PDA

View Full Version : HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

mjahn
August 15th, 2018, 07:22
Still in the testing stage but soon to be released: a 'modern' VC to go with any of the current C-47s (V3.1406) - mainly for simmers who want to use dual GPS's, standard radios, annunciators etc.

It's going to be a standalone package including Gordon 'gman' Madison's Piedmont Airlines texture and a long-nosed ski-equipped Navy R4D-5 resurrected from the original 2011 model. HD (4096 px) versions of the Piedmont texture will be made available separately.

If desired, models and textures can freely be ported to Jan Visser's VVC setup, and vice versa.

Some preliminary screens to whet the appetite...

http://imghst.co/89/qGjxocrlKp.jpg

http://imghst.co/95/S7LXkz&NEu.jpg

http://imghst.co/87/X2PDUK&rSF.jpg

Priller
August 15th, 2018, 07:52
WOW!! Brilliant news!!

Priller

menef
August 15th, 2018, 08:43
GREAT job :applause:

blanston12
August 15th, 2018, 12:14
Looks fantastic, very much looking forward to it.
:jump:

jankees
August 15th, 2018, 13:01
Cool! Looking forward to it

Craig Taylor
August 15th, 2018, 13:33
+1, if you're counting replies. I've been flying the previous version for quite some time since I prefer the modern panel setup. Love your Gooney Birds! :encouragement:

henrystreet
August 15th, 2018, 13:37
Still in the testing stage but soon to be released: a 'modern' VC to go with any of the current C-47s (V3.1406) - mainly for simmers who want to use dual GPS's, standard radios, annunciators etc.

It's going to be a standalone package including Gordon 'gman' Madison's Piedmont Airlines texture and a long-nosed ski-equipped Navy R4D-5 resurrected from the original 2011 model. HD (4096 px) versions of the Piedmont texture will be made available separately.

If desired, models and textures can freely be ported to Jan Visser's VVC setup, and vice versa.

Some preliminary screens to whet the appetite... http://imghst.co/89/qGjxocrlKp.jpg

http://imghst.co/95/S7LXkz&NEu.jpg

http://imghst.co/87/X2PDUK&rSF.jpg

I'm not seeing any pictures. Something wrong with my browser setup?

psm
August 15th, 2018, 17:13
Wonderful, will it be possible to use in C117, my favorite?

hairyspin
August 15th, 2018, 22:14
I'm not seeing any pictures. Something wrong with my browser setup?

And yet your quoted post has the pics showing in mine... not IE9 by any chance? Some bother has been noticed with that of late.

henrystreet
August 15th, 2018, 22:28
And yet your quoted post has the pics showing in mine... not IE9 by any chance? Some bother has been noticed with that of late.

Odd...no pictures in Chrome or Edge on my workstation but can see them in Chrome on my phone.

Edit: Cleared all the temp files, etc. in Chrome on my workstation, still no joy.

simondix
August 15th, 2018, 23:40
Wonderful, will it be possible to use in C117, my favorite?Wonderful, will it be possible to use in C117, my favorite?I also would like to know, plus the Basler and Braddick?

mjahn
August 16th, 2018, 00:23

Not really because it has the wrong location (too far back) and the wrong engines. But I meant to check anyway if a separate version for the C-117 was possible. This may take some testing though.

mjahn
August 16th, 2018, 00:28
I also would like to know, plus the Basler and Braddick?

Errr .... actually, this 'modern' VC is a heavily modified version of the Basler/Braddick and it is strictly radial engines specific. So I don't think there is any point in porting it back to where it came from.

simondix
August 16th, 2018, 12:51
Thanks for the update. No I can see the point in that.

Paul K
August 16th, 2018, 13:15
That looks super. Thank you, MJ.

manfredc3
August 16th, 2018, 18:52
Blasphemy for those preferring the original "Authentic" look.

But good looking for those wanting a more modern cockpit.

Now all parties can be happy.

YoYo
August 17th, 2018, 02:01
This is WOW! :ernaehrung004: Again :biggrin-new:.
Any chance to have default rain effects for P3Dv4 on windshield (like Maule)?

YoYo
August 17th, 2018, 11:06
Example (SDK P3Dv4):

http://youtu.be/j1UYj2PMWXo

mjahn
August 17th, 2018, 23:30
Definitely that's what one would like to have. So far I am running my models in gmax FSX 'compatibility' mode only. I believe it would require a major conversion to get this implemented. Have you had any success with it? How is it done?

alpha charlie
August 18th, 2018, 03:05
May I suggest a light gray color for the cockpit. It looks like most of the modern C-47 cockpits are painted that way.

scotth6
August 18th, 2018, 04:01
Schweeet!!!

flyingboxcar
August 19th, 2018, 11:38
Great looking stuff here. Can't wait.
I assume we will have it to use with P3Dv4.3?
I too would love to have the C-117 revived and updated with this panel, if possable. I should add, I am using only P3Dv4.3 now and of course the C-47 works really great there, so I hope for the C-117 for use with that program.
Thanks MJ for your great contribution to our virtual world.

mjahn
August 20th, 2018, 00:02
The C-117 is at the finishing touches stage, and with some minor restrictions (payload manager, battery recharge) it runs fine on P3d V4.

Paul K
August 20th, 2018, 00:28
The C-117 is at the finishing touches stage, and with some minor restrictions (payload manager, battery recharge) it runs fine on P3d V4.

Manfred, once this is completed and if it's not too much trouble, could you summarise what the latest versions of the C-47 and C-117 are, and which panels go with what. It will enable the absent-minded amongst us ( me ) to bring everything up to date.

I like the black panel. I really really do like that. Thanks for your ongoing work in this hobby.

mjahn
August 21st, 2018, 05:45
Manfred, once this is completed and if it's not too much trouble, could you summarise what the latest versions of the C-47 and C-117 are, and which panels go with what. It will enable the absent-minded amongst us ( me ) to bring everything up to date. I like the black panel. I really really do like that. Thanks for your ongoing work in this hobby.

Paul, they are fully standalone and can be run side by side with C-117 V2 and C-47 3.1406. The only downside of the new versions is that some of the earlier HJN gauges (mainly Basler fuel system, payload mgr, and battery recharge) have been set inop.

Both package are uploading to the SOH lib right now.

mjahn
August 21st, 2018, 05:52
Awaiting clearance ...

FSX/P3D Modern VC (MVC) for Douglas C-47 V3

This package allows simmers to fly any of Manfred Jahn's V3 C-47s from a modern
VC complete with 3D GPS, radio and AP panels, annunciator screen, interactive
checklist, and 2D 'Monitor' panel. The package is full-scale standalone (165 MB zipped)
and includes two exterior models - a Piedmont Airlines C-47 and a ski-equipped US
Navy R4D-5. Models revised by Manfred Jahn, textures by Gordon (gman) Madison
and Nick Cooper, testing by Alan G. Ampolsk and Ralf Scholten. For further
credits (FDE, sounds, gauges, etc) refer to Jan Visser's (DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS)
original C-47 V3 package.

Edit: this one's here already:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=220&id=24438

FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V.3

This standalone package adds new startup procedures, automixture management, interactive
checklist, VC chatter and the 'Monitor' panel to a re-textured VC. The mods are largely based on
Jan Visser's (team DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS) C-47 package. Models revised by Manfred Jahn,
textures by Gordon (gman) Madison and Nick Cooper, testing by Alan G. Ampolsk and Ralf
Scholten. Original historical research by John Detrick, flight dynamics by Alexander M. Metzger,
gauges, animations, and failure conditions by Hansjoerg Naegele.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=220&id=24439

Penz
August 21st, 2018, 07:35
Awesome stuff Manfred, huge thanks to the entire team! :applause:

manfredc3
August 21st, 2018, 08:49
Just downloaded both.

Wondering what I will be doing in the next few hours??? :redfire::applause::encouragement:

blanston12
August 21st, 2018, 10:47
Just downloaded them also, but alas will be a couple days before I can experience there wonderfulness.

manfredc3
August 21st, 2018, 14:21
Already been having a lot of fun with both of them, even though I will still favor the VVC over the MVC.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62947&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62948&stc=1

speedy70
August 21st, 2018, 15:19
Is it possible to inaugerate this panel in the C47 aircraft so that we can make an entry of "modern panel "or just" panel" so that we only need one C47 aircraft with all it's repaints.

Cheers Chris

mjahn
August 22nd, 2018, 00:12
Is it possible to inaugerate this panel in the C47 aircraft so that we can make an entry of "modern panel "or just" panel" so that we only need one C47 aircraft with all it's repaints.

It's funny because that's how we started out on this project, working on just one big happy C-47 folder. But then we thought HD space isn't much of an issue these days and two folders do keep things much tidier than one, trial runs, setups without the current C-47 (these, incredibly, do exist) and the option of a clean deinstall included.

That said, you could try merging the new folders and files into your main C-47 folder yourself, but remember to keep track of all variant texture, panel, and model folders as well as texture and aircraft.cfg's. All of which, believe me, is really error prone and the net result, apart from saving a lot of HD space, is identical.

mjahn
August 22nd, 2018, 00:38
May I suggest a light gray color for the cockpit. It looks like most of the modern C-47 cockpits are painted that way.

In the early stages we had three color schemes, one clean light grey, one green, and one dark grey. Eventually the dark grey won out and we discontinued the others. Repainting is always an option.

Paul K
August 22nd, 2018, 03:28
Paul, they are fully standalone and can be run side by side with C-117 V2 and C-47 3.1406. The only downside of the new versions is that some of the earlier HJN gauges (mainly Basler fuel system, payload mgr, and battery recharge) have been set inop.

Thank you, Manfred.

I've just done my first circuit in the new C-117, and it is an absolute delight. The new VC is the final polish on what was already a superb model. If anyone needs a thoroughly enjoyable 'in-service' vintage cargo twin, they need look no further than this aircraft. Thank you very much for all your hard work, and of course, that goes to everyone else involved in it.

So, now to transfer the repaints across from version 2. :-)

jankees
August 22nd, 2018, 05:23
I just uploaded a few of my repaints, with the proper aircraft.cfg entries for V3.

aspen31
August 22nd, 2018, 05:41
Hi all
I have recently downloaded the new C-117. I have not seen this before but the sound package shows everything to be present but the right engine startup and shutdown sounds do not play. I have re-downloaded the package twice with the same results. The folder shows that all files are present. Hope someone has an idea or suggestion. Other than this sound issue this seems another great airplane. Thanks for creating it.
Warren

Dave22
August 22nd, 2018, 06:35
I have my in-game voice (FSX CD) turned way down, but the voice acting level in this modern VC is still extremely high volume to the point of annoyance. Not sure there is a bulk program that could turn down every vocal bit.

Would at some point like to see a more lightly used firewall texture.

I like the color, it's just right for me but everyone has preferences.

The F11 key becomes inoperable when using this production on my computer, and I can no longer use the key to manually access the outside view.

It's a very well done modern VC, and something that I appreciate very much.

mjahn
August 22nd, 2018, 07:09
Hi all
I have recently downloaded the new C-117. I have not seen this before but the sound package shows everything to be present but the right engine startup and shutdown sounds do not play. I have re-downloaded the package twice with the same results. The folder shows that all files are present. Hope someone has an idea or suggestion.

Nothing missing on my setup. Perhaps try using the C-47 sound folder?

aspen31
August 22nd, 2018, 07:18
Hi Manfred
Nothing is missing in my folders either. Each file has data and none of them are empty but still a couple will not play. I did switch to my C-47 sound package and while I'm not sure the crank sequence is exact it works. Another observation is that once I have everything running and then do a shutdown and then a restart everything seems normal. I have seen this in one of my other aircraft as well - perhaps peculiar to my machine. In any case the C-117 flies well. Off to find some repaints.
Thanks
Warren

mjahn
August 22nd, 2018, 07:22
I have my in-game voice (FSX CD) turned way down, but the voice acting level in this modern VC is still extremely high volume to the point of annoyance. Not sure there is a bulk program that could turn down every vocal bit.

Perhaps a hardware- related issue? First time I've heard this reported. However, you can easily turn down the volume by going to the DGSounds subfolder (in folder panel.modern) and edit file CockpitSounds_C117.ini by adding a numerical value from -1 (loud) to -10000 (inaudible). For instance,

Sound177=\panel.modern\DGSounds\SND_Calls\AD-1.wav -5000

would considerably decrease the volume of this particular callout.

The F11 key becomes inoperable when using this production on my computer, and I can no longer use the key to manually access the outside view.

Never noticed that because I use the 'S/Shift-S' keys. However I am pretty sure you can edit the CameraDefinitions in aircraft.cfg in such a manner as to revert to the default behavior of the F9+ keys.

psm
August 22nd, 2018, 08:57
Everything works well just in the checklist when doing the test warn light all the lights do not go out anymore, not doing the test without problems.

simtech
August 22nd, 2018, 17:56
Many kudos to Manfred and team. I thought you had hit the epitome of excellence in the 3.15 version, but somehow things just seems to work more completely and smoothly. Flap, gear callouts don't stutter and I like the new MVC. I'm not getting rid of the VVC, by any means, it's a nice touch. I liked the little "Back to Petersboro" ditty by the copilot (now we know why he's a copilot and not a singer :biggrin-new:). Only criticism is the lamp test doesn't go out and couldn't get fuel pressure in the green. No biggie, just won't do a lamp test. The "cranky engine start" is neat...I really like that. This plane is very period authentic in gauge and aircraft response behavior. Super job, gentlemen. Thank you for this wonderful gift. Time to get another external drive for all of the repaints. Also, one last shout out to Gman.. Love the Piedmont livery. great job... Thank you..Terry

Dave22
August 22nd, 2018, 20:58
Never noticed that because I use the 'S/Shift-S' keys. However I am pretty sure you can edit the CameraDefinitions in aircraft.cfg in such a manner as to revert to the default behavior of the F9+ keys.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I see nothing about camera definitions that would remedy the issue, or don't have enough knowledge about it which may be more likely. No idea about the following: gauge00=C47!Keys

mjahn
August 22nd, 2018, 22:04
Sorry guys, just a quick post that I will be incommunicado for about one week.

Dave: just google "fsx cameradefinitions tutorial" and you'll find a solution I am sure. Gauge00/Keys better leave well alone.

ncooper
August 23rd, 2018, 00:20

Hello,

I think that if you look for

HotKeySelect=1

in the aircraft.cfg file and change it/them to

//HotKeySelect=1

your problem will go away

Dave22
August 24th, 2018, 09:39
Really dig the modern VC, thanks for the tips. Would not mind seeing a few more worn spots on the firewall, nevertheless it's very well made

Cheers

blanston12
August 24th, 2018, 13:11
I was trying this out and was really happy with it. The only thing I would wish to add would be a NAV/GPS button in the VC.

mjahn
August 25th, 2018, 03:17
I was trying this out and was really happy with it. The only thing I would wish to add would be a NAV/GPS button in the VC.

For the NAV/GPS link switch click the CDI button on the Garmin.

MZee1960
August 26th, 2018, 14:26
A very nice addition for my C-117. Still prefer the gorgeous VVC for my C-47 aircraft, however. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

A couple very minor things I noticed wrt the MVC in my C-117 :
1) Windshield wiper animation only visible in VC view, not in external views - ie. spot view etc.
2) Can the GPS be made to show as 2D pop-up either by right clicking mouse on top part of it while in VC view, or by using one of the function keys ? (Sometimes it's hard to see GPS info screens without zooming in on the dashboard.)

Thank-you, once again for another beautiful model.

MZ.

blanston12
August 26th, 2018, 15:36
For the NAV/GPS link switch click the CDI button on the Garmin.

Blimey! It works, that button had been right under my nose all this time. Thanks for the info!

mjahn
August 27th, 2018, 00:06
A couple very minor things I noticed wrt the MVC in my C-117 :
1) Windshield wiper animation only visible in VC view, not in external views - ie. spot view etc.
2) Can the GPS be made to show as 2D pop-up either by right clicking mouse on top part of it while in VC view, or by using one of the function keys ? (Sometimes it's hard to see GPS info screens without zooming in on the dashboard.)

Wiper animation missing in external view, yep, that's an oversight, well spotted.

AFAIK you can add the default 2D GPS 500. I know we did it initially. Try it as window05 (Shift-6) thus:

First, add a window title line to panel.cfg:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Fuel and Payload
Window02=Control Panel
Window03=Monitor
Window04=Clipboard
Window05=GPS
Window10=Monitor Help
Window11=Keys

Then add the default gauge like so, possibly adjusted for size:

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
pixel_size=456,378
position=2
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

menef
August 27th, 2018, 01:16
Thank you Mjahn for your upgrades for both C47/C117! The only little flaw I've noticed on both birds, is a quite strange thing that in the previous version didn't exist: when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ...:biggrin-new: Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice saying only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" :pirate: - I've installed the new aircraft correctly, deleting all previous versions and my Platform is FSX Gold / Windows 7. Regards

mjahn
August 27th, 2018, 01:41
Thank you Mjahn for your upgrades for both C47/C117! The only little flaw I've noticed on both birds, is a quite strange thing that in the previous version didn't exist: when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ...:biggrin-new: Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice sayng only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" :pirate: - I've installed the new aircraft correctly, deleting all previous versions and my Platform is FSX Gold / Windows 7. Regards

"Deleting all previous versions" - why? The packages are standalone, allowing users free choice between them and earlier setups.

None of the testers here reported the conflicting voices you describe nor can I replicate them here now (but see edit, below). However, some of them are triggered by a random procedure so it may indeed happen on initialization. Partly it may also be due to the fact that the callouts are turned ON automatically on initialization (unlike in the earlier versions). The Monitor window also shows on initialization. You can use it or the title page of the checklist to turn the callouts off. For the goodbye sequence you could turn the callouts OFF before leaving the sim to avoid the clipped goodbye (which doesnt happen here).

I'll run a test to verify what I am saying here, one never knows ...

OK, correction, I do get a clipped voicebite on starting a fresh flight, but not when loading a saved flight, or when ending a session.

It's not difficult to edit the gauge that turns the callouts ON and makes the Monitor panel show. Let me know if interested.

menef
August 27th, 2018, 03:52
"Deleting all previous versions" - why? The packages are standalone, allowing users free choice between them and earlier setups.

None of the testers here reported the conflicting voices you describe nor can I replicate them here now (but see edit, below). However, some of them are triggered by a random procedure so it may indeed happen on initialization. Partly it may also be due to the fact that the callouts are turned ON automatically on initialization (unlike in the earlier versions). The Monitor window also shows on initialization. You can use it or the title page of the checklist to turn the callouts off. For the goodbye sequence you could turn the callouts OFF before leaving the sim to avoid the clipped goodbye (which doesnt happen here).

I'll run a test to verify what I am saying here, one never knows ...

OK, correction, I do get a clipped voicebite on starting a fresh flight, but not when loading a saved flight, or when ending a session.

It's not difficult to edit the gauge that turns the callouts ON and makes the Monitor panel show. Let me know if interested.

Thank you and correction : I've deleted only the C117.V2 , so I've : C117.V3 - C47_MVC and C47 latest version (historic VC), and confused voices come from the first 2 packages. And I'd be interested in turning OFF the callouts :encouragement: Thank you

mjahn
August 27th, 2018, 06:51
CPM, I mean, see PM.

menef
August 27th, 2018, 07:33
CPM, I mean, see PM.

Thank you :very_drunk:

MZee1960
August 27th, 2018, 10:57
.. when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ...:biggrin-new: Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice saying only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" :pirate: . Regards

I can say that this also happens to me as well, but I never paid much attention to it until now that someone else has brought it up.

Also, is there a way that the black rectangular control/monitor panel can be set not to pop up automatically when the C-117 is launched in FSX. I prefer to manually select it on/off using the shift-4 key as required.

My system is running FSX Deluxe Edition with SP1 & 2.

Thank-you, Manfred and Co., once again for these fantastic must have models.

MZ.

mjahn
August 27th, 2018, 12:14
OK, simply replace the xml file in the subfolder of panel.modern.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ys1bkhdm77hdkk/no_callouts.zip?dl=0

tgycgijoes
August 27th, 2018, 12:39
Manfred and team, thank you so much for your fantastic aircraft. You guys go way above and beyond the call...Gonna go find my old USN C117 texture I had for NAS Alameda from the flashdrive archives and install the new guys into my FSX.

tgycgijoes
August 27th, 2018, 17:19
Back when last year when the original V3.1.3.4 came out I searched for and found the V2 repaint for Southern Airways and it is in identical DDS textures as the V3 textures are so its matches perfectly. I posted a couple shots back then and here are new ones with the new modern panel. Its beautiful thank you.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63104&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63105&stc=1

flyingboxcar
September 6th, 2018, 04:08
Wiper animation missing in external view, yep, that's an oversight, well spotted.

AFAIK you can add the default 2D GPS 500. I know we did it initially. Try it as window05 (Shift-6) thus:

First, add a window title line to panel.cfg:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Fuel and Payload
Window02=Control Panel
Window03=Monitor
Window04=Clipboard
Window05=GPS
Window10=Monitor Help
Window11=Keys

Then add the default gauge like so, possibly adjusted for size:

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
pixel_size=456,378
position=2
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

MJ- I also would like to have this option so I could move it to my second monitor and make it larger and easier to read. I made the change you outlined above to my installed Douglas C-117D V3, but it did not work. When I hit Shift 6 I get a message that nothing is mapped to Shift 6. It shows all the other Shift items that are mapped. I double checked the panel cfg file and the change I added matches your suggestion. I even did a copy and paste of your text for the window, but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another step I have to do?
Thanks. Love the plane.

jmbiii
September 6th, 2018, 05:21
Back when last year when the original V3.1.3.4 came out I searched for and found the V2 repaint for Southern Airways and it is in identical DDS textures as the V3 textures are so its matches perfectly. I posted a couple shots back then and here are new ones with the new modern panel. Its beautiful thank you.

tgycgijoes : Where did you get the Southern skin ? I've been searching for it to no avail. Was the first airliner I flew in.

Cirrus N210MS
September 6th, 2018, 07:11
tgycgijoes : Where did you get the Southern skin ? I've been searching for it to no avail. Was the first airliner I flew in.

here is all of the skins i have downloaded for the C-47 i saved them on one drive

drop into your sim Objects Airplanes folder no editing needed

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArRq6fxxTT8ElHwXhhmnp9mOTbyI

Lonewolfee1
September 6th, 2018, 08:42
I didn't think I'd like it. Then I tried it. Now I do!!! Thanks for all who worked on this project. Salute!!!

mjahn
September 6th, 2018, 09:02
MJ- I also would like to have this option so I could move it to my second monitor and make it larger and easier to read. I made the change you outlined above to my installed Douglas C-117D V3, but it did not work. When I hit Shift 6 I get a message that nothing is mapped to Shift 6. It shows all the other Shift items that are mapped. I double checked the panel cfg file and the change I added matches your suggestion. I even did a copy and paste of your text for the window, but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another step I have to do? Thanks. Love the plane.

Just copy/pasted it into my V3 panel.cfg and the 2D GPS shows just fine, both on Shift-6 and clicking on Monitor > Misc > "GPS". Anything unusual with your setup? Perhaps check if you have the fs9gps.cab in your main Gauges folder?

Lonewolfee1
September 6th, 2018, 16:58
here is all of the skins i have downloaded for the C-47 i saved them on one drive

Thanks for this.

Cirrus N210MS
September 6th, 2018, 19:34
Thanks for this.

your welcome

jmbiii
September 7th, 2018, 07:44

Thanks for all the repaints ! I didn't realize there were so many !

EDIT: Darn, 154 repaints and no Southern Airways. I've searched Flightsim AVSim, Simvation and here, SOH. The repaint may be here but I keep getting a 'database' error when I search.
All others I've found were for the default FSX DC-3.

Cirrus N210MS
September 7th, 2018, 12:00

EDIT: Darn, 154 repaints and no Southern Airways. I've searched Flightsim AVSim, Simvation and here, SOH. The repaint may be here but I keep getting a 'database' error when I search.

yep i search high and low for all of them :wavey:

Cirrus N210MS
September 7th, 2018, 12:03

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41313791_10215249910274669_3557451609468305408_o.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6e5ea39504d59fc37b61f2b1bcc5e099&oe=5C277F3C

found Southern Airways for you i will update the skins pack soon :wavey:

Cirrus N210MS
September 7th, 2018, 14:00

here you go jmbiii

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArRq6fxxTT8ElG8UdTXxHsQyRqg4

jmbiii
September 7th, 2018, 16:15
Many thanks, Cirrus ! Now off to fly that first flight - Memphis to Tri-Cities.

Cirrus N210MS
September 7th, 2018, 16:39
Many thanks, Cirrus ! Now off to fly that first flight - Memphis to Tri-Cities.

Happy to Help so many planes for you to pick from too :wavey:

mgr
September 8th, 2018, 01:15
Hi,

This is done with good intend i gather, yet strongly request to REMOVE this download as soon as possible.

Lot of repaints which are included have distribution limitations within there readme files. So distributing them this way you are not doing all the repainter a favour :pirate:.
Note the link also shows up now at different sites and fora.

So again, please remove this file.

Thank you!

Marcel

flyingboxcar
September 8th, 2018, 06:02
Just copy/pasted it into my V3 panel.cfg and the 2D GPS shows just fine, both on Shift-6 and clicking on Monitor > Misc > "GPS". Anything unusual with your setup? Perhaps check if you have the fs9gps.cab in your main Gauges folder?[/LEFT]
I have it working now.
Thanks.

Hanimichal
September 8th, 2018, 14:17
Hi,This is done with good intend i gather, yet strongly request to REMOVE this download as soon as possible.Lot of repaints which are included have distribution limitations within there readme files. So distributing them this way you are not doing all the repainter a favour :pirate:.Note the link also shows up now at different sites and fora.So again, please remove this file.Thank you!Marcel
Thanks, I have stopped painting some time ago for this was one of reason.Also that Southern Airways is my paint http://hanimichal.wixsite.com/myaddonsfsx/c-47

DCA1161
September 26th, 2018, 06:37
Usually youonly see de COM1 light on the audio panel. Testing things I hit the DME-button.The light goes on, but I can’t get it of. As a result I hear a repeating Morsecode every time a NAV1 VOR/DME is active. I don’t hear anything when NAV2 isactive.
Secondproblem: When I start P3Dv4 with the new C-47 the monitor shows up very small.When I reload the plane, I get the monitor in normal size. Anyone any Idea? Otherwisegreat plane.
Roy

jmdriskell
January 30th, 2022, 14:44
I just discovered Manfred Jahn's wonderful C-117D. I started with V2 but now I'm flying V3. Incidentally, I have some bootleg time in a C-117D while stationed in Iwakuni in the late 1970s.

Couple of Questions:

The panel contains an ADF but I can't find the ADF needle. Where's it hidden?
The fuel system in the V2 contained 6 tanks with an operative fuel selector panel. The V3 contains 4 tanks but the fule selector panel has several inop switches. How does one switch from the main to the aux tanks? The tail wheel on the MCAS Quantico appears bent when retracted. Is this just within the repaint?

I was a member of the Quantico Flying Club in the late 1970s, joining shortly after the C-117D was retired. Logged lots of hours drilling holes in the sky with one of the club's T-34s.

Thanks for the info.

James M Driskell