use the much disliked ("by me") differential steering. Also, the Black Widow will just squeak through the opening (I must reiterate). . .turn crash detection off with this scenery.
5) There is a fuel trigger on the ramp. Taxi up to the fuel truck to the left of the tower to refuel.